Home The Bridge
Options

Fleet Boss Battles - Feedback thread

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    And other people should have the freedom to make the opposite choice, without forever being locked out of getting certain crew cards.

If you're unwilling to do certain things why should you be rewarded for that behaviour?

This isn't even a situation where you're being asked to do something difficult. You're being asked to do something that's pretty easy.

Because some people would rather "Rule in Hell" { a Fleet that is not meeting the goals they are upset about missing} than "serve in Heaven" and get the benefits they say they are missing.

People are free to choose to not find an active Fleet. But, it is kind of silly to stay in a Fleet that is not providing what they want provided, then complain they are not getting what they want.

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    How about they kill 2 birds with one stone and let us use trainers and replicator rations to replicate the FBB currency (set to some level of appropriately high numbers of trainers/rep rations)? The kemocite and more rare stuff. Maybe even give us a starbase room where you can spend the trainers/rations, removing them from your inventory, and the officers control which resource is produced?

I don't think WRG needs to cater every single feature to every single type of player - that isn't possible to give everyone everything they want in the way they want it. I personally agree with Bylo's point of view but I also think in light of Ben's comments that new bosses will require new currency, having an alternate slow way of gaining any of that currency solves multiple problems. Especially if WRG is determined to give us a crazy high number of trainers and rations. :wink:
  • Options
    IIRC, @WRG Ben mentioned in the last YouTube livestream (don't have a timestamp, sorry) that the FBB might cause an increase in fleet consolidation and/or players needing to join larger, more active fleets. If there is a business purpose for that underlying the design of this new game mechanism, I would be very interested in learning about it.

The reason is peer pressure.

Its not always in your face and aggressive. But its always there. Example:

You are the new fish in a top 10 fleet, your new peers are running in the sub 100 ranks for the event, have all the shiny new crew, are filling up the channels bragging about their “lucky pulls” from purchasing the LTO, and as a result, people who typically spent less suddenly start spending more.

Im sure they can easily pull spending data and they have undoubtedly found that active fleets spend more, and people spend more when they are part of those fleets.

Im not saying they have bad intentikms. They want more money so if they can put people into social situations that make it more likely for them to spend, they are winning.

Sorry if this is a negative view. I think that its pretty realistic though.

A slightly more positive reason might be that less fleets means consolidated data and better performance on the Servers? Something like that possible coders, Iters, and computer geniuses? It seems to me that logically it would take less memory to track say 500 Fleets than 1500?
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    If you're unwilling to do certain things why should you be rewarded for that behaviour?

Because this is a card-collecting game, not a socializing game. Having social contacts shouldn't be a requirement. if you don't have any social anxiety or discomfort at the thought of trying to fit in with 49 complete strangers, good for you. But other people are not all in the same boat, and they shouldn't be punished for that.

Imagine if there were exclusive crew that could only be obtained by watching a bunch of ads. I would be pretty upset about that, because watching ads is not actually a part of the game. It's something that's attached to the game which allows you to get some nice extra bonuses if you want to, but there shouldn't be a mission where the objective is to watch a lot of ads. By the same token, there shouldn't be a mission where the objective is to join an active fleet.

I literally play a game that now has 32 Ads you can watch a day {when it works!} to get in-game items that are actually mostly useful. And there is a Daily Task to watch one Ad plus a Weekly that has seven Ranks. From viewing 5 to 35 in increments of five.
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "What do fleets do?"
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    Putting oneself deliberately in such a disadvantaged situation is a decision I respect, but I am not sure why Fleet Boss Battles are suddenly the deal breaker.

It's simple actually. It's the difference between difficult and impossible.

Quoting, but speaking to everyone who needs to hear this...

It is "impossible" by choice, that is the point I am making. There is a remedy to the problem already in place; join a fleet. Players need fleets more than ever now, active fleets are always looking for new members more than ever now, it is win-win.

To people in dying fleets or small fleets, if you want to keep your core players together find people in a similar situation and merge fleets (I'd move everyone into the fleet with the best starbase). For people who defiantly refuse to join a fleet for "reasons", find 49 like-minded individuals, start a fleet called Desolation Row, have everyone join up and then be content being alone together in a collective of 50 one-person squadrons. Or just add Fleet Bosses to the long list of other things you are depriving yourself of by choice.

This is a fleet-driven game. Join a fleet, merge fleets, or create a fleet. There are dozens of established fleets with fully developed starbases looking for active players RIGHT NOW, pick one you like, join up, and you will have helped solve TWO problems. Your new Admiral/officers/fleet will thank you, and you will thank yourself when you start getting bonus chronitons, lots of bonus Honor, huge starbase bonuses, and the ability to actually have fun with the Fleet Boss.

This boss is different. If players choose not to be in a full competitive fleet there is no way to earn McCoy. He's the first crew that will be 100% unobtainable unless you do X. That's a fundamental change in the game design.

Is it said that this crew will never come in the portal?

• Options
    Why don’t you put in a “Favorite” or Specifier mark so we can alert the entire fleet on which BOSS Battle we’re working on. Like with Starbases, contributing to other “rooms” stretches out our fleet. A Prioritizing flag would be appreciated.

+1
  • Options
    RookiebatmanRookiebatman ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Selective quoting to misstate what someone said is kind of a childish thing. But people love doing it here for some reason .

Why do you need the whole quote? Why do you need me to tell you what you yourself already said? If you really need to see the full context, just click on the link in the quote and it'll take you back to the original comment the quote came from. What a weird thing to get upset about. People probably love doing it here because it saves space so other people don't have to scroll past a copy of a comment they already read.

Anyway, I never claimed yousaid anyone had to change fleets. But that's basically what the devs are saying by making a game mode where exclusive crew can only be obtained by people in active, healthy fleets.
    I literally play a game that now has 32 Ads you can watch a day {when it works!} to get in-game items that are actually mostly useful. And there is a Daily Task to watch one Ad plus a Weekly that has seven Ranks. From viewing 5 to 35 in increments of five.

Now see, that's a game I wouldn't bother playing.
  • Options
    Selective quoting to misstate what someone said is kind of a childish thing. But people love doing it here for some reason .

Why do you need the whole quote? Why do you need me to tell you what you yourself already said? If you really need to see the full context, just click on the link in the quote and it'll take you back to the original comment the quote came from. What a weird thing to get upset about. People probably love doing it here because it saves space so other people don't have to scroll past a copy of a comment they already read.

Anyway, I never claimed yousaid anyone had to change fleets. But that's basically what the devs are saying by making a game mode where exclusive crew can only be obtained by people in active, healthy fleets.

Now see, that's a game I wouldn't bother playing.

BECAUSE MANIPULATING WHAT SOMEONE SAID SO YOU CAN LIE ABOUT THEM IS RUDE, CHILDISH, AND INCONSIDERATE!!!!!

{CLICK}
  • Options

BECAUSE MANIPULATING WHAT SOMEONE SAID SO YOU CAN LIE ABOUT THEM IS RUDE, CHILDISH, AND INCONSIDERATE!!!!!

Well gee, then it's a good thing I didn't do that.

• Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

Because this is a card-collecting game, not a socializing game. Having social contacts shouldn't be a requirement. if you don't have any social anxiety or discomfort at the thought of trying to fit in with 49 complete strangers, good for you. But other people are not all in the same boat, and they shouldn't be punished for that.

Imagine if there were exclusive crew that could only be obtained by watching a bunch of ads. I would be pretty upset about that, because watching ads is not actually a part of the game. It's something that's attached to the game which allows you to get some nice extra bonuses if you want to, but there shouldn't be a mission where the objective is to watch a lot of ads. By the same token, there shouldn't be a mission where the objective is to join an active fleet.

This is a game. It has a number of sub-games within it. Perform well enough in a game, you get some loot.
    One of those sub-games is join a fleet, beat up a challenging boss and get some loot.

I think you should join Subspace Eddies. We are currently farming hard mode bosses while people work on their 4* ship strategies. We would prefer if you did your dailies. You’re not required to say a god damn thing to anyone and you’re free to ignore anyone. You’re not expected to do well in events but be nice to your squad leader and put in a token effort in Faction events. You’ll get extra loot from our starbase. This is what we call minimal effort.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Slick wrote: »
    Was there a post where someone suggested a good Crew combo on the La Sirena? I went back several pages and cannot find it.

Some people in my fleet use Mariner, Zimmerman, Ardra, Undercover O'Brien (not necessarily in that order).
    I made them officers

Lol, there it is.

Proto Riker, Mariner, Ardra, Skorr Tchar has given me the best results.

Another combo if people have them is

La Sirena

Carpenter Street T'Pol
    Batleth Mariner
    Ardra
    Skorr

n717zhneixns.jpg

Consistently 3.1 million on Auto.

nlrinvfig9ft.jpg
  • Options
    RookiebatmanRookiebatman ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    I think you should join Subspace Eddies.

You misunderstand me. I'm not taking this position because I myself am not in a fleet and therefore will inevitably miss out on these rewards. I'm already in a fleet that has a pretty similar level of participation and socialization as what you described. I'm happy with my fleet and I'm glad I joined, but that doesn't mean I can't be sympathetic toward the people who have more social anxiety or trepidation about being in a group like that than you or I do. Personally, I don't feel like they should be excluded from the rewards you and I will probably be able to get eventually. I'm not gonna be the type of person who says "screw you, I got mine," just because I was lucky enough to find a chill fleet that I can fit in with pretty well. I want the people who aren't as lucky to still have some avenue by which they can obtain the bridge-exclusive ship and crew.

The problem with this game mode excluding anyone not in an active fleet is that it punishes a certain type of person, not a certain type of player. I don't think that's fair, and I would hope someone else spoke up for me if the shoe were on the other foot.

• Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

You misunderstand me. I'm not taking this position because I myself am not in a fleet and therefore will inevitably miss out on these rewards. I'm already in a fleet that has a pretty similar level of participation and socialization as what you described. I'm happy with my fleet and I'm glad I joined, but that doesn't mean I can't be sympathetic toward the people who have more social anxiety or trepidation about being in a group like that than you or I do. Personally, I don't feel like they should be excluded from the rewards you and I will probably be able to get eventually. I'm not gonna be the type of person who says "screw you, I got mine," just because I was lucky enough to find a chill fleet that I can fit in with pretty well. I want the people who aren't as lucky to still have some avenue by which they can obtain the bridge-exclusive ship and crew.

The problem with this game mode excluding anyone not in an active fleet is that it punishes a certain type of person, not a certain type of player. I don't think that's fair, and I would hope someone else spoke up for me if the shoe were on the other foot.

I can point out a few people in this thread which might claim to have social anxiety yet have extensive forum posting histories which severely undercuts their claims.

My opinion is join a chill fleet that doesn’t expect much from its players. I’m not at all sure Ultra-Nightmare is something I’ll ever beat because I have a rough understanding of how that’s done. For now, I’m fine with that.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why don’t you put in a “Favorite” or Specifier mark so we can alert the entire fleet on which BOSS Battle we’re working on. Like with Starbases, contributing to other “rooms” stretches out our fleet. A Prioritizing flag would be appreciated.

Yes, please. For the love of God! I've tried putting up notices as to which one we're working on in the message of the day. I put up notices in the chat. Most of the officers are on board and are trying to help steer the few people playing to the right one. It isn't working. The tag MIGHT. It's not always successful with the Starbase, but it's something.
    Also, quit hiding the traits, if you've cleared a node. I can still help figure them out, IF I CAN SEE THEM! As it is, I've been asking for someone to tell me in chat for hours! My screenshot failed, which I have to access via a second, synced device but I can do, so I'm blind. It's a Torres or a Chakotay, but that's the best I can do.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options

I can point out a few people in this thread which might claim to have social anxiety yet have extensive forum posting histories which severely undercuts their claims.

My opinion is join a chill fleet that doesn’t expect much from its players. I’m not at all sure Ultra-Nightmare is something I’ll ever beat because I have a rough understanding of how that’s done. For now, I’m fine with that.

And I can point out that there might be a difference for some people between posting on a FORUM and going to a crowded, loud party or something. But, please. Talk down to us more about OUR lives.

• Options
    Mirror McCoyMirror McCoy ✭✭✭✭
    Selective quoting to misstate what someone said is kind.

• Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

And I can point out that there might be a difference for some people between posting on a FORUM and going to a crowded, loud party or something. But, please. Talk down to us more about OUR lives.

You’re not going to a crowded, loud party. Your pressing a button in an online game. Pushing that button gets you more loot. Not pushing the button gets you less loot. It’s pretty binary.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    This boss is different. If players choose not to be in a full competitive fleet there is no way to earn McCoy. He's the first crew that will be 100% unobtainable unless you do X. That's a fundamental change in the game design.

Imagine if there was a crew that was only in an ultra premium campaign and we were told they would never be added to the portal? Or a crew in a permanent paid pack for $100. You could buy the crew whenever you wanted, but you had to buy the crew to get them.

I disagree with Bylo Band's position in general, but crew in the Honor Hall and Gauntlet-exclusive crew are preexisting examples of crew that, by all indications, will never be in the portal. Which means they are unobtainable unless you do X. But in the past, X was things like "spend Honor" or "play the Gauntlet." This is the first time X has ever included joining a very active fleet.
    But, those people got to be part of a thriving active Fleet.

Shouldn't that be their own choice, though? As in, they choose it because they want to get more ISM and other nice little bonuses, not because it's literally impossible to get some exclusive crew without it. The game is now essentially saying "here are some things you can't have at all, ever unless you put yourself in a social environment that some of you might not be comfortable with." That's different than not meeting ISM goals. You go on to say, "I'd rather be a foot soldier in an active fleet." Well, good for you, you should have the freedom to make that choice. And other people should have the freedom to make the opposite choice, without forever being locked out of getting certain crew cards.

Instead of picking out one line of what I said, maybe post the entire quote? Which would show that I NEVER said anyone HAD to change Fleets? I believe I even mentioned it was up to people what they want to do. Selective quoting to misstate what someone said is kind of a childish thing. But people love doing it here for some reason .

I think that is just doing what western news media do everyday.
  • Options

You’re not going to a crowded, loud party. Your pressing a button in an online game. Pushing that button gets you more loot. Not pushing the button gets you less loot. It’s pretty binary.

Kinda my point. People acting like someone with social anxiety should not be able to play a game online because other people are playing. And I pointed out it is very different from going to an actual social gathering. It's not like all the players are in one big conference room physically playing together.
  • Options
    SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Was there a post where someone suggested a good Crew combo on the La Sirena? I went back several pages and cannot find it.

Some people in my fleet use Mariner, Zimmerman, Ardra, Undercover O'Brien (not necessarily in that order).
    I made them officers

Lol, there it is.

Define a ‘best’ result.

Riker only gives a +7 attack. Zimmerman gives a +10 with a very long duration.

Its the bonus ability, not the attack points. I also tried the Duras Sisters for the attack points and long duration. Those results were also good, but not quite as much.
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprises B & C, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!
  • Options

Say you don't understand what social anxiety is without saying it.

• Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

I made them officers

Lol, there it is.

Define a ‘best’ result.

Riker only gives a +7 attack. Zimmerman gives a +10 with a very long duration.

Its the bonus ability, not the attack points. I also tried the Duras Sisters for the attack points and long duration. Those results were also good, but not quite as much.

Zimmerman has a higher bonus while overlapping better with other crew. The ATK skill serves as a foundation for every other damage skill. 18 ATK is effectively a 20% damage increase over 15 ATK.

For example, In a La Sirena with Ardra:
    6-12s: Position
    6-18s: Zimmerman and Ardra
    18-30s: Refresh crew
    30-36s: Position
    30-42s: Zimmerman and Ardra
    Add whatever you like for the other seats.

I’ve scored over 5 million damage multiple times with:
    Borg Sphere
    One 350% Hammer (Skorr, Paris or Mariner)
    10 ATK (Zimmerman or T’Pau)
    Ardra (16000 crit)
    O’Brien (16000 crit)
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

Say you don't understand what social anxiety is without saying it.

I know what it is. I don’t see how it applies over in a game fleet where you’re not required to interact with anyone.
  • Options
    I know what it is.

Great, then you already know that someone posting on a message board like this doesn't mean they don't get anxious about other types of social interaction.
    I don’t see how it applies over in a game fleet where you’re not required to interact with anyone.

The crux of this discussion is that it seems like the current reward scheme is forcing people to join active fleets if they want to complete boss battles to unlock bridge rewards. Completing boss battles means 1) finding an active fleet that's capable of beating those bosses, not just any old group of casual players, and then 2) joining the fleet in a unified strategy so that everyone's resources are directed toward a common goal (like "farming hard mode bosses while people work on their 4* ship strategies," presumably so you can make a run at Brutal at some specific point in the near future).

You don't think that requires any interaction? It's not just pressing a button and getting loot.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know what it is.

Great, then you already know that someone posting on a message board like this doesn't mean they don't get anxious about other types of social interaction.
    I don’t see how it applies over in a game fleet where you’re not required to interact with anyone.

The crux of this discussion is that it seems like the current reward scheme is forcing people to join active fleets if they want to complete boss battles to unlock bridge rewards. Completing boss battles means 1) finding an active fleet that's capable of beating those bosses, not just any old group of casual players, and then 2) joining the fleet in a unified strategy so that everyone's resources are directed toward a common goal (like "farming hard mode bosses while people work on their 4* ship strategies," presumably so you can make a run at Brutal at some specific point in the near future).

You don't think that requires any interaction? It's not just pressing a button and getting loot.

There are some people who are actively discussing and talking about FBB in fleet. Usually on discord.
    There are some people who haven’t said a word ever, there’s no guarantee they’re seeing fleet chat, they’re not on discord and I’m only aware that they’re doing anything because they appear on the fleet rankings list. The only reason they seem to attack the hard boss is because it dies twice a day. These same people are probably getting a decently upgraded bridge and starbase loot everyday with almost no interaction and definitely no communication. It’s almost like we’re not asking for much.
  • Options

There are some people who are actively discussing and talking about FBB in fleet. Usually on discord.
    There are some people who haven’t said a word ever, there’s no guarantee they’re seeing fleet chat, they’re not on discord and I’m only aware that they’re doing anything because they appear on the fleet rankings list. The only reason they seem to attack the hard boss is because it dies twice a day. These same people are probably getting a decently upgraded bridge and starbase loot everyday with almost no interaction and definitely no communication. It’s almost like we’re not asking for much.

Then they're lucky. Like I said before, I'm happy with my fleet and I'm glad I joined, but that doesn't mean I can't be sympathetic toward the people who have more social anxiety or trepidation about being in a group like that than you or I do [and feeling trepidation about being in a group like that could mean they never join up to find out how little communication might be required, if they're lucky enough to find a fleet as chill as yours that has any openings]. Personally, I don't feel like they should be excluded from the rewards you and I will probably be able to get eventually. I'm not gonna be the type of person who says "screw you, I got mine," just because I was lucky enough to find a chill fleet that I can fit in with pretty well. I want the people who aren't as lucky to still have some avenue by which they can obtain the bridge-exclusive ship and crew.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

Then they're lucky. Like I said before, I'm happy with my fleet and I'm glad I joined, but that doesn't mean I can't be sympathetic toward the people who have more social anxiety or trepidation about being in a group like that than you or I do [and feeling trepidation about being in a group like that could mean they never join up to find out how little communication might be required, if they're lucky enough to find a fleet as chill as yours that has any openings]. Personally, I don't feel like they should be excluded from the rewards you and I will probably be able to get eventually. I'm not gonna be the type of person who says "screw you, I got mine," just because I was lucky enough to find a chill fleet that I can fit in with pretty well. I want the people who aren't as lucky to still have some avenue by which they can obtain the bridge-exclusive ship and crew.

It’s a Freemium game. Not spending money is far more crippling than not joining a fleet. In a game, you’re gonna have to jump through hoops. Some may think this is a small flaming hoop three metres off the ground. The reality is it’s a three metre hoop sitting on the ground with ice cream on the other side of it.