Home The Bridge
Options

Fleet Boss Battles - Feedback thread

Comments

• Options
    Princess_UhuraPrincess_Uhura ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Im going to suspend further jusgment until details of the next client come out.

If some of the bigger and more troubling concerns from the 500+ feedback comments left here are not addressed, ill have a lot to say about it.

Suffice it to say, i really hope that they make the fbb possible traits restricted to portal crew. If they are insane enough to think that they can force people to compulsively grab up every single card in the game, and punish those who dont dump dilithium on every new portal pack offering, and punish people in the name of promoting an as yet not released crew, im done.

This isnt sometjing that needs looking into. This is simple. Keep it portal only. And im really not asking.

The crew slot limitations, merit availability to unfreeze them when we need them, and resources to even level up and immortalize all of their crew would be such a limiting factor that i dknt wven want to wrap my head around how much dilithium, merits and honor it would take.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice too if players who already unlocked nodes, can still see the remaining traits so they can still help with the puzzle.

If you have a fleet Discord or something like that, someone who hasn't unlocked a node can post a screenshot there. It shouldn't require an external communication platform, but "we're basically forcing them to use external, non-sanctioned tools" kinda seems to be the fundamental design principle of STT at this point.

Fixed that for you.

Quite a lot of this game works better with external tools. Would I be getting a 12h Voyage without proper optimization that exists outside the game? Likely not.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    Fixed that for you.

Quite a lot of this game works better with external tools. Would I be getting a 12h Voyage without proper optimization that exists outside the game? Likely not.

Fair point, but it seems like a bigger problem for FBB, since the external tools for voyages are just to get the best possible voyage time, whereas with FBB, it's a whole mode that's built around fleet interaction which doesn't even provide any ways for fleets to interact.
  • Options
    It would be nice too if players who already unlocked nodes, can still see the remaining traits so they can still help with the puzzle.

If you have a fleet Discord or something like that, someone who hasn't unlocked a node can post a screenshot there. It shouldn't require an external communication platform, but "we're basically forcing them to use external, non-sanctioned tools" kinda seems to be the fundamental design principle of STT at this point.

Fixed that for you.

The community of this game is what holds it all together.

But wrg really shouldnt be leaning on that as hard as they are. In fact, they should be actively working to keep it all in game. That statement from nynn could open the door to some ugly results......
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Fixed that for you.

Fair point, but it seems like a bigger problem for FBB, since the external tools for voyages are just to get the best possible voyage time, whereas with FBB, it's a whole mode that's built around fleet interaction which doesn't even provide any ways for fleets to interact.

The tools to do FBB are entirely in game. Its not very efficient but they're present.

The hardest part of FBB isn't trait matching. Its the ship battles themselves. Crew swapping in this game blows. There's no real way to search for specific battle stats like Position. Traits I can figure out with in game tools. Helping a fleetmate figure out his optimal crew set up? I had to comb through his Datacore crewsharing since he's a relatively recent player who doesn't have the depth of 4*'s like I do.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    The tools to do FBB are entirely in game. Its not very efficient but they're present.

I would agree with you, in the narrowest technical sense, if the in-game chat was something that could be used to transmit messages to people consistently and reliably. But it's not, and thus the tools to organize a boss battle with the rest of your fleet are not present in-game.

All they had to do was slap on a "message window" like in the Starbase, and at least then the officers or admiral would have some way to make sure everyone who went into FBB saw the most crucial information from the fleet, but they didn't even do that. They did absolutely nothing to provide ways for the leaders of the fleet to interact with other members of the fleet in-game, despite this being a mode all about fleet interaction.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Valor needs to be deducted at the end of the battle not the beginning. There have been too many times the game has crashed on me and I lost the Valor and get no points in the battle.

Happened to me three times yesterday and once already today. I send a CS ticket every time. I'll take a hit, but I won't do that to my Fleet. We need every damage run.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm finished. Captain's Bridge is Three. So I am done.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Was there a post where someone suggested a good Crew combo on the La Sirena? I went back several pages and cannot find it.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Is it me or the game???

I've been playing pretty much the same ship and crew on Hard for the last 3 days and seem to get the same amount of damage on Bridges 2 - 4. It doesn't appear that the improved Bridge has any effect.
  • Options
    JimBerlinJimBerlin ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Was there a post where someone suggested a good Crew combo on the La Sirena? I went back several pages and cannot find it.

Try the FBB Board in the ready room. Post what you're using if it's doing a better job on auto than what's already there. It's based off of community submissions.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    Hagbard wrote: »
    Is it me or the game???

I've been playing pretty much the same ship and crew on Hard for the last 3 days and seem to get the same amount of damage on Bridges 2 - 4. It doesn't appear that the improved Bridge has any effect.

I noticed a difference, especially the less damage received.
    Doing more damage is hard to track due to RNG.
    But in average it should be higher.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    I think there might be confirmation that one only gets one opportunity to unlock combos (if they unlock one or more combos with attempt).Someone had a Denubulan seat trait that 3* Phlox did not unlock. But, 2* has the same traits. So this might have been done after unlocking a combo.
  • Options
    JimBerlin wrote: »

Try the FBB Board in the ready room. Post what you're using if it's doing a better job on auto than what's already there. It's based off of community submissions.

Looks like these give good results even on Auto:

La Sirena

Carpenter Street T'Pol
    Mariner
    Ardra
    Nemesis Sacrifice Data/Skorr

{Skorr matches the last seat, but Data does not. So, no Equipment Bonuses for him.}

I unfroze T'Pol, Ardra, and Skorr. Mariner is still being leveled & equipped.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    No idea if it is suggested already.
    But a possibility to buy Kemocite with magnesite
    Bitrium with Kemocite
    etc.

Then everyone can progress their captain bridge.
  • Options
    JimBerlinJimBerlin ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Fixed that for you.

The hardest part of FBB isn't trait matching. Its the ship battles themselves. Crew swapping in this game blows. There's no real way to search for specific battle stats like Position. Traits I can figure out with in game tools. Helping a fleetmate figure out his optimal crew set up? I had to comb through his Datacore crewsharing since he's a relatively recent player who doesn't have the depth of 4*'s like I do.

Have you seen my tool in the ready room? I made the FAST tool explicitly for that problem. Any suggestions for further functionality are welcomed.

I plan on adding a flag for crew present on your roster with a crew.csv paste sometime soon to make that even easier.
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    My fleet did a normal battle and we did 75% damage. Now I see that only the top 3 captains received any of the rewards for getting to 75% damage....like the 2 Kemocite....Not fair at all since 26 of us took part in the battle. This is a real deal breaker for the lower ranking members of my fleet. There is no reason for them to use resources and time for something that gives them nothing.

You need to do enough damage to qualify for the personal rewards. Fleet rewards are completely dependant on hitting that threshold, if you don't make it then you don't get anything. This has been well documented, and the threshold was lowered to 1M damage for normal mode to make it easier for people to hit.
  • Options
    Mirror McCoyMirror McCoy ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Does anyone know what happens if you join a fight and then are offline for over 24 hours so it ends and one or more start (and end)? Do you still get the rewards from the one you weren't around to collect for?
  • Options
    This is probably too much to ask but i’d like it if Human, Starfleet, and Federation could be taken out of the pool for potential traits. It’s just too broad and there’s too many characters with those traits to help us narrow it down IMO. Obviously we still get there when the traits are an option, but it would make things easier and more helpful if they were excluded :smiley:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Comment removed. ~Shan