Home Ready Room
Options

Fleet Boss Battles - Strategies and advices thread

Comments

• Options
    Does anyone know the timeframe for how many merits it costs to revive crew?

I have all my 1-3 star crew frozen, but in order to participate in the Normal Dooms Combo, I need to revive a specific one and then freeze others. This is very costly for merits and am very low and have no way to get more. I’ve noticed that sometimes it costs 150 merits to revive, but other times it’s 300. I assume there’s a waiting period, but am not sure what it is.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    It refreshes at 12:00 EST.

You can also cheese Normal/Easy without using Merits. I accumulate Voyage and packs rewards and then see if any of those work.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Does anyone know the timeframe for how many merits it costs to revive crew?

I have all my 1-3 star crew frozen, but in order to participate in the Normal Dooms Combo, I need to revive a specific one and then freeze others. This is very costly for merits and am very low and have no way to get more. I’ve noticed that sometimes it costs 150 merits to revive, but other times it’s 300. I assume there’s a waiting period, but am not sure what it is.

The first one you unfreeze, from 12pm eastern (the time that DABO resets and events start and finish), 17:00UTC
    1st 100 merits
    2nd 150 merits
    3rd 200 merits
    4th+ 300 merits
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Normal Boss Battle

I cannot figure out why replacing O'Brien with prisoner 'Bones' McCoy ends up leading to 300k less damage in normal. I look at the passive skills and I see nothing
    that explains it.

BTW, Kang, EV Suit Tuvok, O'Brien is the best crew I have used so far. I average 90k better than the Away team Neelix one. Though again I have to control It.

First activate cloak , followed right away with Kang, and then immediately followed by the first ship ability immediate damage. Need to pause before using Tuvok at least 2secs. meanwhile, hit O'Brien as soon as damage is taken so might be before Tuvok, but not before Kang, go auto now.

You get two hits with Tuvok with the highest attack this way. If you last long enough click Kang when active , I never survive long enough to really do any damage when the cloak becomes available for the 3rd time. Auto wants to wait for cloak.

I will take videos tomorrow of my normal battles. I will then screenshot the info and put on the bridge since I see a thread there. it in the other thread here in the ready room.

I must have posted in wrong thread, I thought Commander Scott was a replacement for O'Brien but I did not realize that Scott repaired Hull.
    But, I also think now with my upgrades, O'Brien might get 3rd repair in, will check it out.

Edit2: O'Brien is now nowhere near getting a 3rd repair in. I have been pointing out that my upgrades are making battles shorter, and have heard nothing from WRG to explain why they have gotten shorter. Also my crew do less damage too.
    Which I argue , means the Boss damage reduction is actually increasing the damage. Again I am trying to point this out to WRG but seems to be falling on death ears. So right now I am playing with upgrading to be able to prove it. I just realized this does not explain why I am doing less damage.
  • Options
    NasHamNasHam ✭✭
    JimBerlin wrote: »
    Seems the cloak damage trigger isn't working properly or I'm doing something wrong. I could not get Klingon Dukat to hit with his 400% damage with the K't'inga Battlecruiser. Others on Timelines Talks discord confirmed the same behavior. So, I think it's not just me being brain dead from sleep deprivation.

Edit: It seems my lack of experience with cloaked ships messed me up here. Activating the instant damage crew during the cloak ended it (duh!). So, I needed to at least not fire Crusher beforehand. I will check later to see if Kang can fire first and then Dukat.

please explain to me since I don't know about cloaking
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    NasHam wrote: »
    Seems the cloak damage trigger isn't working properly or I'm doing something wrong. I could not get Klingon Dukat to hit with his 400% damage with the K't'inga Battlecruiser. Others on Timelines Talks discord confirmed the same behavior. So, I think it's not just me being brain dead from sleep deprivation.

Edit: It seems my lack of experience with cloaked ships messed me up here. Activating the instant damage crew during the cloak ended it (duh!). So, I needed to at least not fire Crusher beforehand. I will check later to see if Kang can fire first and then Dukat.

u2cukjbqvw8v.jpeg
    https://sttwiki.org/wiki/Starship_Battles#Ship_Battle_Statuses
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    DNA spreadsheet is now updated with Boss Battles tools for helping to find matching crew etc. Based heavily on @(A) Traveling Man sheet that he created with some add in's and additional logic to tie it in with the DNA sheet. His is the light weight options, mine works well if you are already using the DNA, but if not I'd stick with his sheet vs the DNA for just that piece, although it will function without using anything else on the sheet.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    NasHamNasHam ✭✭

u2cukjbqvw8v.jpeg

thx bro
  • Options
    Lt. GambolLt. Gambol ✭✭✭
    My fleet is currently farming "Hard" several times daily, and we're coordinating an assault tomorrow to knock out Brutal and unlock Nightmare. For anyone that's already unlocked Nightmare, are you finding it to be easier to defeat than Brutal?

I'm also curious what ship / crew combos have proven the most successful for Hard / Brutal for you. Our current meta is La Sirena with Mariner-Zimmerman-Undercover O'Brien-Skorr. That's usually netting 4m+ damage, with some scores exceeding 5m. We were using the Borg Sphere, but the Sirena's position ability cycles faster.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭

u2cukjbqvw8v.jpeg

One thing I've never been clear on, despite being a long-time player, is how/when best to trigger crew like Kang that rely on a cloaked ship. Do they need to be activated while the cloak is active, or is simply being on a cloaked ship enough, and best not to use while the cloak is actually active lest you deactivate it?
  • Options
    HagbardHagbard ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    My fleet went all Christmas morning and unlocked all the Bosses until they got stuck on Brutal. After several failed attempts, the more sensible fleet members got everyone playing on Hard for the last two days. Now they want to make a run at Brutal again.

To me Brutal is 5x harder, pays out 2x Magnecite, same Kemocite and 1 Bilitrium using the same ship and crew as Hard. I did an informal poll and we are mostly playing Captains Level 3 with a few 4's. I don't think you need Bilitrium until CB level 7.

Is there any pressing need to defreat Brutal? The only caveat is that you can play with 5* ships and crew on Nightmare. If we unlock it early, then our fleet will lose another week figuring out that they can't kill the Nightmare Boss.
  • Options
    Mirror McCoyMirror McCoy ✭✭✭✭
    Lt. Gambol wrote: »
    Our current meta is La Sirena with Mariner-Zimmerman-Undercover O'Brien-Skorr. That's usually netting 4m+ damage, with some scores exceeding 5m. We were using the Borg Sphere, but the Sirena's position ability cycles faster.

Manual or Auto?
  • Options
    Lt. GambolLt. Gambol ✭✭✭
    Our current meta is La Sirena with Mariner-Zimmerman-Undercover O'Brien-Skorr. That's usually netting 4m+ damage, with some scores exceeding 5m. We were using the Borg Sphere, but the Sirena's position ability cycles faster.

Manual or Auto?

I'm getting that on Auto. I'm too lazy to find an optimal manual build.
  • Options
    Thank you
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    My fleet is currently farming "Hard" several times daily, and we're coordinating an assault tomorrow to knock out Brutal and unlock Nightmare. For anyone that's already unlocked Nightmare, are you finding it to be easier to defeat than Brutal?

I'm also curious what ship / crew combos have proven the most successful for Hard / Brutal for you. Our current meta is La Sirena with Mariner-Zimmerman-Undercover O'Brien-Skorr. That's usually netting 4m+ damage, with some scores exceeding 5m. We were using the Borg Sphere, but the Sirena's position ability cycles faster.

I tried that combo and didn't score well at all. Am I using the wrong Zimmerman?
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

I tried that combo and didn't score well at all. Am I using the wrong Zimmerman?

On Auto, it should work roughly: Position>Zimmer>O'Brien>SirenaHammer>Mariner>Skorr. You're dropping 3 hammers whilst Zimmerman, Position and O'Brien are all running.

Its pretty solid but the problem with La Sirena it doesn't have the double repair like the Sphere. I found that it doesn't reliably hit 30s like the Sphere does. The other problem is that it has double Command seats. Zimmerman/UOB/Ardra seem like an obvious combo but you lose out on seating bonuses on one crew. The Sphere lets you have all the seating you want and most of the 350% hammers can sit in the Command chair. Sirena does have a faster cycle on Position but it won't overlap with Zimmer and O'Brien's second trigger. The Sphere also has a longer Position duration.

Here’s my best Sphere record (that didn't involve the boss missing), Paris/Zimmerman/Ardra/UOB. Auto until 24s. Turn off auto till Zimmer finish’s cooling down and then hit everything again.

yr2qng0ha2iv.png

• Options
    Ivanstone wrote: »

Here’s my best Sphere record (that didn't involve the boss missing), Paris/Zimmerman/Ardra/UOB. Auto until 24s. Turn off auto till Zimmer finish’s cooling down and then hit everything again.

yr2qng0ha2iv.png

Which Paris please?
    “Holodeck 2 tomorrow, 1600 hours. Just you, me and a tuning fork”
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Ivanstone wrote: »

yr2qng0ha2iv.png

Which Paris please?

Maquis Paris. I tried him out because his timer's are closer to Ardra's.

There are 5 crew with 350% instant damage with Position. Mariner, Skorr, Paris, Icheb and Dolim.
    Icheb doesn't get a seat in a La Sirena and hogs the Eng seat in the Sphere. Dolim has crappy timers.

The other three are CMD/SEC crew who can sit in a variety of seats. You can shift them around to suit what needs you have.

And in case you’re feeling the need to try out a La Sirena with Mariner, Skorr and Paris:
    5x8ylv8wdxp2.png

DON’T. Position triggered 3 times. All 4 hammers triggered twice with Ardra buffing them.
  • Options
    Can someone post a screen shot of the reward table on Nightmare?

• Options
    just go to nightmare and click on the reward tab
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    just go to nightmare and click on the reward tab

You can't see it when it's locked.
  • Options
    MicrohopperMicrohopper ✭✭✭✭
    So, I'm trying to help out some newer players who might not have Sphere or La Sirena maxed, and so am looking for "decent" alternate ships. Am I right that alternatives to max their personal damage dealt might be ISS Avenger, with its Boarding and 40% damage also taken by attacker, or Romulan D'deridex and/or USS Voyager with their 300% instant damage?
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    The ISS Avenger has four seats. That's its biggest advantage.

I have no idea if Boarding is any good. BajDukat, Hansens, AgentsD&L, KlNeelix, Duchamps, Starling, Tendi, Malik, ProBurnham and Remmick all are 30% increased Boarding Damage and they're timers all favourably compare with the Avengers Boarding Timer at 8s and 30s.

If you were to load up the Avenger with an appropriate +9 attacker and 3 boarding crew and do 3 million damage, I would say its a decent choice.

La Sirena and Sphere are the best two ships because they're 4 seat, have Position and have self-repair. Because of the variety of good Position crew available another Position ship could work but the Defiant is the only other one. Its Position trigger isn't as favourable.

Cloaking is poop. It won't work against the boss and the 4* cloak crew aren't that good. The best hammer is 300% and you need to have other buff crew already running to make use of it. Their timer's also stink. The best cloak crit bonus is Ritterhouse due to his favourable timer. He's not in the portal and there are better crit bonus crew with no triggers at all.
  • Options
    Can someone put up the reward table for nightmare. Please spare the sarcasm. I'd like to kmow for strategic reasons.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    So about that ISS Avenger…
    p9gdiwhny2gn.png
    g1wobbrf35pz.png

This is the worst attempt I’ve ever taken against a hard mode boss.

I lined up skills so they could be used on auto. Naturally Reed didn’t trigger on Auto so I lost a couple seconds of uptime on him.

The reflect damage buff was active while Ardra was active and the boss attacked during this time. I can’t tell if the damage was effective but even a hit of my ships total hull and shields would’ve been around 200k damage.

The biggest problem was the fight lasted only about 25s with my L5 Captains Bridge. The Sphere and La Sirena by comparison last 35-40s.
  • Options
    I use the Avenger on Hard/Brutal regularly, because I don't have my Sphere or Sirena maxed. I also don't have Ardra or UCOB.

My build is Mirror McCoy (+9 ATK), Tarquin (+15000 Crit Bonus), Nemesis Data (450% Instant Damage) and Lt JG Picard (400% instant damage when he's fully charged). A little over 1 million like what Ivanstone got is pretty typical, but that's at least enough to get thresholds if you have enough valor. I have gotten over 2 million a couple times, but it just doesn't seem like it's possible to get much higher than that without a high-level Sphere or Sirena.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    What's good damage to be doing on Nightmare?
    Any good ships/lineups to use?
    (I don' t have the Klingon Bros. for what it's worth)
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use the Avenger on Hard/Brutal regularly, because I don't have my Sphere or Sirena maxed. I also don't have Ardra or UCOB.

My build is Mirror McCoy (+9 ATK), Tarquin (+15000 Crit Bonus), Nemesis Data (450% Instant Damage) and Lt JG Picard (400% instant damage when he's fully charged). A little over 1 million like what Ivanstone got is pretty typical, but that's at least enough to get thresholds if you have enough valor. I have gotten over 2 million a couple times, but it just doesn't seem like it's possible to get much higher than that without a high-level Sphere or Sirena.

A fleetmate has an 8/9 Sphere and he does better than that. He uses Ardra but he doesn’t have Nemesis Data.

How long do you typically live for? Living past 30s is a big advantage. If you have another 9/9 with some self repair, you might get a better result.
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI, as soon as you are able, you need to start farming Nightmare instead of Brutal. By Level 9 you need 4* Bilitrium which you only get 2 of from Nightmare. So you need to start building a stockpile of them or else you will only unlock 2 at a time instead of 3
  • Options
    JimBerlinJimBerlin ✭✭✭
    What's good damage to be doing on Nightmare?
    Any good ships/lineups to use?
    (I don' t have the Klingon Bros. for what it's worth)

Looks like the Krayton, Roddenberry, and Shenzou can do about 5 million on average. The artifact and blimp do considerably more because they last for three rounds of activation with the instant damage crew. Averages there are somewhere north of 7 million.