Home Ready Room
Options

Fleet Boss Battles - Strategies and advices thread

Comments

• Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    I have a retrieval coming up. I looked at different possibilities. It seems that Maco Mayweather is in high demand. The Maco polestar is absurdly priced. I got one a couple months ago for a tenth the price. And Marksman is also very high. I have Jim already, but it there an advantage to having more than one?

Marksman, Brutal, Starfleet and Diplomacy works I think. Probably better than Trying to get a MACO one given still need the Diplomacy one too?
  • Options
    Arnie wrote: »
    I have a retrieval coming up. I looked at different possibilities. It seems that Maco Mayweather is in high demand. The Maco polestar is absurdly priced. I got one a couple months ago for a tenth the price. And Marksman is also very high. I have Jim already, but it there an advantage to having more than one?

Marksman, Brutal, Starfleet and Diplomacy works I think. Probably better than Trying to get a MACO one given still need the Diplomacy one too?

According to the crew retrieval tool in datacore with the polestars I have I can retrieve MACO using 6 different combinations, I don’t have a MACO polestar - all of the combos need Diplomacy, the one with the fewest required polestars for me is Diplomacy/Marksman//Terran Empire. There may be other combos with polestars I don’t have.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could the people posting screenshots of their Crew setup possibly also list the crew under. Some of us cannot always tell which version of a crew the picture is of from a headshot.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is a picture of my sheet showing hull damage crew. It demonstrates that the four most ideal crew are Kung Fu Crusher, Laborer Kirk, Dereth, and Reunion Kirk and Spock. This is because each has a 20 second regeneration or cycle of their repair. Dereth is particularly good because he is an attack crew and deals more damage if you use the three hull repair and one hammer technique. Two others are often cited as very good because they are also attack crew. These are: First Officer Chekov who has a faster cycle time but less hull repair, and Little John Riker who takes longer to cycle but gives more of a hit. I don't have Chekov and found Riker kept letting me die early.
    djk4e7dxyxvo.jpg
    I can add my list of hammer crew later. A fleetmate who uses the same three-hull-repair-crew-and-a-hammer technique as I do uses Mariner as the hammer instead of Maco Mayweather. This results in a reported 9.5 to 10 million per round, which is 2 to 2.5 less than Mayweather, but still very good. Another fleetmate uses a completely different strategy which gives 15 to 16 million, but requires manual control. I haven't tried that yest, so I can't speak to it.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Here is how to make 5M+, 7.7M max and average of 6.9M in my case to Brutal Boss:

https://youtu.be/xo5yVBLEu1o

Play it manual and pay attention to this few rules:
    1) On the earlier stages of the fight, when you have every crewmen ready to be activated, just use 1 of the 2* crew when you have enough damage for it to repair and leave the rest for later use
    2) Use the Ship's Shield skill just after the boss shoots, because the shield grows when there is some of it available but does not grow whenre there is no shield at all
    3) After you pass the second 142 of the fight, every time a Hull Repair crew is ready use it, there will be enough to repair.

Crew: Lewis Zimmerman (4*), Commander Tucker (2*), Ensign Rutherford (2*) and Nepenthe Riker (3*)
  • Options
    What bridge level do you have? I have seen a bunch of hull repair only crew do big damage, but I think his only kicks in once your bridge bonuses get enough damage boosts on their own. If you're grinding Brutal at under level 7, you might survive the entire timer but not do that much damage.
  • Options
    What bridge level do you have? I have seen a bunch of hull repair only crew do big damage, but I think his only kicks in once your bridge bonuses get enough damage boosts on their own. If you're grinding Brutal at under level 7, you might survive the entire timer but not do that much damage.

Personally, I don't use the Hull repair strategy for Brutal. Use it for Nightmare. The theory behind it is this: one really good attack crew can do major damage and more do even more damage, but if you just try to hammer it, it will blow you up long before your attack crew can him very much; therefore, one really good crew like Maco Mayweather can repeatedly hit with a massive punch as long as you ship survives, which hull repair crew can help make happen. My hull repair crew don't do a great deal of damage, but they allow Mayweather to repeatedly punish the boss. It helps to have a fully built ship. I use the Captain Proton ship and have good success. Others use the Artifact for even greater success. My Artifact isn't at a high enough level to be successful. I'm sure captain level plays a role, but I very been doing this since level 7.
  • Options
    I am currently level 9, close to getting a third Scotty. But I've been doing this setup since the end of level 7. It works most of the time on full auto. I do occasionally die halfway, but it is rare, maybe 10%.

I tried Little John in Crusher's place yesterday, but died halfway twice in a row. I scored higher than half my usual, which makes me believe a second Dereth would score higher. I'll test than when retrieval comes around again for me in almost two weeks. I looked into First Officer Chekov, but while his regeneration time is good, his hull repair is lower. I suspect I am better off with the 20 second cycle time crew. I have yet to try 2* Rutherford in Crusher's place. His cycle time is amazing at 11 seconds, but he only gives 10%.

ok, i will try your setting and report

Made 11 mil. with same setting with level 8. Thanks for your setting :-)
  • Options
    I have a crew retrieval coming up. Should I go for TACO Mayweather or Dereth? I know I cannot use them yet as my fleet is only working on Hard (and about to do Brutal), but would like to be ready for Nightmare. I do have a 1/5 FO Chekov, 3/5 Laborer Kirk, and 5/5 Reunion Kirk/Spock for Hull repair.
  • Options
    I have a crew retrieval coming up. Should I go for TACO Mayweather or Dereth? I know I cannot use them yet as my fleet is only working on Hard (and about to do Brutal), but would like to be ready for Nightmare. I do have a 1/5 FO Chekov, 3/5 Laborer Kirk, and 5/5 Reunion Kirk/Spock for Hull repair.

I'd say Dereth is more valuable, particularly at the start. You'd work TACO in there gradually.

Until you have a higher Captain's Bridge level, you'll do more damage with all Hull-repair. Hammers come in later.
    CABTools.app
    Ov (Overall) | Vo (Voyage) | Fa (Faction) | Ga (Gauntlet)
    Sb (Ship Battle) | Bt (Boss Battle Traits) | Co (Collection) | (Cd (Cadet)
  • Options
    Also, Mariner works as a slightly lower version of Mayweather.
  • Options
    My best mark on Nightmare with combochain buffs activated, you can see the ISS Enterprise on the back of the image, the tactic: 3x Hull Repair + 1x Hammer (Tactical MACO Mayweather)
    hj0uu8xfgmmm.jpeg
  • Options
    Manual or automatic?
  • Options
    edited September 2022

I would get first Taco Mayweather first, if you already have three Hull Repair Crew. Just mt opinion.

===========================

Tried General Oh on a whim, even though her Initiation is a little longer. Best score so far in Nightmare with the Dorka, 6.9 million and the Screenshot did not save, apparently.

geqi8h5qz8fv.jpg

Genral Oh
    Killy
    Garth
    Commandant

• Options
    Manual or automatic?
    Manual or automatic?

Not liking the odds it is Auto.

vdcbbos7k4jw.jpg
    ixlud0f1cgns.jpg

• Options
    Yes, I tried it on auto twice and got just over half my usual score on auto with the Blimp. The damage reflectors just didn't fire right, but even if they had, I couldn't keep the ship alive long enough with the Hull repair crew.
  • Options
    Does the damage reflector really work ?
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    Denniss wrote: »
    Does the damage reflector really work ?

I wonder the same thing.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Sorry @Peets and @Denniss, Damage reflexion is not the best approach, a boss does 300k (to put a number) damage every 10 seconds, 17/18 attacks if you survive the whole time and you simply reflect a portion of the damage, if you see the any of videos there are on this threads, it its by far much higher the damage done by a good attack crewman.
    My 5 cents
  • Options
    I have just done, 13M of damage to the Hard Boss, simply removed one of my hull repair crew and replaced it with Vindicta Mariner, I'd almost survived the full battle if it was not by a small mistake at 50 seconds remaining, even though I survived upto there were less than 20 seconds left.
    c37alhvln980.png
    3osve1vhtncf.png

Something to mention, I am at Bridge Level 9
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Sorry @Peets and @Denniss, Damage reflexion is not the best approach, a boss does 300k (to put a number) damage every 10 seconds, 17/18 attacks if you survive the whole time and you simply reflect a portion of the damage, if you see the any of videos there are on this threads, it its by far much higher the damage done by a good attack crewman.
    My 5 cents

So it's better to use 15 dil when you have it :)
    Thanks for the advise!
  • Options
    Peets wrote: »
    My 5 cents

So it's better to use 15 dil when you have it :)
    Thanks for the advise!

With or without Dilithium, a good attack crewman does much more damage than the Reflection.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Two Set Ups I have been using on The Artifact, Level 8.

This one died with eight seconds left on Timer, but did the best Damage I have had in a while:

2uha1hbag72c.jpg
    n566utld47ng.jpg

Reunion Spork
    Mok"Bara Crusher
    Taco
    Dereth

Crusher and Dereth not in matching Seats.

This one just survived, did 8 million plus Damage:

c4smtguhwwe8.jpg

Reunion Spork
    Laborer Kirk
    Taco
    Dereth

Dereth only one cannot match a Seat.

Battle previous did 10 Million plus Damage. Died at about THREE seconds left. This one survived and was close to ten million, both with Laborer Kirk Set Up:

klkx9g8s4z6p.jpg

Just now, so the last three pretty consistent. Also, first time breaking 60 Million Damage for max Rewards on Nightmare!

iijk6jfo602l.jpg

NOTE: These are on Auto. I am not good AT ALL doing the manual thing and getting it right.
  • Options
    >Dereth only one cannot match a Seat.

Dereth matches the first Artifact seat
  • Options
    I don't know if anybody's focusing on Normal, but I was playing around with it just to use up extra valor before bed, and I got to timeout with a Constitution Class, using Lefler and Nepenthe Riker for hull repair (Vorik would be better, but he has an attack debuff). I didn't do any particular regular interval, I just had them repair whenever the cooldown finished, but I did wait to use the ship's shield repair until right after the boss fired so that it would have as much time to recharge as possible. Granted, my bridge is at level 13 so that probably helped quite a lot (and also the boss missed once). Someone at a bridge level where you actually need to do Normal maybe won't get to timeout with that build, but it could at least help you survive a little longer.

I used EV Tuvok for damage. I did about 1.3 million (it's been so long since my fleet did Normal that I have no idea whether that's good or not).
  • Options
    So, Dereth vs Laborer Kirk; I have a Crew Retrieval coming up (and enough citations to immortalize after), but is Dereth normally ranked higher because of providing an attack bonus compared to Kirk's accuracy bonus?
    Depending on the ship used the MED seat might also be a big deal (though I'm still not sure ISS Enterprise is the best option for me), but I've got other probably serviceable HR crew (Reunion Kirk and Spock, Palmer, FO Chekov) in the meantime before the next retrieval.
  • Options
    If you are looking for a fleet to join,please consider joiningmy fleet. Just looking for daily players to help with boss battles. Shieldbreakers is the name of my fleet. There will be no pressure and no drama, just fun.
  • Options
    So, Dereth vs Laborer Kirk; I have a Crew Retrieval coming up (and enough citations to immortalize after), but is Dereth normally ranked higher because of providing an attack bonus compared to Kirk's accuracy bonus?
    Depending on the ship used the MED seat might also be a big deal (though I'm still not sure ISS Enterprise is the best option for me), but I've got other probably serviceable HR crew (Reunion Kirk and Spock, Palmer, FO Chekov) in the meantime before the next retrieval.

My laborer Kirk is only 1 star, so I use 5/5 Reunion Kirk and Spock for accuracy and a 5/5 Dereth and a 2/5 Dereth to keep my attack high. When I only had one Dereth, I averaged a million more by taking him from 3 stars to 5, so the attack bonus helped more than accuracy. I also improved my score when I replaced Kung-fu Crusher with a second Dereth. Now I have him ready for another star in a week.
  • Options
    Accuracy doesn't matter in FBBs. You will always hit. So the attack boost is far more valuable there.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Bridge level is 9. My Demo Scotty is 4/5 and I will be getting the final copy tomorrow.

Is it worth citing up my 4/5 Scotty, and starting a second copy, then I have two +damage high crits.

When running in auto, with hull repair crew. The hull repair crew fire left to right. So if using Dereth, it may be worth putting him in the left most seat, so he fires more often.

I'm also thinking, if you have two damage crew, e.g. Scottys, then start the fight manually, fire the first as soon as available, then hit auto as he turns off, and so one of the two is usually on.