Home Ready Room
Options

Fleet Boss Battles - Strategies and advices thread

123457»

Comments

• Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    Just wondering has anyone tested Mok'bara Worf with his fast cycle time, +10 attack

I haven't tested him specifically but his uptime (33%) is pretty bad. I've used Tribble Quark who has the same cycle but has 50% uptime. He's decent but there are lots of crew with +10 attack.

Reno has the same uptime as Worf but at least comes with +10000 crit. Her cycle is twice as long but that doesn't matter generally.

Cycle time matters the most when comparing crew of the same cycle. For example, VBV Hemmer has a +10 ATT, a 14s cycle and 50% uptime. This is good. What's better is the Vindicta Mariner also has a 14s cycle with a 400% hammer. You can insure Vindicta is always dropping that hammer with a +10 Attack. Changes in CDR might complicate this strategy since they have different Durations and Cooldowns (7/7 vs 6/8).

Makes sense i'm also trying to better sync my hull repair crew timings but there isn't much wiggle room there between the cycle timings that I have.

It’s better to have repair crew with ATK then not but most don’t add significantly. Back when we started nightmare and I was using the Keldon, switching to Dereth added about 1 million damage or roughly 5%. HDR strat was use healing every 20s. Use your damage crew as much as possible without regard to whatever your healers were doing.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    For me I tried an Immortalized Resistance Burnham and the damage was less than Pathfinder Uhura. Also I counted my crits in a battle I got 5 crits in a battle that lasted the whole length.

I think until , I have a level 10 artifact it is not worth having a fully leveled Demo Scotty. However, I think I lasted half the length of battle with both Demo Scotty and Captain Scott and did 14mil damage only one mil less than 3, reoair and pathfinder.

Which, means immortalized Demo Scotty and Captain Scott might do more damage in half the time. Which means maybe Pathfinder and Demo might do a good amount too. I will give the Pathfinder and Demo a try on my 3rd account since I have the cites to spare for Demo Scotty

Edit: I will also try vindictive, maybe Scotty might make her better.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Resistance doesn't have any special features about her. There are other +10 ATK crew with better uptimes.

Demo Scotty works with every ship. The Artifact isn't an especially strong ship. It has middling DPS and Boarding is an underwhelming damage bonus. Its main feature is its crazy short CDR and high health. That means it requires less healing crew than most other ships. Now that the bridge bug is fixed, I can start a vanilla UNM and require only two healers.

You don't really need to combine Demo and Captain Scott. Crit Rating is a little undertuned. You would also be better off using a crew with a similar cycle to Demo. Keyla Detmer for example adds +1500 CR and overlaps with Demo. Pathfinder will perform decently with Demo if you have an Artifact. She's good if you don't have TACO, AGIMUS or Pirate Q.

Vindicta is a monster but she is strictly a second banana. Yes, she does **tsk tsk** loads with Demo.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Okay my test with my bridge upgrade (level 10, with 1 level 11 upgrade) a level 9 Artifact. I do not have MACO.

Best damage on the average Pathfinder , Dereth ( only have one ) , Crusher, Pathfinder Uhura( No MACO) and Laborer Kirk. Second is Demo Scotty instead of Pathfinder Uhura, last Vindictive Mariner instead of Pathfinder. Vindictive is 1 million less damage.

Chief Engineer Rutherford ( No guarantee that I make it completely through battle) replacing Crusher gets me higher damage with Scotty on the average. But, I can die half way through battle. Scotty when battle completed does about 1.5 mil more, but did 9.5 mil damage less because not making it though battle one time. (Only ran 5 battles with this combo)

So, either the level 9 artifact, or my bridge level, but most likely the node boosts are not giving me Demo Scotty better results.

I will try again changing things when I have a level 10 Artifact. Though if I get something that boosts crits, I will run Scotty.

Edit: BTW if I had MACO , I do not think Scotty would win out. Guessing need to be able to run only two repair crew and survive for Demo Scotty to be better. But MACO might be the second crew.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Generally you shouldn’t screw around with repair at your bridge level. I can use Rutherford because my Bridge is 22 and I have a 10 Artifact.

He’s good to have in your back pocket when the chain is beneficial. My current UNM started with a 4s CDR. It’s going to be fun.

Edit: Chain now has 6s of reduction. Still can't time out with a single heal.
  • Options
    Is anyone else tired of the increasing number of people who are ALREADY in a fleet or fleets but their names constantly clog up the SUGGESTED PLAYERS list? I wish there was some way they could opt out, because they are just in the way and inhibiting others chances to find or be found.....
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    Generally you shouldn’t screw around with repair at your bridge level. I can use Rutherford because my Bridge is 22 and I have a 10 Artifact.

He’s good to have in your back pocket when the chain is beneficial. My current UNM started with a 4s CDR. It’s going to be fun.

Edit: Chain now has 6s of reduction. Still can't time out with a single heal.

Yes I agree , it is probably dependent on boosters. But it is working on my current one. Cooldown -1 booster ,and a couple of attack boosts but I am doing less damage even though booster is better and and 1 upgrade on doing boss damage. Also a reflection booster.

Also using Dereth, and Laborer Kirk. Also this battle seems that Pathfinder might of missed only one time , thought not sure 400% immediate damage. Might not miss at all.

Wouldn't you know it the one time on my 3rd account I tried Scotty, with Rutherford , and the other two repair , I got destroyed about half way. I will try it again , just to get an idea how he compares with Pathfinder with current boosts.

Edit: I have to say it is now harder for me to survive with any others than my 3 best repair, Dereth, Crusher, and Laborer Kirk.

I did the calculation , for me to defeat the NM boss , if I can do an average of 20 million damage, my 3 account fleet will need 74 valor more across my 3 accounts. That means I will need 8 of the mini event that gives valor. That would be without spending dil. and doing the destruction during a 9th mini event.

If I had not claimed my rewards (by accident) from my last mini event where I destroyed the brutal . I could have cut that down two mini events.

Edit2:
    Ok: I bought the 40 valor on two accounts, instead of three. Used the only mini event rewards I had left total of 6 when I destroyed the Boss during last event. And , my 3rd account needed either 1 or 2 drops of the Artifact x150 schematics . Not, sure if 2 dropped thought it was only 1 drop after buying the last $10.00 x10 premium packs.. So I was able to get the Artifact to level 10 on one account that had the mini event rewards. I destroyed the NM boss.
  • Options
    3,900,000. Consistently between 2.8m and 4.5m.

I.S.S. Enterprise (Level 10)

Professor Data
    Grebnedlog
    Warship Yar
    Mok'bara Crusher

yq93x5497sur.png

g43nbm72mrzw.png

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    I was thinking about the boosts we have. The attack boost improves the ship, not the crew. Therefore, a ship that has a higher attack to start or that cycles attacks more quickly takes better advantage of the boost. The Artifact is great, particularly considering the Hull damage it can sustain. But what other ships could work well?

I have tried a few experiments. My general setup is the Artifact with Chances Taken Kirk, Vindicta (it used to be Mayweather, but she cycles faster and averages just a tiny bit better), Dereth, and Laborer Kirk. When we have just opened a new Nightmare mode, I generally score very near to 30 million with that setup. More when more chains are finished and boosts are active.

I just tried using the Borg Cube with the thought that the quicker attack cycle might give an advantage. (I tried it with the Frengi ship which was a failure.) I used Kirk, Vindicta, and two Dereths. I scored 33 million. Granted I am high enough that I can survive now with that.

Some of you guys are way smarter than me. What other ships have a quick attack cycle that might work? At least for the Nightmare mode, the Cube seems to work better.

Edit. I ran another test with the cube and got 33 million again. I'll test it on Ultra-Nightmare later, but I expect it won't make it on Ultra-Nightmare. But it seems to score higher on Nightmare.
  • Options
    Master YogurtMaster Yogurt ✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Personal best so far.
    lteckcvtp0vb.jpg

Crew
    ant0mb5qz2rf.jpg

Contributing factors.
    vux02zpvj9lt.jpg
    douxot6ibhcx.jpg
    (Remaining buffs were another +14726 Crit Boost and trivial +355 Crit Chance and -7% boss damage)

Crit Boost, Attack Speed, and Attack Power (pretty much in that order) will produce the best results in my experience.
    Watchmen <> Fleet Admiral <> Datacore Profile Link
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to try that. Who are you using for attack speed? Any crew in particular that is excellent?