Home Ready Room
Options

Fleet Boss Battles - Strategies and advices thread

Comments

• Options
    SonjaSonja ✭✭✭
    Edwyn wrote: »
    For regular nightmare, would laborer kirk/tacoweather/karate crusher/dexa work with either krayton or iks tong? I could also pull dereth from crew retrieval if dexa isn't up to snuff. My artifact is 5/10 so trying to find a viable squad until that's fully leveled.

Do you have Proton ship? Try with IKS Tonk if you have it maxxed.
  • Options
    EdwynEdwyn ✭✭✭
    Sonja wrote: »

Do you have Proton ship? Try with IKS Tonk if you have it maxxed.

Proton is 9/10, I can test with that and tong to see which holds up better.
  • Options
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    JimBerlin wrote: »
    @Ivanstone At my bridge level, 3x hull repair is not viable for the Krayton or the blimp on my main. Krayton at 4x hull repair was no better than a standard arena setup.

What would you suggest is the stronger influence on survival? Total Hull health or the Artifact's heavy cooldown reducer?

My Artifact is only 7/10. That's 690K health and 130k Shields. Which is more Hull than some 5* ships get.

Total hull health. The cooldown lets you get away with less hull repair. You need about 800k hull or so (will lower with more damage reduction). Case in point...the Cardassian Keldon ship outgunning some people's Krayton setups when run with 4 hull repair crew.
    Screenshot_20220731-081753_Star_Trek.jpg
    Screenshot_20220731-081803_Star_Trek.jpg

• Options
    JimBerlinJimBerlin ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    For regular nightmare, would laborer kirk/tacoweather/karate crusher/dexa work with either krayton or iks tong? I could also pull dereth from crew retrieval if dexa isn't up to snuff. My artifact is 5/10 so trying to find a viable squad until that's fully leveled.

Averaging over 8M on auto with the IKS T'Ong using hull repair strategy. Little John Riker, Dereth, Laborer Kirk, and TACO.

EDIT: if you are trying the proton ship (blimp), I was getting around 9-10M with it. Depending on your crew, bridge level, etc. YMMV.
  • Options
    EdwynEdwyn ✭✭✭
    JimBerlin wrote: »

Averaging over 8M on auto with the IKS T'Ong using hull repair strategy. Little John Riker, Dereth, Laborer Kirk, and TACO.

EDIT: if you are trying the proton ship (blimp), I was getting around 9-10M with it. Depending on your crew, bridge level, etc. YMMV.

Thanks, would you say I could replace riker with karate crusher? I can use crew retrieval on dereth in 2 days but don't have riker to go with him
  • Options
    That depends on your bridge level. Some people aren't needing the fastest repair crew to get the job done. You'll have to test to know what you need to use. With the same stats, an atk boosting crew is better than one boosting evasion or accuracy with this boss.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    I replaced Little John Riker (CMD seat) by First Officer Checkoff on my Nightmare tank build, and I immediately increased my total damage by over 5 million (and that every single run)! From 14-16 million I went to 19-21 million damage consistently. Here's my highest damage screenshot and the average of 3 battles.

83udx4w4ra6d.png
    sqyywkqq8asj.png

EDIT: Here is a video how to time the heals and attacks for consistent 20M range runs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzW0yoRWd2Q
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Mirror McCoyMirror McCoy ✭✭✭✭
    What bridge level are you?
  • Options
    I've got Little John and Laborer Kirk, but my Artifact is only level 4 (same for my T'Ong). Are there any other ships that get a really big benefit from using hull repair crew?
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mirror McCoy My bridge level is 10.6 (meaning Level 10 with maxed "Damage Reduction", "Attack" and "Hull" at 75 purrcent filled). Next NM kill will max "Hull" and get "Shields" to 50 purrcent.

@Rookiebatman The D'Kora Krayton is a solid ship and has been in the game forever. She has a cooldown reduction ability as well which helps lowering the recharge timers for the damage officers such as Killy or Fury Kes or Rura Commander or Garth of Isar or Tribbled Korath (or Kolax, whatever you like more). The Krayton is maybe not the ideal ship for tanking purrposes, meowever I have seen people doing over 10 million damage with hull-healing officer strategy as well.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    RookiebatmanRookiebatman ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Jhamel wrote: »
    @Rookiebatman The D'Kora Krayton is a solid ship and has been in the game forever. She has a cooldown reduction ability as well which helps lowering the recharge timers for the damage officers such as Killy or Fury Kes or Rura Commander or Garth of Isar or Tribbled Korath (or Kolax, whatever you like more). The Krayton is maybe not the ideal ship for tanking purrposes, meowever I have seen people doing over 10 million damage with hull-healing officer strategy as well.

I've got Garth and Tribbled. So would you say putting Laborer Kirk, Little John, Garth, and Tribbled (not necessarily in that order) on the Krayton would be a good build, without any +Crit crew?
  • Options
    SonjaSonja ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022

I've got Garth and Tribbled. So would you say putting Laborer Kirk, Little John, Garth, and Tribbled (not necessarily in that order) on the Krayton would be a good build, without any +Crit crew?

Regarding Krayton & Nightmare, I am testing different setups with critical crew (Jett Reno, Ardra, Lt Commander MacDougal) and setup with Killy, Rura Commander, Tribbled Koloth & Korax. I can not say that I got better results with "critical" crew. It was better for me with Killy & others.
    Try to test yourself. My bridge level is 7 partially upgraded. I think bridge level matters.

• Options
    SonjaSonja ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    e.g. Setup Nightmare & Krayton ~ 7.5M/valor or more

ujy42j911qfk.png
  • Options
    RookiebatmanRookiebatman ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    I've tried it once, and the problem is that Garth and Tribbles only have two uses per battle, so recovering the hull (which helps me survive an extra shot) doesn't allow them to activate again, because they're already tapped out. Maybe I'll wait until the new Mariner next week. I don't have TACO or whoever else people use for instant damage with no limits.

EDIT: Tried it twice more with a crit crew so the boomsticks can get the most out of their two attacks, didn't even do 3 million. I've gotten consistently better results with a Shenzou. (I have a level 10 Krayton and a level 8 bridge.)
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    On ships like Krayton or Tongue, I would set up a "boom only" crew with maybe one critical damage improver (such as Demo Man Scotty). You wanna get that damage out while you're still alive. The tank crew works post bridge Level 10 also on those ships to a certain extent, but the best tank will always be the Artifact - that is if you dun have a maxed Bortas, lol. :)
  • Options
    What I wouldn't give for a maxed Bortus
    0jybw60v85x6.png
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Is that one of those JJ-Trek or Kurzmann-Trek Klinguns or is that a species from the Oreville (which I've never seen)?
  • Options
    Orville
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ultra-Nightmare can be survived at Bridge Level 10 completed with this build I just tested out (based on a build I found on Discord originally, but our very own Jurist has improved it):

vfoz0ur4udrc.png
    m9hf31rd2kkg.png
    hnziwjhjtj9a.png

Funny how the final damage was even higher in the ranks than in the result screen.

• Options
    Added to the FBB Board.
    Ultra-Nightmare can be survived at Bridge Level 10 completed with this build I just tested out (based on a build I found on Discord originally, but our very own Jurist has improved it):

Funny how the final damage was even higher in the ranks than in the result screen.

Nice to see it become viable at that bridge level, as it was not at bridge level 7. Each of these HDR builds follows the pattern of 3x25% HR or more initially, then down to 2x25% HR and 1x15% (FO Chekov), then down to two HR @ 25% and damage dealers in the other spots. I added that to the FBB Board and credited Jurist. Feel free to join on that discord to post these and I'll update them to the board and link any videos people make.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reading through these comments for Nightmare, I see several strategies listed.

3 hammers and 1 crit
    2 hammers and 2 crits

1 hammer and 3 hull repair
    1 crit and 3 hull repair

1 hammer, 1 crit, 2 hull repair

It seems to me that the 2 or 3 hammer options with 1 or 2 crit crew give similar results. It also seems that the 3 hull repair and 1 hammer or 1 crit gives similar results.

I have an abundance of hull repair crew of all types and also an amazing selection of hammer crew. In all the suggestions listed for Hull repair crew, Mirror Beverly seems left out. She has a high initial time, but the total cycle time is only 2 seconds more and she has 30% repair. I have the standard Ardra, Undercover O'Brien, and Demo Man Scotty, too. I also have a bunch of ships.

But my Artifact is only level 6 (Level 7 on the first day of September). I have pretty much all the other ships mentioned very high or maxxed.

So the 3 Hull repair works great for the Artifact, but apparently not so well for all others.

Please tell me which strategies work best for which ships. Is there a ship besides the Artifact that works well for the Hull repair strategy? Which strategy and ship combo work best for high scores?

• Options
    (A) Traveling Man(A) Traveling Man ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reading through these comments for Nightmare, I see several strategies listed.

3 hammers and 1 crit
    2 hammers and 2 crits

1 hammer and 3 hull repair
    1 crit and 3 hull repair

1 hammer, 1 crit, 2 hull repair

It seems to me that the 2 or 3 hammer options with 1 or 2 crit crew give similar results. It also seems that the 3 hull repair and 1 hammer or 1 crit gives similar results.

I have an abundance of hull repair crew of all types and also an amazing selection of hammer crew. In all the suggestions listed for Hull repair crew, Mirror Beverly seems left out. She has a high initial time, but the total cycle time is only 2 seconds more and she has 30% repair. I have the standard Ardra, Undercover O'Brien, and Demo Man Scotty, too. I also have a bunch of ships.

But my Artifact is only level 6 (Level 7 on the first day of September). I have pretty much all the other ships mentioned very high or maxxed.

So the 3 Hull repair works great for the Artifact, but apparently not so well for all others.

Please tell me which strategies work best for which ships. Is there a ship besides the Artifact that works well for the Hull repair strategy? Which strategy and ship combo work best for high scores?

The problem with Mirror Bev is that she can only be used once. The Hull Repair strategy involves perpetually keeping the ship alive as long as possible. You need crew without use limits.

The T'Ong and ISS Enterprise have good success with those build types as well. My Hull Repair builds regularly do 10 million more damage than my hammer builds on Nightmare.
    CABTools.app
    Ov (Overall) | Vo (Voyage) | Fa (Faction) | Ga (Gauntlet)
    Sb (Ship Battle) | Bt (Boss Battle Traits) | Co (Collection) | (Cd (Cadet)
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    I've reached "damage taken from boss" maxed in Bridge Level 12, and I'm testing the setup with only 2 hull repurr officers (25% each, no limits) and 1 boomer and 1 critter (Taco and Scotty). Then I'll test the same with 2 boomers (Taco and Vindi most likely). The result with Dereth, Laborer Kirk, Taco and Demo Scotty is promising. It takes less time (I'll die, but close to the end) to fight and I do more damage (about a million more in average).

EDIT: Here are the results for Nightmare. Both battles lasted almost until the very end. I got killed by the last salvo of the boss about 6 to 8 seconds before the end of the battle.

REDIT: With the 2nd setup, I managed to survive for the first time and did even more damage!

Setup 1 (25.11M) is Artifact Level 10 with Dereth-Labkirk-Vindi-Taco (2 Tacos perform better)
    Setup 2 (27.21M / 28.06M) is Artifact Level 10 with Dereth-Labkirk-Taco-Scotty

zrh5fqc16qvs.png
    7hgrszpu6nwb.png
    8pyfu4x9hbl2.png
  • Options
    I have a retrieval coming up. I looked at different possibilities. It seems that Maco Mayweather is in high demand. The Maco polestar is absurdly priced. I got one a couple months ago for a tenth the price. And Marksman is also very high. I have Jim already, but it there an advantage to having more than one?
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Maco is a must-have. I just did 28.6M and 28.8M today with him and Scotty as offensive power and two hull healers (usually Dereth for SCI and Laborer Kirk for ENG). If you're not Bridge 12 yet, a third hull healer like XO Checkoff or Mok'bara Crusher is needed to survive to the end.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    I have been using the Blimp with Maco Mayweather, Kung Fu Crusher, Reunion Kirk and Spock, and Dereth. I was getting an average of 10.5 million each time, even on full auto (with maybe 1 in 10 times where timing goes bad and it ends early for about half the points). I improved my score by immortalizing Dereth. It took 4 cites, but it boosted my average by more than 1 million. This improvement is because Dereth give a higher attack. Some people use Little John Riker. I don't because his cycle time is 24 seconds compared to the 20 seconds of each of the ones I chose. Perhaps I'll try him at some point. Kirk and Spock were already immortalized so I use them and I like the accuracy boost. I don't have First Officer Chekov, but his cycle time isn't any better. Laborer Kirk is also a 20 second cycle hull repair crew, but he would fit the same place I put Reunion Kirk and Spock and I have that one immortalized.

2* Rutherford is also great if you don't have the 20 second 25% hull repair crew. Rutherford cycles very quickly and is better than any 20% repair crew I've seen and probably better than many 25% crew.

If someone can convince me that Riker or Chekov is better, please try. I'd like to know if I can do better.

Also, please let me know if there is a better ship for this besides the Artifact. My Artifact isn't high enough to be worth using. Only level 6 and I just can't get the same score from it.

Edit for pictures:
    yiqbp3b7azj6.jpg
    jow39z80uizc.jpg
  • Options
    Loretta {PoF}Loretta {PoF} ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    I have been using the Blimp with Maco Mayweather, Kung Fu Crusher, Reunion Kirk and Spock, and Dereth. I was getting an average of 10.5 million each time, even on full auto (with maybe 1 in 10 times where timing goes bad and it ends early for about half the points). I improved my score by immortalizing Dereth. It took 4 cites, but it boosted my average by more than 1 million. This improvement is because Dereth give a higher attack. Some people use Little John Riker. I don't because his cycle time is 24 seconds compared to the 20 seconds of each of the ones I chose. Perhaps I'll try him at some point. Kirk and Spock were already immortalized so I use them and I like the accuracy boost. I don't have First Officer Chekov, but his cycle time isn't any better. Laborer Kirk is also a 20 second cycle hull repair crew, but he would fit the same place I put Reunion Kirk and Spock and I have that one immortalized.

2* Rutherford is also great if you don't have the 20 second 25% hull repair crew. Rutherford cycles very quickly and is better than any 20% repair crew I've seen and probably better than many 25% crew.

If someone can convince me that Riker or Chekov is better, please try. I'd like to know if I can do better.

Also, please let me know if there is a better ship for this besides the Artifact. My Artifact isn't high enough to be worth using. Only level 6 and I just can't get the same score from it.

Which level your bridge have?
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    I am currently level 9, close to getting a third Scotty. But I've been doing this setup since the end of level 7. It works most of the time on full auto. I do occasionally die halfway, but it is rare, maybe 10%.

I tried Little John in Crusher's place yesterday, but died halfway twice in a row. I scored higher than half my usual, which makes me believe a second Dereth would score higher. I'll test than when retrieval comes around again for me in almost two weeks. I looked into First Officer Chekov, but while his regeneration time is good, his hull repair is lower. I suspect I am better off with the 20 second cycle time crew. I have yet to try 2* Rutherford in Crusher's place. His cycle time is amazing at 11 seconds, but he only gives 10%.
  • Options
    I am currently level 9, close to getting a third Scotty. But I've been doing this setup since the end of level 7. It works most of the time on full auto. I do occasionally die halfway, but it is rare, maybe 10%.

I tried Little John in Crusher's place yesterday, but died halfway twice in a row. I scored higher than half my usual, which makes me believe a second Dereth would score higher. I'll test than when retrieval comes around again for me in almost two weeks. I looked into First Officer Chekov, but while his regeneration time is good, his hull repair is lower. I suspect I am better off with the 20 second cycle time crew. I have yet to try 2* Rutherford in Crusher's place. His cycle time is amazing at 11 seconds, but he only gives 10%.

ok, i will try your setting and report
  • Options
    qz5g0tgwf2l1.png
    14mwvievj56g.png

This lineup at UN averages 20M. For NM, use the ISS with the same crew for slightly more. Sequence is take 2 bombs, after the second activate crew hull repair. Pass one hit. Use ship hull repair. Rinse and repeat. At the same time activate Taco as he charges and make sure you drop ship bomb when Taco or Chekov is avtive.