Home Ready Room

Fleet Boss Battles - Strategies and advices thread

Comments

• DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Bridge level is 9. My Demo Scotty is 4/5 and I will be getting the final copy tomorrow.

Is it worth citing up my 4/5 Scotty, and starting a second copy, then I have two +damage high crits.

When running in auto, with hull repair crew. The hull repair crew fire left to right. So if using Dereth, it may be worth putting him in the left most seat, so he fires more often.

I'm also thinking, if you have two damage crew, e.g. Scottys, then start the fight manually, fire the first as soon as available, then hit auto as he turns off, and so one of the two is usually on.

I don't know if it is worth it. I got a second Mayweather to try that strategy, but I can barely keep my level 9 Artifact alive long enough to score well as it is. Perhaps a level 10 could do it. Personally, I suspect one Scotty and one Mayweather would be more powerful than two of either.
  • So how is the new update and the supposedly upcoming fix to the 40% damage reduction abilities going to change things?
  • “So how is the new update and the supposedly upcoming fix to the 40% damage reduction abilities going to change things?“

The damage taken will be 40% reduced from your FULL hull strength and not your remaining hull as it is now. Therefore if you get hit with 100k damage from the boss, you will take 60k damage regardless of your current hull strength. As it is now, if you have 10k hull strength left, the hull damage would not be 60k (as intended) but a mere 6K. You will no longer be un-killable when the hull repair is activated.
  • Stumbled on a new combo I really dig. Lasts all 180 seconds on Automatic. From left to right:

The Artifact 10/10
    Reunion Spock and Kirk
    Laborer Kirk
    Pathfinder Uhura
    Determined Janeway

In three runs, I racked up 18433520, 18060195, and then 20365444 points.
    wn0hw72a74pa.jpg
    x62ehi083cil.jpg
    wfiax72fd8y0.jpg
  • For those who might be interested in knowing who are the most used crew in Ultra and regular nightmare, we have now tracked over 800 node hits in this spreadsheet. Enjoy! Mintaken Troi is the boss! lol
  • Nanagoochi wrote: »
    For those who might be interested in knowing who are the most used crew in Ultra and regular nightmare, we have now tracked over 800 node hits in this spreadsheet. Enjoy! Mintaken Troi is the boss! lol

Thank you.

So it's growing knowledge that node generation has changed recently -- the developers seem to have stealth-changed the disposition of the UNM nodes to follow their planned new rule to require at least two possible matching crew. Since it's a server-side change it appears to have been completed even though the 9.2 client is not yet ready. This has only been the case for somewhere around 4 weeks now.

So my question is, does this data span into February? Certainly it's all useful for Nightmare which still appears to follow the original methodology. But your results for any UNM nodes in the past month may be skewed. Might be time to start over with fresh data for the hardest boss.
  • Nanagoochi wrote: »
    For those who might be interested in knowing who are the most used crew in Ultra and regular nightmare, we have now tracked over 800 node hits in this spreadsheet. Enjoy! Mintaken Troi is the boss! lol

Thank you.

So it's growing knowledge that node generation has changed recently -- the developers seem to have stealth-changed the disposition of the UNM nodes to follow their planned new rule to require at least two possible matching crew. Since it's a server-side change it appears to have been completed even though the 9.2 client is not yet ready. This has only been the case for somewhere around 4 weeks now.

So my question is, does this data span into February? Certainly it's all useful for Nightmare which still appears to follow the original methodology. But your results for any UNM nodes in the past month may be skewed. Might be time to start over with fresh data for the hardest boss.

If you look on column G I have tracked any crew that has been used since the portal update. This spreadsheet was last updated 2/27, so very recent data. From a node just the other day, we are still getting nodes where there is only one crew solution who have the required traits, so it seems like that update has not been rolled out, or not fully effective?
  • Oh, though if they only did it to UNM, then it may be possible that the last time we had a crew do that was on NM. I'll keep an eye out for that!
  • Oh, though if they only did it to UNM, then it may be possible that the last time we had a crew do that was on NM. I'll keep an eye out for that!

Hey just an update, I was made aware that Nightmare also obeys the new rules to require at least two in-portal solutions to each node...EXCEPT for node 5.

I'm opening a thread in Engineering to report as this clearly is not working as intended.

Thanks again for sharing your work!!!

Hey just an update, I was made aware that Nightmare also obeys the new rules to require at least two in-portal solutions to each node...EXCEPT for node 5.

I'm opening a thread in Engineering to report as this clearly is not working as intended.

Oh, interesting! I’ll use that logic when solving nodes. Should make life a little easier!! Thanks!

Ok, just confirmed that issue with node 5 today on NM!
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    MACO Mayweather delivers his 400% immediate damage when activated. Pathfinder Uhura's is conditional. Also , Uhura will not get as many activations as MACO Mayweather. I believe that we all are more likely to have Pathfinder Uhura either immortalized or 4FFE. So, for many of us Uhura is who we are using, However, she should be replaced with Immortalized MACO Mayweather when we have him.

That said, is there any other alternatives? I have heard Demo Scotty, but , I watched my battles there are very few crits. I would think he needs Captain Scott to be effective.

Edit: I did forget to mention Resistance Burnham is not bad but not as good as Pathfinder and therefore Mayweather.

Below is with a level 9 , Artifact.

I tried Dereth, First Officer Chekov, Little John Riker, and Laborer Kirk (I have the benefit of level 10 bridge half upgraded or fully upgraded) Never was in trouble but I went with both of them to be safe (lasting the whole time) damage was only 7mil half of my pathfinder Uhura with Dereth, Crusher, and Laborer Kirk.
    Edit: Riker was 3FFE , Chekov was only 2level7 (level unimportant he was not in the command seat, sorry and he was not in science (Dereth has the better passive numbers though)

Edit; I just realized my Dereth was on 1FFE , I forgot to cite him.🙄
    With this account I just did 3mil more damage, then the previous battle, but I had only 3 battles (3 more were used for node solving) in this my fist NM attempt. So one Chekov et. al., one Dereth 1FFE and Pathfinder and et. al. And now FFFE Dereth and Pathfinder et. al.

I am thinking of Testing , Demo Scotty and Captain Scott, Laborer Kirk, and Dereth. I do not think I will last the whole battle though.

The above test failed, I got killed off. 7mil. But Demo was 3FFE
    (I do not have the citations to immortalze people who I am testing. Need proof that they work better before I will use on them, right now citations are reserved for MACO I need two more though, Pathfinder is immortalized on this account)
    7mil. was good though for the time I lasted, think it was half. I do wonder if Cpt. Scott and Pathfinder (for now) might exceed my high. (Or maybe Chekov)

Edit: one addition, Laborer Kirk, Reunion Spock and Kirk , Crusher only need one fuse level. (Accuracy is not used with this Boss)
    Any crew in a seat without that skill (Eng, etc.) does not need to be leveled.
    My level 1 Crusher is as good as immortalized one on the Artifact.
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    MACO Mayweather delivers his 400% immediate damage when activated. Pathfinder Uhura's is conditional. Also , Uhura will not get as many activations as MACO Mayweather. I believe that we all are more likely to have Pathfinder Uhura either immortalized or 4FFE. So, for many of us Uhura is who we are using, However, she should be replaced with Immortalized MACO Mayweather when we have him.

That said, is there any other alternatives? I have heard Demo Scotty, but , I watched my battles there are very few crits. I would think he needs Captain Scott to be effective.

Edit: I did forget to mention Resistance Burnham is not bad but not as good as Pathfinder and therefore Mayweather.

I tried Dereth, First Officer Chekov, Little John Riker, and Laborer Kirk (I have the benefit of level 10 bridge half upgraded or fully upgraded) Never was in trouble but I went with both of them to be safe (lasting the whole time) damage was only 7mil half of my pathfinder Uhura with Dereth, Crusher, and Laborer Kirk.
    Edit: Riker was 3FFE , Chekov was only 2level7 (level unimportant he was not in the command seat, sorry and he was not in science (Dereth has the better passive numbers though)

With this account I just did 3mil more damage, then the previous battle, but I had only 3 battles (no node solving) in this my fist NM attempt. So one Chekov et. al., one Dereth 1FFE and Pathfinder and et. al. And now 1 FFFE Dereth and Pathfinder et. al.

I am thinking of Testing , Demo Scotty and Captain Scott, Laborer Kirk, and Dereth. I do not think I will last the whole battle though.

(I do not have the citations to immortalze people who I am testing. Need proof that they work better before I will use on them, right now citations are reserved for MACO I need two more though, Pathfinder is immortalized on this account)
    7mil. was good though for the time I lasted, think it was half. I do wonder if Cpt. Scott and Pathfinder (for now) might exceed my high. (Or maybe Chekov)

Edit: one addition, Laborer Kirk, Reunion Spock and Kirk , Crusher only need one fuse level. (Accuracy is not used with this Boss)

I have heard that Vindicta works well. In my tests, Mayweather hits more points. I hear Scotty does well, but I use Mayweather since I prefer the stable results to the fluctuations of depending on crits.

Use crew retrieval to get Dereth. I spent four months doing that. I have also used some cites. I use two Dereth and Laborer Kirk. And Mayweather. Level 9 Artifact. I always complete the whole attack on full auto. I average about 20 million, even now with the new "rewards" bug. At times I get far more. When I experiment with two Dereth, Mayweather, and one crit crew, I usually use the President What's-Her-Face. Her numbers are a little lower, but she cycles much faster. I have tried two Mayweather, but my second is 1/5, and I don't always last all 3 minutes if I don't use 3 hull repair crew. (Though when I do make it, I score well.)

But definitely use Dereth. And if you get a second copy, don't merge them; cite them.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    @DavideBooks,
    yes I had a crew retrieval and picked Dereth on my main account other two accounts had him. But my main had 1 citation and my 2nd which had him 3FFE had none. So I finally spent money on my main and 2nd account to get the 4 legendary citations that come with the campaign.
    I will have to see what path I do for the 4 citations I need for MACO , but for now pathfinder will do.

Edit: I will give Vindictive a try . I have to say I really have not looked into the superrare crew. There could be others, but vindictive is who I used in brutal and hard.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have have the Artefact or Phoenix maxed what would be the next best ship I have been using the Rocket ship because it's tanky but seriously thinking of changing to something like the T'Ong. I'm also struggling to find best damage dealer currently using Ezri but might try warship EMA although his initialise cooldown and duration is atrocious.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    I don't have have the Artefact or Phoenix maxed what would be the next best ship I have been using the Rocket ship because it's tanky but seriously thinking of changing to something like the T'Ong. I'm also struggling to find best damage dealer currently using Ezri but might try warship EMA although his initialise cooldown and duration is atrocious.

I am guessing you do not have the artifact at level 9. But, if you do try the artifact as suggested in @DavideBooks post above.

Basically 3 repair hull 25 % crew or two and a 20% maybe, the key is to achieve high damage you would like to have 3 crew with attack that have repair hull .
    The reason immediate damage attacks by Mayweather, pathfinder Uhura , or vindictive Mariner will do that damage based on the attack level before they are activated. The more repair crew with attack, the more likely the immediate damage will occur while the higher attack is active.

I am using level 9 Artifact , with Dereth, Crusher , Pathfinder ( but will be trying vindictive) , and Laborer Kirk seated in that order. Put on auto , never died lasted the whole time.
    Again since Crusher cannot fill a seat ,(does not have, SCI, eng, or cmd) you do not have to level her. And since no accuracy has effect against this boss, no need for them to be fused at all.
    On the other hand attack crew you want them to be fully fused and leveled only if in a seat which they have the skill.
    edited April 2023

I am guessing you do not have the artifact at level 9. But, if you do try the artifact as suggested in @DavideBooks post above.

Basically 3 repair hull 25 % crew or two and a 20% maybe, the key is to achieve high damage you would like to have 3 crew with attack that have repair hull .
    The reason immediate damage attacks by Mayweather, pathfinder Uhura , or vindictive Mariner will do that damage based on the attack level before they are activated. The more repair crew with attack, the more likely the immediate damage will occur while the higher attack is active.

I am using level 9 Artifact , with Dereth, Crusher , Pathfinder ( but will be trying vindictive) , and Laborer Kirk seated in that order. Put on auto , never died lasted the whole time.

Sadly I've been on a long hiatus my artefact is only 5/10 so I am doubtful it is worth trying at that low level, I also don't have Mariner/Mayweather or that Uhura Repair crew isn't an issue I have LJ Riker, Displaced Burnham and Labourer Kirk as options there.

[was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Is nobody using the ISS Enerprise anymore? It was never good for Auto but is still fine for manual.
    I have the common Three for repair + Scotty as Attacker. Damage varies a lot depending on criticals but often skyrockets with additional boni gained.
    Is nobody using the ISS Enerprise anymore? It was never good for Auto but is still fine for manual.
    I have the common Three for repair + Scotty as Attacker. Damage varies a lot depending on criticals but often skyrockets with additional boni gained.

I tested ISS Enterprise didn't work out for me the hull is too low on it I think, I am having better luck with the rocket ship, I'm tempted to try the T'Ong though.
    Here is a picture of my sheet showing hull damage crew. It demonstrates that the four most ideal crew are Kung Fu Crusher, Laborer Kirk, Dereth, and Reunion Kirk and Spock. This is because each has a 20 second regeneration or cycle of their repair. Dereth is particularly good because he is an attack crew and deals more damage if you use the three hull repair and one hammer technique. Two others are often cited as very good because they are also attack crew. These are: First Officer Chekov who has a faster cycle time but less hull repair, and Little John Riker who takes longer to cycle but gives more of a hit. I don't have Chekov and found Riker kept letting me die early.
    djk4e7dxyxvo.jpg

I posted this a long time ago. If you use Dereth, you get a much better result if you have him immortalized since he increases your attack, which results in better hit value for your hammer. Most people say it doesn't matter if you use accuracy crew, but it seemed to me that my score went up when I immortalized Laborer Kirk. I currently use two Dereth and Laborer Kirk with Maco Mayweather. With a level 9 Artifact, I average 20 million, even with the reduction from the new levels.

• WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Here is a picture of my sheet showing hull damage crew. It demonstrates that the four most ideal crew are Kung Fu Crusher, Laborer Kirk, Dereth, and Reunion Kirk and Spock. This is because each has a 20 second regeneration or cycle of their repair. Dereth is particularly good because he is an attack crew and deals more damage if you use the three hull repair and one hammer technique. Two others are often cited as very good because they are also attack crew. These are: First Officer Chekov who has a faster cycle time but less hull repair, and Little John Riker who takes longer to cycle but gives more of a hit. I don't have Chekov and found Riker kept letting me die early.
    djk4e7dxyxvo.jpg

I posted this a long time ago. If you use Dereth, you get a much better result if you have him immortalized since he increases your attack, which results in better hit value for your hammer. Most people say it doesn't matter if you use accuracy crew, but it seemed to me that my score went up when I immortalized Laborer Kirk. I currently use two Dereth and Laborer Kirk with Maco Mayweather. With a level 9 Artifact, I average 20 million, even with the reduction from the new levels.

To me it made sense that more attack should work better but I am not seeing in my runs. I got three x1 cooldown boosts and a good x1 attack that was 14% on my first attempt at NM. But I should be able to get better boosts So it may need some better boosts. But my average attack was 15mill. Just figure it was level 10 bridge even though I did upgrade half of it during the night on two of my accounts. Number were mainly the same as long as I had 3 repair and 1 hammer.
    For me it was Pathfinder Uhura because she was immortalized or 4FFE on my 3 accounts.

I did get a 50% damage, but I had to use one 4 xtra valor from free rewards. Mainly because, I was trying different attempts that yielded lower scores. One was promising but I died before time ran out and came 1 mill. lower. Also Vindictive Mariner seems to be 1million lower but also has no difference in others.

I do believe that MACO Mayweather or if you have the new Kirk reward are the best choices Preferably Kirk when you get him immortalized. So you, that are at higher bridge levels, might want to use Pathfinder Uhura until you can get Kirk.
    Problem may be at higher bridge levels or with right boost to be able to battle with two Kirk's and 2 Dereths.

I think I died off half way though the battle with only 2 25% repair. But also have a level 9 not 10 Artifact.

Keep in mind we cannot really compare each other damages because the big difference is the boosts. I do know there are x4 boosts, can be very good.
  • for the ISS Enterprise I had to split my three repair crew, one repairs after the first attack and two after the second. May not work with low bridge levels
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

With this account I just did 3mil more damage, then the previous battle, but I had only 3 battles (no node solving) in this my fist NM attempt. So one Chekov et. al., one Dereth 1FFE and Pathfinder and et. al. And now 1 FFFE Dereth and Pathfinder et. al.

I have heard that Vindicta works well. In my tests, Mayweather hits more points. I hear Scotty does well, but I use Mayweather since I prefer the stable results to the fluctuations of depending on crits.

Vindicta attacks more often than TACO. They're roughly the same in output but obviously you can't use her as your sole attacker. Kirk will be better than both.

Scotty is better than TACO. He has higher ATK and more uptime on his ATK than TACO. Over a 3 minute fight, you're going to get multiple crits so I wouldn't say its unreliable. I should point out that ATK increases are not linear, they're logarithmic. That's why its important to use immortalized ATK crew. Scotty also has decent passives. With respect to the combo chain, Scotty is a net gain in damage for most combo's. TACO will not be able to take advantage of any Attack Speed increases and he's probably worse for Crit Rating boosts.

Generally, you're not going to have one attacker. Ideally you'll use Scotty and one other damage dealer.

My usual set-up is: Dereth/Scotty/Vindicta/LabKirk. If the combo chain gives damage or cooldown reduction, I swap out Kirk for Chief Rutherford. If the chain gives a lot of damage and cooldown reduction I swap out Kirk for AGIMUS.

The current bridge bug is somewhat inhibiting us so sometimes I use Dereth/Scotty/Janeway/Rutherford. It scores about 25M with a crappy chain and lasts the full 3 minutes on full auto.
    VIP 13 - 305 Crew Slots - 915 Immortals

You can't do accurate testing unless your ATK crew is immortalized. As I mentioned above ATK is not a linear increase. I can't find the damage value table right now but I do recall one stat. McCoy with his +12 attack does 30% more damage than any +10 attack crew in game. The main reason Scotty works better is because Position ships are simply not as good as the Artifact.

I never recommend TACO to people. Scotty is useful in other areas of the game. TACO is only good for FBB and he has enough competition (Vindicta, Uhura, AGIMUS, Pirate Q) you can neglect him and not worry about it.
    @Ivanstone
    I immortalized Scotty on your advice. He had been 3/5. I swapped him Mayweather after first running a baseline test with a brand new Ultra-Nightmare. I scored just below Mayweather twice in a row. The score was extremely close, but lower. Perhaps a level 10 Artifact would make the difference, but it is essentially the same with a level 9. In past experiments I found President What's-Her-Face to be as effective as Scotty, but I'll try that again with immortalized Scotty. I will test Scotty vs Mayweather again when we have completed all the nodes.
    @Ivanstone
    I immortalized Scotty on your advice. He had been 3/5. I swapped him Mayweather after first running a baseline test with a brand new Ultra-Nightmare. I scored just below Mayweather twice in a row. The score was extremely close, but lower. Perhaps a level 10 Artifact would make the difference, but it is essentially the same with a level 9. In past experiments I found President What's-Her-Face to be as effective as Scotty, but I'll try that again with immortalized Scotty. I will test Scotty vs Mayweather again when we have completed all the nodes.

T’Rina is worse than Scotty. There are very few crew in game that have a +10 ATK and have an additional ability on top of that. Amongst those Scotty has the highest uptime and he has good passives on top of that.

When I started I used the Keldon with Mirror Bashir. He has very strong up time on his +10 attack. Eventually after getting Scotty, I compared the two and Scotty was reliably scoring better. He would work in a variety of Position ships. Eventually I got the Artifact at 10/10. I didn’t use it too much before then because the Keldon could reliably survive with only 2 repair.

I generally consider Scotty to be the best first banana. However, there nothing wrong with combining Scotty and TACO. You can always vary your choices depending on the chain. Eventually your going to go nuts with a 60% attack speed combo and you’ll wish you had two Scotties.
    edited April 2023
    I just ran the tests again with all nodes completed. This time, Mayweather scored just barely below Scotty on one battle (too close to call, really; just as before) and 4 million below the other battle. That shows more variance with Scotty, but that some of the variance is caused by the node bonuses. Whatever the math and logic say, my experience tells me that either setup is good. In a bit over two hours, I'll run the two of them together and see how that goes.

Edit: I couldn't survive the whole time with both together, but still made 22 million. I made very nearly 30 million with wither one and all the nodes and 18 million with either one and no nodes. My experience has been averaging 20 million regardless of the bonuses on the nodes. Usually closer to 25 with all nodes completed. My best ever was 37 million. But I score nearly 10 million at times when I forget to put it on auto and set it down.
    Just wondering has anyone tested Mok'bara Worf with his fast cycle time, +10 attack
    edited April 2023
    Just wondering has anyone tested Mok'bara Worf with his fast cycle time, +10 attack

I haven't tested him specifically but his uptime (33%) is pretty bad. I've used Tribble Quark who has the same cycle but has 50% uptime. He's decent but there are lots of crew with +10 attack.

Reno has the same uptime as Worf but at least comes with +10000 crit. Her cycle is twice as long but that doesn't matter generally.

Cycle time matters the most when comparing crew of the same cycle. For example, VBV Hemmer has a +10 ATT, a 14s cycle and 50% uptime. This is good. What's better is the Vindicta Mariner also has a 14s cycle with a 400% hammer. You can insure Vindicta is always dropping that hammer with a +10 Attack. Changes in CDR might complicate this strategy since they have different Durations and Cooldowns (7/7 vs 6/8).
    Ivanstone wrote: »

I haven't tested him specifically but his uptime (33%) is pretty bad. I've used Tribble Quark who has the same cycle but has 50% uptime. He's decent but there are lots of crew with +10 attack.

Reno has the same uptime as Worf but at least comes with +10000 crit. Her cycle is twice as long but that doesn't matter generally.

Cycle time matters the most when comparing crew of the same cycle. For example, VBV Hemmer has a +10 ATT, a 14s cycle and 50% uptime. This is good. What's better is the Vindicta Mariner also has a 14s cycle with a 400% hammer. You can insure Vindicta is always dropping that hammer with a +10 Attack. Changes in CDR might complicate this strategy since they have different Durations and Cooldowns (7/7 vs 6/8).

Makes sense i'm also trying to better sync my hull repair crew timings but there isn't much wiggle room there between the cycle timings that I have.