Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thurthorad wrote: »
    Navarch wrote: »
    j94pcbq7klsm.jpg

Great news!!!

He had to say that. We’re going to need details in order to feel confident in spending money on Timelines.

Yeah. Not believing it.

And coming from someone who dosnt seem to fully understand the game or how ifs played, the bit where they say the game wont look or feel different to the players perspective is hard to believe.

And, this is coming 3 weeks after shan and all other wrg staff was let go, and only after people started talking about if.

Im betting that they are just going to try and automate as much of the process as possible. Whoch means the game will get even more repetitive. Not sure how to find positive when the only possibilities at this point are:

1: tp employees will take on duties responsibilities of laid off employees, with presumably little to no pay increase. Will lead to burn out and staff turnover, resulting in inconsistent and frustrating gaming experience.

2: games new content will be automated to be run by one or two staff. Game will get even more boring and repetivite than it already is. Quality will take a nose dive Leading to decreased player purchases, reduced game revenues and less new content.

3: game will shut down, in contradiction of bens statement.

Ill wait and see what is announced later. But i am girmly in the camp of “i dont trust what wrg says, i trust what wrg does”.

There's an easy answer for you. Uninstall the app, close this tab and get on with your life. You can then choose to believe whatever you want and you'll never have any evidence of your ignorance to face.

Quoted so cannot be "adjusted" when does not age well.

The game is going to end at some point. Maybe tomorrow. But I'm not trying to will it into existence. I don't know why the sky is falling people are so insistent. Maybe it will. Maybe it won't. Why are you so invested in it ending badly. There's a chance it won't.

I understand people that have not witnessed this EXACT thing with another game not getting it. I really do. But that statement by Ben literally looks like it could have been writing by the people writing the ones that PlayDumb flooded their Forums with.

And, since you have to keep launching personal attacks against people and even downright lying, all I can say is.....

HAVE A NICE DAY
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    j94pcbq7klsm.jpg

Great news!!!

He had to say that. We’re going to need details in order to feel confident in spending money on Timelines.

Yeah. Not believing it.

And coming from someone who dosnt seem to fully understand the game or how ifs played, the bit where they say the game wont look or feel different to the players perspective is hard to believe.

And, this is coming 3 weeks after shan and all other wrg staff was let go, and only after people started talking about if.

Im betting that they are just going to try and automate as much of the process as possible. Whoch means the game will get even more repetitive. Not sure how to find positive when the only possibilities at this point are:

1: tp employees will take on duties responsibilities of laid off employees, with presumably little to no pay increase. Will lead to burn out and staff turnover, resulting in inconsistent and frustrating gaming experience.

2: games new content will be automated to be run by one or two staff. Game will get even more boring and repetivite than it already is. Quality will take a nose dive Leading to decreased player purchases, reduced game revenues and less new content.

Ill wait and see what is announced later. But i am girmly in the camp of “i dont trust what wrg says, i trust what wrg does”.

There's an easy answer for you. Uninstall the app, close this tab and get on with your life. You can then choose to believe whatever you want and you'll never have any evidence of your ignorance to face.

The game is going to end at some point. Maybe tomorrow. But I'm not trying to will it into existence. I don't know why the sky is falling people are so insistent. Maybe it will. Maybe it won't. Why are you so invested in it ending badly. There's a chance it won't.

I understand people that have not witnessed this EXACT thing with another game not getting it. I really do. But that statement by Ben literally looks like it could have been writing by the people writing the ones that PlayDumb flooded their Forums with.

And, since you have to keep launching personal attacks against people and even downright lying, all I can say is.....

HAVE A NICE DAY

I'd like evidence of the lying please. If I have spoken any mistruth it is entirely inadvertent, but I'm not even aware of doing it inadvertently.
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    j94pcbq7klsm.jpg

Great news!!!

First time? He's basically saying the same kind of stuff Diznee/PlayDumb said when people figured out about MAA.

That line pretty much implying we would have just totally been blindsided if word had not been gotten out by the players themselves may be the most telling......

Yeah, for the moment it is a tiny flame of hope, not more. And even after his coming post I will watch for months what will happen before spending again. Cause I trust actions, not words.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    j94pcbq7klsm.jpg

Great news!!!

Yeah. Not believing it.

HAVE A NICE DAY

I'd like evidence of the lying please. If I have spoken any mistruth it is entirely inadvertent, but I'm not even aware of doing it inadvertently.
    j94pcbq7klsm.jpg

Great news!!!

Yeah. Not believing it.

Why are you so invested in it ending badly.

DO NOT ADDRESS ME AGAIN!!!!!!
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep Googling to try to find all the commenters' mobile games that have lasted 7 years, but I can't find them. Is it on the Wiki?
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    I keep Googling to try to find all the commenters' mobile games that have lasted 7 years, but I can't find them. Is it on the Wiki?

Marvel Puzzle Quest is sitting at over 9 years. They’ve had a lot of changes over the years and I think they’re on their 3rd developer now. MCU is a bigger property and the game is more straightforward. STT has multiple mini games that contribute to the task of crew collecting. I don’t think that’s bad but might not be for everyone.

MPQ seems to be trucking along. Personally I think it’s better than ever although I’m not sure how a new player gets into the game now. It’s probably easier to get up to speed than STT. It’s fractional character system is better than STT’s at least.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Jurati_whoaJurati_whoa ✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    j94pcbq7klsm.jpg

Great news!!!

Yeah. Not believing it.

Weren’t you banned for a reason and then broke Terms of Agreement creating another account? Your non-stop negativity is nauseating. I’ve never seen someone invest so much of the their recreational time in something they dislike so much.

Not sure what you are implying with your post.

I make criticisms of the game and developers when i believe that the decisions are negativey affecting my experience with the game. People on these forums, and especially you, take that personally and try to drag me into a mud slinging contest.

My comments are for the developers, not you. I dont care if you think the game will last forever, is flawless, or whatever other opinion you have about the game.

But these forums are a place to provide feedback to the developers, and thats what im doing. These forums are not a protected corner of the internet for you and your troll friends to hide in and create a wrg worship club that bashes anyone who would dare offer negative feedback to the game devs. I think thats the disconnect, or rather, the details of the reality that you have clearly attempted to divorce yourself from.

And for the record, ive never been banned from anything. So your post is really confusing to me.
  • Options
    From bens announcement, it seems likely that they have selected someone from the community to be the new shan. Probably to be paid with in game currency.

It also still looks like obfuscation of the truth, the whole “some of the timelines team was affected” does not seem to be in alignment with the info on linkedin accounts that had “most” “a lot” or “all” as the affected group of wrg.

To me this looks like ifs down to ben, joe, and maybe one other team member.

• Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    @WRG Ben any news on 9.2?
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    WRG Ben wrote: »
    Hey all! Joe and I will be doing a Q&A in the #wrg-q-and-a channel on the Star Trek Timelines Discord channel on Friday at 3EST to address any concerns and to answer all your questions in real time!

I guess those of us who don't use discord are just SOL......
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    cmdrworf wrote: »

no news for right now. hoping to have a better idea by the end of the week on a timeline.

I assume you know this, but to state the obvious, releasing 9.2 will go a long way towards reassuring players that the game is not about to end.

Considering it was before the end of the year, then January, then first of Feb, then mid to late February and now March?!?
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    cmdrworf wrote: »

no news for right now. hoping to have a better idea by the end of the week on a timeline.

Thank you for the updates today and looking forward to hearing more at the end of the week. I hope Shan left her Cloak of Imperviousness for you to wear here. ;)

And I would like to add my condolences on your loss.
    Admiral of the Inner Planets Alliance fleets
  • Options
    j94pcbq7klsm.jpg

Great news!!!

Yeah. Not believing it.

You dont need to make this personal, but fine. Ill leave.

😃😇👌👏🥂
  • Options
    j94pcbq7klsm.jpg

Great news!!!

Yeah. Not believing it.

In this case, I agree with jurati_whoa. TP/WRG may have a plan to go forward, but if a large enough chunk of the playerbase doesn’t feel comfortable spending, it’s game over anyways.

The fact that TP/WRG failed to give us a reason for confidence for 3 weeks does not inspire confidence in their future ability to do so.
    Yeah, the fact that Ben had a family member just (unfortunately) pass away certainly gives him a pass on why there was a delay.
    To do list:
    1: make sure everyone knows what's happening with the game
    2: family matters

• Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion, we need a proper statement from WRG about this, and the state of the game.

It is not secret that the player base has gone down in recent years.

The worst thing for this game is bad rumours, because it will stop people spending. If this game is still viable, then those rumours will kill the game.

Hence we need @WRG Ben to tell us what is going on long term, otherwise the game will just die.

This is equivalent to a bank run.