Home The Bridge
Options

RNG Victim Support Group

Comments

• Options
    If you create a thread on a public forum, then try to gatekeep what kind of comments other forum members can make on your thread, you might be better off making a blog instead.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Spotted Tuvok in the shop again today. I cited mine, but it has been eight days since I got mine. I think others have been more frequent.
    ufp1bq71zgfp.png
    Not sure if anyone is looking for any kind of data, but thought I'd keep an eye out for him still to share in case.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't seen anyone gatekeeping comments here. The only person who was gatekeeping comments in general seems to have disappeared. Unless private anonymous guest accounts are new ways around forum bans.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Captain's Log, Stardate: Today+12

Buoyed by the recent setbacks of their fellow officers I was pleased when a new group of 12 stepped forward to lead the next sweep, and equally pleased with how they handled managing the ship. I am however less pleased with the results of their search and given the changing circumstances today a new group was selected for the next attempt.

x2dwq5ja2frh.jpg

The unconventional team I sent to play in Q's trivia tournament did very well. There were a couple of gaps in their basic knowledge but their extensive coverage of less conventional subjects carried them to victory. Unfortunately we learned after it was over that the grand prize was a bowl of wax cantaloupes.

ygerkxohi3c3.jpg
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Captain's Log, Stardate: Today+14

The stars aligned literally and figuratively and over the last 2 days my team has run two efficient and quality searches. They ultimately did so well I allowed them to stick together and try a third time today despite the fact that there are two Janeways on board and they are needed elsewhere. Fortunately my barracks is never short on Janeways.

uuuka6fpto53.jpg
    dyhbn5i7y3ad.jpg

I sent a really talented team to Q's Connect Four party. They took first place with a strong showing and reported back that the grand prize was a moderate collection of spare tires.

dbarig3akgu8.jpg
  • Options
    Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    If you create a thread on a public forum, then try to gatekeep what kind of comments other forum members can make on your thread, you might be better off making a blog instead.

Bylo's Bland Blog?
  • Options
    Navarch wrote: »
    The sad part is that so many redshirts have been lost in an attempt to win Admiral Black.

Indeed. *moment of silence*

However, they don't much like to stay alive. I lost 9 once in a 2 second voyage.

You know how those transporter accidents are!

id1uyfvxbds5.gif
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Captain's Log, Stardate: Today+16

I am not exactly sure how it happened but I managed to keep the exact same group of 12 officers intact for 4 consecutive days, and for all 4 days they did a tremendous job running the ship. I have given them all 3 gold stars each, but then I manually took 1 back from each of them for failing to locate Chakotay or Black.

1yb3b210sb35.jpg
    3rnwsmr01xdi.jpg

I sent 5 crew to do Q's Whatever, blah blah blah, they won first place again, blah blah blah, once again the grand prize was blah blah blah. See you again in 2 days when once again the grand prize will be blah blah blah.

ubhmou2f7dbo.jpg
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.

jqk0wcikfyng.jpg
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got another Mariner. I don’t how I got another Mariner. I was just airlocking my recent voyage acquisitions and there she was.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    I got another Mariner. I don’t how I got another Mariner. I was just airlocking my recent voyage acquisitions and there she was.

I got my second over the weekend. Is it worth FFing her to have two?
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »

I got my second over the weekend. Is it worth FFing her to have two?

Top 10 Voyager with the #1 DIP base.

I don’t normally dupe crew though. I also used to assume that gauntlet crew would get FF by themselves. If things were how they used to be I’d be sitting at a 4/5 Archer instead of a 2/5 Archer and a 2/5 Mariner. I probably won’t cite her at all.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    I have 4/5 Mariner, with zero dilithium spent.

Even when her rotation ends I can cite her and be net zero citations.
  • Options
    Captain’s log, Stardate: Today

My first Mariner! My crew managed to locate her after a 6 win streak in the gauntlet. There may need to be some rearranging of quarters and Mr. Vup may find himself in the unfortunate position of floating in space…

As for Archer, four copies have been found, with a fifth needed, a citation is in question of being used and i’ve asked my first officer about the matter. Captain Colli signing off….

yhkberoar5cv.png

Captain Level 99

• Options
    Congrats Bylo! I was all prepared with the forum tradition of “well…bye” but happy to see some good luck finally coming your way :wink:

Captain Level 99

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats!!!

You've earned it!
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jealous. Congrats
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    I was down bad this morning. Months of getting beaten down by this game's RNG combined with some real world stuff and then getting forced into a mandatory overtime situation had me mentally preparing a rough draft of a post here where I would go out in a blaze of glory, hit myself with the meme, change my STT password to random gibberish, uninstall, and walk away forever. The "final" straw was opening 17 of those Tuesday packs trying to get the new Seven and not even getting a single 5* card.

I got home after my double shift, "slept" a few hours, checked on the game and saw this...

ii4y1jz4kbgd.jpg

No flashy Captain's Log but I had to post this.

Should have left when you had the chance, that's how they **tsk tsk** you (and your wallet) back in............
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Happy for you! I've had some bad days lately myself. Glad to see someone have some luck. Think I'll join the Gauntlet. I skipped a few days.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy for you! I've had some bad days lately myself. Glad to see someone have some luck. Think I'll join the Gauntlet. I skipped a few days.

Going white knuckle in Gauntlet 24/7 for months was exhausting so for the time being I am coasting, I wish you success in your quest! Gauntlet definitely has the power to amplify real life joys/stresses so hopefully you can take down a Mariner or two.
  • Options
    Bylo Band wrote: »

Going white knuckle in Gauntlet 24/7 for months was exhausting so for the time being I am coasting, I wish you success in your quest! Gauntlet definitely has the power to amplify real life joys/stresses so hopefully you can take down a Mariner or two.

I'd happily take any Gauntlet crew. I got Red Angel in August. She's my last, excluding my second Guinan that was from the bartender pack. Out of nine, I have four- Guinan, Balok, Caretaker, and Red Angel. I've been trying since Archer. (Eleven Enterprise crew lacking, excluding the new Reed.) No luck.