Home The Bridge

RNG Victim Support Group

Comments

• Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I will send a Long Voyage (TM) during this upcoming Galaxy event to try for V.D. Chakotay and Admiral Black so I will have something to keep me interested, I will post the final result when I recall it. Everyone else with a glut Voyage tokens is welcome to participate!
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    I think I will send a Long Voyage (TM) during this upcoming Galaxy event to try for V.D. Chakotay and Admiral Black so I will have something to keep me interested, I will post the final result when I recall it. Everyone else with a glut Voyage tokens is welcome to participate!

I did one on my 3rd account, got plenty of superrare crew but no legendaries.
    Good luck, I think it would be extreme good luck to get more than one legendary (Black and or Chakotay)
    Just recalled the second Long Voyage (TM) since the 5* cards were introduced. I recalled at the 2 day mark to avoid having it get stuck again.

lwqtd3vu1x3s.jpg
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got on my second account Locutus. No begold
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 3rd account got a straight drop of Balok. I guess they have not implemented Beholds yet?
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    My 3rd account got a straight drop of Balok. I guess they have not implemented Beholds yet?

It was something Ben said was being implemented, but it has never been announced as being released. And he even said once the feature was added it wouldn't be used immediately.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    WaldoMag wrote: »

It was something Ben said was being implemented, but it has never been announced as being released. And he even said once the feature was added it wouldn't be used immediately.

Thanks, I started realizing with two accounts getting straight drops that it must not have implemented, but I was not sure.
  • I have Admiral Black.
  • Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    So WRG change up how things work, introduce new legendary voyage exclusive cards, set the probability to 0 < X <0.0000000000000000000000001, make the decision to swap out Gauntlet cards every 3 months, then cross-populate voyage and Gauntlet drops, have the latest voyage exclusive legendary be a seriously powerful Gauntlet card, and then give that card a 65% bonus?!

I really didn't think it was possible to make Gauntlet worse but I must tip my cap to you WRG, you outdid yourselves! Gauntlet now is not just annoying and painful but now it is pointless! Unless you are one of the 6 people globally who has lucked into a copy of Admiral Black, you have no hope at all unless you have insanely good buffs, get somewhat lucky on your rolls, AND catch Black with only 1 skill...

...it's a real shame it was my 6,000,000th copy of Red Angel and not some combination of First Flight Archer or "some kind of" lineup of multiple options one could select from.

Not prone to exaggerating I see
    People moan because nothing new has beed added to the game
    Then when something new is added, people moan about the addition

Then you have the moaners who just moan for the sake of it, constantly threaten to quit. Never do though
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

Then you have the moaners who just moan for the sake of it, constantly threaten to quit. Never do though

You are missing the point. No one is moaning about getting a new "feature". The complaint is that we are getting a new addition that is so unlikely it makes the Lottery look reasonable. We have a fake new addition to the game. I have received the unavoidable random drops of rations in a dilemma 7 times since this started and 1 gold crew despite 10 and 12 hour voyages back to back to back. It just shows how ridiculous this is. We have 2 new gold crew in voyages. The odds of getting them from voyages is apparently something lower than once in six months with absolutely no way of increasing the odds through intentional choice. This means that we can fully finish the new crew on ten years. Even of the odds were as likely as the horrible, useless rations, it would take two years, which is far more reasonable.
    The current gauntlet I am running is the 65% Guinan one
    It is boring because it is just back-to-back Guinans 😴 Even Gloria who is a meh card gets some action & there are pretty much no other good cards that share the same traits
    I don't think I am missing the point at all
    Gauntlet exclusives has always been about having the upper hand - especially during the early days - why do you think they drop so infrequently? Of course gauntlet - or in the case of Black, Voyage - exclusives can hit 65% Brits. That's what makes them so valuable & sought after
    The game would/has become stale if every player has all the most valuable cards as soon as they were available

Also, why would you want to immortalize Gauntlet cards ASAP? Apart from collections,you only need 1 copy of them for their full potential. Where did you get those drop odds btw?

We also have 2 new voyager mammoths that will help the voyages last much longer so there is at least a small silver lining
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

You are missing the point. No one is moaning about getting a new "feature". The complaint is that we are getting a new addition that is so unlikely it makes the Lottery look reasonable. We have a fake new addition to the game. I have received the unavoidable random drops of rations in a dilemma 7 times since this started and 1 gold crew despite 10 and 12 hour voyages back to back to back. It just shows how ridiculous this is. We have 2 new gold crew in voyages. The odds of getting them from voyages is apparently something lower than once in six months with absolutely no way of increasing the odds through intentional choice. This means that we can fully finish the new crew on ten years. Even of the odds were as likely as the horrible, useless rations, it would take two years, which is far more reasonable.

Here is the issue I have. Since Chakotay has been released I've won one Archer, two mariners, and I don't even remember how many of older gauntlet crew. And I've seen Mirror Tuvok at least 3 times in my faction store. Yet I've never won Chakotay or Black and I'm constantly running long voyages. These voyage exclusive crew make the gauntlet crew look easy to get. And we know how people feel about gauntlet crew. These crew are being added with such tiny odds that they might as well not exist.

If crew are going to be introduced that have no way to earn them other than RNG and wait, then it doesn't make me want to play more or play better. I have no control over getting the crew so why should I try to earn the crew. And at that point what makes this a game rather than a lottery ticket?
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still probably better odds than getting the One Ring in the new MTG expansion. More than one person has them at least.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
    The layers to my bit on Admiral Black from my previous post...

1. I personally do not think any card should ever get a 65% Gauntlet, they are very much not fun and they are incredibly punitive to new players. Even 45% Gauntlets are not very fun but I can at least entertain the idea that on rare occasion they are probably OK but 65% Gauntlets are IMO terrible.

2. Even if we accept 65% Gauntlets, incredibly strong cards should never get 65% Gauntlets. For example, in the old days before Red Angel/Black Locutus did not need a 65% Gauntlet, OTHER cards needed bonuses just to have a chance against him. When the strongest cards get 65% Gauntlets, it is just walls of pain.

3. Even if we somehow accept giving very strong cards 65% Gauntlets, giving Black (a very strong Gauntlet card that new players have literally zero chance to acquire and seasoned players have next-to-zero chance to acquire) a 65% Gauntlet is just cruelty.

By WRG's words they claim to want us to play Gauntlet, but by their actions they pretty much don't want us to play Gauntlet. Knowing that Black now gets 65% Gauntlets you cannot be truly competitive in that game mode until you get a copy, and there is absolutely nothing you can ever do to get a copy. In the now bygone era of Gauntlet when the feature card stayed in place for 9+ months if you kept at it odds were on your side that you would eventually get a copy, but with Gauntlet and voyages now linked together you must win the lottery on voyages to be competitive in Gauntlet, and our odds are just going to get worse and worse.

I've sent 12 hour voyages almost every day (every so often RNG dooms one) and two Long Voyage (TM)s since Chakotay was introduced and to date have still never seen him drop. They then added Black which has now halved my already next-to-zero chance of getting a specific voyage 5* card, and it will just get worse and worse as time goes on and they add more 5* voyage exclusive cards.

There is a solution to all of this, since WRG has decided they are going to start adding new cards to voyages and Gauntlet every 3 months all they have to do is set an expiration date on the older cards and add them to the portal so we can retrieve them once they rotate out. That's it. I wouldn't care at all about losing to Admiral Black in Gauntlet if I knew I could just retrieve my own copy in July when the next card gets added to voyages, or I wouldn't care that First Flight Archer rotated out without my having won a copy if i could just retrieve myself a copy. We already have Crew Retrieval, adding this rotating cards to the available pool will turn this FOMO nightmare into something that is actually fun.

Otherwise, I don't want to alarm anyone but June is basically half over which means we only have a couple more weeks before a third card gets added to the voyage table and getting Admiral Black gets that much more improbable.
    It's still easy to beat 65% Brits if they have only 1 skill & you have high stats & at least 1 crit.

Why shouldn't they have 65%? Top voyagers have the best numbers because that is their speciality, ditto with ship abilities. If it wasn't for their ship abilities, there is no way I would have Chaotica & The Keeper in my roster because they otherwise are worthless

And please tell where your source on the new upcoming third card?
    Ben admitted that they goofed up on releasing Mariner so soon after Archer & listened to the feedback

IMO there always should be crew that are non retrievable: honour crew, Gauntlet crew & Voyage crew - both the original & new ones

Retrieving gauntlet cards? What a waste of a retrieval! You may have just gotten your 6 millionth copy of red angel, but many have yet to get theirs, never mind immortalize it
  • And please tell where your source on the new upcoming third card?

I had to look it up to remember, but in the roadmap shared in April it lists a new Gauntlet crew from LD. Perhaps upon reflection WRG will push that out a bit.
    Fleet Admiral, eXodus
    Fleet Discord | Fleet Wiki
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

I had to look it up to remember, but in the roadmap shared in April it lists a new Gauntlet crew from LD. Perhaps upon reflection WRG will push that out a bit.

There’s also that bit about functionality of beholds for Gauntlet, Voyages and OE’s. I’ll assume that means we get a behold for the exclusive crew. Currently sitting at 2 Archers, 2 Mariners and about 4-5 old crew since January. Sitting on a 2 Armus streak right now.
    VIP 13 - 305 Crew Slots - 915 Immortals

But no confirmation it is coming from voyage
  • weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    It's still easy to beat 65% Brits if they have only 1 skill & you have high stats & at least 1 crit.

Completely agree; it's entirely possible to play a kind of counter-cyclical gauntlet roster that's deliberately designed to poke at the weak spots of the 65%er, even choosing entirely from retrievable options. You do have to have (and be willing to spend rather than save them for other things) plenty of merits to work that strategy though.
    Ben admitted that they goofed up on releasing Mariner so soon after Archer & listened to the feedback

https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/20366/star-trek-timelines-snapshot-development-roadmap-april-2023#latest which says a new LD crew is coming to gauntlet in July hasn't been contradicted anywhere that I've seen. When/where did Ben say this?

More generally, I think there are a couple of disconnects going on in this thread.

The first is that "gauntlet crew" is being used to mean both "crew available as exclusive gauntlet rewards (and maybe very occasionally in special packs)" and "crew who are good for gauntlet". That's a broader category but until Mariner the former was always a subset of it. But I think WRG mean the first when they say it.

The second (or maybe this one is me reading my own feelings into the debate) is the gameplay vs collecting thing. So far I have been happy to take things as they come with the voyage exclusive golds, but neither Chakotay nor Black are characters I feel that strongly about, and from a gameplay point of view I don't consider them to be must haves (I only rarely play gauntlet since getting the 20k rounds Locutus, but I honestly don't think there's any single crew that's an absolute must have in any area of the game any more). But at the same time I know for a fact that if they were to stick a new Crusher or Picard in the loot table I'd be running multiple day voyages regularly.
    I'm sure it isn't intended, but there seems to be a certain amount of sarcasm there. We wouldn't want our benevolent overlords and enablers to think we don't appreciate the crumbs they so kindly give us after leading us to think a feast was coming.
  • -:- AZ689-:- AZ689 ✭✭✭
    Months after the first Adm Black I just got the second one at 6h and „where earth meets sky“ dilemma
    -:- AZ689 wrote: »
    Months after the first Adm Black I just got the second one at 6h and „where earth meets sky“ dilemma

Which choice did you make?
    Just bought five Tuesday packs to get the purple. Five Worfs. Think I got one bundle of useful schematics out of all of it. I screwed up and didn't take Anxious Kirk or I could have started another star for Spork. Did anyone get JoJo?
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
    edited June 2023
    Just bought five Tuesday packs to get the purple. Five Worfs. Think I got one bundle of useful schematics out of all of it. I screwed up and didn't take Anxious Kirk or I could have started another star for Spork. Did anyone get JoJo?

On the first pull

ceorxxu7sue8.jpg
    As for anxious Kirk, just send a tickt in asking th pick to be swapped
    @Kim_Novak.II Thanks, I'll send one.