Home The Bridge
Options

RNG Victim Support Group

Comments

• Options
    The RNG has been more than brutal to me as well. I've managed to end the gauntlet in the top 5 many times, only to be rewarded with 5 - 7 items 2 stars or less. Ironically, the only time the RNG swung in my favor is when we just started a new round, I completed 3 wins in a row - and Mariner pops up! Forget the long attempts of 30-40 wins in a row using the dilithium crutch to keep them alive, it seems the streaks really don't matter.

As for voyages, I can run 10 hours easy without a token, and there have been many times I've never hit a 4* crew. Have yet to see the hide-and-seek Chakotay, but it's rumored that he may show up next Halloween.

As for the FBB, my fleet has dwindled to a small (but reliable) group, and we just don't have the resources to get past the 2nd "normal" challenge. I think that it might be a nice tweak that based on the number of users in your fleet, that some damage is retained between sessions so that eventually you can take them down.

There are plenty of other things I'd like to see cleaned up, but this thread is all about the cold and unforgiving RNG that seems to always know what you're looking for - and never gives it to you.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    @Admiral Hess

I looked at normal FBB , I don't remember battling with a 3 star ship. I think this is new.

If it is the same as NM and UNM now, you will need to solve all node levels to do 50% of damage. In NM and UNM it looks like you have finished them all , but if you click view you will see one more level to complete . When completed the node solving will damage the fleet boss by 50%.

To make sure all levels are complete, just hit view when you think you are done. If the seats are empty you got one more to do.

Check in ready room for advice on what crew and ship will give the most damage.

Edit yes idid battle using a 3* ship
    Klingon K't'inga with Kang, Ev Tuvok, O'Brien(repair) I initially controlled the battle manually then I clicked on auto. I think I needed to make sure Kang got activated after cloak first before any other. Then, I hit the ships immediate attack.
    Once the shields are down I hit O'Brien.
    after which when Kang is at 3seconds time left I clicked on auto.

I also believe there is a 5th level of nodes to do once you complete the 4. Click view and do the last . Once completed clicking view will show all seats filled.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    RNG giveth and RNG taketh. I just finished my craziest gauntlet match ever. I went a perfect 143/143. My first five rounds were a perfect 25 wins taking each crew to fully exhausted. I mistimed my last round and didn't give myself enough time to refresh to make it a perfect 150.

Care to guess how many crew I won for my 143 streak and 3rd place finish?

5da21hr40qzl.jpg
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game needs an "anti bad luck" mechanism when spending dilithium. I get that you could have some bad luck, but spending dilithium (money) should come with some guarantee that you are improving your chances and eventually get what you are paying for. This goes for the faction store refresh (maybe spending should guarantee that you are not gonna get repeats and eventually find what you are looking for), and also for event packs (once I get 4 of the same purple, give me something else, I can't see Marshall of France Q without screaming at the screen anymore), and others
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, it would be nice if every gauntlet/voyage/store/whatever exclusive crew, would eventually be available by other means. If not in the portal, which I understand, maybe send them to the honor hall
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Captain's Log

I sent out some of my finest officers to assist my friend, Captain @Bylo Band, in Q's Ultimate Frisbee tournament. The team is reporting extreem success in the numbers of wins and in their ranking. I should hope so, considering the amount they are spending while there. However, even with that spending, the rewards they've received to this point have been underwhelming.

Unfortunately, not only were they put in a completely different completely different league as my friend, I've just been informed that even if they succeed and recruit this new mirror crew I've heard rumors about, there is no way I can transfer the crew to my friend.

In fact, I've been informed that if successful, we will need to freeze on on my faithful crew members, or throw someone out the airlock at warp 9.
  • Options
    The RNG gods taketh but also giveth. I was missing 3 Gauntlet crew, both Voyager exclusives, and mirror Tuvok. Yesterday, I got my first copy of Black from a 12 hr dilemma. Today at 6 hours, I got my second copy.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look who I grabbed out of the Faction shop today. Thankfully, I have more dilithium coming, because there is no way I'm not trying for Cole.
    1q6ikvsem8yi.png
    I also had a Portal with a behold, two good Begolds, and two bundles of good schematics.
    lqqp8vsvr8a1.png
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    Captain's Log, Stardate: Today+5

For the second consecutive day my crew faced exceptionally long odds before they even departed the starbase. I had a small army of Spocks, Janeways, T'Pols, and Datas reporting that this one would be even tougher. They are not prone to making excuses so I accepted their explanation.

rqpixuhf3xt8.jpg

For the second straight day my crew overcame the long odds, but for seemingly the 100th+ day they failed in their ultimate goal of locating Chakotay or Black.

w9danm7t6ax2.jpg

On their way back from the search I ordered them to visit a Terran pawn shop to look for Tuvok, but he was as always, absent.

tjk5qtfzk1h0.jpg

The away team I sent to play freeze tag with Q have thus far reported no difficulties.

Enjoying your report. Do you know of a list of which option(s) in which dilemmas at 6, 8, 10, and 12 hours give(s) you the best chance of getting a 4* (and hopefully a 5*)?
  • Options

For the second consecutive day my crew faced exceptionally long odds before they even departed the starbase. I had a small army of Spocks, Janeways, T'Pols, and Datas reporting that this one would be even tougher. They are not prone to making excuses so I accepted their explanation.

rqpixuhf3xt8.jpg

For the second straight day my crew overcame the long odds, but for seemingly the 100th+ day they failed in their ultimate goal of locating Chakotay or Black.

w9danm7t6ax2.jpg

On their way back from the search I ordered them to visit a Terran pawn shop to look for Tuvok, but he was as always, absent.

tjk5qtfzk1h0.jpg

The away team I sent to play freeze tag with Q have thus far reported no difficulties.

Enjoying your report. Do you know of a list of which option(s) in which dilemmas at 6, 8, 10, and 12 hours give(s) you the best chance of getting a 4* (and hopefully a 5*)?

I believe it's totally random based on RNGeesus.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

rqpixuhf3xt8.jpg

w9danm7t6ax2.jpg

tjk5qtfzk1h0.jpg

There are specific dilemmas that guarantee a minimum 3* or 4* crew. So far everyone who has reported a 5* crew got them on a 4* dilemma. WRG has said the crew is available from all dilemmas. But we're waiting on confirmation.

Here is the list of dilemmas.
    https://sttwiki.org/wiki/Dilemmas
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

rqpixuhf3xt8.jpg

w9danm7t6ax2.jpg

tjk5qtfzk1h0.jpg

There are specific dilemmas that guarantee a minimum 3* or 4* crew. So far everyone who has reported a 5* crew got them on a 4* dilemma. WRG has said the crew is available from all dilemmas. But we're waiting on confirmation.

Here is the list of dilemmas.
    https://sttwiki.org/wiki/Dilemmas

Thanks. I have had that dilemma tab open in my browser since the introduction of Chakotay. I was hoping there was a distilled list for just 4* dilemma.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I left Mirror Tuvok in the faction center in my 3rd account yesterday hoping that he would be there for @Bylo Band today. But, someone else must have intercepted him.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    Well I left Mirror Tuvok in the faction center in my 3rd account yesterday hoping that he would be there for @Bylo Band today. But, someone else must have intercepted him.

That was me. He immediately....

Went into a shuttle and not my next voyage.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Captain's Log, Stardate: Today+8

My crew who were given a second chance have failed in their redemption attempt. In fact, they did much worse than their first attempt, clearly they have learned nothing.

thy0kzopju6y.jpg

Once again they were compelled to do an additional 2 hours on the back end to cover the costs of Space AAA which they keep forcing me to use. And of course, they also failed to find Chakotay or Black.

sxe9dgkkai8j.jpg

We made a quick stop off at a Terran daycare to see if Tuvok was there dropping off one of his children. He was not.

pgsv3sdvgl05.jpg

Q's horseshoe tournament went well, my crew took home first place again. The grand prize was a dull pizza cutter.

t0nzauw1abyb.jpg
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might have had better luck seeking Tuvok in a Terran florist, getting something for T'Pel on Mother's Day.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Captain's Log, Stardate: Today+10

As ordered I assembled another crew of 12 officers and sent them out in search of Vori Defender Chakotay and Admiral Black. They successfully operated the ship bringing it back in pristine condition and with plenty of fuel to spare, sadly however they also brought it back with empty VIP quarters.

9elut514yt8x.jpg

I can also now report that an undercover away team posing as a Terran family have reported back. They were ordered to buy a home, maintain their cover, and wait for a troop of Terran Girl Scouts to come to their door selling cookies. Evidently Tuvok was not the chaperone for the sales team.

sk1a2la1n2la.jpg

Q's cocktail competition just concluded and our Guinan evidently made the meanest π & π and won first place. The grand prize this time was an assortment of burned pumpkin seeds.

8rv44nfiz0q5.jpg
  • Options
    Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    @Bylo Band

🤣🤣🤣

bletopqwscgk.jpg

To paraphrase a tortured Picard, "I see FOUR Tuvoks."

There probably are five Tuvoks though! - even more 😄

💡💡💡💡
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    The key to getting gauntlet crew is not to win the gauntlet itself. Streaks of 3 and finishing in 11th has been far more successful for me.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no rhyme or reason to the gauntlet. I only got 1 Archer (no other gauntlet crew while he was featured) and had only gotten 1 Mariner, then within the past 24 hours I received a second copy of Mariner and 2 copies of Locutus (sadly they were copies 17 & 18, but I'll take the honor). The three recent rewards were from a 15-streak, a 15-streak, and a 42-streak. I got nothing from back-to-back top-10 finishes.