Home The Bridge

December 2017 Production Update

Comments

• I'll wait to see what a small reduction means, if it adds purple crew all accept it, if we get a chance for a gold crew (far fetched I know) I'll do the happy dance for the change.

In the end besides a collection game, it's also a resource management game. Whatever change will impact on a group of the player base who is short on that resource while making others happy.

One thing to remember is that those who are happy with the change will never be as vocal as those who are not happy with the change. Therefore I always disregard most negative posts until after I've seen the actual change take place.

On that note, there is nothing wrong with releasing update notes in advance with the actual changes, just saying.

• Extended Events
    • We heard your feedback regarding extended events over holidays. They can feel extra grindy
    ^ this is the issue
    and you’re not getting additional rewards.
    ^ this is an entirely separate issue
    We’re not changing the schedule, but what we can do is give you additional threshold rewards you can unlock.
    *will do
    Try it out and let us know what you think.

We have and we have. Trying it again with more rewards won't change that most of us think events are too long. Splinting my leg doesn't fix my arm. ;)
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know what would balance out the lost chrons for me in Voyages? 3 star components and equipment. Right now 0/1/2 stuff falls, but in later hours, 2s the ceiling (least as far as I can see), 4's fall from special dilemmas. Not saying make it rain 3 star alcohol, but that would make it so I can keep leveling crew and it doesn't let folks hoard as easily for Galaxies hurting DBs bottom line......
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    @Shan

If true, making the existing threshold rewards more difficult to obtain, while not adding any additional rewards is rather puzzling. It doesn't jive with what was originally stated and will only serve to antagonize the player base.

Can you confirm that this is the case and if so, pass on that the players will be extremely upset by this pseudo solution that only makes things worse and does nothing to help us.

Thank you.
  • Erin,
    these state of the game post are suboptimal. You drop them and then ignore the follow-up. You have done enough of these now that I feel comfortable in saying this pattern is not working.

As for the threshold rewards, “Rewards will take longer to unlock” to me was refereance to more reward not that they are making the current reward harder to get. They will take longer to unlock all of them because there are more of them. So players may be getting upset for nothing. It would be nice if Erin or someone from DB would have clarified once they noticed the thread going for days.....
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Erin,
    these state of the game post are suboptimal. You drop them and then ignore the follow-up. You have done enough of these now that I feel comfortable in saying this pattern is not working.

As for the threshold rewards, “Rewards will take longer to unlock” to me was refereance to more reward not that they are making the current reward harder to get. They will take longer to unlock all of them because there are more of them. So players may be getting upset for nothing. It would be nice if Erin or someone from DB would have clarified once they noticed the thread going for days.....

A poster named DScottHewitt has mentioned a follow up announcement that says no new rewards several times. If he is trolling us then he deserves a ban.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grant77 wrote: »
    Erin,

A poster named DScottHewitt has mentioned a follow up announcement that says no new rewards several times. If he is trolling us then he deserves a ban.

To quote Shan from another thread.
    Shan wrote: »
    Event Name: Reflections
    Event Type: Hybrid Event Faction/Expedition
    Event Crew: Mirror Beverly Crusher 5* (New), Mirror Mayweather 4* (New), Mirror Uhura 4* (Existing)
    Event Dates: Thursday 12/21 until Tuesday 12/26
    Event Phase Change: Saturday 12/23

Mega Event recurrent featured crew: Mirror Jean-Luc Picard 5* (New)

Due to the extended duration, the thresholds for unlocking rewards have been increased, and additional threshold rewards have been added.

So there are additional rewards available, but it sounds like they've been put in the middle with the final 4* pushed to a higher target.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    as far as it goes, I have never seen this elusive Gia Odo

He was a threshold reward in the Guilty as Charged event back in September. I would presume most of the players who were around then have him FFed.

And, have they updated the Portals with Crew that new yet? Was he on the latest list of added Crew?

Scott

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    Erin,

Excuse me?!?!? I don't even know you. I have NOT been "trolling" anything.

We all used to be able to have opinions on this Forum. That has died now.

Everyone have a nice day.

Scott

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    Erin,

BTW, Can you please quote me where I said that? Because I am pretty sure I never said that. I said it was wrong to move the goalposts for Threshold Rewards. I know I said that. {And some people even seem to agree I was right it is wrong.} But, I do not recall saying anything about an announcement that said there are no new rewards. If I did, I apologize, and must have misspoke.

Scott

as far as it goes, I have never seen this elusive Gia Odo

He was a threshold reward in the Guilty as Charged event back in September. I would presume most of the players who were around then have him FFed.

And, have they updated the Portals with Crew that new yet? Was he on the latest list of added Crew?

Scott

I've gotten him on a Voyage. All the 2s seem to have been added right away.
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    AviTrek wrote: »
    If any of the two holiday events are going to be Faction, please don't extend them. I am Captain level 60 and still struggle to get the last few thresholds. I was looking forward to actually finishing all of them.

Adding a new threshold only gives you something else to earn with the extra day. You can still finish exactly what you normally finish, but now you have a chance to finish something extra on top of that.

Except they announced today they moved the goalposts for the EXISTING Threshold Rewards......

Scott

I found this information misleading and it led several people astray, especially since we couldn't locate Shan's post in another thread. They are actually adding new rewards, so this complaining was not justified.

If it was simply a case of bad wording that confused people then I apologize for the wording that I used.
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    a
    If any of the two holiday events are going to be Faction, please don't extend them. I am Captain level 60 and still struggle to get the last few thresholds. I was looking forward to actually finishing all of them.

Adding a new threshold only gives you something else to earn with the extra day. You can still finish exactly what you normally finish, but now you have a chance to finish something extra on top of that.

Except they announced today they moved the goalposts for the EXISTING Threshold Rewards......

Scott

I found this information misleading and it led several people astray, especially since we couldn't locate Shan's post in another thread. They are actually adding new rewards, so this complaining was not justified.

If it was simply a case of bad wording that confused people then I apologize for the wording that I used.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/2264/key-information-about-next-week-s-event-reflections-12-21/p1
    Due to the extended duration, the thresholds for unlocking rewards have been increased, and additional threshold rewards have been added.

There's your post from Shan. If that's merely bad wording, it's sure been allowed to exist uncorrected for quite some time, with plenty of censoring since the complaints came about.
    edited December 2017

Scott

Event Name: Reflections
    Event Type: Hybrid Event Faction/Expedition
    Event Crew: Mirror Beverly Crusher 5* (New), Mirror Mayweather 4* (New), Mirror Uhura 4* (Existing)
    Event Dates: Thursday 12/21 until Tuesday 12/26
    Event Phase Change: Saturday 12/23

Mega Event recurrent featured crew: Mirror Jean-Luc Picard 5* (New)

If I am the one who misread that FINAL sentence then I apologize. But it sure SOUNDS "the thresholds for unlocking rewards has been increased" means what I took it to mean. {If the "regular" Threshold Rewards are NOT having their Target Points increased {Which is how I took that statement} then my bad.} I do apologize if I am wrong. But, my misunderstanding a communication that can read that exact way is NOT "trolling". It is me expressing my opinion about what was APPARENTLY posted. Will happen again. Because I am Human......

Scott

EDIT TO ADD: "Final" to indicate which post I thought meant that goals for Threshold Rewards had been increased.

EDIT AGAIN TO ADD WHERE THE POST WAS:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/2264/key-information-about-next-week-s-event-reflections-12-21/p1
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    a

Scott

There's your post from Shan. If that's merely bad wording, it's sure been allowed to exist uncorrected for quite some time, with plenty of censoring since the complaints came about.
    a

Scott

There's no bad wording. It's just that only half of what Shan said was posted here, so some of us took it completely out of context.

The takeaway point here is that there are additional rewards (yay!), but that was somehow left out. This is a positive for everyone who has played for more than a month or two and it's neutral at worst for them.
    a

Scott

a

Scott

There's no bad wording. It's just that only half of what Shan said was posted here, so some of us took it completely out of context.

The takeaway point here is that there are additional rewards (yay!), but that was somehow left out. This is a positive for everyone who has played for more than a month or two and it's neutral at worst for them.

Another take away {which is the one I commented on} is that {apparently} the Threshold Rewards will take more Points to get. {The Threshold Rewards that are already in place.} Now, I may have read it wrong. However, they DID greatly increase the Targets for the Community Rewards during the Galaxy Event over Thanksgiving Weekend......

So, it is not totally impossible that the way I read that last sentence of her post is exactly what it meant......

Scott

edited December 2017
    @Grant77 I'm breaking the wall of quotes, it's not helpful. There's nothing taken out of context I (and Scott) quoted all, not half, of what Shan said.

That is 100% of the text, and is a two part statement. Just like the long galaxy event that "community thresholds have been increased", requiring a higher (increased) threshold to obtain the same rewards.

Then comes an and, an additional qualifier separate from the first half of the sentence. Here, after the thresholds have been drawn out (increased), new rewards are added.

So there is no neutral here, the implication is that there is an extra day added to the event, and we're expected to use that extra day to reach the same threshold rewards we got before but the distance between thresholds has been increased.

If the target hasn't been moved, this could have been easily cleared up with a 30 second posting. We know DB is aware of this and has been active on the forums, we've had responses and snipping. It is more than reasonable to assume the common interpretation of that blurb is the correct one.
    a

Scott

a

Scott

Another take away {which is the one I commented on} is that {apparently} the Threshold Rewards will take more Points to get. {The Threshold Rewards that are already in place.} Now, I may have read it wrong. However, they DID greatly increase the Targets for the Community Rewards during the Galaxy Event over Thanksgiving Weekend......

So, it is not totally impossible that the way I read that last sentence of her post is exactly what it meant......

Scott

It's also possible due to the way it is worded that you both are correct. There may be additional rewards added, and it may be that existing prizes have had their VP cost increased. The way I read it is both.

Unfortunately no one from DB is wading back into the fray (armour must be in the shop or getting the tomatoes cleaned out from the last time), so we have to wait til the Wednesday noon DB time to find out the skinny.

• Chrons can be used to get credits. But you can't call it balancing, cause chrons also provide much needed items.
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    @Grant77 I'm breaking the wall of quotes, it's not helpful. There's nothing taken out of context I (and Scott) quoted all, not half, of what Shan said.

That is 100% of the text, and is a two part statement. Just like the long galaxy event that "community thresholds have been increased", requiring a higher (increased) threshold to obtain the same rewards.

Then comes an and, an additional qualifier separate from the first half of the sentence. Here, after the thresholds have been drawn out (increased), new rewards are added.

So there is no neutral here, the implication is that there is an extra day added to the event, and we're expected to use that extra day to reach the same threshold rewards we got before but the distance between thresholds has been increased.

If the target hasn't been moved, this could have been easily cleared up with a 30 second posting. We know DB is aware of this and has been active on the forums, we've had responses and snipping. It is more than reasonable to assume the common interpretation of that blurb is the correct one.

I don't know what you are trying to argue here. By snipping a quote in half and not including the good part, you are putting negative spin on a very positive change. Context is sometimes just as important as the words in the quote.

It's like if they said this and you only quote the first part.

"We're shutting down voyages for 24 hours."
    "As compensation we're giving you all 5000 chrons"
    edited December 2017
    You want to show me where anything is snipped in half? Is somehow mirror crusher and uhura are event crew relevant?
    brnurx6axr6y.png

I don't know what you are trying to argue here. By snipping a quote in half and not including the good part, you are putting negative spin on a very positive change. Context is sometimes just as important as the words in the quote.

I quoted the WHOLE post. So, have a nice day.

Scott

• Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭

I quoted the WHOLE post. So, have a nice day.

Scott

You referenced only the first part, not the entire thing. Hence the confusion.

Look, you made a misleading statement and apologized for it. I accept your apology. I should have looked harder for the original post.

This should be the end of the issue. Moving on.
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    You want to show me where anything is snipped in half? Is somehow mirror crusher and uhura are event crew relevant?
    brnurx6axr6y.png

I don't think you even understood what the issue was to begin with because nothing you have said makes even the slightest bit of sense. Sorry that you have wasted your time.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Changing the topic back to the original post...

There is an awful lot of discussion on downsizing useful chronotons and increasing useless credits. That subject is basically dead until it happens.

I would like to know what people know or believe about having voyages as a daily task. It seemed like a great idea until I thought of those who send out day-long voyages. How will that affect them? (It won't affect me for a while. Only today did I manage to get a third voyage to the second dilemma.)

Also if it is a daily task, what will be removed? We already have 10 tasks.
    Changing the topic back to the original post...

There is an awful lot of discussion on downsizing useful chronotons and increasing useless credits. That subject is basically dead until it happens.

I would like to know what people know or believe about having voyages as a daily task. It seemed like a great idea until I thought of those who send out day-long voyages. How will that affect them? (It won't affect me for a while. Only today did I manage to get a third voyage to the second dilemma.)

Also if it is a daily task, what will be removed? We already have 10 tasks.

Why does it have to be limited to 10? Just cause there are 10 now does not mean it has to always be just 10.

Also, could the daily task be, pass a dilemma? That would not punish folks who do day + long voyages. It would be pretty ignorant of them to make launch a voyage a task at this point.

Though, and my memory could be failing, wasn't it achievements where new voyage stuff would be added?
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was achievement AND daily task. I could be wrong.

The problem with pass a dilemma is that new people with new crew could never get it.

I have met all daily challenges for the past two and a half months (though I forgot to collect on it one day--still upset at myself for that). The daily task has to be something achievable even on day 1.