Home The Bridge

What Happens When DB Runs Out Of Characters

Comments

• ud85bdb35ozu.jpg

Romulan Ambassador Nanclus

4wgvfkhcvr66.jpg

“You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    As long as All Good Things Picard (Future) is still out there they havent come close to running out.
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB could always produce different versions of Janeway so they will never run out of characters.
  • In a nutshell the game will collapse before they run out of characters lol
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stardate 48315.6 Janeway
    Stardate 48439.7 Janeway
    Stardate 48532.4 Janeway.... You get the idea
  • If DB would ever run out, they could always "borrow" from other franchises...

Behold! Mirror Skywalker:

zjogikcanvdc.jpg

In the immortal words of Spock: "Live long and prosper"
  • Uhura from TMP

8bjdowusaebz.jpg
    “You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
  • rzcrg6t8wd7x.jpg

Balok
  • j1dywpb58q6m.jpg

Dr. Sevrin - Brilliant acoustics and communications scientist, as well as charismatic leader, who started a back-to-nature movement called One.
  • hlv5mqg9ygt8.jpg

Commander Shelby very, energetic, extremely motivated and ambitious Starfleet officer.

dd63j914ffap.jpg

• Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    In a nutshell the game will collapse before they run out of characters lol

That's very true. And the week they close down the game, they will be offering new crew that same week and then quietly shut down the servers.

I can't image they would announce the game closing in advance because it would stop people from buying if they knew their purchases would be deleted in a couple days.

• The Sheliak Corporate

q3h8cggjc31c.jpg
  • Ace BoogieAce Boogie ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    The Sheliak Corporate

q3h8cggjc31c.jpg

Another good suggestion TEC. My favorites were the Orion girls and Xenia Onatopp.

The purpose of this post was to point out that from my stand point DB was running out of cards that I wanted and that it was possible other players felt the same. I clearly failed to get this point across.

I knew that there were many options left and even if there weren’t, DB would make them up. We had just come off of the Mirror Mega with a made of Janeway that looked like Auron from Ffx.

xhxn08cflqgl.png

I still feel the same although the last couple events have been better imho. These are some of the recent that were memorable and desirable to me.

Martian Quark - B
    Bajorian Dukat - A+
    Victorian Pulaski - A
    Leonardo - B
    Honey Bare - A+
    Barclay - C
    Formal Scotty - C glad they added him though.

Since honey bare these are the one of interest to me. They can keep most of the mirror and andorian mega event. Opinions are like elbows, we all have em!
  • 32pzwiy2vx1l.jpg

Colonel Lovok was an influential member of the Romulan Tal Shiar,
  • No offense, but this was really a ridiculous thread. Within the mains, you have a multitude of variants from across all manner of media. Then you have the one offs say like the hortas and so forth which I am sure can number in the thousands alone. Once there, we can go Alice 689, 690, 691 etc and Norman. Oh and while we are on mudd, ugly mudds woman and pretty mudds as well as the husbands.....

Get the point?
  • WundigoreWundigore ✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Ace Boogie wrote: »
    There will come a time when there are no more new characters to release. We are at the 2 year mark with 475 in the vault. So let’s just say 200/year. That is clearly not sustainable in the long run and I feel it’s not sustainable in the short run either.

I’ve watched almost every episode from every series and while there may be some cards that I still want most have already been released.

The rapid release of characters benefits them financially. It may just be smart business to blow through their “resources” and then get out. So the next step is putting out non cannon or obscure cards?

I would propose releasing only one new card per event and slowing down the non event card offers. It would reduce revenue, but would most likely keep the game relevant longer. Another possible workout around for this mismanagement would be to release legendary versions of the common and uncommon crew we all love so much.

Hopefully there will be some changes before the game is deluded by augment rikers. What’s next non-cannon comic versions of Janeway! ;)

I have thought this too. It has made me wonder why they release characters people would want in packs only like Armed Georgiou, Dr. Culber, Defensive Phlox....They should save those characters for events so the new event crew machine can keep turning

You can get event crew free. Pack only characters are the money makers.
  • DRT wrote: »
    No offense, but this was really a ridiculous thread. Within the mains, you have a multitude of variants from across all manner of media. Then you have the one offs say like the hortas and so forth which I am sure can number in the thousands alone. Once there, we can go Alice 689, 690, 691 etc and Norman. Oh and while we are on mudd, ugly mudds woman and pretty mudds as well as the husbands.....

Get the point?

No offense but you don’t get the point. Some may salivate and spend money on obscure bs but I dont think the majority will. Compared to truely iconic cards these are the leftovers.
  • No fear here, many great new crew to come!
  • DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    v2t4do1esndh.jpeg

There’s plenty. Your honor, exhibit A
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    DRT wrote: »
    No offense, but this was really a ridiculous thread. Within the mains, you have a multitude of variants from across all manner of media. Then you have the one offs say like the hortas and so forth which I am sure can number in the thousands alone. Once there, we can go Alice 689, 690, 691 etc and Norman. Oh and while we are on mudd, ugly mudds woman and pretty mudds as well as the husbands.....

Get the point?

No offense but you don’t get the point. Some may salivate and spend money on obscure *marinating tofu* but I dont think the majority will. Compared to truely iconic cards these are the leftovers.

Depends on your definition of Iconic is. If you're that strict about it, then the game jumped the shark on launch.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »

Get the point?

No offense but you don’t get the point. Some may salivate and spend money on obscure *marinating tofu* but I dont think the majority will. Compared to truely iconic cards these are the leftovers.

Depends on your definition of Iconic is. If you're that strict about it, then the game jumped the shark on launch.

I got to thinking about this earlier today when there was a Star Wars marathon playing in the background during family festivities. Boba Fett is one of the most beloved and iconic characters in the entire SW universe despite appearing across a handful of scenes in two of eight films (as an adult) and uttering only four lines total. Just because someone doesn’t get heavily featured doesn’t make them necessarily less iconic than a main character.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Get the point?

I got to thinking about this earlier today when there was a Star Wars marathon playing in the background during family festivities. Boba Fett is one of the most beloved and iconic characters in the entire SW universe despite appearing across a handful of scenes in two of eight films (as an adult) and uttering only four lines total. Just because someone doesn’t get heavily featured doesn’t make them necessarily less iconic than a main character.

That female that was standing on the ridge watching the pod race also became huge. Very limited edition action figure.

Get the point?

That female that was standing on the ridge watching the pod race also became huge. Very limited edition action figure.

I’m afraid I'll have to take your word for it...I’ve tried to blank out large portions of Episode I from my memory. :smile:

Get the point?

I’m afraid I'll have to take your word for it...I’ve tried to blank out large portions of Episode I from my memory. :smile:

Yes, I am one of the very few who thought 1-3 was WAY better than 4-6. And yes, I was around for them all. In fact I saw all six in the same theatre, covering about a 30 year period.

Get the point?

Yes, I am one of the very few who thought 1-3 was WAY better than 4-6. And yes, I was around for them all. In fact I saw all six in the same theatre, covering about a 30 year period.

I liked 3, much of 2, and selected parts of 1. I really liked 1 when it came out but upon re-watching again on VHS it was a totally different experience...one without the excitement of a new film for the first time since before I was born. :/

Get the point?

I liked 3, much of 2, and selected parts of 1. I really liked 1 when it came out but upon re-watching again on VHS it was a totally different experience...one without the excitement of a new film for the first time since before I was born. :/

I just loved the fact that there were Jedi all over the galaxy. Another point was Liam Neeson was so good as Qui-Gonn. I remember sitting there thinking I can’t believe I’m here seeing a brand new Star Wars movie

• PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you edit out, the Gungans, and most scenes with Natalie Portman, oh and Pod race and a few other parts Ep I is enjoyable

I was cheering up til they landed on Naboo. Midway though seeing the rest of the film in the theatre I was in the film broke. When someone came out to tell folks it would be fixed shortly, over half the crowd said "nevermind" and left. I kinda wish I'd joined them, cause really the light saber battle at the end was the only thing worthwhile. That starship combat and Anakins landing attack were just Adam West (RIP) campy.
  • Ace Boogie wrote: »
    There will come a time when there are no more new characters to release. We are at the 2 year mark with 475 in the vault. So let’s just say 200/year. That is clearly not sustainable in the long run and I feel it’s not sustainable in the short run either.

I’ve watched almost every episode from every series and while there may be some cards that I still want most have already been released.

The rapid release of characters benefits them financially. It may just be smart business to blow through their “resources” and then get out. So the next step is putting out non cannon or obscure cards?

I would propose releasing only one new card per event and slowing down the non event card offers. It would reduce revenue, but would most likely keep the game relevant longer. Another possible workout around for this mismanagement would be to release legendary versions of the common and uncommon crew we all love so much.

Hopefully there will be some changes before the game is deluded by augment rikers. What’s next non-cannon comic versions of Janeway! ;)

Star trek is a HUUUUUUGGGGEEEE Universe!
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this thread still going? Die thread, DIE! LOL
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    Is this thread still going? Die thread, DIE! LOL

The line must be drawn here. This far. No further.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.