Home The Bridge

What Happens When DB Runs Out Of Characters

123457»

Comments

• PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look, your broke your little threads...
  • l4krely8v3na.jpg

Andrea the Android

So many sentient life like Androids on TOS I never really understood how Soong was able to make the claims he did about Data and or claims Data made about himself and no one said "but Data......."
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    l4krely8v3na.jpg

Andrea the Android

So many sentient life like Androids on TOS I never really understood how Soong was able to make the claims he did about Data and or claims Data made about himself and no one said "but Data......."

Same way Jobs claimed to invented portable digital music.
    He just did it in a way that was more user friendly, lol
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still playing. We've had The Caretaker, Captain Beverley Picard, Surak, Amanda Grayson, Satan's Robot, Mariachi Q, Dress Uniform Scotty, Tourist Quark, Tsunkatse Seven, Bajoran Dukat - all of whom have massive fan bases - since then, plus a multitude of other characters people like personally, since you posted this thread.

Other favourites of mine are Nurse Faith Garland, Dr Gillian Taylor, Victorian Pulaski, Time Loop Mudd, Resistance Neelix, Away Team Saru, Tora Ziyal, and Friar Tuck Data. Many of whom I wouldn't have picked personally to go in the game, but have been a really cool and welcome addition. There's plenty to go yet!
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    l4krely8v3na.jpg

Andrea the Android

It occurs to me that the androids seen in TOS all had either a fundamental flaw (Rayna Kapec) or weren’t necessarily fully aware (the Stella line). Maybe I think this because I haven’t gotten around to rewatching the series in its entirety, or maybe it’s that Data is the first android that was fully sentient, fully independent, and didn’t go crazy and shut down.