Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: The Honor Of Andoria + Faction Event Change - Edited

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2018 in The Bridge
Event Name: The Honor of Andoria
Event Type: Faction Event
Event Crew: Away Team Saru 5* (New), Commander Thelin 4* (New) and Commando Shran 4* (Existing)
Event Dates: Thursday 02/08 until Monday 02/12

Mega Event recurrent featured crew: Prisoner Katrina Cornwell 5* (Existing)

Important We are making a change to Faction Events, starting with this event there will only be 6 unique missions instead of the usual 10. This will also apply to Hybrid Events with a Faction Event. Edit: This change will not apply to Faction Events involving only 1 faction. This change will also apply to Faction Events involving 1 faction. We apologize for the earlier miscommunication. This change is being made as an effort to reduce server lag during events. We will evaluate the effects and make changes as necessary. Please note this will not affect existing/re-run events that already have more than 6 unique missions.

Event factions
Terran Empire, Augments, Maquis

Bonus crew:
• high bonus: event crew and Prisoner Katrina Cornwell
• small bonus: variants of Saru, variants of Shran, crew with the Andorian trait and all Discovery crew.

List of current additional Discovery crew:
First Officer Burnham
Graduation Michael Burnham
Tactical Michael Burnham
Prisoner Michael Burnham
Dr. Hugh Culber
Prisoner Katrina Cornwell
Desert Philippa Georgiou
Armed Philippa Georgiou
Captain Lorca
Vengeful L'Rell
Harcourt Fenton Mudd
Torchbearer Rejac
Sarek
Lieutenant Commander Saru
First Officer Saru
Reinforcements Stamets
Ripper
Cadet Sylvia Tilly
T'Kuvma
Celebratory Ash Tyler
Lt. Ash Tyler
Torchbearer Voq

Unfused stats

Away Team Saru
FE 1/5 level 100
CMD 318 (30-110)
SEC 639 (74-149)
SCI 805 (155-397)

Commander Thelin
FE 1/4 level 100
CMD 377 (102-243)
SEC 102 (135-295)
SCI 619 (96-217)

Commando Shran
FE 1/4 level 100
CMD 455 (114-239)
DIP 198 (144-282)
SEC 375 (89-182)

Expedition Shran
FE 1/3 level 100
CMD 190 (17-65)
DIP 447 (87-179)
SEC 245 (97-209)

Comments

• well seems i need to level up my First Officer Saru
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm, 6 three seat missions I hope.
  • Yay! An easy pass for me. Have Shran. Don't care for TAS or STD. That said, Thelin is an interesting choice. So thumbs up for that at least.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope Shran is threshold, but either way I'm getting an Andorian, so I'm happy :)

The change to Faction events though will affect the kickstart...so that's sad
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP kickstart
  • Commander Thelin 4* (New) is awesome! More from TAS :) I like Saru, just not super excited about him. Now I have an excuse to finish my Commando Shran though, so that's pretty cool!
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amphistaff wrote: »
    RIP kickstart

But we get to save merits by not needing to open as many missions throughout the event.
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    RIP kickstart

But we get to save merits by not needing to open as many missions throughout the event.

Not really a bottleneck, is it?
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Event Crew: Away Team Saru 5* (New), Commander Thelin 4* (New) and Commando Shran 4* (Existing)

Important We are making a change to Faction Events, starting with this event there will only be 6 unique missions instead of the usual 10. This will also apply to Hybrid Events with a Faction Event.

Shan, when there was a 1 faction event, it usually had 20 missions, while the 3 faction event had 10 for each faction(for a total of 30 missions). I assume your comment of reducing from 10 to 6 applies to 3 faction events. What will the number be for 1 faction events? Thanks.
  • The Great GornholioThe Great Gornholio ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    RIP kickstart

That is true! Either way it's cool with me. I used the kickstart myself, but I'm ok with it being nerfed. Maybe I won't hit every Threshold reward except the 250K the second day now lol. Also, I get to save Dilithium by not running the Thursday Cadet missions twice! Sweet!
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan, when there was a 1 faction event, it usually had 20 missions, while the 3 faction event had 10 for each faction(for a total of 30 missions). I assume your comment of reducing from 10 to 6 applies to 3 faction events. What will the number be for 1 faction events? Thanks.

She said it also applies to hybrid events and those are always single faction, so...
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, this is going to go over terribly. This might be the straw that kicks me out of participating in any events and eventually the game. No kick start, no options, super low points from the shuttles in already unbalanced galaxy faction hybrids.
    This is clearly to force purchasing of boosts, and super emphasize galaxies and force purchasing of chrons in galaxies.

DB had better have another event type ready to come out. I see this impacting a lot of people very negatively and the game as whole.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, I can't get this out of my head now:

Will the art for the TOS/TAS Andorians have antennae on the back of their head or will they be ret-conned to have them on the forehead like ENT/DIS Andorians?
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • I haven't watched TAS, but from his Memory Alpha write-up Commander Thelin seems like an inspired choice. Also great to get the existing Shran - I have him at 1/4 and I've been wanting to complete him. As for a 5* Saru, that's also awesome: he's easily my favourite character from the new series, as authentic a Starfleet officer as we've seen in Trek.

I'm pretty happy today.

• Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    They finally found a way to get Faction events as monetized as Galaxy events are. You know that there will be a lot of people who still do the quick start. They'll just use dilithium to instantly complete the shuttles until they get to 4000 VP.

As soon as they figure out how to monetize Expedition events to be equally profitable, expect those to return.
  • AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP kickstart

If you're in gauntlet you shouldn't be having any merit problems. If you are merit broke I'm happy to offer some playstyle suggestions for gauntlet that should help you (the basic trick is don't play for streaks).
  • So will there be any strategy to Faction events now? In a 1-faction Hybrid event, will we now have 6 missions to pick from? :D
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

Important We are making a change to Faction Events, starting with this event there will only be 6 unique missions instead of the usual 10. This will also apply to Hybrid Events with a Faction Event.

I will ask confirmation on that.
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    No more strategy, high failure rates, extremely few options to populate shuttles, identical results for everybody, more pain from the RNG, very painful and slow start. We'll see if they bother to fix this or make it less painful, but ruining the only event I liked could be enough to make me finish losing that last bit of interest and freeing me from this work we misname a game.
  • No more strategy, high failure rates, extremely few options to populate shuttles, identical results for everybody, more pain from the RNG, very painful and slow start. We'll see if they bother to fix this or make it less painful, but ruining the only event I liked could be enough to make me finish losing that last bit of interest and freeing me from this work we misname a game.

The funny thing is... had I known they were canning the kickstart I wouldn't have spend money on the 2/5 Scotty deal. I love Star Trek and Scotty is simply all that and a bag of chips but... Well, DB just does more wrong than right it's getting harder to keep playing.

On the plus side though, my roster is more than deep enough to just go monthly card only and still rank well.
  • ahahah if they are going with the Cartoon Thelin..... then Scotty "sorta" has a 2nd event since Doohan voiced him..
    nhwdiq7fux3s.png
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Away Team Saru should have like 1500 security at least. The guy is super tough! If we are only getting 6 faction missions there had better not be those terrible 5 crew needed shuttles that are just killers.
    Let’s fly!
  • I'd love to be educated on what exactly was "broken" with Faction events that necessitated such a shift?
    [GoT] Drunk Shimoda
    GoT Chief Communications Officer
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shan what's the motivation or what are the goals behind the shuttle change?
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!