Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: The Honor Of Andoria + Faction Event Change - Edited

Comments

• ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    ahahah if they are going with the Cartoon Thelin..... then Scotty "sorta" has a 2nd event since Doohan voiced him..
    nhwdiq7fux3s.png

As he did for Arex:

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Arex

I wonder if 4* Lieutenant Arex Na Eth might be considered a variant for this event, being the only other TAS card in the game so far. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    ahahah if they are going with the Cartoon Thelin..... then Scotty "sorta" has a 2nd event since Doohan voiced him..
    nhwdiq7fux3s.png

As he did for Arex:

I wonder if 4* Lieutenant Arex Na Eth might be considered a variant for this event, being the only other TAS card in the game so far. 🖖🏻

Nah, that'd be fun, even make some sense and give Arex some value. Even give some reason to collect those odd one offs in the future.
    However, we have two years of DB behavior contrary to this. So, nope, Arex won't cone into play, and almost certainly never will be event crew again.
  • Don't forget Lucien! he's from TAS too
    edited February 2018
    RJ Smooth wrote: »
    Don't forget Lucien! he's from TAS too

I did forget the centaur!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • SiblinSiblin ✭✭✭
    nhwdiq7fux3s.png

As he did for Arex:

Did he do it in in a vulcan accent? given how much his "Scottish" sounded Irish!
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    nhwdiq7fux3s.png

As he did for Arex:

Nah, that'd be fun, even make some sense and give Arex some value. Even give some reason to collect those odd one offs in the future.
    However, we have two years of DB behavior contrary to this. So, nope, Arex won't cone into play, and almost certainly never will be event crew again.

Nah, the TAS mega event is surely on the horizon.
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Satyr*

Centaurs have 4 horse legs, not 2 goat legs.

Also Centaurs don't have horns.

Also apparently I think this is important, sorry :P

If you hadn't said it, I would have. ;)
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Satyr*

Should get carried away into the Forbidden Forest for such a mistake.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a suspiciously large number of half-man half-animal creatures in Greek mythology... one has to wonder what those ancient Greeks were up to other than fighting off Persians and contemplating philosophy... just saying.

Considering how many ladies got it on with Zeus-as-animal...
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    So since Thelin was First Officer, as was Riker...

Not following your train of thought. Are you implying all Rikers should get a bonus? Seems like there are already enough bonus crew for this coming weekend's event.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m hoping Saru will be high SCI/COM. Those are hard to come by
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed but I hope he also has a 3rd skill so he's more useful in voyages.

Agreed but I hope he also has a 3rd skill so he's more useful in voyages.

He seems to be a decent diplomat
  • edited February 2018
    With all due respect, I hope this test fails for DB. The weird set of decisions, starting with the december Mega, forced 4 of our VIP14's, some with over 500k VIP pts, others with 350k and 250k, to stop spending completely, based on the decisions, problems, nerfs and CS answers.

I will still participate as well as I can, but I used to spend nothing and end up in top 250, but now I doubt I will hit 750, due to sheer RNG fails. I don't trust 90-95%+ missions anymore. I failed more of those than 66-85% ones.

I also quite like the event crew. Thelin is a big unknown for me, because I never managed to watch the TAS, as I am EU based.
    With all due respect, I hope this test fails for DB. The weird set of decisions, starting with the december Mega, forced 4 of our VIP14's, some with over 500k VIP pts, others with 350k and 250k, to stop spending completely, based on the decisions, problems, nerfs and CS answers.

I will still participate as well as I can, but I used to spend nothing and end up in top 250, but now I doubt I will hit 750, due to sheer RNG fails. I don't trust 90-95%+ missions anymore. I failed more of those than 66-85% ones.

I also quite like the event crew. Thelin is a big unknown for me, because I never managed to watch the TAS, as I am EU based.

I am going to give this event a full effort. I’m interested to see where I will place. With a full effort I am usually ranked in the 30’s

Magisse wrote: »

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Satyr*

Should get carried away into the Forbidden Forest for such a mistake.

:: hangs head half-goat-ishly ::
  • Satyrs? Their . . uh . . reputation is a bit different from Centaurs.

May as well go full Reg and bring in the Goddess of Empathy.
  • Who are the bonus crew? We typically have that information by now.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Who are the bonus crew? We typically have that information by now.

We usually get that info on Tuesday (late morning/early afternoon DB time). Since this is a mega event we do know that all crew from Star Trek Discovery and all Andorians are bonus crew for all four events and so is Admiral Cornwell, but won't know if any others are until tomorrow.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I am a little confused, will kickstart be completely out the window, or will doing the six missions in a kickstart manner, provide a minature kickstart so to speak?
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • There are two options for mini kickstart: One needs 5x1* boosts (after the first six 1 min shuttles returned) and 6x3* boost, this one needs 2x10 mins extra waiting. Other one needs 11x3* boosts (after 6+5 one mins shuttle returned). Both ends at 29th mission (2250 VP)
    Or you can send 18x3hours shuttle after the first 18 one mins but thats more boost and more extra time. That one land you at 3500VP, but cost you dil or extra 1,5 hours waiting between shuttles.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are two options for mini kickstart: One needs 5x1* boosts (after the first six 1 min shuttles returned) and 6x3* boost, this one needs 2x10 mins extra waiting. Other one needs 11x3* boosts (after 6+5 one mins shuttle returned). Both ends at 29th mission (2250 VP)
    Or you can send 18x3hours shuttle after the first 18 one mins but thats more boost and more extra time. That one land you at 3500VP, but cost you dil or extra 1,5 hours waiting between shuttles.
    Thanks,
    That sounds more appropriate to my level any way, so to clarify 6 - 1 min normal then 5 using 1* boost then 6 - 3* boosts is the order of play.

[was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has is been stated what factions are featured for this event? Is it just Federation?
  • Has is been stated what factions are featured for this event? Is it just Federation?

I'm pretty sure Shan said it was 3 factions, but they won't be revealed until after noon (EST) as usual.