Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: The Honor Of Andoria + Faction Event Change - Edited

Comments

• IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure how this might affect early spending in an event.

The opening will be similar to a 1/2 Faction Event.

Instead of opening 20 shuttles, you're opening 18. You do 10, open 6, do the remaining 8. The 30 shuttle rush becomes only 24. I don't know where that puts you VP wise. Probably only 1800 VP shuttles. I can't say for sure if there's a useful strategy involving 0/1/2* Speed-Ups which you'll need credits to buy.

DIL strategies aside, I can imagine this is a cost saving thing for DB since they'll spend less time creating shuttles missions as well as the aforementioned lesser strain on servers.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think performance will be impacted at all. You are still going to have the same number of people running the same number of shuttles.
  • i'm more wondering if this is because a performance issue because the game lags terribly hard during the first hour of shuttle events.

I'm thinking it is to reduce the work load of the writing staff (or is it just writer?) in putting out these weekly events. Plus now it is looking like mega events are now a regular rotation which needs 4 events with a common thread woven through them.
  • shan can you confirm if this upcoming event is a 3 or 1 faction event?
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guest  wrote: »
    i'm more wondering if this is because a performance issue because the game lags terribly hard during the first hour of shuttle events.

I'm thinking it is to reduce the work load of the writing staff (or is it just writer?) in putting out these weekly events. Plus now it is looking like mega events are now a regular rotation which needs 4 events with a common thread woven through them.

If that's the case just duplicate the missions so what if you have 2-3 of the same open nobody reads the narrative in Faction events anyway
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »
    das411 wrote: »
    ...did anyone else just buy a citation to get Shran up to 4/4 YESTERDAY or was it just me? :o

Considering the theme of the mega event, that was a risky move.

I know i know but i thought i'd be able to clear his slot and use it for the new female Andorian...but now it sounds like next week i'll need both! :s
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Oh man, I have Shran FF, I hope it's the other guy in the threshold.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    More information:

This event will involve 3 factions.

And the change to the number of unique faction mission is being made as an effort to reduce server lag during events. We will evaluate the effects and make changes as necessary.

• ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    And the change to the number of unique faction mission is being made as an effort to reduce server lag during events. We will evaluate the effects and make changes as necessary.

I hate to be the bearer of obvious news, but most companies, when facing a similar predicament, look for ways to scale up server resources rather than implement ways to reduce customer demand.

That is a fair point, and it is also something we are working on.
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018

I hate to be the bearer of obvious news, but most companies, when facing a similar predicament, look for ways to scale up server resources rather than implement ways to reduce customer demand.

This is what I came here to say. Obviously DB hasn't figured out how to use elastic services in AWS/Azure/Google, or server clustering or any private cloud capabilities in the extremely unlikely event anything is actually private.

Punishing players for a company's inability to scale only leads to losing players and a company unable to increase revenue stream. If DB can't scale for extremely predictable events, I have absolutely no idea how they ever expect to grow or take home any more money!
  • <TGE> Captain P<TGE> Captain P ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    More information:

Comment moderated. ˜Shan
    <TGE> The Gluten Empire
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    More information:

That’s good straight forward honesty Shan and very much appreciated. Thank you

• ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind that this is part of a multi-stage approach to performance improvements.
    We will monitor things on your end but your feedback will be very important as well for our assessments.
  • Shan wrote: »
    More information:

That’s good straight forward honesty Shan and very much appreciated. Thank you

Yes but what I don't get is... I haven't had that lag since the last update. The game loads super fast and I can open 30 transmissions as quickly as I can tap them. I surprised that lag is still an issue.
  • I guess my last post wasn't diplomatic enough. It is my opinion that this is a total money grab.
    <TGE> The Gluten Empire
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm more wondering if this is because a performance issue because the game lags terribly hard during the first hour of shuttle events.

It certainly used to, but more recently it's been running quite well during faction ramp up time so...
    (At least a lot of people have reported it being much improved and it has been for me as well)

• SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭

This is what I figured. I do appreciate you candidly answering the question. Thanks much!
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes but what I don't get is... I haven't had that lag since the last update. The game loads super fast and I can open 30 transmissions as quickly as I can tap them. I surprised that lag is still an issue.

You are but a small sample size. Doesn't mean others didn't see lag.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the worst possible start would now be 2 factions?

1 faction: 20 transmissions
    2 factions: 12 transmissions
    3 factions: 18 transmissions

That actually means 1 faction events, using the 20-11-1-9 strategy (those who know the kickstart understand me), will give the best start to 3500 VP shuttles straight. With 3 factions, unless using a ton of purple time boosts, 3500 VP straight isn't possible anymore, and with 2 factions I don't even wanna know. :D
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • NeemsNeems ✭✭✭
    So the worst possible start would now be 2 factions?

1 faction: 20 transmissions
    2 factions: 12 transmissions
    3 factions: 18 transmissions

That actually means 1 faction events, using the 20-11-1-9 strategy (those who know the kickstart understand me), will give the best start to 3500 VP shuttles straight. With 3 factions, unless using a ton of purple time boosts, 3500 VP straight isn't possible anymore, and with 2 factions I don't even wanna know. :D

I kickstart and do not understand "20-11-1-9". On single faction I open 20, do 10, open 10, do those 10, and then do the original leftover 10. That'd be 20-10-10-10, I guess? Where's the 11 and 1 coming from?
  • Away Team Saru should have like 1500 security at least. The guy is super tough! If we are only getting 6 faction missions there had better not be those terrible 5 crew needed shuttles that are just killers.

I guarantee it will be 6 horrible shuttle choices. You aren't going to see 2 or 3 seat shuttles where each seat has 1 skill in common. We'll end up with new 6 seat shuttles where each seat is a different skill. :p

But to help with the pain they will add the ability to slot 3 boosts per shuttle to deplete the supply of boosts and force purchasing more.

how about a 9slot shuttle?
    23m2qeh2ovge.png

this is what I collected a couple of weeks ago. Probably one of my shuttles had a flat tire and they hitchhiked on their way back.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I hope DB gets a cool pic of Saru on Pahvo to use for Away Team Saru.
    Let’s fly!
  • This is good news around the old Secret Journey house...it’s gonna be far quieter around here without the Tap Tap Tap Tap....
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Yes but what I don't get is... I haven't had that lag since the last update. The game loads super fast and I can open 30 transmissions as quickly as I can tap them. I surprised that lag is still an issue.

You are but a small sample size. Doesn't mean others didn't see lag.

True but... we all experience faster loading times so why is this any different?