Home The Bridge

500th Crew

Comments

• For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Seriously? It should be someone iconic and epic. Sarek is theoretically both those things, but only as Mark Lenard. DSC Sarek is just okay.

It honestly should have been Kirk, maybe Archer, or maybe someone like Surak that's essential to Star Trek lore.

EDIT: I would have preferred if they took suggestions/did a poll on the 500th crew instead. Have a first phase where everyone can submit nominations, then a second phase where the top nominations are put into a poll and the community decides. Then it really would have felt like a reward to the community for keeping the game going this long, instead of just another character DB's tossing in our general direction.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • It looks like Sarek taking a selfie!
  • EDIT: I would have preferred if they took suggestions/did a poll on the 500th crew instead. Have a first phase where everyone can submit nominations, then a second phase where the top nominations are put into a poll and the community decides. Then it really would have felt like a reward to the community for keeping the game going this long, instead of just another character DB's tossing in our general direction.

That would have been fantastic. Goodness knows there are enough posts on the forum of characters that we really want to see included.

If this is Kung Fu Sarek, it makes me feel like STT is scraping the bottom of the barrel... and that's in a game where we don't have freaking Kamin yet (Inner Light Picard).
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, then who might we expect in the Honour Hall? If the 500th character is free?

I would have said Surak, but if we’re getting what looks like hot garbage for a 500th who knows what we could get.
    edited February 2018
    EDIT: I would have preferred if they took suggestions/did a poll on the 500th crew instead. Have a first phase where everyone can submit nominations, then a second phase where the top nominations are put into a poll and the community decides. Then it really would have felt like a reward to the community for keeping the game going this long, instead of just another character DB's tossing in our general direction.

That would have been fantastic. Goodness knows there are enough posts on the forum of characters that we really want to see included.

If this is Kung Fu Sarek, it makes me feel like STT is scraping the bottom of the barrel... and that's in a game where we don't have freaking Kamin yet (Inner Light Picard).

I keep having to remind myself that Kamin isn't in the game. My default assumption is that of course one of the most iconic and beloved Picard episodes is represented! *sigh*

Kamin btw would also have been a wonderful choice for the 500th crew

What are the chances that DB is pulling a high-level stunt here and the silhouette is a red herring?

[had to edit out a "draft" of my earlier post that got stuck into this one]

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously? It should be someone iconic and epic. Sarek is theoretically both those things, but only as Mark Lenard. DSC Sarek is just okay.

I keep having to remind myself that Kamin isn't in the game. My default assumption is that of course one of the most iconic and beloved Picard episodes is represented! *sigh*

What are the chances that DB is pulling a high-level stunt here and the silhouette is a red herring?

Unpopular opinion incoming... I dislike "The Inner Light" and often skip it when rewatching TNG.... I really have no idea what it is and I understand that generally people love it but it just doesn't do it for me.... Come at me lol
  • EDIT: I would have preferred if they took suggestions/did a poll on the 500th crew instead. Have a first phase where everyone can submit nominations, then a second phase where the top nominations are put into a poll and the community decides. Then it really would have felt like a reward to the community for keeping the game going this long, instead of just another character DB's tossing in our general direction.

I'm pretty sure we are all getting Kung Fu Sarek BUT I'm holding out hope (their wording leaves a little room for interpretation) that the Sarek will be the Legendary Event crew for next week and we will all get a free copy. If there are 3 new event crew next week (including Sarek) that will be 499. Maybe the Honor Hall or Gauntlet will be updated and that will be the 500th character? I dunno. I can't remember, but did they flat out say, "This character (kung fu Sarek) will be the 500th character and you will get a free copy" OR did say "You will get this character (kung fu Sarek) to celebrate the release of the 500th character"? I may be reading way too much into this though lol
    Yateball wrote: »

Unpopular opinion incoming... I dislike "The Inner Light" and often skip it when rewatching TNG.... I really have no idea what it is and I understand that generally people love it but it just doesn't do it for me.... Come at me lol

It's Picard experiencing a whole other life, and it affects him in a profound way for the rest of the series...You see him go through various stages of accepting where he is then who he is. And we see him flourish in this other world, a world we later find out is doomed, and no longer exists. Picard ends up with a wife and son, but then loses them all, and is suddenly expected to hop right back into the captain's chair. I'm probably still mangling the description here, but yeah, it's a really beautiful episode IMO and really stands out against other more "standard" Trek fare. I guess I can theoretically understand it not "clicking" for some people, but I am a bit confused about actively disliking it?

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's quite clearly Kung Fu Janeway.

Jim

DB: Do Better
  • Jim Steele wrote: »
    It's quite clearly Kung Fu Janeway.

Jim

OR is this like the shadow art on the last batch of Elusive Treasures where they flat out said, "oh those characters aren't real, just random shadows of people" lol
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    So, then who might we expect in the Honour Hall? If the 500th character is free?
    I'd say it's still odds-on for Surak. Getting Sarek for free (assuming that's him) doesn't change that.

• Magisse wrote: »
    I'd say it's still odds-on for Surak. Getting Sarek for free (assuming that's him) doesn't change that.

Agreed. I don't recall them saying the Sarek is the 500th character, just that we were getting a free Legendary in honor of hitting 500 Characters. If next week only has 2 new crew (498) they maybe, just maybe 499 and 500 could be Honor Hall and Gauntlet :)
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    It could be anyone. After all, EVERYBODY was kung fu fighting.

Those kids were fast as lightning.
  • Why not some versions of characters from Tapestry?

gtm3kx1py65b.jpeg
    foa9aor4ob5a.jpeg
    ic6badmoz9ly.jpeg

How about Admiral Kirk

2azfwp1kvi2f.jpeg

Or better yet for the upcoming Vulcan event, Kolinar Spock, where he is working to purge all emotion.

6arhmqzinvek.jpeg

Or..... the first 6 Star, Chef Janeway

r1k9mk4ugo9u.jpeg

Well, except for chef Janeway... All AWESOME! B)
    “You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭

It's Picard experiencing a whole other life, and it affects him in a profound way for the rest of the series...You see him go through various stages of accepting where he is then who he is. And we see him flourish in this other world, a world we later find out is doomed, and no longer exists. Picard ends up with a wife and son, but then loses them all, and is suddenly expected to hop right back into the captain's chair. I'm probably still mangling the description here, but yeah, it's a really beautiful episode IMO and really stands out against other more "standard" Trek fare. I guess I can theoretically understand it not "clicking" for some people, but I am a bit confused about actively disliking it?

Oh I know all that from my dad trying to tell me how great it was as a kid, I guess maybe as a kid I just didn't like how non-action packed it was and it just became a skip for me... Not sure why that has persisted and I still don't care for it but granted it's been many years since watching it
  • Grant77 wrote: »

There was funky Mikey B and little Vulcan Sarek....

Oh I know all that from my dad trying to tell me how great it was as a kid, I guess maybe as a kid I just didn't like how non-action packed it was and it just became a skip for me... Not sure why that has persisted and I still don't care for it but granted it's been many years since watching it

Ah, ok. I get how as a kid it wouldn't seem that great. Lots of talking and contemplating and not a lot of phasers :P

I do recommend giving it a fair second shot though, it's worth it ^_^

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • How bout K's't'lk from “The Wounded Sky” & “Spock’s World” novels by Diane Duane? Or does it have to be tv/movie characters only?
    How bout K's't'lk from “The Wounded Sky” & “Spock’s World” novels by Diane Duane? Or does it have to be tv/movie characters only?

They've added non-canon characters from novels and such before, but it's doubtful they'll use one for the 500th.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tcal wrote: »
    Who do you think it will be? My bet is on Amanda Grayson
    That might be a good choice. A few weeks ago I saw her name among the blank crew spots in my vault. It's no longer there tho. I wish it would be the TOS version. But if it's her it will most likely gonna be from Discovery.

Except Amanda Grayson was only a 4* in Cryo. The 500th will be a legendary.
    edited February 2018

Based on the shape, it's Dalek Janeway. :p

How bout K's't'lk from “The Wounded Sky” & “Spock’s World” novels by Diane Duane? Or does it have to be tv/movie characters only?

They've added non-canon characters from novels and such before, but it's doubtful they'll use one for the 500th.

Which characters were from the novels? I know they got the Mirror TNG from comics, but I don't recall crew from the novels?
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not some versions of characters from Tapestry?

gtm3kx1py65b.jpeg
    foa9aor4ob5a.jpeg
    ic6badmoz9ly.jpeg

How about Admiral Kirk

2azfwp1kvi2f.jpeg

Or better yet for the upcoming Vulcan event, Kolinar Spock, where he is working to purge all emotion.

6arhmqzinvek.jpeg

Or..... the first 6 Star, Chef Janeway

r1k9mk4ugo9u.jpeg

Well, except for chef Janeway... All AWESOME! B)

WHAT IF CHEF JANEWAY WAS CHEF FROM ENTERPRISE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

I would have said Surak, but if we’re getting what looks like hot garbage for a 500th who knows what we could get.

REAL Sarek?
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Grant77 wrote: »

"Kicks"

THANK YOU. I hate that this is still so widely messed up lol. It's funny because some lyric sites still say "kids" and some even say "cats" but I'm pretty certain kicks has been confirmed
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grant77 wrote: »

"Kicks"

THANK YOU. I hate that this is still so widely messed up lol. It's funny because some lyric sites still say "kids" and some even say "cats" but I'm pretty certain kicks has been confirmed

Sadly this is one of those songs where I know none of the lyrics apart from the chorus, so now it's just running over and over though my head. Thanks so much for that.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps you would rather be "crew slot hyping"?