Home The Bridge

500th Crew

Comments

• For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    EDIT: I would have preferred if they took suggestions/did a poll on the 500th crew instead. Have a first phase where everyone can submit nominations, then a second phase where the top nominations are put into a poll and the community decides. Then it really would have felt like a reward to the community for keeping the game going this long, instead of just another character DB's tossing in our general direction.

That would have been fantastic. Goodness knows there are enough posts on the forum of characters that we really want to see included.

If this is Kung Fu Sarek, it makes me feel like STT is scraping the bottom of the barrel... and that's in a game where we don't have freaking Kamin yet (Inner Light Picard).

I keep having to remind myself that Kamin isn't in the game. My default assumption is that of course one of the most iconic and beloved Picard episodes is represented! *sigh*

Kamin btw would also have been a wonderful choice for the 500th crew

What are the chances that DB is pulling a high-level stunt here and the silhouette is a red herring?

[had to edit out a "draft" of my earlier post that got stuck into this one]

You can add Patriot Sisko to the list of gross admissions as well.

One of my all time favourite ST episodes. And possibly my favourite DS9 episode. They should really do a "captain catch-up" event where we just get the most glaring captain-related omissions. Kamin, Patriot Sisko and some form of Archer, probably desert/katra Archer.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buckaroo Bokai would be a nice Athlete to have around. SCI/SEC/DIP, maybe?

Banzai?

Hey, hey, hey, hey-now. Don't be mean; we don't have to be mean, cuz, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just for clarification, I think it was Buck Bokai.... otherwise he'd need a catcher named Perfect Jakey or something.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    From Memory Alpha:
    Harmon Buck Gin Bokai, often simply referred to as "Buckaroo" Bokai or "Buck" Bokai, was a Human baseball player in the 21st century, considered by many to be one of the greats.

His name was inspired by Buckaroo Banzai, of course.
  • xj5m3el2b9tt.png

Seriously, do none of you recognize MC Hammer when you see him?

Stop, Hammertime Janeway.
    From Memory Alpha:
    Harmon Buck Gin Bokai, often simply referred to as "Buckaroo" Bokai or "Buck" Bokai, was a Human baseball player in the 21st century, considered by many to be one of the greats.

His name was inspired by Buckaroo Banzai, of course.

Cool. I forgot him. However, it did me a chance to drop in the greatest movie ever made......

Scott

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    Seriously? It should be someone iconic and epic. Sarek is theoretically both those things, but only as Mark Lenard. DSC Sarek is just okay.
    EDIT: I would have preferred if they took suggestions/did a poll on the 500th crew instead. Have a first phase where everyone can submit nominations, then a second phase where the top nominations are put into a poll and the community decides. Then it really would have felt like a reward to the community for keeping the game going this long, instead of just another character DB's tossing in our general direction.

That would have been fantastic. Goodness knows there are enough posts on the forum of characters that we really want to see included.

If this is Kung Fu Sarek, it makes me feel like STT is scraping the bottom of the barrel... and that's in a game where we don't have freaking Kamin yet (Inner Light Picard).

I keep having to remind myself that Kamin isn't in the game. My default assumption is that of course one of the most iconic and beloved Picard episodes is represented! *sigh*

What are the chances that DB is pulling a high-level stunt here and the silhouette is a red herring?

Unpopular opinion incoming... I dislike "The Inner Light" and often skip it when rewatching TNG.... I really have no idea what it is and I understand that generally people love it but it just doesn't do it for me.... Come at me lol

It's Picard experiencing a whole other life, and it affects him in a profound way for the rest of the series...You see him go through various stages of accepting where he is then who he is. And we see him flourish in this other world, a world we later find out is doomed, and no longer exists. Picard ends up with a wife and son, but then loses them all, and is suddenly expected to hop right back into the captain's chair. I'm probably still mangling the description here, but yeah, it's a really beautiful episode IMO and really stands out against other more "standard" Trek fare. I guess I can theoretically understand it not "clicking" for some people, but I am a bit confused about actively disliking it?

Oh I know all that from my dad trying to tell me how great it was as a kid, I guess maybe as a kid I just didn't like how non-action packed it was and it just became a skip for me... Not sure why that has persisted and I still don't care for it but granted it's been many years since watching it

I also remember watching that first as a kid (maybe early teens in my case). Wasn't impressed. And I've watched it again as an adult. Still not impressed. Whenever he subsequently picked up that recorder and started playing it . . . still makes me feel annoyed. If they ever put this version of Picard in the game, I'll pass.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭

One of my all time favourite ST episodes. And possibly my favourite DS9 episode. They should really do a "captain catch-up" event where we just get the most glaring captain-related omissions. Kamin, Patriot Sisko and some form of Archer, probably desert/katra Archer.

Need this exact Sisko version and picture in the game:
    http://i.imgur.com/BZrbfJP.jpg

Yep, that one too.

Many Siskos are missing. We also need a "The Sisko"/Prophet Sisko.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, that one too.

Many Siskos are missing. We also need a "The Sisko"/Prophet Sisko.

He wishes to end the game... the game must continue!
  • Surak needs to be Honor Hall. Noble legendary civilization builders. 500 i would vote for 19th century Guinan. And that's gotta be legen...

You wrote my thoughts.
  • Since the 500 th character will appear during an Andorian mega-event, let's have the 2 original, first-ever seen Andorians from TOS:
    Thelev, Andorian/Orion spy and
    Andorian Ambassador Shras
    No cast of Andorians can be complete without them!

Having said that, if they don't give us the first authentic originals, other great TOS characters I'm eagerly waiting for are:

Rayna and Flint

M5 Unit

Dr M'Benga

Roger Korby & Andrea

Elaan of Troyius

Nilz Baris on Space Station K-7

Lt Mira Romaine, Scotty's girlfriend

transporter chief Kyle, a regular though
    minor crew member

Lt M'Hress from Animated Series

That's my vote. But the 2 original Andorians are my top vote to get them in time for this event! :-)
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭

Thought we would see her long before Lucien and Thelin

Same. Once we got Arex I figured she was next up. Let's up we get her soon :)

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • What I'm counting on is it won't be a 6th Cornwell, lol!
    ~ seeking out new life
  • bowdybowdy ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing George and gracie.

Or how about God from the Final Frontier?
  • DB should have moved heaven and earth to have Kivas Fajo as the 500th crew IMO.

At the very least it should have been way more iconic than this *shrug*
  • Has anyone thougth that Sarek the new free 500th character migth be the new honor hall guy?
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mbannar wrote: »
    Has anyone thougth that Sarek the new free 500th character migth be the new honor hall guy?

Wouldn't make sense. If you're getting one copy of him free, you can get another star with 50k Honor, like every other Legendary, so spending 100k Honor for another star on him would be pointless.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • iomdcsdkdfhm.jpg

Where is Lt Ilia/Vger?
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    iomdcsdkdfhm.jpg

Where is Lt Ilia/Vger?

Kinda think they'll only give us one version of her.

321px-Ilia_Probe_Card.png

• Lt M'Hress from Animated Series

There are probably another whole 500 I would have guessed before Lucien. I mean...THE DEVIL. From what remains the single most messed up canonical adventure in the entire canon, and the fact that episode was ever even made still astonishes me.

If anyone hasn't seen "The Magicks of Megas-tu", I strongly recommend streaming it. It's on CBS All Access, Hulu, and Netflix last I knew. You owe it to yourself to witness that...well, whatever it is, you owe it to yourself to witness it. If nothing else, so you can see for yourself that no one making TAS treated it like "a kid's cartoon", the rudimentary animation notwithstanding. But also, because you just haven't lived until you've seen Captain Kirk and Mr. Spock awaiting execution in a psychedelic reenactment of the Salem Witch Trials. It's...something.

Did I mention Lucien is Satan? Not like Ardra masquerading as Satan in "Devil's Due". Actually, literally Satan. If this had been a live action episode, it would be even more talked about than "City on the Edge of Forever" or "The Trouble with Tribbles".
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did I mention Lucien is Satan? Not like Ardra masquerading as Satan in "Devil's Due". Actually, literally Satan.

Apologies, but I couldn't resist the temptation...

0fo0acoq7zi4.jpg

• Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Did I mention Lucien is Satan? Not like Ardra masquerading as Satan in "Devil's Due". Actually, literally Satan.

0fo0acoq7zi4.jpg

Ha! Sounds like my sister in law
  • My vote is for mirror m’ress for 500.
    Task Force Pike: We are recruiting!

Task Force Pike/Garrett's Giants, Founder

Task Force April, Fleet Founder Emeritus

Newfie Central, Squad Founder, In Memoriam
  • Data1001 wrote: »

0fo0acoq7zi4.jpg

I would pay to have Dana Carvey record a commentary track for "The Magicks of Megas-tu" entirely in character as Church Lady.
    Data1001 wrote: »

0fo0acoq7zi4.jpg

I would pay to have Dana Carvey record a commentary track for "The Magicks of Megas-tu" entirely in character as Church Lady.

Like MST 3K, but a Star Trek episode!!!!!

That would rock!!!!!

Someone should approach him.......

Scott

• My guess for the 500th would be Katra Archer! It would satisfy people who want Archer, people who want an Enterprise crew, somewhat satisfy people who want Surak (because it’s his katra), and he would have the Vulcan trait satisfying the “Vulcan Response”.
  • JayneCobbJayneCobb ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I'm going to guess TOS Surak, from the episode that gave us Abe Lincoln. I'd forgotten about him until we started to speculate about Surak being the 500th.

The ep. I'm thinking of is "The Savage Curtain", I looked it up because "the episode that gave us Abe" seemed a bit lazy :)
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    And we already know Surak exists because he was in the vault for a short time