Home The Bridge

Do they understand what 95% chance to succeed actually means?

123457»

Comments

• I will do my best to continue gathering data in this upcoming event. At some point we will need to gather everything together.
  • Failing high percentage shuttles is upsetting. The same can be said about passing 0% chance missions. Obviously the percentages are not true and had been for a long time.
  • I will do my best to continue gathering data in this upcoming event. At some point we will need to gather everything together.

the spreadsheet is ready, we can do it "soon" or we can do it today!
  • I'd be willing to open up my spreadsheet for specific people to "mass-dump" data into it, on a short-term basis (don't want to leave it open indefinitely, to avoid chance of an accident). PM me if you have a lot of data you can contribute, within the parameters I'm using.
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    The most damming evidence in all this is that as an average, there should be some data points above, at, and below the displayed average. To date, there have been zero even approaching, let alone at, or above the displayed average. There is no possible way these averages can be correct.

On average during shuttle events, I send out 100x 4k 3 hour shuttles. I fail less than 7-8 shuttles during the entire event. sometimes under 5. So, I'm usually shooting at 95% success rate on shuttles. I just don't have the time to sit there and collect data because i have 3 kids running around when i'm at home.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!

• On average during shuttle events, I send out 100x 4k 3 hour shuttles. I fail less than 7-8 shuttles during the entire event. sometimes under 5. So, I'm usually shooting at 95% success rate on shuttles. I just don't have the time to sit there and collect data because i have 3 kids running around when i'm at home.

and it's totally fine! crunching numbers is only for who enjoys doing it for SCIENCE!
    When my shuttles fail I laugh, but I also try to understand why. When other people start complaining without any evidence, just makes me hungry for these chocolate cronuts! I had to google it, look delicious, something like troi would crave on a sad day...