Home The Bridge

Why does DB hate Jonathan Archer?

Comments

• PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes DB, we need an official statement on this. It is a bit ludicrous that 2 years into the game, we've still had no event Archer. He is a huge character in the series and at this point, we need an explanation as for why. I don't think there's a conspiracy, but we need news on if there is ever going to be an Archer event or not and then a reason for why there won't be or why it has been and is taking so long.

There doesn't need to be art approval to use an existing character in the event, cause the art is already approved.

See Also: Sato.

While a new one would good for the ENT fans, even an existing one, maybe one who was Pack Only (like COP) would be doable for an event without going through art approval.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prequels do not deserve to be pushed because they rewrite the existing history.
    Oh! Discovery refutes this. Never mind.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    Prequels do not deserve to be pushed because they rewrite the existing history.
    Oh! Discovery refutes this. Never mind.

I fail to see how Enterprise re-wrote history beyond the overly simplistic “but they were never mentioned in TOS/TNG/DS9/VOY” argument. It seems to me that the writers bent over backwards to make their story fit into the overall Trek narrative, particularly in season 4 when they spent the bulk of their efforts on explaining plot holes in the Trek chronology left behind by previous shows.

Discovery is another matter. It takes place just a few scant years before TOS (and after The Cage) and is so radically different in artistic design, technology, and interplanetary politics that it would be better explained as a Kelvin Timeline story than a Prime Universe story.
  • KTzKTz ✭✭✭
    I agree to have more Archer in the game, but be careful, last time we asked more Burnham they gave us a flood of them. Who is on the buttons must have lack of somerhing grey...
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree we need something from DB on this.

No event Kes is disappointing, but "understandable" in that she was a main cast member for only about half of a show.

Archer on the other hand is Archer and should be in an event. For him not to be is truly strange and feels deliberate (whether or not it is), especially compared to the amount of Janeways, Rikers and Burnhams there have been in events.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    We know the attack on Earth by Xindi’s never took place. Rewrite of history or a divergence of the timeline. And I think they did what they could to make the existing history fit to their version not vice a versa.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I agree we need something from DB on this.

No event Kes is disappointing, but "understandable" in that she was a main cast member for only about half of a show.

Archer on the other hand is Archer and should be in an event. For him not to be is truly strange and feels deliberate (whether or not it is), especially compared to the amount of Janeways, Rikers and Burnhams there have been in events.

Kes is understandable but only for a limited timeframe. What I mean by that is, if we go too long without an event for her either, I am going to also be asking why she has had no event. We have had main crew who have only been in for a season (e.g. Ezri, Yar) have more events than her who has 3 seasons worth of presence.

I would have started asking about Sato too, but we had her appear in the mirror mega-event. However, admittedly I'm not so thrilled by that since we still only have 2 versions of her. She needs at least 2 other versions, she and Mayweather appeared the same amount of seasons and were both in backgrounded main crew roles but he has 2 more versions than she does.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    Klingon Archer with Ridges I wonder if Archer got two peen too from that episode 😂
    [BL] Q wrote: »
    Klingon Archer with Ridges I wonder if Archer got two peen too from that episode 😂

Do....do Klingons have two?
    I'm asking for a friend :p
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes DB, we need an official statement on this. It is a bit ludicrous that 2 years into the game, we've still had no event Archer. He is a huge character in the series and at this point, we need an explanation as for why. I don't think there's a conspiracy, but we need news on if there is ever going to be an Archer event or not and then a reason for why there won't be or why it has been and is taking so long.

We've been asking them this for more than a year, but DB continues to ignore the players. This is exactly the kind of intentionally antagonistic stance towards the players that I take huge issue with. They see these threads and they have an explanation that the players are dying to hear about more than any issue in the entire game, but don't respond.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    [BL] Q wrote: »

Do....do Klingons have two?
    I'm asking for a friend :p

They do have redundant everything...it would follow...

I guess the ladies also have double...?

I'm sure someone on the internet has written about this, but I'm at work so I can't do any research right now :P
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without involving myself in what may or may not be a debate going on here...

ENT is my favorite series in several ways, and I feel like it’s massively underrepresented in the game.

We don’t even have a Tucker with good eng. His only 5* version has eng as a secondary skill. Neither of his 4* variants has a base eng above 710.

I’d appreciate more of all of ENT’s main cast, particularly in event form. Archer never having been in an event is pretty bad, but ENT as a whole isn’t shown enough love.

We have 6 of Archer, 4 of T'Pol, 5 of Tucker, 2 of Sato, 4 of Mayweather, 5 of Reed, 5 of Phlox. That’s not very much at all, for the main cast of an entire show. I feel like I’m probably forgetting someone.

But either way, if we could have more ENT, especially ENT with decent stats, I’d actually spend money on an event.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018

ENT is my favorite series in several ways, and I feel like it’s massively underrepresented in the game.

We don’t even have a Tucker with good eng. His only 5* version has eng as a secondary skill. Neither of his 4* variants has a base eng above 710.

I’d appreciate more of all of ENT’s main cast, particularly in event form. Archer never having been in an event is pretty bad, but ENT as a whole isn’t shown enough love.

We have 6 of Archer, 4 of T'Pol, 5 of Tucker, 2 of Sato, 4 of Mayweather, 5 of Reed, 5 of Phlox*. That’s not very much at all, for the main cast of an entire show. I feel like I’m probably forgetting someone.

But either way, if we could have more ENT, especially ENT with decent stats, I’d actually spend money on an event.

Yeah, the data is pretty clear about how under-represented ENT has been to date. There for a little while, someone had an obvious thing for Trip, but I'm guessing they're not at DB anymore because that died down quite some time ago. There are presently 53 ENT crew in the game; 29 of them are personae of the main cast and 24 are guest characters:

1. Advocate Kolos
    2. Agent Harris and his 171 Translation Algorithms
    3. Ambassador Soval
    4. Antaak
    5. Arik Soong
    6. Captain Lorian **
    7. Commander Dolim
    8. Commander Kelby
    9. Commando Shran
    10. Expedition Shran **
    11. Feezal Phlox
    12. Gralik Durr
    13. Jannar
    14. Lieutenant Tarah **
    15. Lissan **
    16. Orion Slaver
    17. Persis
    18. Private S. Money
    19. Rianna Mayweather
    20. Scientist Degra
    21. Silik
    22. T'Mir
    23. Temporal Agent Daniels **
    24. Ushaan Shran

*I missed Antaak, and then didn't understand how my math was off until I realized that @WhiteClifford had mistakenly counted five Phlox personae. There are only four (Defensive, Dr, Mirror, and Surgeon); the fifth Phlox in the game is his wife, Feezal, who appears on the list of guest characters.

**Denotes crew member added in 2018.

ENT did have strong representation throughout December's "Smoke & Mirrors" mega-event, too, which is worth noting, so it is fair to say that in the last few months, DB has finally started to pay some overdue attention to ENT. Still a long way to go before there's enough ENT content to really be satisfying for ENT fans, though, but I am hopeful that these recent additions indicate that more is on the way.

This is something I've always thought was just plain weird.

We have 6 of Archer, 4 of T'Pol, 5 of Tucker, 2 of Sato, 4 of Mayweather, 5 of Reed, 5 of Phlox. That’s not very much at all, for the main cast of an entire show. I feel like I’m probably forgetting someone.

Yeah, the data is pretty clear about how under-represented ENT has been to date. There for a little while, someone had an obvious thing for Trip, but I'm guessing they're not at DB anymore because that died down quite some time ago. There are presently 53 ENT crew in the game; 30 of them are personae of the main cast and 23 are guest characters:

You're missing Antaak, so 24.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone have any similar numbers on how many we have from the other series?

Discovery is fairly easy, since Shan has been constantly updating the list for mega event crew, but I imagine the other lists would be kind of long. Particularly with the guest characters.
  • Without involving myself in what may or may not be a debate going on here...

Yeah, the data is pretty clear about how under-represented ENT has been to date. There for a little while, someone had an obvious thing for Trip, but I'm guessing they're not at DB anymore because that died down quite some time ago. There are presently 53 ENT crew in the game; 30 of them are personae of the main cast and 23 are guest characters:

You're missing Antaak, so 24.

Good catch, thanks!
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Discovery is fairly easy, since Shan has been constantly updating the list for mega event crew, but I imagine the other lists would be kind of long. Particularly with the guest characters.

These crew listings by series on the wiki should be pretty complete — you'll just have to do your own arithmetic, as far as how many crew there are for each. ;)

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Category:Star_Trek:_The_Original_Series

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Category:Star_Trek:_The_Next_Generation

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Category:Star_Trek:_Deep_Space_Nine

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Category:Star_Trek:_Voyager

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Category:Star_Trek:_Enterprise

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Category:Star_Trek:_Discovery

I don't believe there are similar entries for the films, however — at least not that I could find.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Data1001 wrote: »

These crew listings by series on the wiki should be pretty complete — you'll just have to do your own arithmetic, as far as how many crew there are for each. ;)

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Category:Star_Trek:_The_Original_Series

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Category:Star_Trek:_The_Next_Generation

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Category:Star_Trek:_Deep_Space_Nine

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Category:Star_Trek:_Voyager

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Category:Star_Trek:_Enterprise

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Category:Star_Trek:_Discovery

I don't believe there are similar entries for the films, however — at least not that I could find.

There's a catch-all page for the films:

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Category:Star_Trek:_Films

And also TAS has a page:

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Category:Star_Trek:_The_Animated_Series
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you go by series alone according to the wiki, there are more characters from ENT than TOS in game. 53 vs 48. Now TOS also had movies so that could skew it the other way.
  • Pallidyne wrote: »
    If you go by series alone according to the wiki, there are more characters from ENT than TOS in game. 53 vs 48. Now TOS also had movies so that could skew it the other way.

TOS movies add another 32:

5 TMP
    6 TWOK
    4 TSFS
    7 TVH
    2 TFF
    8 TUC

Plus, for completists like me, there are another three from TAS, which would bring the TOS-era total to 83 spanning TOS, TAS, and the first six films.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »

There's a catch-all page for the films:

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Category:Star_Trek:_Films

D'oh. I hang my head in shame at my feeble search. I shall immediately make a ritual sacrifice of several ancient modems to appease the Gods of the Internet.

Ah, d'oh again. I had a feeling I was forgetting something. I must not have had enough coffee.

h2ku5gkwqi8i.gif

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • I would like to see some Enterprise event for sure. Personally I think it was better than voyager and the first two seasons of TNG. Far better than DISCO. As it is now I am pretty sure we will see a Vorik event before Archer.

CniXfuo.jpg

Can’t. Stop. Laughing!!😂🤣😂🤣
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • You may be concerned about Archer, but he has 6 iterations in this dastardly game. The real question is, is why are there only 9 true Romulans in this game? They even made 3 fake Romulans to try and make up the numbers.

DB hates Romulans!
  • You may be concerned about Archer, but he has 6 iterations in this dastardly game. The real question is, is why are there only 9 true Romulans in this game? They even made 3 fake Romulans to try and make up the numbers.

DB hates Romulans!

And yet, there is a Romulan Faction, and no Xindi Faction! Xindi weren't my favourite, but they were a key plot point for almost 2 full seasons, whereas Hirogen only came in sporadically during VOY, and they have a faction.

Come to think of it, there should be an Fringe Alien Faction, put all the Andorians, Tellarites, Orions, Denobulans, Trill, Gorn, Suliban, Ocampa, and any other (more prominent) races in a faction so we have some sort of central place to earn more loot for their specific items, rather than random drops.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may be concerned about Archer, but he has 6 iterations in this dastardly game. The real question is, is why are there only 9 true Romulans in this game? They even made 3 fake Romulans to try and make up the numbers.

DB hates Romulans!

It always felt like Romulans got the shaft in the shows and films as well. Even in Nemesis, which depends heavily on the Romulan Star empre for the plot, makes them a sideshow behind the (desperately needed and appreciated) feature of the Remans. The lead-up to the Earth-Romulan war in ENT and their involvement in the Dominion War was nice but I always wanted more, even if it still wasn’t equal to the time spent on the Klingons.
  • Actually, people are starting to make a very good case for more ENT in the game. I was quite saddened by the mega appearing to have an ENT storyline but Discovery crew manning the Enterprise slots. The Andorians were great, I really dig that, but Archer and his crew were sorely missing. We were even diverted by the Dominion sounding name of the final event, which confused everyone til it became clear The Founders weren't The Founders of The Dominion but actually The Founders of The Federation, without a hint of Archer and a weird kind of "Disco-washing" of the entire story.

Perhaps for the next event, we can have Archer flying the sister ship of Discovery, the USA Glenn, with Trip, T' Pol, Reed and Sato tackling the Ripper, Captain Killy Mirror Giougiou in order to save The Federation from disaster from the newly-armored orcs. With nary a peep from young Burnham for the entire four weeks.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/