Home The Bridge
Options

What Is Your Personal Best Voyage Without a Refresh?

Comments

• Options
    My current best without revives only just made it to 8 hours, I was told to check out this thread to see how I could improve my voyages, it seems I need to put A LOT more work into my 5* crew, i'm totally gobsmacked looking at the screenshots of the crew people are using, I only have 6 5*'s immortalized...

In the meantime, while I work on more 5* crew, I was wondering, is it more important to aim for the highest possible primary and secondary stats, or is it better to lower them a little and balance out the other 4 stats? And is it really that much of a big deal to match all the traits?
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    My current best without revives only just made it to 8 hours, I was told to check out this thread to see how I could improve my voyages, it seems I need to put A LOT more work into my 5* crew, i'm totally gobsmacked looking at the screenshots of the crew people are using, I only have 6 5*'s immortalized...

In the meantime, while I work on more 5* crew, I was wondering, is it more important to aim for the highest possible primary and secondary stats, or is it better to lower them a little and balance out the other 4 stats? And is it really that much of a big deal to match all the traits?

For an 8-hour voyage, you need nearly 10k in each of the two top skills and 4k in the rest. For 10-hour voyages, about 12+k in the top two skills and 5+k in the rest.

Obviously, there are a lot of variations on that formula if you push up one additional skill and others down, but for consistent results that are nearly RNG-proof, that's my recommendation.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Matching traits is real nice but only ultimately extends your voyage by about 15 minutes (per revive) if you match all twelve. That’s important for making a 72-hour run, where stats don’t even really matter after 8 hours and maximizing AM reduces the cost in tokens and dil.

Putting all your eggs into the primary/secondary basket means you can clear those two hazards farther into the voyage but lose AM earlier because you’re failing the other four hazard types more frequently. Assuming the 35/25/10% breakdown is accurate (for your purposes, we’ll say yes), you don’t want to skimp on 40% of your hazard checks.

Aiming to hit 8 hours on every voyage without having to babysit the last minutes before the 8-hour dilemma is a great goal to reach for. Identify your weakest skill pair and see who on your crew could improve upon it. It may not always be someone who can directly improve that pair but might help one of the two (example, a DIP/ENG voyage I just sent out with Crell Moset manning a MED slot, where his DIP secondary is super helpful).
  • Options
    Fi®3wallFi®3wall ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Matching traits is incredibly overrated in my opinion. People don't understand the math relating to passing skill checks.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matching traits is incredibly overrated in my opinion. People don't understand the math relating to passing skill checks.

I agree. You’re better off going with more skill points
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This isn’t a record or anything I just think it’s funny that I saved the female Vorta and was awarded a female Vorta!

q50dqzrby2a9.png

Apparently my ship was too late to save a colony from burning. The leader said I could keep whatever I found in the wreckage, which was a four star crew member. Seems the colony put forth no rescue effort

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

Depends. If you have no matching traits you can only have max starting am of 2650. But if there is a significant difference between the non matching trait crew and the matching trait crew then certainly go non matching. You can however often move crew around to pick up a bunch of traits. Like taking Mirror Picard from a Command slot that has Federation trait to a Science slot that has Crafty since Mirror Picard has Crafty trait as well and then plug in another Federation person in the more common Federation trait slot.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Fi®3wallFi®3wall ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    For sure @apollo, but don't put a Voyager with a 3200 score with trait match over a Voyager with no trait match with a voyage score of 3500 base and the same skills. My main point is I think people overvalue the trait match. Trait match in all 12 slots is only 15-20 mins.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get your best 12 crew in terms of skill, then figure out how to position them to maximize trait match. Trait match can be a good boost for that extra 10 min you need to hit a dilemma, but don't pick weaker crew just for the sake of trait match.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    A new record for me, beat the old one by 19 secs.....

8zrbmrwss6dx.png
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i1xduu2aq4cv.png

First eleven hour Voyage, very surprised.

Wow! That’s right up there with the best I’ve ever seen!

• Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats. Please share who were in your crew!
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats. Please share who were in your crew!

j1umjeuydo8e.png

I’m thinking this plus Braxton, Caretaker, Burnham, Surak, EMA and God Q. I could be wrong on Caretaker, might have been Determined Janeway.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    For sure @apollo, but don't put a Voyager with a 3200 score with trait match over a Voyager with no trait match with a voyage score of 3500 base and the same skills. My main point is I think people overvalue the trait match. Trait match in all 12 slots is only 15-20 mins.

Trait match really is something to do if you plan to do a long voyage. You have to be planning to do a few revives. The question really is how many revives one is planning to do. If you plan to go for the two three parters dilemmas , you will probably need around 30 revives. If you give up just one trait, 30x25 is 750 divide this by 21.2 and you lose about 36 minutes. But it is possible a crew with better voyage total might make up all of this time. If that is the case might be better off waiting for better traits. But if you have 36 revive tokens you just might want to go ahead.

Trait matching is important for long voyages but it is still not always the best option. Missing one trait could mean one more revive needed or it may not be different at all. It is even possible for a poor voyage total crew to cost you a revive.

Edit: since talking long voyages, I thought I would restate what someone said. Once you do all the dilemmas return. I think the voyage gets stuck and cannot be recalled when a dilemma is reached but there are no more dilemmas. Easy method concentrate only on three part dilemmas. Make sure you are picking the correct answers to reach the 3rd part by checking wiki. Once you have completed both three parters just return. Do not bother with anymore dilemmas. Save your Dil. or voyage tokens for another run.
  • Options
    I finally hit the 10 hour mark but i think i got real lukcy so still need to work to gt it a regular point and of course the dilema being a level 1 is just the icing on the cake. ya5avm75k097.png
  • Options
    tc1dw6ccsb58.jpg

Anotha One
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    tc1dw6ccsb58.jpg

Anotha One

BAYUM!!!

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    11:32 here.

75444yyczdbf.jpeg
    xepntvibgg11.png

I believe that is the record. I also believe this should also be posted in the good luck RNG thread. Those four non gold and silver numbers normally wouldn’t take you there

• Options
    Fi®3wallFi®3wall ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Hot damn. Almost 29k in primary and secondary, and almost 20k in the others. That's a pimp voyage

Sorry Shan didn't know that wasn't allowed. <3
  • Options
    I'm glad I looked at this thread, I've learned a few things. So thank you guys!

I didn't get a SS, but my personal best was 10h 10min. Starting AM was 2850. My new goal is 11h now. 🙂
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad I looked at this thread, I've learned a few things. So thank you guys!

I didn't get a SS, but my personal best was 10h 10min. Starting AM was 2850. My new goal is 11h now. 🙂

Best of luck! It took me quite a while to get one and I still only have one

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Second time I was able to hit the 10h-mark. This time also with a Pic.
    3hk24z142dna.png

I consider 10 hours a major milestone
  • Options
    Ever feel like you got ripped off on rewards? Haha, almost 10h and not even one 4* crew?
    r79jy1uw1j7s.jpg
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ever feel like you got ripped off on rewards? Haha, almost 10h and not even one 4* crew?
    r79jy1uw1j7s.jpg

My last Voyage was similar. At the 6- and 8-hour Dilemmas, I received gold replicator rations instead of (supposed hoped-for) purple crew. On to the next one! 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    r79jy1uw1j7s.jpg

My last Voyage was similar. At the 6- and 8-hour Dilemmas, I received gold replicator rations instead of (supposed hoped-for) purple crew. On to the next one! 🖖

I HATE that! Or schematics for a ship I maxed in 1962