Home The Bridge
Options

What Is Your Personal Best Voyage Without a Refresh?

Comments

• Options
    8h-Voyages is pretty much standard now, after that i can go for another hour or 1,5 at max. So its around 9,5h
    Serving with Battleship Texas [BBTX]
  • Options
    Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    RNG hasn't favored me as I haven't been able to get past the 9:45 mark. My star base is only level 27 though so one more level up on each skill and a couple more collections should do it. That being said, my best pairing of COM /SEC doesn't come up too often and odd voyage pairings don't help either.
  • Options
    RNG hasn't favored me as I haven't been able to get past the 9:45 mark. My star base is only level 27 though so one more level up on each skill and a couple more collections should do it. That being said, my best pairing of COM /SEC doesn't come up too often and odd voyage pairings don't help either.

Hang in there @Average Guy – I was stuck at 9:40-9:45 for a few months before cracking the 10 hour mark! Keep plugging away at the crew upgrades. It definitely helps!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭

Hang in there @Average Guy – I was stuck at 9:40-9:45 for a few months before cracking the 10 hour mark! Keep plugging away at the crew upgrades. It definitely helps!

Thanks. The campaigns have helped as I have added some good depth. Two of the four crew were at 1/5 and are now becoming extremely useful, plus I fused up Humbled Archer with the extra citations. Hopefully, a few months from now I will be able to post a 10 hour mark picture.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just earned my 10hr badge a couple of days ago. a5lychbp6tc3.jpg

Welcome to the club! Glad you got that milestone out of the way

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of people joining the club, I blasted past my previous record by at least 30 minutes:

ipej1bpxxjva.png

Thanks, RNG!

Sweet!! That’s quite a jump!

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Speaking of people joining the club, I blasted past my previous record by at least 30 minutes:

ipej1bpxxjva.png

Thanks, RNG!

The hazard check breakdown confirms that I definitely got lucky by minimizing the number of DIP checks:

6g57jf88zu7g.png
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

ipej1bpxxjva.png

Thanks, RNG!

The hazard check breakdown confirms that I definitely got lucky by minimizing the number of DIP checks:

6g57jf88zu7g.png

That’s what I’m talking about. The 4 other skills are not even across the board. I’m trying to get lucky and staff according to their frequency

• Options
    cj3gjrsmohjx.jpg

Crashed through 10, but not a single 4*, alas. Still an accomplishment, previous was in the 9:50 range. I'm happy with that.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have only had two 10 hour voyages before. One was seconds over 10 hours and the other was about 3 minutes. I just hit recall on this one:
    ok4t9t0icqes.jpg
    If it is not my best, it is within seconds of my best. A few of the crew on this voyage are just waiting for the update to see if they will get their final stars naturally or through citation which will improve such voyages.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two days in a row. Hurray!
    But this time the chronitons, rations, and crew are not worthy of a 10 hour voyage. Oh, well.
    hpoilb0xc32v.jpg
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two days in a row. Hurray!
    But this time the chronitons, rations, and crew are not worthy of a 10 hour voyage. Oh, well.
    hpoilb0xc32v.jpg

I hate getting that far and getting very little honor for it
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazing! Congrats.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    6u87ww271m1n.jpg
    2h7fpcqlvwtl.jpg
    9bg4xz9onk8x.jpg

I like that you posted the progression.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am surprised the low diplomacy and medical did not pull your am down further. I liked the 12,658 on your secondary skill. When I just do 12,500 I keep failing quite a few hazards before 10 hrs which is crazy. Last week I had both primary and secondary at 12,500 and failed 3 hazards for each in the 9:30-10:00 hrs range. Those 6 failed hazards stopped me from getting 10 hrs which really annoyed me.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am surprised the low diplomacy and medical did not pull your am down further. I liked the 12,658 on your secondary skill. When I just do 12,500 I keep failing quite a few hazards before 10 hrs which is crazy. Last week I had both primary and secondary at 12,500 and failed 3 hazards for each in the 9:30-10:00 hrs range. Those 6 failed hazards stopped me from getting 10 hrs which really annoyed me.

Yeah there was alot of RNG luck going on there.
  • Options
    I had some crazy rng. Basically the same voyage only made it like 10:34. I passed an engineering check at 11:03 or something i was surprised 12658 could pass a check that far out. I probably won't see 11 hours again for a very long time. This was an incredibly lucky voyage.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had some crazy rng. Basically the same voyage only made it like 10:34. I passed an engineering check at 11:03 or something i was surprised 12658 could pass a check that far out. I probably won't see 11 hours again for a very long time. This was an incredibly lucky voyage.

Hey, luck or not you passed a sacred milestone!

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey, luck or not you passed a sacred milestone!

Indeed. Time to do a celebratory dance.

e2wpuccwmn4i.gif
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    I believe it is important too to put the right crew into the right slots.
    As an example you can take Determined Janeway and the Borg Queen, both have Eng and Cmd. The Borg Queen has a very high Cmd and low Eng, Janeway is the opposite. You can put both in Cmd or Eng, but if you put the BQ in a Cmd slot and Janeway in an Eng slot your voyage will go longer as the other way around.
    The final numbers would be the same in both cases.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an example you can take Determined Janeway and the Borg Queen, both have Eng and Cmd. The Borg Queen has a very high Cmd and low Eng, Janeway is the opposite. You can put both in Cmd or Eng, but if you put the BQ in a Cmd slot and Janeway in an Eng slot your voyage will go longer as the other way around.

That is an interesting point to consider, cross-slotting skills for trait matches versus regular slotting by best skill. A trait match is worth 25 AM, so around 1 minute. How to determine the impact of regular slotting is more difficult, though. 🤔
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

This is 100% not true. The final numbers are all that matter. All the stats are added up and used to determine skill passes. If the skill of the slot had an impact other than showing eligibility then the other stats would never even show up in the final numbers. And if that was the case people would be reported unexpectedly short voyages all the time.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »

This is 100% not true. The final numbers are all that matter. All the stats are added up and used to determine skill passes. If the skill of the slot had an impact other than showing eligibility then the other stats would never even show up in the final numbers. And if that was the case people would be reported unexpectedly short voyages all the time.

I would never risk to say 100% when we are talking about STT. :*

But if only the final numbers matters, how can you explain that you can miss hazards in let us say Cmd ( just an example ) at 9:30 and can avoid them at 9:40. I have seen this several times.

I was always thinking that the points for to decide that you can pass a hazard are the sum of your total points in the skill+the points of the crew used for the hazard+Rng of the proficiency skill of this crew. That would at least explain that you can avoid hazards you have missed before.
    That means that the the final number is still 80% of your total points and the most important one, but your crew has a small impact too.

This can be totally wrong, of course, but since I take care of this when I choose the crew in the two main skills of my voyages I can travel longer. Maybe this feeling is wrong too, I dont take much care of my voyages, I reach always the 10 hours and recall them nearly always immedeatly.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    The assumption is the hazards are determined by base + prof roll of the entire voyage. No individual crew is used. That still provides plenty of variability.

Your original post implied that only the skill in the slot selected mattered. If that was the case there would be way too many failed voyages and people would notice.

You're now saying that it's only the Prof of the crew selected that matters. I suppose that's possible. The numbers are small enough to not be a major swing. But it doesn't match how iampicard estimated Voyages, so I suspect someone would have noticed the discrepancy.
  • Options
    Sorry about the misunderstanding, should have explained it better the first time.

I have never used iampicard or one of the other voyage tools. It was just an idea how it could work.
  • Options
    dmmnjoza8hxp.png

I took the snapshot right after the 10 hr mark. It went a bit longer but I can't remember now!
  • Options
    By the way, one of my best was this one. I am closing in on the 11 hours, but still not there:

b1bhl62ablrm.jpg