Home The Bridge
Options

What Is Your Personal Best Voyage Without a Refresh?

Comments

• Options
    Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    Hit 9:50 this morning. Personal best but still short. Need better bonuses. 🤗
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Got it!!!! Very very close but gosh diddly darn it I GOT IT!!!tud5x2vx41tt.png

Congrats, do you remember what your starting am was?
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Grats!!!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, I started with 2900. Things fell into place nicely

• Options
    edited September 2019

Mine that went 10 hrs 50 min had 2875 starting am.

c2qojroxgeee.gif

Let’s fly!
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Squeaked out 3 more minutes on this new personal best. Starting AM was 2875. 🖖

bfae6s7po3qg.png
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine that went 10 hrs 50 min had 2875 starting am.

c2qojroxgeee.gif

I watched it like a hawk at the end. I had 8 minutes left and could only fail two more hazards. I was sure it would not make it. I sat in my car at a gas pump for 8 minutes. 10:59 with only a few anti-matter left I had my finger on recall in case the next hazard was not a gold or silver I can split second recall before the button disappeared. The silver popped up and I let it ride. The rest is in the books

• Options
    xjxex6ln3c40.png

I don’t keep track, but this is something close to a PR for me.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    New personal best, starting AM was 2900. 🖖
    x3m2tau6xxyz.png
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    I want to post some new personal records, but RNG hates me this past week or so. Haven't made even 9 1/2 hours (Even with 12K/12K!), and last Voyage just squeaked up to the 8 hour with 19 AM to spare. :'(
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Just did my first 10h voyage (COM/SEC) <3
  • Options
    I want to post some new personal records, but RNG hates me this past week or so. Haven't made even 9 1/2 hours (Even with 12K/12K!), and last Voyage just squeaked up to the 8 hour with 19 AM to spare. :'(

Sometimes it helps to drop ur primary and secondary to 11,500 and boost your other skills.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I believe it is important too to put the right crew into the right slots.
    As an example you can take Determined Janeway and the Borg Queen, both have Eng and Cmd. The Borg Queen has a very high Cmd and low Eng, Janeway is the opposite. You can put both in Cmd or Eng, but if you put the BQ in a Cmd slot and Janeway in an Eng slot your voyage will go longer as the other way around.
    The final numbers would be the same in both cases.

This is 100% not true. The final numbers are all that matter. All the stats are added up and used to determine skill passes. If the skill of the slot had an impact other than showing eligibility then the other stats would never even show up in the final numbers. And if that was the case people would be reported unexpectedly short voyages all the time.

I would never risk to say 100% when we are talking about STT. :*

But if only the final numbers matters, how can you explain that you can miss hazards in let us say Cmd ( just an example ) at 9:30 and can avoid them at 9:40. I have seen this several times.

I was always thinking that the points for to decide that you can pass a hazard are the sum of your total points in the skill+the points of the crew used for the hazard+Rng of the proficiency skill of this crew. That would at least explain that you can avoid hazards you have missed before.
    That means that the the final number is still 80% of your total points and the most important one, but your crew has a small impact too.

This can be totally wrong, of course, but since I take care of this when I choose the crew in the two main skills of my voyages I can travel longer. Maybe this feeling is wrong too, I dont take much care of my voyages, I reach always the 10 hours and recall them nearly always immedeatly.

Muspell, the game shows the average but we believe that to do a check it actually creates a score like away mission rolls, the base score of all your crew are added then it does the proficiency scores with a random roll. The end result is your score for that skill check. That is how sometimes you pass and sometimes you fail. I don’t believe the crew slot has anything to do with it.
  • Options
    As an example you can take Determined Janeway and the Borg Queen, both have Eng and Cmd. The Borg Queen has a very high Cmd and low Eng, Janeway is the opposite. You can put both in Cmd or Eng, but if you put the BQ in a Cmd slot and Janeway in an Eng slot your voyage will go longer as the other way around.

This is 100% not true. The final numbers are all that matter. All the stats are added up and used to determine skill passes. If the skill of the slot had an impact other than showing eligibility then the other stats would never even show up in the final numbers. And if that was the case people would be reported unexpectedly short voyages all the time.

But if only the final numbers matters, how can you explain that you can miss hazards in let us say Cmd ( just an example ) at 9:30 and can avoid them at 9:40. I have seen this several times.

I was always thinking that the points for to decide that you can pass a hazard are the sum of your total points in the skill+the points of the crew used for the hazard+Rng of the proficiency skill of this crew. That would at least explain that you can avoid hazards you have missed before.
    That means that the the final number is still 80% of your total points and the most important one, but your crew has a small impact too.

This can be totally wrong, of course, but since I take care of this when I choose the crew in the two main skills of my voyages I can travel longer. Maybe this feeling is wrong too, I dont take much care of my voyages, I reach always the 10 hours and recall them nearly always immedeatly.

Muspell, the game shows the average but we believe that to do a check it actually creates a score like away mission rolls, the base score of all your crew are added then it does the proficiency scores with a random roll. The end result is your score for that skill check. That is how sometimes you pass and sometimes you fail. I don’t believe the crew slot has anything to do with it.

I know this is the leading theory but I am not sure it is what is really happening. I had a voyage with primary and secondary at 12,500 and both with high proficiency but I failed 6 hazards from 9:30-10 hrs. My voyage was by no means a large enough sample size but I am not really seeing difference in hazard success by proficiency.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

I know this is the leading theory but I am not sure it is what is really happening. I had a voyage with primary and secondary at 12,500 and both with high proficiency but I failed 6 hazards from 9:30-10 hrs. My voyage was by no means a large enough sample size but I am not really seeing difference in hazard success by proficiency.

I think you are missing how the proficiency works here on a voyage. Take the example of a crew made up of either 7 defensive phloxes or 7 Q as God. In this case they have very similar average voyage scores, 12,200 for phlox and 12,600 for Q. How they get there is very different, Phlox has a low base of 1075 with a 300-1050 proficiency (rounding here). Q has a high base of 1525 with little proficiency 200-350.

This means on any given roll, 7 phloxes could put up anywhere between a 9,604 and a 14,805 roll. Conversely Q would put up a 12,150-13,200. This means that Phlox would likely lose several checks on the way from 8 hours to 10 hours, but could also win several checks all the way past 12 hours. Q would win almost everything up to 10 hours but would begin losing everything at 10:45.

I am pretty sure this accounts for all the variance you see in an event. Does this make sense?
  • Options

I think you are missing how the proficiency works here on a voyage. Take the example of a crew made up of either 7 defensive phloxes or 7 Q as God. In this case they have very similar average voyage scores, 12,200 for phlox and 12,600 for Q. How they get there is very different, Phlox has a low base of 1075 with a 300-1050 proficiency (rounding here). Q has a high base of 1525 with little proficiency 200-350.

This means on any given roll, 7 phloxes could put up anywhere between a 9,604 and a 14,805 roll. Conversely Q would put up a 12,150-13,200. This means that Phlox would likely lose several checks on the way from 8 hours to 10 hours, but could also win several checks all the way past 12 hours. Q would win almost everything up to 10 hours but would begin losing everything at 10:45.

I am pretty sure this accounts for all the variance you see in an event. Does this make sense?

Well put, and we have discussed the point of proficiencies and "proven" them in several experiments throughout this thread.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options

Oh I definitely get the idea of the proficiencies. I refer not just to that one voyage but other voyages as well. For me personally I have been watching proficiencies and pass/fail on my hazards for a while now and I am not seeing the correlation that I would expect to see if the proficiency theory was correct. I will keep watching and observing to further increase my sample size but as of yet I remain unconvinced.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Proficiency influenced or not, sometimes RNG is just cruel.
    akgazl010hoc.jpg
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    there must be a timer that hits exactly at 9:58:40 because i've woken up to many failed voyages exactly at that timestamp
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    there must be a timer that hits exactly at 9:58:40 because i've woken up to many failed voyages exactly at that timestamp

I had the exact same thing at 10:58:40 twice. There is something to that

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just recalled this one, new best for me :)

dn5scftu6sno.png

That’s a nice skill distribution right there

• Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    omqvx95aav44.png

Happened last night, extended it three times.
  • Options
    [DC] Picard Loves Reds[DC] Picard Loves Reds ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    akgazl010hoc.jpg

The nice thing about 9:58 refreshes is that 2 dilemmas are within reach. Those 2 refreshes really paid off with honor (and The Clown!) this time.
    jynintp269yl.jpg

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    akgazl010hoc.jpg

The nice thing about 9:58 refreshes is that 2 dilemmas are within reach. Those 2 refreshes really paid off with honor (and The Clown!) this time.
    jynintp269yl.jpg

Good haul!!!