Home The Bridge
Options

What Is Your Personal Best Voyage Without a Refresh?

Comments

• Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Oh so close ... but it is my new personal best. 🖖🏻

1njobu6cz9b6.png

So I sent out the same crew, traits & ship, and this happened:

8cbkit7zysb0.png

The various calculators estimated ~9:30, so I suppose a 5% swing in either direction is not out of the realm of possibility (I will leave the discussion of probability to others, elsewhere). 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just hit a new personal best, and during a Faction event no less!

6o2poez8qjik.jpg
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh so close ... but it is my new personal best. 🖖🏻

1njobu6cz9b6.png

So I sent out the same crew, traits & ship, and this happened:

8cbkit7zysb0.png

The various calculators estimated ~9:30, so I suppose a 5% swing in either direction is not out of the realm of possibility (I will leave the discussion of probability to others, elsewhere). 🖖🏻

Yes there is a huge range of like an hour on either side when it comes to ten hour voyages. The rng does that. I think the proficiency of your crew likely plays a large part in voyages but it is something that needs more investigation.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »

6o2poez8qjik.jpg

Did you staff your shuttles first or your voyage first?
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

6o2poez8qjik.jpg

Normally I staff voyages first, then shuttles. during faction events I staff shuttles first, then voyages second.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is also how I roll
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

6o2poez8qjik.jpg

Normally I staff voyages first, then shuttles. during faction events I staff shuttles first, then voyages second.

I like to see what the primary and secondary voyage skills are first then staff my shuttles while keeping in mind those voyage skills needed. I also try to staff my shuttles with super rares and 1/5's as much as possible if they are close with their bonus to the no bonus 5/5 legendaries. I try to be mindful of the critical 5/5 legendaries I need for my voyage and try not to use them in shuttles unless they are bonus crew. Sometimes you can do a different shuttle mission with different crew than you need for your voyage but still get the same or similar shuttle percentages.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broke my record again last night!

h5m3h35ky4yf.jpg

Now, bring on the caffeine!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broke my record again last night!

h5m3h35ky4yf.jpg

Now, bring on the caffeine!

You’re tearing it up bro!!

• Options
    GhaziGhazi ✭✭✭
    Here is a 10h15 I got recently.

xw3p8g6jngs6.jpeg
  • Options
    Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    647ry3jy0083.png
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    My conspiracy theory brain wonders sometimes if you combine a certain ship with certain crew gives a hidden bonus skill boost or crit boost? Or maybe the hull/shield rating ties into it somehow?

Example: Federation ship came up twice in a row with same skills/traits, as Voyages tend to do sometimes.
    First Voyage I used Enterprise NX-01
    Second Voyage I used Shenzhou
    Carefully picked the same crew. Shenzhou lasted 38 minutes longer. So...RNG hell, or..?
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    GhaziGhazi ✭✭✭
    Here is one from earlier today.

ln2fdiw55f9e.png
  • Options
    I got distracted by the forums and allowed this to happen. At least it's PR!9rdvgpeus9jr.jpg
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got distracted by the forums and allowed this to happen. At least it's PR!9rdvgpeus9jr.jpg

That’s a good one to refresh. You can get 2 dilemmas out of it

• Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a 10h and a few minutes a few days ago but it was a one hit wonder being SEC/MED.

I staff voyages first as they last longer but I spare bonus crew from being used.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    10:34 is my best
  • Options
    [DC] Picard Loves Reds[DC] Picard Loves Reds ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

That’s a good one to refresh. You can get 2 dilemmas out of it

Not sure I'm going to make it 1:20 to go with only 1575 AM left. At least I got a 4* at the 10hr mark. Real life bekons, so it's time to recall and collect my 1000+ honor and 500+ chrons. If it wasn't for voyages, I'm not sure I would still be playing this game.
  • Options
    At 1500+ I usually try and go for up to 2 hours.
  • Options
    Data1001 wrote: »
    THE GAME IS MOCKING ME!!!!

0mzzocrj7bxd.png

Wow, those are killer numbers for SEC/MED/DIP, but much lower numbers for the others than I'd normally figure would get you that far. I may have to play with the spread a bit. My best is still about a half hour shy of that. I did send one out the other day with like 15k and 11k for primary/secondary, with the rest mostly in the 3k-4k range, but that one didn't even make it to 10hrs.

I figure 13k is needed for the gold and silver to make it to 11:00. The rest is what shall be when it falls into place. My logic is I’ll never hit 11 hours if the gold and silver can’t survive to that point. I’ve also been trying to catch lightning in a bottle by trying to guess the tertiary skill

13K each top 2 skills doesn't even guarantee 10 hour. I should know, I still haven't got my 10 hour badge, and I consistently push the top skills over 12.5-13K.

Maybe I need to push for more proficiency like we talked about, or RNG just hates me.

I have been tracking my voyages in a nice little spreadsheet as of late, and have had a few 12.5-13k pri/sec skills barely make it past 9hrs. Once I get to 50 or so I am going to see if I can find any patterns, possibly post the results because sometimes the maths escape me.
    Has anyone looked at the 11hr voyages amd noticed a trend?
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pinkyfirst wrote: »

0mzzocrj7bxd.png

Wow, those are killer numbers for SEC/MED/DIP, but much lower numbers for the others than I'd normally figure would get you that far. I may have to play with the spread a bit. My best is still about a half hour shy of that. I did send one out the other day with like 15k and 11k for primary/secondary, with the rest mostly in the 3k-4k range, but that one didn't even make it to 10hrs.

I figure 13k is needed for the gold and silver to make it to 11:00. The rest is what shall be when it falls into place. My logic is I’ll never hit 11 hours if the gold and silver can’t survive to that point. I’ve also been trying to catch lightning in a bottle by trying to guess the tertiary skill

13K each top 2 skills doesn't even guarantee 10 hour. I should know, I still haven't got my 10 hour badge, and I consistently push the top skills over 12.5-13K.

Maybe I need to push for more proficiency like we talked about, or RNG just hates me.

I have been tracking my voyages in a nice little spreadsheet as of late, and have had a few 12.5-13k pri/sec skills barely make it past 9hrs. Once I get to 50 or so I am going to see if I can find any patterns, possibly post the results because sometimes the maths escape me.

I feel like the way to do it is go 13/13 then load heavy on a third skill taking a chance that it shows up more than the others

• Options
    edited August 2019

0mzzocrj7bxd.png

Read up the thread. We noticed a particular edge to longer Voyages with high proficiencies. (or was that another thread?)
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

0mzzocrj7bxd.png

Read up the thread. We noticed a particular edge to longer Voyages with high proficiencies. (or was that another thread?)

It was this one and again I will say your work on that was brilliant

• Options
    edited August 2019
    During the event, I just had a Voyage with 11.5K/11.5K SEC/DIP just barely squeaked over 8 hours! Granted the rest of the skill lot weren't great, but it should have been at least 8.5?

All 5* crew, and 8/12 FF/FE. Guess that shows the nasty side of RNG.

Just ouch...

6ijey77h1spq.png

Also, this was the beginning of an experiment to see if the ship & PRI/SEC skills are tied together in anyway.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    During the event, I just had a Voyage with 11.5K/11.5K SEC/DIP just barely squeaked over 8 hours! Granted the rest of the skill lot weren't great, but it should have been at least 8.5?

All 5* crew, and 8/12 FF/FE. Guess that shows the nasty side of RNG.

Just ouch...

6ijey77h1spq.png

Also, this was the beginning of an experiment to see if the ship & PRI/SEC skills are tied together in anyway.

I guess the game felt badly about the last one. I started with even worse skill#s on this Voyage, but now I'm finally in the 10 hour club! Crazy RNG!

79u4vqa0uod5.png
  • Options
    i3rtz5nkraz3.png
    My PB.
  • Options
    eshosezyu5gw.png
    Level 84
    65 x 5* immortal