Home The Bridge
Options

What Is Your Personal Best Voyage Without a Refresh?

Comments

• Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    If this is a question best left for another thread I apologize, but I had a thought yesterday and thought to ask and this seems like the best thread to ask it: is it probable to hit an 11 hour voyage without duplicate crew?
  • Options
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    If this is a question best left for another thread I apologize, but I had a thought yesterday and thought to ask and this seems like the best thread to ask it: is it probable to hit an 11 hour voyage without duplicate crew?

That's a very good question. I'd like to know too. I dont have any dupes, and my best voyage was yesterday at 10h 22mins with 2800AM. I'm not sure if I'm going to hit 11 hours.
  • Options
    Fi®3wallFi®3wall ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

All 3 of my 11 hour voyages have had zero duplicate crew.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Related question I've been wondering. Is it realistically possible to hit 12 hours? What about without duplicate crew there?
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

So probable versus possible Is a huge difference.

Possible to hit 11 with no duplicates is clearly yes.

Probable would mean a 50% or more chance. There is also the issue of multiple voyage time calculators.

For example, there are two calculator bots available on the timelines discord.

A 14500 13750 5000 5000 5000 4500 stat voyage with 2950 am gets 11:00 hours on one and 10:44 on the other. I really don’t know which is right.

That voyage is 47750 total stat points or 3979 per crew. Which would be the 22nd best voyage card in each slot. There are also 48 total cards over 3928. So I think there are at least a few stat pairs that you can staff a voyage with no duplicates to get that distribution.

That being said if bot 1 is right then the probable 11 hours is doable. If bot 2 is right, probably 10-15 minutes short of what is probable.
  • Options
    eXo | SilverRose (retired)eXo | SilverRose (retired) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Related question I've been wondering. Is it realistically possible to hit 12 hours? What about without duplicate crew there?

It's not possible with the crew in game at this point. Close but not quite there yet.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still striving for that 11 Hour voyage without a refill. Closer...

keq89c28uoho.png

NIce one! I wish I had better RNG on this one I would have hit a new PB for me....

nijyd8uxa3ob.png
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    My longest voyage without refresh is 11 hours 30 minutes. I've only hit that a couple of times though. Can't seem to get any further.
  • Options
    9 hours 55 minutes
  • Options

The 11 hour 45 minute voyage I posted previously had no duplicate crew. Also had G7 at only 3/5. So not only possible without dups, but without all FF crew. Of course Paladin basically told me I hit the lottery on that voyage when he broke down the numbers (wish I had used that luck on an actual lottery!).
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally made the 11 Hour Club without a refill.

xplb5njrjfd8.png

Awesome!! It feels like a real good milestone doesn’t it?

• Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone ever made 12 hours without a refill? That would be insanely good. I've had a new ENG-MED purrsonal best three days ago (thanks to the newly immortalized Caretaker) with 10h 38m, it was so far even one of my best overall times for a voyage (10h 53m is still my PB there).
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    AandraaAandraa ✭✭✭
    s9p74y7210z6.jpg
    og8lipc5ymx4.jpg
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone ever made 12 hours without a refill? That would be insanely good. I've had a new ENG-MED purrsonal best three days ago (thanks to the newly immortalized Caretaker) with 10h 38m, it was so far even one of my best overall times for a voyage (10h 53m is still my PB there).

SIlverRose claimed above it's not possible with current crew.

Theoretically there is something like a .35^720 chance of rolling nothing but primary skill. If you filled all 12 slots with the best primary skill crew possible, you could hit 12 hours. But those odds are so ridiculously small, that they are effectively 0 even with DB's RNG.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks! I'll keep working on my crew to reach 11 hours. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Finally made the 11 Hour Club without a refill.

xplb5njrjfd8.png

Awesome!! It feels like a real good milestone doesn’t it?

That it does! Now for 12 hours without a refill. lol

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    fmp6likc6jsw.jpg

New personal best. Inching closer to the 11h club. Almost there.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I did it! 20 minutes past my previous record and blew away 11 hours in the process.
    5pus7xnregqn.png

BAYUM!!! That’s awesome! It usually just takes that one that blows your best out of the water!

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    do6yv7yq5bzt.jpg
    cwe6ogkiaw6v.jpg
    p5oht8bpr3z9.jpg
    Yeaaaa Booooiiiiii

dgltb4mf43ul.jpg
    0qqwqnyz4fuk.jpg

That is fricken amazing!!!

• Options
     Bri Bri ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Not my longest, but my most recent since I saw this thread (it’s my current voyage). I’ve had a few just over 11hrs 30 and multiple around 11hrs 20.

hr0tewsc8ne7.png
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    [S14]Bri wrote: »
    Not my longest, but my most recent since I saw this thread (it’s my current voyage). I’ve had a few just over 11hrs 30 and multiple around 11hrs 20.

hr0tewsc8ne7.png

You’re in a whole other league! Multiple 11:30’s is is amazing!

• Options
     Bri Bri ✭✭✭✭

hr0tewsc8ne7.png

I think it’s really down to having a massive list of ENG immortals that blend with other skills. But then there’s RNG. I’ve had some voyages I was certain would be over 11hr 30 and they barely made 10hrs. I’ll see if I can muster another big one to share over the next couple of weeks. What’s the record? I’m thinking 12hrs is impossible at this point
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

hr0tewsc8ne7.png

I think it’s really down to having a massive list of ENG immortals that blend with other skills. But then there’s RNG. I’ve had some voyages I was certain would be over 11hr 30 and they barely made 10hrs. I’ll see if I can muster another big one to share over the next couple of weeks. What’s the record? I’m thinking 12hrs is impossible at this point

That would be great! I would love to see a screenshot. The longest I have seen a screenshot of is 11:36. Others have claimed longer but without a screenshot it’s just a claim

• Options
    Hamsters2Hamsters2 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    :(
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭

hr0tewsc8ne7.png

That would be great! I would love to see a screenshot. The longest I have seen a screenshot of is 11:36. Others have claimed longer but without a screenshot it’s just a claim

There was an 11:45 posted on the prior page of this thread.

Fairly sure it’s just a matter of when on the 12. It’s possible just really unlikely, but considering we are within 15 minutes now eventually someone will get lucky enough with the hour 4-12 skill check rng.
  • Options
     Bri Bri ✭✭✭✭

hr0tewsc8ne7.png

Damn, 11:36 is longer than mine, whenever I’ve made 1130, I’ve literally scraped it. I just looked back a bit on this thread and I have noticed that lots of you guys tend to go with a different system to me. I usually only sacrifice one skill, but most of the other big scores seem to promote the gold and silver, then a random skill would be just below them, and then the other three skills would be pretty low, or what I’d consider a sacrificial skill. And my longest voyages are usually based around ENG, most of the other high scores here seem to be amongst other skills. I will experiment with the 3 high three low system, since it seems popular.