Home The Bridge
Options

What Is Your Personal Best Voyage Without a Refresh?

Comments

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    To maximize your chance at 10 hours, the most important thing is getting the two featured skills both between 12000-12500 and maximizing the total of the other skills. In general the distribution of the tertiaries may impact the variance of times, but should not impact average time much.

If you have two skills at 12k and the others below 7k, at the 6 hour mark you need 1300 or so am to guarantee 8 (average used in 2 hours passing featured and failing others is 900-1000). if it doesn’t have that check back in before hour 8.

Same thing at 8 hours, you’ll want 750 am left to have a chance at 10 hours, 900-1000 for a even money proposition and 1300 to be very sure of it.

This is really helpful.

I would imagine, 12K/12K/xK would always net more than 1300 AM at 6h, unless you possibly don't hit any traits at all and start out on a 1* ship :smile:

Looks like 10h send-and-forget-Voyages are still a long way to go for me. As probably most people, my roster is strongest in CMD/DIP/SEC combinations, where I could comfortably achieve a 11K/10K/5K split. I will have to do some tinkering, if sacrificing tertiary skills and aiming for 12K primary ones will produce better results.

I am right in the same target zone as you are. I consistently get 8.5 hours, occasionally 9+ with 11K+/11K+ seeming to be my highest. (I did get a 12K/13K the other day for the first time, but the rest were 5k/3k/2k/2k/1k ish). That Voyage surprised me and didn't even make it to 8:15. And yet, some that have like 9k/8k/6k/5k/4k/4k/3k/3k - more evenly spread will still hit over 8 hours. I guess there is a lot to think about with the RNG.

I have noticed that any time you put in a 2-skill crew, even if they are super high skill and even FF, not having that 3rd skill will hurt the voyage overall.

Yeah Voyages are tricky. You only really need 11k and above for past 9 hrs. The big thing is having lots of am when you get to 8 hrs and to do that you need to pass enough hazards along the way. You never want below 3k for any skill for the long voyages if you can help it, certainly not more than 1 skill below 3000. For my ten hr voyages I find best is about 11,500-12,000 for primary and secondary skills and an average of 4,500 or more for the rest. You never want your primary or secondary above 12,500 to achieve 10 hrs as 12,500 will pass almost every hazard.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    It wouldn't be a forum if the topic didn't go off the rails from time to time.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just hit my own PB. Not bad since I wasn't even sure if it was going to hit 10 hours.

39okzgg80ktc.png
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    Just hit my own PB. Not bad since I wasn't even sure if it was going to hit 10 hours.

39okzgg80ktc.png

Wow! That’s awesome! I just came to post my new one. You got me by one minute!w5td2z9avf85.png

• Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    6r1ccwqjpz2i.png

No record for single voyage without a refill, but five out of my last six voyages got to ten hours.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Still climbing to 11 hours7sl5oaqahomr.png
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭

39okzgg80ktc.png

VERY NICE. You had RNG on your side for sure. I sent out a very similar stat Voyage the other day and barely cleared 9 hours.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    11h 34min , the shittiest voyage i ever had...
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting closer..... that last 10 minutes are brutal

vzvallxhlj4n.png
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a game record, but a best for me! Good thing I have 22 tokens....gonna let this one run awhile.

x169munht4nq.png
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a game record, but a best for me! Good thing I have 22 tokens....gonna let this one run awhile.

x169munht4nq.png

Woah!! I have you beat by exactly one second

• Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    So i was really interested in the topic and checking of „Who holds the voyage RECORD for no refresh“, since i expected ppl would only post a screenshot of a voyage with no refresh thats shows a further time progress than the previous, but sadly thats not the case.

Hole point of this thread has gone down the hill, imho. Maybe it would have been better to create a seperate thread with the topic „Whats ur personal voyage record without refill“, thats where 95% of this topics posts would fit perfectly into.

yup, this thread is useless now. drudging through this thread to dig out the actual voyage records is a headache now.

2 options:
    1. Get off our lawn, start your own personal best thread
    2. Start a new thread, dedicated to finding the current voyage record, not personal bests
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    So i was really interested in the topic and checking of „Who holds the voyage RECORD for no refresh“, since i expected ppl would only post a screenshot of a voyage with no refresh thats shows a further time progress than the previous, but sadly thats not the case.

Hole point of this thread has gone down the hill, imho. Maybe it would have been better to create a seperate thread with the topic „Whats ur personal voyage record without refill“, thats where 95% of this topics posts would fit perfectly into.

yup, this thread is useless now. drudging through this thread to dig out the actual voyage records is a headache now.

2 options:
    1. Get off our lawn, start your own personal best thread
    2. Start a new thread, dedicated to finding the current voyage record, not personal bests

Then go start one where you can have your dry “just the facts” thread while we stay here and live a little. I changed the title so we can all get on with our lives without this huge, horrible atrocity getting in the way of a lively discussion.
  • Options
    I finally hit my first 10 hour voyage a few days ago, site won't let me post screen shots yet though.
  • Options
    I have made 10 hours a couple of times.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New PB by a good 15 minutes

tquwut06aj89.png

NAILED IT!!!
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was unable to get a screenshot but I hit a new personal best this morning of 9:16! The feature skills were Security (gold) and Engineering (silver).
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was my longest, from last December...

0k45uoklwhhv.jpg

Usually, once I hit 10 hours I get skerred I'll forget about it and have to pony up some dilithium, so I'll often recall right away after that final dilemma. Slightly surprised, now that I look back at this one, that it made it that far — since I've certainly had higher skill points than that.

Next stop: 11 Hours. :p>:)

08fqkavfdfcf.gif

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    [TFA] CaptainObvious[TFA] CaptainObvious ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Just to illustrate just how erratic Voyage success is. I was lucky enough to get the same skill combinations just two days apart.

9swesmy780tw.png

On the first day, I actually made it to ten hours for the first time ever. A huge shoutout to the helpful comments in this thread, because without them I probably wouldn't have made it for a while.

The second time I tried to optimize a bit towards closer to 12.500 primary and secondary, to the benefit of the tertiaries. But basically, those were almost exactly the same crews.

euhe5698pgvr.png
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to illustrate just how erratic Voyage success is. I was lucky enough to get the same skill combinations just two days apart.

9swesmy780tw.png

On the first day, I actually made it to ten hours for the first time ever. A huge shoutout to the helpful comments in this thread, because without them I probably wouldn't have made it for a while.

The second time I tried to optimize a bit towards closer to 12.500 primary and secondary, to the benefit of the tertiaries. But basically, those were almost exactly the same crews.

euhe5698pgvr.png

It’s crazy how that happens. Crash and burns before you expect it are tough to swallow

• Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I hit 10 hours I typically recall right afrer the dilemma.
    zz1qnczd62eh.jpg
  • Options
    Haere LinteseregHaere Lintesereg ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much, I go to 9 hours, I never hit the 10 hours dilemma without a refresh.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check the thread https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/14030/voyage-question#latest

...as we discuss this very thing, and how high crew proficiency seems to play a big part of the discrepancies.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hit the 10 hour mark for the second time last night without refueling. CMD/SEC were the featured traits.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    SsjgSsjg ✭✭
    5aj8qvnwuyn6.jpeg
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've made it over 10 hours without a refill three times now. I'm regularly making it past 9 hours, though, so incremental improvement continues. I think in a few months I should be able to hit 10 hours roughly half the time.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends