Home The Bridge
Options

What Is Your Personal Best Voyage Without a Refresh?

Comments

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    THE GAME IS MOCKING ME!!!!

0mzzocrj7bxd.png

Wow, those are killer numbers for SEC/MED/DIP, but much lower numbers for the others than I'd normally figure would get you that far. I may have to play with the spread a bit. My best is still about a half hour shy of that. I did send one out the other day with like 15k and 11k for primary/secondary, with the rest mostly in the 3k-4k range, but that one didn't even make it to 10hrs.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Data1001 wrote: »

0mzzocrj7bxd.png

Wow, those are killer numbers for SEC/MED/DIP, but much lower numbers for the others than I'd normally figure would get you that far. I may have to play with the spread a bit. My best is still about a half hour shy of that. I did send one out the other day with like 15k and 11k for primary/secondary, with the rest mostly in the 3k-4k range, but that one didn't even make it to 10hrs.

I figure 13k is needed for the gold and silver to make it to 11:00. The rest is what shall be when it falls into place. My logic is I’ll never hit 11 hours if the gold and silver can’t survive to that point. I’ve also been trying to catch lightning in a bottle by trying to guess the tertiary skill
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    tlefbbbfzt9j.jpeg
    1s0c6wtfurak.jpeg
    obvcyg9wq23h.jpeg
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭

0mzzocrj7bxd.png

I figure 13k is needed for the gold and silver to make it to 11:00. The rest is what shall be when it falls into place. My logic is I’ll never hit 11 hours if the gold and silver can’t survive to that point. I’ve also been trying to catch lightning in a bottle by trying to guess the tertiary skill

13K each top 2 skills doesn't even guarantee 10 hour. I should know, I still haven't got my 10 hour badge, and I consistently push the top skills over 12.5-13K.

Maybe I need to push for more proficiency like we talked about, or RNG just hates me.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

0mzzocrj7bxd.png

13K each top 2 skills doesn't even guarantee 10 hour. I should know, I still haven't got my 10 hour badge, and I consistently push the top skills over 12.5-13K.

Maybe I need to push for more proficiency like we talked about, or RNG just hates me.

I got the same skills and same ship trait, gonna give it another go. Slightly different crew but basically the same skill points. Here was the hazard breakdown from the last one

jshm9yja8i8p.png

And here is the skill points on the new one. I didn’t say 13k will get you there but I feel you can’t if you don’t have it

v0nmw7uhxnxo.png

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So this one, pretty much the same all around, was about to crash and burn a whole half hour earlier than the other. RBG is a fickle who.....

50ozcvof83e7.png
  • Options
    Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    I just hit 9:48, no pic sorry. But it was my best by far, I think my previous was 9:15ish. I can feel 10 taunting me.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just hit 9:48, no pic sorry. But it was my best by far, I think my previous was 9:15ish. I can feel 10 taunting me.

Ten is a good mark to hit as you can slide into the dilemma and not have to constantly monitor it

• Options
    edited July 2019

I got the same skills and same ship trait, gonna give it another go. Slightly different crew but basically the same skill points. Here was the hazard breakdown from the last one

jshm9yja8i8p.png

This exactly shows the possibility of a near perfect Voyage RNG. Your lowest skills had the lowest amount of hits on hazards. My early math predicted 11:26 would be the longest possible Voyage with perfect RNG, now I have to go back to the drawing board. (I think I may have done that before the early Voyage nerf "update")
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

jshm9yja8i8p.png

This exactly shows the possibility of a near perfect Voyage RNG. Your lowest skills had the lowest amount of hits on hazards. My early math predicted 11:26 would be the longest possible Voyage with perfect RNG, now I have to go back to the drawing board. (I think I may have done that before the early Voyage nerf "update")

@Commander Sinclair I totally dig your analysis. As you can see from above I have Mirror Troi and Cornwell. They are extremely similar but your breakthrough has me thinking I should use Troi over Cornwell because Troi has much better proficiencies. Taking that into account is my next experiment in my quest for 11hours. Using crew like Armus over FO Burnham, all the heavy proficiency crew I got that still gives me the magic number of 13k on the gold and silver

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voyages are fickle. It does seem though for best chance of ten hours you want primary are secondary 11,500 or higher and a tertiary skill with a stat of 7500 or higher. A high tertiary skill seems to pass more hazards than making all your non primary-secondary skills the same but lower. These last two weeks I have been playing with my non primary-secondary skills. If they are all 4500 then I passed almost all hazards till four hours but then failed the hazards soon after that and my am ran out too much to make it to ten hours. But if instead I made a teritary skill of 7500 and the rest ranged from 3000-4500 I would go to 10 hrs.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    PinkyfirstPinkyfirst ✭✭✭
    Voyages are fickle. It does seem though for best chance of ten hours you want primary are secondary 11,500 or higher and a tertiary skill with a stat of 7500 or higher. A high tertiary skill seems to pass more hazards than making all your non primary-secondary skills the same but lower. These last two weeks I have been playing with my non primary-secondary skills. If they are all 4500 then I passed almost all hazards till four hours but then failed the hazards soon after that and my am ran out too much to make it to ten hours. But if instead I made a teritary skill of 7500 and the rest ranged from 3000-4500 I would go to 10 hrs.

The screenshot was my 11hr voyage (I just had a helping hand by the rng gods), but this is a typical setup for me. I usually sit somewhere between 9:30-10:15 with the setup you explained.
    zrmjwef05ut5.jpg
  • Options
    90v3bhz0542a.jpeg
    My first 10 hour without a refill, I normally only get to 8-9.
  • Options
    Not as Long as I'd like then to be, but I lack some of the more powerful crew at the levels you need to break past 10 hours right now. I'm concentrating on getting Voyage crew Levelled though.

vd80dnww1lei.jpg
    Account on it's final tour, soon to be retired!
  • Options
    i've hit 10 hour voyages without a refresh exactly 3 times so far, that's it.
  • Options
    This is my 2nd 10-hour voyage without a refresh. The first was just a week or two ago. This one ran for 10 hrs 15 mins before recalling with 8 antimatter left. Started with 2900 antimatter.9toa16ahisdj.jpg
  • Options
    I made it to 10 hours once (I had better chances on some previous voyages, but none of those made it).
    Also, I only realised later on that I should have swapped Borg Queen with Surak, to avoid the useless amount of CMD skill and boost some others :D

nibn84iug4j0.jpg
  • Options
    IvlainIvlain ✭✭✭✭
    What time do Voyage skills reset?
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivlain wrote: »
    What time do Voyage skills reset?

Same time as Gauntlet reset, I think.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen 10 hours with no refresh, but I didn't screen cap that. Here's one from the other day. As you can see, the starting AM wasn't exactly terrific, but I deemed it worthy of refresh.
    egzb8hkp5agr.jpg
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously?? The exact same as my previous high? Last time it stopped at 10:58 with at least 5 more seconds. I knew that hazard would crash and burn me so I didn’t sweat it but if I get 10:58:40 again, there’s a glitch

iwo4g63lh6sy.png
  • Options
    <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Updated estimates list isn't a lot different at first glance from December when I posted the last list, but the change is significant. Several 10hr voyages. I haven't kept track of my best. Probably close to 10h30m.

0ojeb97xp2vi.png

I've got 30k honor saved. Going to work on improving those top 6 combinations to increase the chances of 10hr voyages. Just working out the math and running more models.
  • Options
    Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    urgvy119rxdd.png

Haven't hit 11hrs yet
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    i forgot to show a SS.
    so i do it now
    xbhgb77guhpu.png

Do you remember your starting AM?
    Level 84
    65 x 5* immortal
  • Options
    Seems like there is a significant need for your tertiary skills to be up as well, to get that far. I have seen some with one at 8-10K and still fail to make the 11 hour mark because the other 3 are too low. But the ones that are pretty even with all 4 tertiaries above 5K, with maybe one above 7K, and then pray for the RNG to favour the 7K, you will definitely hit the 11 hour mark. (With PRI & SEC around 12.5K+)

Just an observation/hypothesis, hoping to see a bit of proof to back it up.
  • Options
    So, lots to read through here. What's the current longest Voyage? I just did an 11:29hr!
    Screenshot_20190719-152829.png
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, lots to read through here. What's the current longest Voyage? I just did an 11:29hr!
    Screenshot_20190719-152829.png

Forgive me if I’m wrong but I believe that blows everyone else away by at least 15 minutes
  • Options
    /SSR/ AHSOG/SSR/ AHSOG ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    My latest Voyage was the same traits as the 11:29hr one, allowing a great example to compare RNG. Still respectable results, but fell short of the 11:29hr mark. 611 Chrons vs 612 yesterday, interestingly.

Screenshot_20190720-141214.png
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My latest Voyage was the same traits as the 11:29hr one, allowing a great example to compare RNG. Still respectable results, but fell short of the 11:29hr mark. 611 Chrons vs 612 yesterday, interestingly.

Screenshot_20190720-141214.png

I would love to see screenshots of the crew you used if you could