Home Ready Room
Options

STT Level 100 Spreadsheet

Comments

• Options
    Request #2:

Add a way to specify that crew is frozen. The existing Owned column can double for this - just look for 'F' to mean frozen.

Conditionally highlight frozen crew in a different color.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any other states we can think of before I go implement this?
    • Unowned
    • Owned
    • Chryo'd
    • Immortalized (??)
    • Leveled//Unleveled (??)
  • Options
    Any other states we can think of before I go implement this?
    • Unowned
    • Owned
    • Chryo'd
    • Immortalized (??)
    • Leveled//Unleveled (??)

Those are good ideas too. Would be nice to have them.

If we wanted to make it super detailed, we could also break it out into FF and non-FF. So:
    • Unowned
    • Owned
    • FF
    • FE
    • FF/FE
    • Chryo'd (frozen)
  • Options
    Has anyone tried add-on? It populates the crew list automatically, and takes their current state into account.

chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/star-trek-timelines-crew/fhbgadamglhhcelbmidkmkoepekgkocl?utm_source=permalinkthis
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    • Unowned
    • Owned
    • FF
    • FE
    • FF/FE
    • Chryo'd (frozen)

Good idea. But even more detailed we could make it.
    • Unowned
    • Owned
    • FF
    • FE 1*
    • FE 2*
    • FE 3*
    • FE 4*
    • FF/FE (immortalised)
    • Chryo'd (frozen)

This would be useful for those with lots of 4* and 5* cards that are not FF.
  • Options
    Yea, the but problem with all of these things are additional data in th4 sheet (and performance issues).

I am going to try and implement a basic version of the owned/Chryo shading in the next few days.

Beyond that, I am looking into how to set up the sheet to pull its data from the wiki. That way, updates become easier and you can do things like partial fusion stats without killing the sheet.

This additional functionality is NOT going to be any time soon. It is a lot of manual, non trivial parsing.
  • Options
    It would be awesome if this could be co-worked with the STT Collection Manager - the Java App Author at GitHub..(?) it does update from the Wiki with new crew etc, works very smoothly and a simple click takes you to the Wiki Crew or Trait etc.. I like using it but this, along with the Do Not Airlock, Lvl 100 stats.. would be a pure dream material ;)

Cheers! All you guys and your hard work is appreciated!
  • Options
    T'Pol wrote: »
    It would be awesome if this could be co-worked with the STT Collection Manager - the Java App Author at GitHub..(?) it does update from the Wiki with new crew etc, works very smoothly and a simple click takes you to the Wiki Crew or Trait etc.. I like using it but this, along with the Do Not Airlock, Lvl 100 stats.. would be a pure dream material ;)

While I understand the desire, that's a desktop based application while this is a cloud based spreadsheet. They're not really compatible in any way and isn't something I'm really interested in pursuing.
  • Options

While I understand the desire, that's a desktop based application while this is a cloud based spreadsheet. They're not really compatible in any way and isn't something I'm really interested in pursuing.

I realize they're different :D my idea was simply to work together to blend it together.. (but obviously not, judging by the reaction) into the app, as it's connected to the wiki already and is easy to work with. Updating the spreadsheet every time, becomes too laborious for me, but the google spreadsheet is still good to refer to. So, never mind :)

Cheers
  • Options
    edited December 2017
  • Options

I realize they're different :D my idea was simply to work together to blend it together.. (but obviously not, judging by the reaction) into the app, as it's connected to the wiki already and is easy to work with. Updating the spreadsheet every time, becomes too laborious for me, but the google spreadsheet is still good to refer to. So, never mind :)

Cheers

The goal would be to make the spreadsheet connect to the wiki in the same manner. I don't think there's really a way (or much of a reason) to integrate the two tools once the spreadsheet pulls directly from the wiki.
  • Options
    Negh_varNegh_var ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Phd wrote: »
    When new spreadsheet versions come out, what's the best way to populate the new version from the old version, or do we just have to manually do it every time?

So, the #1 concern is probably keeping your list of owned cards intact in the new version. Generally, I don't update the sorting of the Stats sheet. The top few hundred are all alphabetized, but I add on from the bottom. You SHOULD be able to just make a copy of the sheet and copy your "owned" list directly there if you're keeping htem in the same order.

Alternatively, you can add in the new ones at the bottom of your list, verify you have the same number, sort them alphabetically, and then copy your "owned" column into the new copy.

Could I suggest a QoL addition that whenever new crew are added to the sheet, in the first post you edit it to show the total number of crew? It would just make it quicker for those that have their own copy to quickly see if they need to follow the link to the sheet to add newer crew to their sheet. Also are there an formulae in the sheet that target the number of rows or is it just full column references throughout? Just need to know if there's any columns I need to modify in my copy after updates of crew. Thanks for the great sheet btw.

edit: removed earlier cancelled post reply.
    ----
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Options
    Phd wrote: »
    When new spreadsheet versions come out, what's the best way to populate the new version from the old version, or do we just have to manually do it every time?

So, the #1 concern is probably keeping your list of owned cards intact in the new version. Generally, I don't update the sorting of the Stats sheet. The top few hundred are all alphabetized, but I add on from the bottom. You SHOULD be able to just make a copy of the sheet and copy your "owned" list directly there if you're keeping htem in the same order.

Alternatively, you can add in the new ones at the bottom of your list, verify you have the same number, sort them alphabetically, and then copy your "owned" column into the new copy.

Could I suggest a QoL addition that whenever new crew are added to the sheet, in the first post you edit it to show the total number of crew? It would just make it quicker for those that have their own copy to quickly see if they need to follow the link to the sheet to add newer crew to their sheet. Also are there an formulae in the sheet that target the number of rows or is it just full column references throughout? Just need to know if there's any columns I need to modify in my copy after updates of crew. Thanks for the great sheet btw.

edit: removed earlier cancelled post reply.

When I update it (usually as soon as new crew stats are announced in Starfleet Communications), I add the crew to the bottom of the stats sheet. I had to do a re-sort a few weeks ago, so it re-alphabetized them, but, going forward, I should just be adding rows to the bottom. You can copy/paste the new rows into your doc, or you can manually type in the stats, then copy down the rest of the formulas on sheet 2. So long as the formulas are copied down, the other sheets will pick it up.
  • Options
    how works the VOYAGES multiplier?
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Zottex wrote: »
    how works the VOYAGES multiplier?

It's just a simple multiplicative weighting to help personalize the voyage ranking based on your current voyage. Personally, I use 3.5 on primary stat and 2.5 on secondary stat (1 on the rest) because primary stat comes up 35% of the time, secondary 25% and the other four 10%.
  • Options
    When I update it (usually as soon as new crew stats are announced in Starfleet Communications), I add the crew to the bottom of the stats sheet. I had to do a re-sort a few weeks ago, so it re-alphabetized them, but, going forward, I should just be adding rows to the bottom. You can copy/paste the new rows into your doc, or you can manually type in the stats, then copy down the rest of the formulas on sheet 2. So long as the formulas are copied down, the other sheets will pick it up.

To avoid the sorting issue, might I suggest an additional column, like another STT gsheet uses (do not airlock sheet). That sheet contains a column "Version". This allows the sheet users to sort on version and copy over only the newly added crew. Perhaps this could also help people to easilly spot changes to the crew.

• Options
    Helix77 wrote: »

To avoid the sorting issue, might I suggest an additional column, like another STT gsheet uses (do not airlock sheet). That sheet contains a column "Version". This allows the sheet users to sort on version and copy over only the newly added crew. Perhaps this could also help people to easilly spot changes to the crew.

While this sounds like a fair suggestion, I'm working on a setup where the sheet will pull from the Wiki instead of being manually updated, so I'd rather not spend time on half measures like this when the full implementation will solve the need for that.
  • Options
    Tribble_HeroTribble_Hero ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I'm having some trouble making use of the Owned functionality on Column V of the 2. Crew Stats tab. After copying the spreadsheet to my Google Drive, I did the following:

1. Deleted the bottom cell of Column V (removed the "Y" that was originally in that cell)
    2. Copied the empty cell
    3. Highlighted all the other cells of Column V
    4. Pasted the blank cell into the selected cells
    5. Placed a "Y" in those cells of Column V which corresponded to rows with crew members I own
    6. Clicked on Tab 3. Filters and Settings
    7. Clicked the dropdown in Row 2 (Column C/D) "Ranking Type" and changed it to Personal Ranking

After these steps I expected the [Gauntlet] Overall tab to now only show rankings for those crew I'd marked as Owned, but it still shows rankings for the entire Crew list. Am I doing something wrong?
    "I am sorry, Citizen, but this Signature is currently placed at Security Clearance VIOLET. Reading any of the words contained within this Signature without appropriate security clearance is considered treason. Please proceed directly to the nearest available Termination Booth for Orientation, and make sure you bring a Number 2 Pencil. Thank you for your cooperation. Have a nice daycycle!" ~ The Computer
  • Options
    While you're in the process of your next update...

Do you realise the link on the first sheet still links to the old DB forums post rather than this one?
    ----
  • Options
    I'm having some trouble making use of the Owned functionality on Column V of the 2. Crew Stats tab. After copying the spreadsheet to my Google Drive, I did the following:

1. Deleted the bottom cell of Column V (removed the "Y" that was originally in that cell)
    2. Copied the empty cell
    5. Placed a "Y" in those cells of Column V which corresponded to rows with crew members I own
    7. Clicked the dropdown in Row 2 (Column C/D) "Ranking Type" and changed it to Personal Ranking

After these steps I expected the [Gauntlet] Overall tab to now only show rankings for those crew I'd marked as Owned, but it still shows rankings for the entire Crew list. Am I doing something wrong?

I'm not 100% sure what's going on. My guess is the way you deleted it (via copy/paste) broke some of the formulas on the right. You could check the results on Column Z on the crew stat sheet to see if there are any errors in those cells.

What I would recommend for deleting is to select V3 on the Stats sheet, hold Ctrl+Shift and hit the down arrow (this highlights the values for that column) and press "delete". That should clear the values without compromising the formulas.

Thinking on this, I think it would make more sense if I just left all of the crew marked as "unowned" so users don't have to go through the step of clearing everything out. So, if you'd like to update your copy, the base is now cleared out (but set to Full ranking).
    While you're in the process of your next update...

Do you realise the link on the first sheet still links to the old DB forums post rather than this one?

I did not, thanks! It's updated with this thread.
  • Options
    Just wanted to let you know that 4* Duchamps has two entries.
  • Options

2. Copied the empty cell

I'm not 100% sure what's going on. My guess is the way you deleted it (via copy/paste) broke some of the formulas on the right. You could check the results on Column Z on the crew stat sheet to see if there are any errors in those cells.

What I would recommend for deleting is to select V3 on the Stats sheet, hold Ctrl+Shift and hit the down arrow (this highlights the values for that column) and press "delete". That should clear the values without compromising the formulas.

Thinking on this, I think it would make more sense if I just left all of the crew marked as "unowned" so users don't have to go through the step of clearing everything out. So, if you'd like to update your copy, the base is now cleared out (but set to Full ranking).

I think that's a great idea; that will definitely help. Thank you!
    "I am sorry, Citizen, but this Signature is currently placed at Security Clearance VIOLET. Reading any of the words contained within this Signature without appropriate security clearance is considered treason. Please proceed directly to the nearest available Termination Booth for Orientation, and make sure you bring a Number 2 Pencil. Thank you for your cooperation. Have a nice daycycle!" ~ The Computer
  • Options
    Not that I'm trying to add more work or rush something in progress but is there any plan to add the capability to enter traits for voyage crew the same way the gauntlet is done? This sheet is already way beyond my skills with a spreadsheet so not sure if it's possible.
    ----
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Negh_var wrote: »
    Not that I'm trying to add more work or rush something in progress but is there any plan to add the capability to enter traits for voyage crew the same way the gauntlet is done? This sheet is already way beyond my skills with a spreadsheet so not sure if it's possible.

I have some long-term plans for doing some sort of "suggested voyage" where you give it the primary/secondary/traits and it tries to find the "best" setup, but, not gonna lie, I'm a looong ways off from that right now and would have to come after the updates to pull stats from the wiki.

I have the ability in my own, personal, sheet (linked below) to type in crew names and have it total up the stats and estimate out a voyage, but it would require a lot of manual input for anyone to use this, so I don't generally share it. It doesn't do any kind of active recommendations, but it will give you a sense if your stats are out of balance in regards to primary vs secondary vs others.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g6zAf5gMJGgqK5eaIE16wYcasHkUT3SanMg11U9BukI/edit#gid=1240573636
  • Options
    I have some long-term plans for doing some sort of "suggested voyage" where you give it the primary/secondary/traits and it tries to find the "best" setup, but, not gonna lie, I'm a looong ways off from that right now and would have to come after the updates to pull stats from the wiki.

That's cool, if pulling from the wiki gives the best results, i'd wait.
    I have the ability in my own, personal, sheet (linked below) to type in crew names and have it total up the stats and estimate out a voyage, but it would require a lot of manual input for anyone to use this, so I don't generally share it. It doesn't do any kind of active recommendations, but it will give you a sense if your stats are out of balance in regards to primary vs secondary vs others.

Wow that's cool and I like how it can roughly tell when antimatter might run out. looking forward to that option even a best guess

----
  • Options
    RogaDanarRogaDanar ✭✭✭
    I just was looking and it appears that Tommy Gun Dixon is wrong. I have more security at 90 that it lists for him at 100 under voyages but his command is way, way, way higher than mine.
  • Options
    RogaDanar wrote: »
    I just was looking and it appears that Tommy Gun Dixon is wrong. I have more security at 90 that it lists for him at 100 under voyages but his command is way, way, way higher than mine.

Thanks. Looks like I flipped his SEC and CMD stats. Should be fixed now.
  • Options
    GogusGogus ✭✭
    Thank you for this resource. It is very helpful.
  • Options
    Can someone explain the min/max roll on sheet 2? and will this sheet get updated to account for starbase and cryo collection bonuses?
    ----
  • Options
    Negh_var wrote: »
    Can someone explain the min/max roll on sheet 2? and will this sheet get updated to account for starbase and cryo collection bonuses?

1) Min/Max roll is that character's min and max proficiency
    2) Starbase bonuses can be quantified on the sheet "3. Filters and Settings". I believe I have it set for the max possible starbase/collection bonuses PRIOR to the release of the recent rooms. At some point, I will update it to the max again.