Comments

• RogaDanarRogaDanar ✭✭✭
    found him, Tourist is mispelled
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    RogaDanar wrote: »
    found him, Tourist is mispelled

Keeping me on my toes. Fixed.
  • edited July 2018
    Hello! Thanks for working on this great resource. I think it's really good. As a newbie to this sheet (but not the game) can I first let you know the the front sheet is a bit wrong on advice:

"fill 'Owned' (column N) on 2. Crew Stats tab and finally choose option 'Personal Ranking' in cell P2"

I think it's column V now, and P2 is now C2 on 3. Filters and Settings next to Ranking Type. I think.

Is there a post with more details on how to use it in it's current form? Thanks again!
    Maffster wrote: »
    Hello! Thanks for working on this great resource. I think it's really good. As a newbie to this sheet (but not the game) can I first let you know the the front sheet is a bit wrong on advice:

"fill 'Owned' (column N) on 2. Crew Stats tab and finally choose option 'Personal Ranking' in cell P2"

I think it's column V now, and P2 is now C2 on 3. Filters and Settings next to Ranking Type. I think.

Is there a post with more details on how to use it in it's current form? Thanks again!

Are there any questions in particular you had? I can't say I've tried very hard to keep up with the documentation. :-\
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did we lose 2* Geordi La Forge in this latest update?
    Intentionally Left Blank
    Flemming wrote: »
    Did we lose 2* Geordi La Forge in this latest update?

Nope, he was just being filtered out (for some reason I had it filtering out all but 4/5 stars on the Crew Stats sheet). I removed the filter.
  • Wow, great job, i can just imagine the time it took to gather all this data
  • Hi Rex, thanks for replying. I've not really messed around with it that much yet. It might all be very intuitive and no specific answers are needed :) I just wanted to make sure my note above was correct, really.

Hmm... seems this was saved in drafts and not posted all those weeks ago. Using it now it seems really intuitive. But the edits I mentioned above might be helpful... your call through. Thanks again for such a great resource.
    Maffster wrote: »
    Hi Rex, thanks for replying. I've not really messed around with it that much yet. It might all be very intuitive and no specific answers are needed :) I just wanted to make sure my note above was correct, really.

Hmm... seems this was saved in drafts and not posted all those weeks ago. Using it now it seems really intuitive. But the edits I mentioned above might be helpful... your call through. Thanks again for such a great resource.

Like I said before, I'm not to interested in expanding the "help" documentation. I totally understand how it might be useful, it's just not something I have time to work on.
  • Hey just got the sheet and noticed that the trait 'Ferengi' in Tourist Quark has a typo.
    ----
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Age of Sail Data's DIP is incorrect. Ushaan Archer and Ushaan Shran's SEC proficiencies don't match the wiki. Pah-wraith Cult Dukat's CMD and DIP bases are swapped.
    Age of Sail Data's DIP is incorrect. Ushaan Archer and Ushaan Shran's SEC proficiencies don't match the wiki. Pah-wraith Cult Dukat's CMD and DIP bases are swapped.

All fixed, thanks for the input
    Negh_var wrote: »
    Hey just got the sheet and noticed that the trait 'Ferengi' in Tourist Quark has a typo.
    Also fixed

All fixed, thanks for the input

Wunderbar. Excellent resource, thank you for the time you invest.
  • KantKant ✭✭✭
    Age of Sail Data's CMD is incorrect. Max - 44????????????
    edited September 2018
    Kant wrote: »
    Age of Sail Data's CMD is incorrect. Max - 44????????????

No need for the extra "??", I can assure you it doesn't make me update any faster.

For future reference, if anyone is posting a correction, it is helpful to include the corrected stat.
  • KantKant ✭✭✭
    CMD 1171 +(186-446)
    ENG 844 +(125-269)
    DIP 527 +(127-243)
  • thank you for updating so quickly with the new crew.
  • Is the link down?
    Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017
    Is the link down?

Looks like it's working on my end? 23 viewers of the file right now. I navigated to it from the link in the OP.

bv2z6djq9qdg.png
  • Apparently my work VPN is blocking google....
    Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Peachtree I'm not sure if this was always the case on the spreadsheet but it looks like some blue and all green and grey crew are missing off the voyage list tab, it looks like there is a limitation on the table of 500 crew can this be looked into?
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
    edited September 2018
    Hi Peachtree I'm not sure if this was always the case on the spreadsheet but it looks like some blue and all green and grey crew are missing off the voyage list tab, it looks like there is a limitation on the table of 500 crew can this be looked into?

Fixed both the Voyage sheet and the Gauntlet sheet (it had a similar issue). We are set to go until 999ish crew.

There's a UI issue on the "empty" rows of the Gauntlet sheet (it's showing some of the conditional formatting when it shouldn't). I spent a little time investigating, but haven't really figured out why it's behaving the way it is. Since it's at the bottom, I'm going to chalk it up as a known issue and move on with my life :)
    Sulan's 3 bases don't match the wiki. Don't have a FF copy laying around to confirm.
  • Thank you to all who work on this spreadsheet. I'm a veteran player but new to the sheet. I'm looking to maximize my crew, and this seems like a great tool to do just that.

I have a couple of questions that I'm not sure were already answered. Apologies if they were.

I've set up the personal filter and marked my FF/FE roster as owned. Right now it seems as if the Voyage tab is the best way to determine my top CMD crew, SCI crew, etc. Is there a better way to look at my top crew at a glance?

I also see a small handful of characters that are entered in at full strength, and then 3/4 (or similar). Was this a trial or something you recommend we do manually? Or is there a way to modify the star count to get appropriate stats? I have some x/5 characters that are getting a lot of voyage use and I'd like to see how that works out compared to my 4/4s.

Thanks again!
    PsionStorm wrote: »
    Thank you to all who work on this spreadsheet. I'm a veteran player but new to the sheet. I'm looking to maximize my crew, and this seems like a great tool to do just that.

I have a couple of questions that I'm not sure were already answered. Apologies if they were.

I've set up the personal filter and marked my FF/FE roster as owned. Right now it seems as if the Voyage tab is the best way to determine my top CMD crew, SCI crew, etc. Is there a better way to look at my top crew at a glance?

I also see a small handful of characters that are entered in at full strength, and then 3/4 (or similar). Was this a trial or something you recommend we do manually? Or is there a way to modify the star count to get appropriate stats? I have some x/5 characters that are getting a lot of voyage use and I'd like to see how that works out compared to my 4/4s.

Thanks again!

The manually entered partial fusions were holdovers from those that maintained the sheet before me. At one point, I was toying with the idea of getting the spreadsheet to actually query the Wiki for stats (like partial fusions and what not), but it was going to be entirely too much work to figure out and rely on the somewhat inconsistent formatting of the wiki.

Additionally, you see performance issues with the current number of rows, increasing them by a factor of 3 or 4 to include additional fusion levels would be awful. Not to mention the time it would take to manually enter.

You can manually change the stats for the characters you have partially fused (update "2. Crew Stats"). That's really the best option for that. An alternative is for you to use the iampicard tool (one of the other sticky posts in this forum). It can create an excel output of your current crew as they are now.
  • The manually entered partial fusions were holdovers from those that maintained the sheet before me. At one point, I was toying with the idea of getting the spreadsheet to actually query the Wiki for stats (like partial fusions and what not), but it was going to be entirely too much work to figure out and rely on the somewhat inconsistent formatting of the wiki.

Additionally, you see performance issues with the current number of rows, increasing them by a factor of 3 or 4 to include additional fusion levels would be awful. Not to mention the time it would take to manually enter.

You can manually change the stats for the characters you have partially fused (update "2. Crew Stats"). That's really the best option for that. An alternative is for you to use the iampicard tool (one of the other sticky posts in this forum). It can create an excel output of your current crew as they are now.

Sounds good. Thanks for clarifying!
  • On "Cadets 380 chance" Sito Jaxa has min command 368
    On "[Shuttle] Full Listing cadets" and "Top 10" she has min command 437
    On wiki she has 320 +(61–145) which would make 381 min command (if I understand this correctly).
    Which one is correct?

Also Science Officer T'Pol has 483 min science on Full Listing cadets but she is not on the 380 chance sheet at all
  • Forgot to ask this yesterday... for Starbase bonuses, how do I include my own personal bonuses? Should I just add them together? Or is it a separate spot I don't see.

Thanks again!
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forgot to ask this yesterday... for Starbase bonuses, how do I include my own personal bonuses? Should I just add them together? Or is it a separate spot I don't see.

Thanks again!

Make a copy of the spreadsheet then update your bonuses in tab 3, i think that's how you do it.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
    Forgot to ask this yesterday... for Starbase bonuses, how do I include my own personal bonuses? Should I just add them together? Or is it a separate spot I don't see.

Thanks again!

Make a copy of the spreadsheet then update your bonuses in tab 3, i think that's how you do it.

Yup, that's the intent
    On "Cadets 380 chance" Sito Jaxa has min command 368
    On "[Shuttle] Full Listing cadets" and "Top 10" she has min command 437
    On wiki she has 320 +(61–145) which would make 381 min command (if I understand this correctly).
    Which one is correct?

Also Science Officer T'Pol has 483 min science on Full Listing cadets but she is not on the 380 chance sheet at all

The "380 Chance" sheet isn't actually pulling from the entered data, it's basically a standalone sheet. The reason its stats are lower is because it isn't applying starbase bonuses.

Honestly, I had sort of forgotten about its existence. Unless there's a huge outcry about it, I don't really plan on updating it. The data transformations required wouldn't exactly be easy, which is why I didn't port it over when I made the other upgrades to begin with.