Home The Bridge
Options

New Vulcan/Romulan Mega-Event in April featuring the legendary Surak!

SunshineRikerSunshineRiker ✭✭✭✭✭
g0on7ilhp2ur.png

Spock once called him "the greatest of all who ever lived on our planet."

On April 5th, the Legendary Surak will arrive in STAR TREK TIMELINES! He will be the recurring crew in our Vulcan and Romulan-themed Mega-Event, "All We Become."

More details about the April Mega-Event will be revealed next week.

Comments

• Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has he a helmet on his head, or is this supposed to be hair?
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has he a helmet on his head, or is this supposed to be hair?

Why limit yourself to just one?
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG this is the worst artwork ever!!!!! WTF is that? Hyprocatic Noah or Resistance Neelix looks so good that they look almost like a picture and this looks like a rejected second-grade drawing.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    The art is.....well.... not as bad as Mirror Data.. to say the least...

Edit: Oh god, nevermind.. I looked him over a couple times and.. ugggggg
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    Artwork aside, at least he qualifies as a legend.
  • Options
    Knight RangerKnight Ranger ✭✭✭✭
    OMG this is the worst artwork ever!!!!! WTF is that?

Worse than Mr Potato Head Martok, Christopher Walken Data or Broken Nose Reed?
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some art is better, but I like this fine. I will save my complaints for when it is bad. This has details.
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vulcan/Romulan and Sarek, maybe Archer will finally be in an event.
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭

Those abominations are purged from memory and so don't count as "worst artwork ever" - something that do not exist can't be counted.
  • Options
    Vulcan/Romulan and Sarek, maybe Archer will finally be in an event.

Kir'Shara Archer would be nice
  • Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other then having more of a resemblance to Bryan Cranston then Bruce Gray, I have no complaints with the Art.
  • Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Surak is : Breaking Bad Vulcans
  • Options
    DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    Start collecting the IDICs and Romulan Emblems
  • Options
    ·§ë· For the Many·§ë· For the Many ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

Convenient to set the bar low. -.- (edit for clarity: that the bar is set low with much of the newer art, so that when it's just blah but not to the degree of Potatok & Mirror Han Solo, we think it's better.)

Several points about the newer art inspire me less, but the outlines on the faces making it look cut-out is probably the biggest detractor. I hope we get back/forward to a style more like the older pieces. Seven of Nine doesn't look like a cut-out with unnecessary borders on her face for example:
    ort5zzq2op62.png

But YAY Vulcan/Romulan Mega! :relaxed: Please make him 3-skilled. DIP/SCI/MED
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    At first I didn't really get the art complaints, but I feel like there's something wrong with the neck. Is his head disproportionately small for the body, maybe?

Anyway, I think we can agree it's a good character choice for a Mega5. It does kind of break the "epic failure" streak though. Well...I guess when his TOS recreation tried to make peace with the "bad guys" it didn't go all that well. So there's that.
  • Options
    Captain LostCaptain Lost ✭✭✭✭
    Romulan/Vulcan Mega should be fun. I hope we get a good Spock out of this! (Captain Spock, *hint* *hint*)
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why people are hating on the art. I tgink Surak looks fine.

So Dip/Cmd/Sci?
  • Options
    I was thinking more Dip/Sci/Com
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options

Convenient to set the bar low. -.-

He/she didn't just say it was bad with no qualifier, he/she said it was the worst artwork "ever", so we have to include the Potato Nose Walken trifecta to judge by that criteria.
  • Options
    I was thinking more Dip/Sci/Com

Being a philosopher and teacher, I see him more as a counsellor/MED type than command for his 3rd skill.

I don't see CMD for him though I'd be happy with this as long as it's not his primary/secondary.
  • Options
    Giving him a Magneto vibe there.
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Giving him a Magneto vibe there.

Now that, would be legendary.
  • Options
    Well, if the characters that popped up in the cryo vault and were later removed are any indication, seems like we'll also be getting a new Spock and Amanda during the event.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options
    Well if everyone is going to act like that...what are his hands covering up? Sounds like a great Event...standing ready with Discover card @Shan
    😂😂
  • Options
    Tongo Rad wrote: »
    I will admit (although it is not logical) that I am super-excited for this event! Just wish we were getting the original Surak -but is there an issue obtaining the rights to Barry Atwater's image?
    xaverbpwfvfo.jpg

Technically he's not Surak, just an illusion of Surak,like Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    well Tongo, if the actor/actress has passed away they usually have a hard time getting the rights