Home The Bridge
Options

New Vulcan/Romulan Mega-Event in April featuring the legendary Surak!

Comments

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    This event should be fun. I havent been into the past few Mega Events. Hopefully we get more cannon characters and less Discovery.

Discovery characters are c-a-n-o-n by definition, given that they appeared on screen/film. 🖖🏻

Unless he means Age of Sail crew? :smile:
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    This event should be fun. I havent been into the past few Mega Events. Hopefully we get more cannon characters and less Discovery.

I just want no Discovery characters at all for these events. I hope that isn't too much to ask.

But, seriously, DSC hasn't been represented since the DSC/Andorian mega event so I don't understand the complaint.

TOS: Dress Uniform Scotty, Crashing the Party (February 8)
    TNG: Victorian Pulaski, Consolation Prize (March 8)
    DS9: Zek, Prime Directive rerun (CURRENT)
    VOY: Resistance Neelix, Consolation Prize (March 8)
    ENT: Harris/Mirror Tucker, Prime Directive rerun (CURRENT)
    DSC: Time Loop Mudd, Founders at War (February 22)

• Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭

I just want no Discovery characters at all for these events. I hope that isn't too much to ask.

If there were a good Discovery crew member that weren't already in the game and fit the theme of the event, I'd be okay with it, but that's really not the case. We've got two versions of Discovery Sarek already, as well as Graduate Burnham. It's hard to imagine who else from Discovery would fit. The two Sareks will get any bonus given to Vulcans, so in that way Discovery is getting some love. It really doesn't merit anything more given the theme.

Now if this were an Orion event, or another Mirror event, that would be different. There's definitely some interesting potential crew from Discovery to fit those themes. And it sounds like next year there may be some new Section 31 crew from Discovery as well.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭

I think DB will be light on Disco until the next season hits the screen, but they may throw in a few just to keep interest up.

I would be happy if they gave us one, just as long as it is Captain Killy Tilly, The Slayer of Sorna Prime.

bcc2a9c7bb986e2a7d38527c978b44ca.jpg
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭

I think DB will be light on Disco until the next season hits the screen, but they may throw in a few just to keep interest up.

I would be happy if they gave us one, just as long as it is Captain Killy Tilly, The Slayer of Sorna Prime.

Ok I'll give you that one. But I don't see how she'd play into this event.
    But, seriously, DSC hasn't been represented since the DSC/Andorian mega event so I don't understand the complaint.

My "complaint" is not how long its been since we had a new DIS person, it's having the mega event roster flooded with DIS people. Last mega had 7 crew from DIS out of the 13 offered crew (Saru, Sarek, Cornwell, Mudd, Ash, Landry, Burnham) that's more than 50%. So yes, I'd like this mega to be a break from any DIS overhaul or any DIS at all really.

This mega-event should mostly be TOS, TNG, and ENT with maybe a light sprinkling of DS9 or VOY depending on if they want to put Tuvok in the mega or if they want to do some of the Romulans from DS9. Mainly I would like to have my Vulcan-Romulan mega celebrating the series from which the most focus on Vulcans and Romulans comes, not some thrown-in tangential DIS Vulcan/Romulan. And I don't think it is too much to ask that the event stay on-board with the three series who featured those races the most.

I don't hate DIS so if you think that's my motivation, then you're mistaken. I just like series relevance to be respected if possible and DIS has little to no relevance regarding the Vulcan-Romulan plotlines.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    JayneCobbJayneCobb ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I didn't even realize until this event was announced that there is only one 5* with the Romulan trait and it's Data.....go figure.

Edit: I also didn't realize there were only 12 Romulans total
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    My "complaint" is not how long its been since we had a new DIS person, it's having the mega event roster flooded with DIS people. Last mega had 7 crew from DIS out of the 13 offered crew (Saru, Sarek, Cornwell, Mudd, Ash, Landry, Burnham) that's more than 50%.

There was also an abundance of Andorians in the last mega event.

And did you notice how many mirror characters in the Mirror mega event?
  • Options
    JayneCobb wrote: »
    I didn't even realize until this event was announced that there is only one 5* with the Romulan trait and it's Data.....go figure.

Well, if they gave Shinzon the Romulan trait (consistent with the Viceroy, which has the Romulan trait), there would be one more. I hadn't realized this until I searched Romulan in my crew vault, too. Will be interesting to see if any of the legendaries this month are Romulan.

Romulans also tend not to have great skill stats. Let's set aside the legendaries (since, as you noted, Data is the only Romulan legendary) and just compare the super rares. Right now, there's at least one Vulcan with a higher skill value than the highest Romulan in that area, except for engineering (T'Rul being the best engineer). For example, the highest Romulan diplomacy skill belongs to Romulan Kirk (go figure!). Sarek, Sybok, and Ambassador Sarek are all better at diplomacy. The highest Romulan command skill belongs to Alidar Jarok or Cmdr. Nevesa (depending on how you add the base and proficiency skills). Captain T'Pol and T'Mir both have either of them beat. Etc.
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope that we will get more Romulans than Vulcans in this event.

Vrenak, Valdore, Koval!!!!
  • Options
    For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »
    My "complaint" is not how long its been since we had a new DIS person, it's having the mega event roster flooded with DIS people. Last mega had 7 crew from DIS out of the 13 offered crew (Saru, Sarek, Cornwell, Mudd, Ash, Landry, Burnham) that's more than 50%.

"Abundance"? Hmm...there were 5 (6 if you count the new 3* Shran). One was existing (commando Shran). I wouldn't say that's an abundance. Total event crew for that Mega were 7 DIS, 1 TOS, 5 Andorians (only 4 new). I wouldn't say that's a relative "abundance".

Not sure what you mean by the Mirror event comment? What does that have to do with DIS exactly? All crew in the Mirror event were Mirror, but that has little to do with the distribution of DIS crew vs other series being represented.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    Why is Surak smiling????

And I hope they give us the original Amanda Grayson and not some ST:D abomimation.
  • Options

I think DB will be light on Disco until the next season hits the screen, but they may throw in a few just to keep interest up

I hope not. I'm a little sick of STD being rammed down my throat. Why do they keep wedging STF into plotlines where it doesn't fit? Attempting to "keep interest up" by artificially boosting a series will never work. Too many people airlock discover characters as soon as they get them. I certainly do.
  • Options

"Abundance"? Hmm...there were 5 (6 if you count the new 3* Shran). One was existing (commando Shran). I wouldn't say that's an abundance. Total event crew for that Mega were 7 DIS, 1 TOS, 5 Andorians (only 4 new). I wouldn't say that's a relative "abundance".

Not sure what you mean by the Mirror event comment? What does that have to do with DIS exactly? All crew in the Mirror event were Mirror, but that has little to do with the distribution of DIS crew vs other series being represented.

He's just being needlessly snarky is all. For some reason me stating that I'd like a non-DIS focused mega not be heavily DIS populated is fighting words or something. Hence, why he brought some attitude with the mirror mega comment and the Andorians comment as if "oh it's obvious the last mega was supposed to be DIS so duh, you're going to get DIS". But the events of last mega were things that mostly happened in ENT, not DIS so I really don't know why you're acting a bit hostile here buddy.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    "oh it's obvious the last mega was supposed to be DIS so duh, you're going to get DIS".

It was billed as a Discovery/Andorian mega event. Hence the majority of event characters were Discovery and Andorian. So yeah, your quote is pretty accurate.
  • Options
    "oh it's obvious the last mega was supposed to be DIS so duh, you're going to get DIS".

It was billed as a Discovery/Andorian mega event. Hence the majority of event characters were Discovery and Andorian. So yeah, your quote is pretty accurate.

In a Disco/Andorian event I'd expect at least a 50/50, not 7 to 5 distribution.

Also we already had a Disco mega, so it would have been nice for the recurring to be Andorian, since that's the more unique aspect of the mega.

But whatever, that happened. And all Lady Gaghgagh is asking for is a very reasonable request that since Disco isn't the focus of the mega, lets bring some characters in from series where Vulcans and Romulans played a larger role.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options

Also we already had a Disco mega, so it would have been nice for the recurring to be Andorian, since that's the more unique aspect of the mega.

But whatever, that happened. And all Lady Gaghgagh is asking for is a very reasonable request that since Disco isn't the focus of the mega, lets bring some characters in from series where Vulcans and Romulans played a larger role.

This is literally all I asked for, thanks.
    Smh at the attitude I was given about it though.

• Options
    Tongo Rad wrote: »
    We're getting Kohlinahr Spock! I am so happy I've been saving my dilithium and chrons the last two weeks.
    qmkci3v6jy4l.jpg

Yes! Very exciting. He was on my list of hoped for characters for this event.

But we still need the woman who is, "all of Vulcan in one package." Give us T'Pau!

4187q09m84xz.png

w9mzaicnctnn.png

I forgot how good their casting was for young T'Pau. I'd really like both to be in the game eventually.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    And all Lady Gaghgagh is asking for is a very reasonable request that since Disco isn't the focus of the mega, lets bring some characters in from series where Vulcans and Romulans played a larger role.

This is literally all I asked for, thanks.
    Smh at the attitude I was given about it though.

Very reasonable request. But then you trotted out the last event as if it was justification for your complaint - "look at all the Discovery characters in the last mega event!" Seems a little odd.
    "oh it's obvious the last mega was supposed to be DIS so duh, you're going to get DIS"

Attitude though? Not that much.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

My "complaint" is not how long its been since we had a new DIS person, it's having the mega event roster flooded with DIS people. Last mega had 7 crew from DIS out of the 13 offered crew (Saru, Sarek, Cornwell, Mudd, Ash, Landry, Burnham) that's more than 50%. So yes, I'd like this mega to be a break from any DIS overhaul or any DIS at all really.

This mega-event should mostly be TOS, TNG, and ENT with maybe a light sprinkling of DS9 or VOY depending on if they want to put Tuvok in the mega or if they want to do some of the Romulans from DS9. Mainly I would like to have my Vulcan-Romulan mega celebrating the series from which the most focus on Vulcans and Romulans comes, not some thrown-in tangential DIS Vulcan/Romulan. And I don't think it is too much to ask that the event stay on-board with the three series who featured those races the most.

I don't hate DIS so if you think that's my motivation, then you're mistaken. I just like series relevance to be respected if possible and DIS has little to no relevance regarding the Vulcan-Romulan plotlines.

If this is really a Vulcan mega guest starring Romulans I'd agree. However, if Romulans are really going to be represented, DS9 should be in their sights.

List of Romulan appearances by series

◾ENT: (5)
    ◾TOS: (3)
    ◾TAS: (3)
    ◾TOS films: (3)
    ◾TNG: (21)
    ◾ TNG films: (2)
    ◾ DS9: (16)
    ◾ VOY: (6)

I'm already getting more and more disappointed in thinking this is pretty much just gonna be all Vulcan with maybe 2-3 new Romulans.

Wishing they'd just done a Vulcan mega and a Romulan mega later on.
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guarantee we'll all be sick to death of Romulans in a month. ;)
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't understand why you would be irritated over a 60/40 vs 50/50 split. They are pretty close to even and Andorians are a pretty minor race in the ST universe, so it shouldn't be surprising.

Given the prominence of Vulcans relative to Romulans in the series, I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar distribution.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't understand why you would be irritated over a 60/40 vs 50/50 split. They are pretty close to even and Andorians are a pretty minor race in the ST universe, so it shouldn't be surprising.

Given the prominence of Vulcans relative to Romulans in the series, I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar distribution.

Splitting hairs, but wasn't it also 7 new Disco to 4 new Andorians? It's a wide enough margin for it to just be called a Disco event that the Andorians showed up to.

• Options
    Pallidyne wrote: »

If this is really a Vulcan mega guest starring Romulans I'd agree. However, if Romulans are really going to be represented, DS9 should be in their sights.

I'm already getting more and more disappointed in thinking this is pretty much just gonna be all Vulcan with maybe 2-3 new Romulans.

I really hope not on the possibility of Vulcan majority, teeny-tiny Romulan appearance. I'm trying to think of prominent DS9 Romulans though. I mean there's Koval, Vreenak, Cretak, T'Rul, Neral, and I'm blanking on any others. Are the 16 just appearances by Romulans counting in such a way where certain Romulan characters appeared more than once (e.g. Cretak, T'Rul) and not 16 separate individual Romulan characters in the series?

The 5 I can remember are still great Romulan characters and I'm up for them appearing, although we already have T'Rul and Cretak.
  • Options
    Pallidyne wrote: »

Pallidyne -- Did you count those yourself, or is that list somewhere online? I loved the TOS films, but can only think of two Romulan appearances - Caithlin Dar from ST:TFF and Amb. Nanclus from ST:TUC. What's the other one?