Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Reverie in Prime - 05/10

Comments

• Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're also still waiting on the addition of the Musician trait to Mademoiselle de Neuf. Shan said they'd get on it, so there's still time, but the time is ticking down.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're also still waiting on the addition of the Musician trait to Mademoiselle de Neuf. Shan said they'd get on it, so there's still time, but the time is ticking down.

The server push is usually sometime on Tuesday, or more often Wednesday, before the event announcement and even packs go up.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else hoping we'll get a musicians collection to go with all the bonus musicians this week?

The server push is usually sometime on Tuesday, or more often Wednesday, before the event announcement and even packs go up.

Speaking of... They just did the push and the trait was added as expected.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    Anyone else hoping we'll get a musicians collection to go with all the bonus musicians this week?

Hope, yes. Expect, no.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018

It's a little on the large size (45 crew) but that's comparable to the Do No Harm and To Boldly Go collections (44 and 51 respectively).

Decent mix of crew at all rarity levels. It certainly seems like a reasonable collection, but I would be surprised to see an addition this early in the feature's life.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭

I think they need to do some work on the Musician trait before creating a collection around it. Jazz Musician Riker is the only version of Riker that's a musician. But almost every version of Spock is a musician. Mirror Vic Fontaine is a musician, but that version of the character appeared briefly and showed no talent other than pulling a trigger -- there's no reason to assume he has the same talents/skills as his holodeck character counterpart in the main universe.

So, no, I hope they don't create such a collection, at least not until they figure this trait out better.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends

I think they need to do some work on the Musician trait before creating a collection around it. Jazz Musician Riker is the only version of Riker that's a musician. But almost every version of Spock is a musician. Mirror Vic Fontaine is a musician, but that version of the character appeared briefly and showed no talent other than pulling a trigger -- there's no reason to assume he has the same talents/skills as his holodeck character counterpart in the main universe.

So, no, I hope they don't create such a collection, at least not until they figure this trait out better.

Usually folks raising hell after a collection is made is motivation for them to fix. Otherwise trait fixes in some cases take a year.
  • DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    Based off the image profile in the vault, looks like we are getting the version where he is in his tux, which for me is a must
    Based off the image profile in the vault, looks like we are getting the version where he is in his tux, which for me is a must

vtpwcg4h9jrq.jpeg
    (Not my pic)
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Usually folks raising hell after a collection is made is motivation for them to fix. Otherwise trait fixes in some cases take a year.

Maybe, but this trait is so messed up that the number of folks eligible for the collection could fluctuate by more than a dozen depending on how it sorts out. I would argue that they got it right with Riker -- just the version of him w/ trombone is the musician. But others would argue they got it right with Spock -- every version of him is a musician because he knows how to play the Vulcan lyre (even if he never plays it during the relevant episode/movie). If DB sides with my point of view, the number of crew eligible for the collection would be significantly cut. If DB sides with those who think they got Spock right, a lot of Rikers (and probably some others I haven't thought about) will have to get added to the collection. [Note: To DB's credit, in the case of Picard, the trait seems to be applied only to versions of him that occurred chronologically after the episode where he lived someone else's life and learned to play an instrument.]

It's too late to make the application of this trait consistent in time for this event, but at least it's a galaxy event where having a large number of bonus crew matters less.

The impact on collections, which is permanent, would be more significant. Based on what happened with the Doctor/Physician collection, where Dr. Hippocrates Noah got grandfathered in, fixing the trait ex post facto leaves some mistakes permanently in place. (Once DB finally admits their mistake with Gillian Taylor and she loses the physician trait, I bet she gets grandfathered in, too.) There are too many mistakes in the case of the musician trait for that to be an acceptable approach. They need to make the trait more consistent first.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh wow. The Doc looks great! And three stats!
  • Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5TFnBkgIos

One of the funnier moments in TNG ...

Very Animal House of Worf...
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Speaking of, where is the Klingon Opera love for Worf? He sings in the empty halls of the Defiant! Surely DB hasn't forgotten his rendition of the theme from Aktuh and Melota?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwhBUSB1iXg

Considering the size of his collection, he deserves the Musician trait as well!
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    Speaking of, where is the Klingon Opera love for Worf? He sings in the empty halls of the Defiant! Surely DB hasn't forgotten his rendition of the theme from Aktuh and Melota?!

I'm not sure that singing in empty halls is a qualification. If I sing in the shower, do I get the musician trait?
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »
    Magisse wrote: »
    If I sing in the shower, do I get the musician trait?

Depends on the size of your collection ...
    Walked into that one...
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure that singing in empty halls is a qualification. If I sing in the shower, do I get the musician trait?

Well, there's also his experience with Gilbert and Sullivan...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyyjCn1ML3k
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voila-la-laaaaaa
    cj5bjbx0cbbc.jpg

Doc looks great... Geordie looks... strange to me
  • Yateball wrote: »
    Voila-la-laaaaaa
    cj5bjbx0cbbc.jpg

Doc looks great... Geordie looks... strange to me

Something about the yellow line unseparated down his chin/neck and the abstract hat?
    Despite that I think he will look fab next to Merry Man Worf on the bridge. :smile: I wish there was a ship with several slots to fit everyone from that episode.
  • Hopefully the additional pack offered during event contains chance of 5* Sheriff of Nottingham Q, 5* Will Scarlett, 4* Friar Tuck Data, 4* Robin Hood. Seems ideal opportunity.

Well, there's also his experience with Gilbert and Sullivan...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyyjCn1ML3k

Wouldn't that add Data at some point --- for he is an Englishman :)
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't wait to pull a Vic Fontaine who I already have immortalized.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am so happy that Vic is ranked reward and Alan-a-Dale is threshold! I have Vic FE at 3/4, meaning I'll be able to do threshold-and-out this week, yet walk away with 2 fully fused 4* crew! AND I'll be saving thousands of chronitons by not having to worry about rankings... thanks DB!
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was hoping Alan-a-Dale would be slightly stronger on the Engineering front, but hey - another strong diplomat!
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully the additional pack offered during event contains chance of 5* Sheriff of Nottingham Q, 5* Will Scarlett, 4* Friar Tuck Data, 4* Robin Hood. Seems ideal opportunity.

They should throw in a 5* Maid Marian Vash while they're at it.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doc has 'ok' stats... decent DIP Gauntlet contender
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks pretty good for Voyages with his base + proficiency DIP numbers
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doc is good. I am wondering if I should go all the way? That's a lot of tapping to get to even top 15 and I suspect he'll be hotly contested.

Alan is another Innovator but I am disappointed by his intact mandolin.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals