Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Reverie in Prime - 05/10

Comments

• GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a good thing this is a galaxy event and I'm ending up with an FF'd copy of Alan-A-Dale Geordi. Because he's going right into the freezer.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    @Shan is 4* Vic Fountain new, or do you need to adjust your spell chekcer?
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vic isn't new, it's just mislabeled. Technically it's Queen Vic. 5t2cslt8n582.png
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Couldn't they find better stuff to put in than 3* Spock's robes? That aren't even useful for other Spocks... Boombox, Lute and IDIC are generally useful (especially Boombox and IDIC), but robes... Pheeeeh!
    edited May 2018
    We are overstocked with Dip characters

I agree, Engineering is a category with very few HIGH (like power creep high) base super rares. I was really hoping Geordi would be one.
  • NS111111NS111111 ✭✭✭
    Great artwork for the new two this week.

After a lot of bad art for a while (the Yar was ghastly in particular) it's back up towards the old standard recently. Think the Doctor in particular is a great little one.
  • [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree, Engineering is a category with very few HIGH (like power creep high) base super rares. I was really hoping Geordi would be one.

Agreed. 810 DIP doesn’t even crack my top 7. Not sure it’s worth the chron sink this week when I can level other characters.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    gobolts07 wrote: »

Agreed. 810 DIP doesn’t even crack my top 7. Not sure it’s worth the chron sink this week when I can level other characters.

Same here. 810 base would be 14th on my crew, between my 1/5* Vreenak and 3/4* Pel. I really want a fourth star for Vic but it will be threshold and out for me, as with most Galaxy events.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭

It's the only La Forge variant with DIP, which could be useful in future faction events.

Incidentally, it also means that he now covers all 6 skills.
    edited May 2018
    Dralix wrote: »

It's the only La Forge variant with DIP, which could be useful in future faction events.

Incidentally, it also means that he now covers all 6 skills.

A Geordi is always useful. Which is exactly why I'm immortalizing him to send him straight to cold storage. Which I regret, I like Geordi and the art is great. I would have loved to keep him in active duty. Really hate that my best engineers are characters I don't really "love."
  • admroseadmrose ✭✭
    Shouldn’t Virtuoso Doctor have the Cultural Figure trait? Basically the entire planet wanted to hear him sing.
    edited May 2018
    admrose wrote: »
    Shouldn’t Virtuoso Doctor have the Cultural Figure trait? Basically the entire planet wanted to hear him sing.

I was going to say cultural figures have to have been around long enough for children to grow up learning about them, but then I realized even the two young Sareks have that trait.

EDIT: Well, in all fairness, Sarek would have been nearing a hundred by the time of Discovery anyway, so maybe his exploits had become famous.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alan-A-Dale will be my new #3 base ENG behind Niners Rom (853) and Tuskegee Mayweather (828). Those stats are all pre-bonus. After starbase and collection bonuses, Sad Mandolin Player Geordi will get bumped up to 899.
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    His primary skill is Diplomacy not Engineering.
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alan-A-Dale will be my new #3 base ENG behind Niners Rom (853) and Tuskegee Mayweather (828). Those stats are all pre-bonus. After starbase and collection bonuses, Sad Mandolin Player Geordi will get bumped up to 899.

Eng is his tertiary skill. You looking at his Dip? His Eng may actually not even clear 500 with bonuses.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Geordie is an innovator and adds to the cryo achievement.
    Let’s fly!
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    Well, he'll find place in my Voyage line-up. Though between him, KO'br, PO'Br and TLMudd I need to kick somebody in freezer. Most likely Mudd, he doubles with Prisoner O'Brien while being a bit worse (even if with better shuttle stats).
  • Hi, I haven’t read all post so forgive me if this has already been said. Why in the multiverse is Recovering Spock a threshold reward? I fail to see the relevance. It seems that the DB team, have lost interest in the game, and the threshold rewards are becoming more and more insignificant and the event rewards unobtainable unless cash money is spent.
    Please, DB team, make the events worth participating in, if I / we have to commit 4 days to an event, let there be something worth gaming for.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Hi, I haven’t read all post so forgive me if this has already been said. Why in the multiverse is Recovering Spock a threshold reward? I fail to see the relevance. It seems that the DB team, have lost interest in the game, and the threshold rewards are becoming more and more insignificant and the event rewards unobtainable unless cash money is spent.
    Please, DB team, make the events worth participating in, if I / we have to commit 4 days to an event, let there be something worth gaming for.

Recovering Spock is a musician. The event is about musicians.

But, really, if you've put money into the game, when is the last time the 2* reward actually mattered to you? Worry about the important stuff.
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, I haven’t read all post so forgive me if this has already been said. Why in the multiverse is Recovering Spock a threshold reward? I fail to see the relevance. It seems that the DB team, have lost interest in the game, and the threshold rewards are becoming more and more insignificant and the event rewards unobtainable unless cash money is spent.

Probably because Geordi and Vic have no 2-star versions, and the holodoc's version is honor-hall only. That leaves musicians for the threshold, of which only Spock and Data are the only 2-stars with that trait. A new 2-star Geordi to fill the gap would be nice, but we don't get new uncommons often.

Except for the few events where new characters were released, the 2-star threshold reward has never been relevent except to the newest of new players. At the end of the day, it's 200 honor one way or another.
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was going thresholds and out.....now, just going out and take community rewards....gonna be a nice weekend :smile:
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    At the end of the day, it's 200 honor one way or another.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    The closer this event gets, the less excited I am to do anything in it... I'll FF both purples while having to do very little so that's something I guess...
  • [NDQ] Joker41NAM[NDQ] Joker41NAM ✭✭✭✭

There's no trait for "pop-star."
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aaaaand, the cost of all ranks just went up 2500 chrons.

That seals it, as much as I like to collector Doctors, I can't be bothered to stay over 1000 this week. I guess I'll just stick Geordi in the freezer and hope for more next week.
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    yeah it's going to be an expensive one - probably 500,000 for top 1000. Still, I'll click for it this time as I like all 3.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Well, I can wait for 4th Vic to drop from voyage. This is threshold and out event now. First one threshold-and-out event for me. Despite not having better place to spend chrons, as I pre-farm for galaxy events half of the time now.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

That seals it, as much as I like to collector Doctors, I can't be bothered to stay over 1000 this week. I guess I'll just stick Geordi in the freezer and hope for more next week.

Did I miss something?
  • [NDQ] Joker41NAM[NDQ] Joker41NAM ✭✭✭✭

Did I miss something?

They just gave 2500 chrons to everyone, in honor of it being the 100th event.