Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Reverie in Prime - 05/10

Comments

• Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brunt, FCA wrote: »
    As an aside, I'd just like to point out that this will make the third event for the character Vic Fontaine, including two in this specific persona (the other was as his Mirror counterpart). As a fan of Vic, I approve of this.

Third? I'm blanking. What was the other Vic event?

From the STT wiki: "Mirror Vic Fontaine was added December 13th, 2017 as a ranked reward for the Faction event Imperial Decree, part two of the Mirror Universe mega-event Smoke & Mirrors."

Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an aside, I'd just like to point out that this will make the third event for the character Vic Fontaine, including two in this specific persona (the other was as his Mirror counterpart). As a fan of Vic, I approve of this.

Mirror Vic
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

Apparently one I'd hallucinated. Carry on.
  • Not quite sure I get the rationale. This week: 5 bonus crew for faction event that could use 16. Next week: 50 bonus crew for galaxy event that could use 5...

(Before anyone replies: Numbers are not 100% accurate but used for effect)
  • ·§ë· For the Many·§ë· For the Many ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    @Shan is this a good time to ask that the "Physician" trait is added to every version of The Doctor? It's still his thing, even if he's on a mission in the holodeck (President of Earth) or temporarily in command (Emergency Command Hologram). Just as every version of Jadzia Dax is an Astrophysicist, even if she wears a different dress. :) Many appreciations for it, thanks.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    @Shan is this a good time to ask that the "Physician" trait is added to every version of The Doctor? It's still his thing, even if he's on a mission in the holodeck (President of Earth) or temporarily in command (Emergency Command Hologram). Just as every version of Jadzia Dax is an Astrophysicist, even if she wears a different dress. :) Many appreciations for it, thanks.

ECH actually had to lose the doctor programming to be a commander, so technically he isn't a doctor at all. Don't tell them that though!

From Memory Alpha:
    Essentially, the ECH was designed to be a 'backup captain' which possessed information from all major Starfleet strategic and tactical databases. The ECH could incorporate the data into its plans for controlling the ship. It also had basic engineering skills in order to assess damage when necessary. The ECH could interact with the computer or use any console manually if desired as the captain would. While the computer can be ordered, when possible, to bypass or reroute systems to get the ship working again, the ECH could replace necessary components or otherwise manually repair any system required.

Sounds like a CMD-SEC-ENG to me.
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    ym0w7hjct7ny.jpg
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • SiblinSiblin ✭✭✭
    9gtv4m6wjic3.png

Is he saying, "Give us more crew slots?"

He’s singing “woaaaah threshold and out” to the tune of “E di Pensier”...
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah excellent. I expect a free copy of The Doctor, five new crew slots, and the highest eng and med cards in the game to celebrate the 100th event! As well as a event pack pull in the community rewards. Something to celebrate!

The lady doth expect too much, methinks.
    edited May 2018

ECH actually had to lose the doctor programming to be a commander, so technically he isn't a doctor at all. Don't tell them that though!

From Memory Alpha:
    Essentially, the ECH was designed to be a 'backup captain' which possessed information from all major Starfleet strategic and tactical databases. The ECH could incorporate the data into its plans for controlling the ship. It also had basic engineering skills in order to assess damage when necessary. The ECH could interact with the computer or use any console manually if desired as the captain would. While the computer can be ordered, when possible, to bypass or reroute systems to get the ship working again, the ECH could replace necessary components or otherwise manually repair any system required.

Sounds like a CMD-SEC-ENG to me.

You did just tell them that. ;) His primary skill is MED. Do you remember which episode it's from where they said all his medical subroutines would be removed? I'm re-watching the ECH episodes now to find it, but:

As the ECH in S7:E15 Workforce: Part 1, he's treating Chakotay and Neelix in sickbay as their physician. He implanted a subdermal transponder into Neelix and did reconstructive surgery on both of them to pose as aliens on the planet where the rest of the crew were hijacked to.

In the next episode Workforce: Part 2, still as the ECH he's doing brain scans on Torres, analyzing and undoing the damage to her memory engrams which were done on the planet. He's definitely still a physician and should have that trait.

The President of Earth is still a physician too, he's just in costume.
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Do you remember which episode it's from where they said all his medical subroutines would be removed?

It was this one, wasn't it - the singing one? The never-heard-music-before species made a new singing hologram than could outperform him and he wanted to rewrite himself to have more range including deleting his medical knowledge to make more room in his matrix or whatever - I don't think it actually happened, though, it was just something he suggested while he was being all obsessed. (In any case, he did perform earlier in the episode without deleting anything, so this version of him ought to still have the Physician trait.)
  • The 100th event features easily the most irritating character from the 90s series (the effeminate EMH that is incredibly irritating and narcissistic)....Vick which I really don't care about...and Merry Man Laforge....This is an easy pass for me.
  • Not quite sure I get the rationale. This week: 5 bonus crew for faction event that could use 16. Next week: 50 bonus crew for galaxy event that could use 5...

(Before anyone replies: Numbers are not 100% accurate but used for effect)

There are 17 Ferengi available.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 100th event features easily the most irritating character from the 90s series (the effeminate EMH that is incredibly irritating and narcissistic)....Vick which I really don't care about...and Merry Man Laforge....This is an easy pass for me.

You liked Neelix more than The Doctor? Whoa.
    edited May 2018
    Kaitee wrote: »
    Do you remember which episode it's from where they said all his medical subroutines would be removed?

It was this one, wasn't it - the singing one? The never-heard-music-before species made a new singing hologram than could outperform him and he wanted to rewrite himself to have more range including deleting his medical knowledge to make more room in his matrix or whatever - I don't think it actually happened, though, it was just something he suggested while he was being all obsessed. (In any case, he did perform earlier in the episode without deleting anything, so this version of him ought to still have the Physician trait.)

We're talking about different versions of him. There are two existing 4* versions of The Doctor who are physicians and should have the physician trait, but don't: Command Hologram (ECH) and The President of Earth. Neither of them were missing any of his physician abilities.

For the new 5* Virtuoso Doctor version, I don't think his physician abilities were removed either, but will watch that episode again just to make sure.
    Can we please get back to our collective wish that Alan-A-Dale have a base engineering stat around 900?
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5TFnBkgIos

One of the funnier moments in TNG ...
    That's Captain Tambourine Man to you.
  • [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    All I can remember from was that he impressed some aliens that reverared intellegence...and that the aliens had an obsession with the number of digits of pi people could calculate. It seemed like a dumb person's idea of what smart people would be impressed by to me.

Actually, they were completely and utterly dismissive of him and his abilities, until they heard him humming a tune. This was the first time they had ever heard or conceived of music. This instantly changed their view of him.
    "was that he impressed some aliens that reverared intellegence"

lol.
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flemming wrote: »
    I think we're forgetting the major point of this event; Star Trek THE MUSICAL!

*Shamelessly stolen from MAD Magazine's "Star Trek - The Musical"*
    Spock: Captain, I've been checking our roster! Of 480 crewmen, 475 DO NOTHING!
    Kirk: They only seem to do nothing Mr. [Spock]! Actually each is a minor actor who will shortly appear in an episode...and be KILLED!! Without THEM, WE couldn't survive! See...

*Sung to the tune of "The Age of Aquarius"

"As your ship... goes through the gal-ax-y
    To distant worlds... way past Mars-
    Make sure... that your ad-ven-tures
    Do...not...kill...off...your...stars!

And you can do it with
    A crew that's dispensible-
    A crew that's dispensible-
    Dis-pens-ible!
    Dis-pens-ible!
    "

P.S. You don't need more crew slots!
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Knight RangerKnight Ranger ✭✭✭✭
    Flemming wrote: »
    Thinking about Star Trek the Musical, I'm reminded of the Star Trekking parody many years ago.

"Star Trekkin, across the universe
    Only going forward, cause we can't find reverse."

Google it, you'll smile.

"Boldly going forward". I'm old enough to remember this when it came out ;)
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    I’ll always take more versions of the Doctor. We could use some high medical base, but I suspect he’ll be high dip.

Loved that episode.

And always more versions of Geordi and Qpid characters are welcome
  • Re-watched the Virtuoso episode. He considered removing his medical database, but Torres convinced him not to. From Memory Alpha:
    Hurt, almost desperate, The Doctor returns to Voyager where he attempts to upgrade his own program so that the Qomar and especially Tincoo would still want him. He doesn't have much luck as he continues to struggle with singing Tincoo's composition. He calls Torres to help him, appearing desperate. He needs her access codes so that he can erase his medical database. She asks why he would want to do such a thing and he explains the situation a little bit to her. At first she's a little dismissive because of his earlier insults regarding her lack of interest in music. The Doctor confides what happened with Tincoo, and Torres discusses the problem with him. Torres confirms that she can reprogram him to be anything he wants, even to be a whistling teapot, but then he really wouldn't be himself anymore, would he? Her words strike a chord with him and he realizes that she's right.

At his performance that evening he tells the crowd of Qomar that he isn't advanced enough to sing Tincoo's composition, much to their disappointment, and that this will be his goodbye show. Instead, he sings an old Neapolitan ballad about lost love called "Rondine al nido", which moves Janeway to tears, but generally meets with only polite applause from the Qomar.

Virtuoso Doctor, Command Hologram, and The President of Earth are all physicians.
    As my favourite character in the franchise, I'd love if his versions have his main trait. :)
  • @Shan is this a good time to ask that the "Physician" trait is added to every version of The Doctor? It's still his thing, even if he's on a mission in the holodeck (President of Earth) or temporarily in command (Emergency Command Hologram). Just as every version of Jadzia Dax is an Astrophysicist, even if she wears a different dress. :) Many appreciations for it, thanks.

What's funny is that the Doctor manages to keep Musician in every iteration (except the 2*, but that one isn't actually Voyager's Doctor), but somehow Physician got forgotten in some when it is essentially the core of his being.