Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Reverie in Prime - 05/10

Comments

• DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. I appreciate the chronitons. I'm using this weekend to focus on leveling and freezing my blue crew. This will be a help. My goal is 7 blue crew gone to free seven spots.
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    It's kinda funny how gift in commemoration of event is gift to everybody except for people that actually care about event. As they ALL will spend 2500 on event and nothing will change.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    al103 wrote: »
    It's kinda funny how gift in commemoration of event is gift to everybody except for people that actually care about event. As they ALL will spend 2500 on event and nothing will change.

...or new players who might not have been able to hit 130k without it. I mean i suppose they might benefit too.
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    ...or new players who might not have been able to hit 130k without it. I mean i suppose they might benefit too.
    Well, yes, but new players benefiting from gift for 100th event, while old players do not is kinda hilarious in itself.
    Well, yes, but new players benefiting from gift for 100th event, while old players do not is kinda hilarious in itself.

Giveaways will always benefit new players more. I don't understand why that would be funny. Without new players, this game withers and dies.
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    At the end of the day, it's 200 honor one way or another.

D'oh! Thanks for the correction
  • Does anyone know if this is an accurate bonus here? I mean, my Vic is one of the primary event crew AND immortalized but still only generating a percentage like this? Seems a little low to me, but I could be totally wrong about that. Anyone know for sure if he’s getting the full bonus or not?

p8z2d28xxddw.png
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Does anyone know if this is an accurate bonus here? I mean, my Vic is one of the primary event crew AND immortalized but still only generating a percentage like this? Seems a little low to me, but I could be totally wrong about that. Anyone know for sure if he’s getting the full bonus or not?
    Trait mismatch. And not that high base. If he wasn't event crew was just "related" crew it would've been something like 30%, less if non-event.

High skill event crew + 1-2 traits gives something like 90%. High skill event crew with trait mismatch or normal event crew with traits around 70. So, yes, normal event crew with trait mismatch should be around 50.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magisse wrote: »
    Alan-A-Dale will be my new #3 base ENG behind Niners Rom (853) and Tuskegee Mayweather (828). Those stats are all pre-bonus. After starbase and collection bonuses, Sad Mandolin Player Geordi will get bumped up to 899.

Eng is his tertiary skill. You looking at his Dip? His Eng may actually not even clear 500 with bonuses.

I'll have you know that I was most certainly not looking at the right skill whatsoever. Oh, well. He's immortalized so...whatever, right?
  • Zann Calcore (ISA)Zann Calcore (ISA) ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Does anyone know if this is an accurate bonus here? I mean, my Vic is one of the primary event crew AND immortalized but still only generating a percentage like this? Seems a little low to me, but I could be totally wrong about that. Anyone know for sure if he’s getting the full bonus or not?
    Trait mismatch. And not that high base. If he wasn't event crew was just "related" crew it would've been something like 30%, less if non-event.

High skill event crew + 1-2 traits gives something like 90%. High skill event crew with trait mismatch or normal event crew with traits around 70. So, yes, normal event crew with trait mismatch should be around 50.

Thanks. It just seemed weird to me and still does, since Vic may not have those traits but has both listed skills. I always thought that who they were plus their actual skills is what determined things, not traits. You know, event crew get 3x bonus, those with Musician get 2x bonus; that sort of thing.

Look, below is another example. This one has him matching a trait and the requested skill, which happens to be his primary skill, and still the bonus just isn’t that high. Maybe this IS correct but it certainly doesn’t look it.

1nxngizud5ug.png
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
    edited May 2018
    Now that I've hit the thresholds and leveled up Alan-A-Dale it just hit me (disregard if someone else pointed this out):

Geordi La Forge is the superstar who is the first to have all six skills represented across all his different persona!

Not only that, but Alan is DIP primary, Doctor is MED, Captain is COM, Mirror and Musketeer are SEC and all others are ENG primary. None are SCI primary, but many La Forge persona have it as a secondary or tertiary skill.

Now that I've hit the thresholds and leveled up Alan-A-Dale it just hit me (disregard if someone else pointed this out):

Geordi La Forge is the superstar who is the first to have all six skills represented across all his different persona!

Not only that, but Alan is DIP primary, Doctor is MED, Captain is COM, Mirror and Musketeer are SEC and all others are ENG primary. None are SCI primary, but many La Forge persona have it as a secondary or tertiary skill.

Bashir got there first, if one includes Changeling Bashir. Geordi is the first to get there without an impostor. And I'm pretty sure someone else did already mention it in this thread, but I'm way too lazy to look for it.

Bashir got there first, if one includes Changeling Bashir. Geordi is the first to get there without an impostor. And I'm pretty sure someone else did already mention it in this thread, but I'm way too lazy to look for it.

Aarg you're right. Thanks Travis, you know all this stuff
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Look, below is another example. This one has him matching a trait and the requested skill, which happens to be his primary skill, and still the bonus just isn’t that high. Maybe this IS correct but it certainly doesn’t look it.
    Thing is - 67% is VERY high. For 90+% you need something like 1200 base event crew with two matching traits. Meaning either whale with FFFE event 5* from packs or finals of Mega.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Webberoni wrote: »
    Crazy that we got the community rewards cleared less than 6 hours into a 96 hour event... with such a committed player base, you'd think that would suggest the entire event reward structure is just begging for a review and update.

The funniest part about these events to me is that I'm guessing all of the top winners have the new 5* immortalized from packs long before the event ends. They're playing for prizes they don't need.

Lately I've found that I'll FE the threshold 4* long before I've reached the award levels that give their items. I recently replicated a collection of 5* equipment (Ishka's Dress, for example) because I had made it long before I won it, and extra copies were just sitting around. So if I do that as a normal player, I can only imagine what the heavy hitters are doing.
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Webberoni wrote: »
    Crazy that we got the community rewards cleared less than 6 hours into a 96 hour event... with such a committed player base, you'd think that would suggest the entire event reward structure is just begging for a review and update.

The funniest part about these events to me is that I'm guessing all of the top winners have the new 5* immortalized from packs long before the event ends. They're playing for prizes they don't need.

Lately I've found that I'll FE the threshold 4* long before I've reached the award levels that give their items. I recently replicated a collection of 5* equipment (Ishka's Dress, for example) because I had made it long before I won it, and extra copies were just sitting around. So if I do that as a normal player, I can only imagine what the heavy hitters are doing.

Yes indeed. I need to clean out my inventory of such items. I'm lucky if they are generic, they eventually get used, but specific clothing items are lurking in my closet for no reason. I'd love to be able to give them out to newer players in my fleet who struggle to reach threshold, just to save them some pain in equipping their unfused crew.

This event is a bit weird though, the extra chronitons have definitely persuaded a lot of players to give it a crack when they otherwise wouldn't. I hope they don't get discouraged by all the effort they put in only to find that everyone else is doing the same thing!
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭

One doesn't even have to include Changeling Bashir for him to be the first. ^^
    Alternate Future Bashir = MED, SCI, COM - So that's three.
    Mirror Bashir = ENG, SEC - So that's five.
    Bashir, Julian Bashir = DIP, MED, SEC - That's all six.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • al103 wrote: »
    Thing is - 67% is VERY high. For 90+% you need something like 1200 base event crew with two matching traits. Meaning either whale with FFFE event 5* from packs or finals of Mega.

Okie dokie. I trust that you know what you’re talking about. Still seems off to me but that’s probably because I’m so use to having immortalized legendaries in use for galaxy events.

One doesn't even have to include Changeling Bashir for him to be the first. ^^
    Alternate Future Bashir = MED, SCI, COM - So that's three.
    Mirror Bashir = ENG, SEC - So that's five.
    Bashir, Julian Bashir = DIP, MED, SEC - That's all six.

Ah! Good catch! I forget about Mirror Bashir's skills on account of not having him.
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Okie dokie. I trust that you know what you’re talking about. Still seems off to me but that’s probably because I’m so use to having immortalized legendaries in use for galaxy events.
    Well, let's just look at first one I checked.

Sci AND Med, Physician, Starfleet

3/4 FE Vic with bonuses Med = 533, Med * 2 = 1066, Med * 3 = 1599, 0 traits
    = 29%

FFFE Ambassador Spock with bonuses Sci = 667, Sci * 2 = 1334, 1 trait
    = 28%

1/4 FE Holonovel Doctor with bonuses Med = 622, Med * 2 = 1244, Sci = 295, Sci * 2 = 590, 2 traits
    = 36%

Numbers do match Vic getting bigger bonus than related crew (or Spock would've easily won over him) and shows that traits are just that much important.

Well, let's just look at first one I checked.

Sci AND Med, Physician, Starfleet

3/4 FE Vic with bonuses Med = 533, Med * 2 = 1066, Med * 3 = 1599, 0 traits
    = 29%

FFFE Ambassador Spock with bonuses Sci = 667, Sci * 2 = 1334, 1 trait
    = 28%

1/4 FE Holonovel Doctor with bonuses Med = 622, Med * 2 = 1244, Sci = 295, Sci * 2 = 590, 2 traits
    = 36%

Numbers do match Vic getting bigger bonus than related crew (or Spock would've easily won over him) and shows that traits are just that much important.

For Galaxy events, multipliers are 10x and 5x for large/small bonuses respectively.
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    For Galaxy events, multipliers are 10x and 5x for large/small bonuses respectively.
    Well, let's look like that...

3/4 FE Vic: Med * 5 = 2665, Med * 10 = 5330, 0 traits
    29%

FFFE Amb.Spock Med * 5 = 3335, 1 trait
    28%

1/4 FE HNDoctor Med * 5 = 3110, Sci * 5 = 1575, 2 traits
    36%

Still shows that Vic have bigger bonus that Spock...
    ... and that matching traits are of enormous importance.
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    Magisse wrote: »
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    Speaking of, where is the Klingon Opera love for Worf? He sings in the empty halls of the Defiant! Surely DB hasn't forgotten his rendition of the theme from Aktuh and Melota?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwhBUSB1iXg

Considering the size of his collection, he deserves the Musician trait as well!

I'm not sure that singing in empty halls is a qualification. If I sing in the shower, do I get the musician trait?

Well, there's also his experience with Gilbert and Sullivan...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyyjCn1ML3k

Wouldn't that add Data at some point --- for he is an Englishman :)

I thought Data already had the Musician trait across a lot of his iterations?
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • BobkyouBobkyou ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Degra event I finished rank # 2 and used all 4 copies to FF him, with the 5th copy from the $25 double crew offer. Leonardo da Vinci event I finished rank # 15 and used 2 of the 3 copies (I had absurd luck on the portal, and ended up finishing higher than I thought I would by 4,528 points) to FF him. Second Nagus Zek event I finished rank # 13 and used both copies to FF him. This event I'm currently hovering between ranks 1 and 2 and have 0 copies of Virtuoso Doctor.

Some people rank for bragging rights, others rank to get multiple copies of a 5★.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bobkyou wrote: »
    Degra event I finished rank # 2 and used all 4 copies to FF him, with the 5th copy from the $25 double crew offer. Leonardo da Vinci event I finished rank # 15 and used 2 of the 3 copies (I had absurd luck on the portal, and ended up finishing higher than I thought I would by 4,528 points) to FF him. Second Nagus Zek event I finished rank # 13 and used both copies to FF him. This event I'm currently hovering between ranks 1 and 2 and have 0 copies of Virtuoso Doctor.

Some people rank for bragging rights, others rank to get multiple copies of a 5★.

I was going to mention you, fleetie, in response to that post but now I don't have to! :smile:
  • SiblinSiblin ✭✭✭

Which is amusing as apart from being a competent engineer, Geordi wasn’t really that interesting a character, unless you consider that for some reason wearing a hair band over his face was the only way of curing his visual impairment (unless perhaps you realise that genetic engineering/stem cell should have been able to do this by the 24th century a-la Baku, or at very least someone should have realised cybernetic eyes should be easier)
  • ·§ë· For the Many·§ë· For the Many ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Bobkyou wrote: »

Good luck Bobkyou! I'm at 7th, also ranking for multiple copies to FF The Doctor.
    In the Mirror Beverly Crusher event where I finished 11th, I honour-cited the event pack copy. After clawing at 10th to FF her, I put a final citation to share her for the doctor-trait event. :smile:

Though I'm sure many or even most at the top have event crew FF, it's not always the case. Remember VIP0 Stellar Ice with 0 copies before placing 1st in the Honey Bare Dax event.