Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Haunted Vessels - 07/12

Comments

• Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know what happened to the macro instructions posted earlier? They seem to have disappeared??

There was no way they'd leave macro instructions available for everyone to see. Appreciate that Shan has indicated its been removed, its annoying when there's no indication something has been taken down. FWIW I couldn't understand most of it 😂
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone have any data on the scores of the top players? Screenshots and the like? Also for the first skirmish event Catching Fire?

ixqsw8hzef7y.jpg

Thank you very much Captain! I don't know why I forgot to do it myself, but there always someone around who manages to do things when you fail!

Much appreciated.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skirmishes definitely need to be shelved until this is addressed. Reading this has frustrated me since I tapped like crazy legitimately all weekend... Urgh
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    Skirmishes definitely need to be shelved until this is addressed. Reading this has frustrated me since I tapped like crazy legitimately all weekend... Urgh

The deleted post talked about macro's being used for galaxy events too. We have a hybrid galaxy starting in 25 hours with the galaxy portion starting in 73 hours. Is anything being done to prevent macros being used for this event?
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    True, but DB is responding to tickets asking for specific evidence of macros being used in or made for the game -- and DB just deleted the specific evidence from this thread of macros being used in and made for the game. Maybe the left hand will talk to the right hand, but...

Removing the post for people to copy is reasonable. Hopefully Shan has forwarded the post to the relevant engineers so they move past "we don't believe you" and into "how do we fix this".
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

The deleted post talked about macro's being used for galaxy events too. We have a hybrid galaxy starting in 25 hours with the galaxy portion starting in 73 hours. Is anything being done to prevent macros being used for this event?

I could see them being used for galaxy as well, but galaxy events at least have finite resources required... skirmishes are just an endless cycle of rewards that allow you to go on forever
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually I thought it was stated that the resources from a scripted skirmish would impact a galaxy, not that it would be easy to script a galaxy event.
  • Emmett KEmmett K ✭✭✭
    You can't even shuffle the ship order. I think I hit the same buttons for all 5 rounds. Trying to press things as they pop, i am sure some of my rounds look identical trying to mash as fast as things pop up
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »

Actually I thought it was stated that the resources from a scripted skirmish would impact a galaxy, not that it would be easy to script a galaxy event.

The user also scripted a galaxy event to build recipes as long as there were resources. I certainly have hit the point on galaxy events where time to grind is my limiting factor, not resources required.
  • GAWAGAWA ✭✭✭
    This situation happened in Mafia Wars, eventually weekly events turned into nothing more than a "macro paradise" it was so blatantly obvious.....I quit playing after 4 yrs, soon after, the game went bye-bye. Hope that doesn't happen here..........

Snap - I too played Mafia Wars for a while but as I recall it got to the point that there were actually competing bots (ie, scripted by different people) that you could buy to just to keep the game chugging along - madness.
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    GAWA wrote: »
    This situation happened in Mafia Wars, eventually weekly events turned into nothing more than a "macro paradise" it was so blatantly obvious.....I quit playing after 4 yrs, soon after, the game went bye-bye. Hope that doesn't happen here..........

Snap - I too played Mafia Wars for a while but as I recall it got to the point that there were actually competing bots (ie, scripted by different people) that you could buy to just to keep the game chugging along - madness.

Right! I had forgotten about that! :smiley:
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • edited July 2018
    Unnecessary comment removed. ˜Shan
  • t<G>e  Roonist<G>e Roonis ✭✭✭✭
    True, but DB is responding to tickets asking for specific evidence of macros being used in or made for the game -- and DB just deleted the specific evidence from this thread of macros being used in and made for the game. Maybe the left hand will talk to the right hand, but...

Removing the post for people to copy is reasonable. Hopefully Shan has forwarded the post to the relevant engineers so they move past "we don't believe you" and into "how do we fix this".

Shan is both responsive and smart, so it's highly likely the info has been shared with other DB staff.

the fact it was removed and not just snipped is a good indicator it was preserved for internal eyes by moving it to a private board.
  • edited July 2018
    To Rex's point above -
    Most of the Admirals of the major fleets submitted tickets over the weekend - imploring DB to really really look at some specific scores. DB acknowledged and said no funny business was going on.

The players, however, disagreed. There was an exhaustive community effort to record the scores of the top of the leaderboard for all of phase 2. That data has been complied and let me tell you - it is *daming* and points towards heavy macro usage. Like the play patterns are *not* single human. Like 49 recorded 1hr sessions with 49 complete engagements - meaning VP was earned each hour of the event and near maximum VP allowance possible.

Can people forgo sleep for a day or two? Sure. Can they nap for 30 mins here and there across an exhaustive weekend? Don't doubt it. Can they earn 108,900 VP in that one hour while they sleep for 30 mins of it? No.

Bottom line, people either
    A) Used Macros
    or
    2) Shared accounts

We aren't pointing fingers or naming names, we just created a complete data accounting of player scores to prove something was amiss because this happened last skirmish.

Also players, in third party chats & fleet chats have admitted to using macros. Players have won events, recently, with macros. Players have won events, recently, with sharing an account across a weekend. You the reader think it isn't happening, but I absolutely promise you it is.

We have offered this data up to DB, but I don't think it will be accepted or acted upon, because it's just a group of players - admirals and names of all the major fleets mind you - crying and accusing people of cheating. Which we aren't doing. Not specific people. We are just saying it's happening and needs to be prevented in the future.

This past event's winner did not cheat, Comment moderated. ˜Shan
  • edited July 2018
    So much snip. ˜Shan
  • Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    It makes sense that they removed the instructions that were posted. If they are to mitigate the problem, then that has to be the first step. However, now that the proof is out there, (I doubt it's been removed from the reddit thread) this will call into question every event from now on. I'm not the brightest bulb, but even I could follow the macro instructions. I could even see how they could be adjusted for expedition and faction. And like bugs, if you see one, then there are a thousand inside the walls. So to sit there and pretend at this point that this is something that could only be limited to a small unseemly handful of players is foolish. Every player who thought they were safe at 750 with 2 hours to go in an event, should be questioning every sub 1000 finish they never got.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • edited July 2018

To suggest someone can play for 48 You either need a math class, or are blindly misplacing your trust. The only way that is feasibly possible over that period of time is if the player themselves is a bot.

Trust me, I went to school. Comment moderated. ˜Shan

Did it ever occur to you that people SAVE their chronitons for events like Galaxy or Skirmish?! Of course not! Instead of spreading your fake news, THINK before you write next time.

• This past event's winner did not cheat, no matter how butthurt you or others are.

Thanks for clearing that up, anonymous poster.

You're welcome.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's not feed the troll.
  • edited July 2018

This past event's winner did not cheat, no matter how butthurt you or others are.

Hi Grant! Thanks for coming on out today!

I'm not butthurt, not in the least. I had no interest in playing this event, as I had the crew all immortalized the day before. I still played the first 20 minutes and was constantly #4 or 5 on the leaderboard, behind some names that stayed that high till the end. Good for them.

My VIP0 account needed to get top 1500 for Weyoun, and I achieved that. I played every minute by hand to net those results.

I'm not calling anyone in this event a cheater. I'm just letting DB know that there is a problem, there has been a problem, and without intervention, it will continue to be a problem. Trust me, the only event type I will compete in is a straight shuttle event, and if I have the desire to win those again, I will, because you cannot and will not outspend me. But I don't want to do that. I enjoy casual play and just buying my collection from here on out.

Where I *do* get butthurt is for other members of my fleets, be it eXo or VIP0, and friends in other fleets, that worked really really really hard in this event - and in other events - and came up short to a robot. That's not fair play, and all I or anyone else is asking for is fair play.

Instead of name calling and in general childish and comedic behavior, why don't you sit down and be a constructive voice to the proceedings? If you want to defend fleetmates or friends, go right ahead! Talk to us, give us examples, tell your story and their story. We don't have those stories, we just have data. And the data tells us non-human playing patterns were occurring.

I'm not "Grant". I can assure you, your friends didn't lose to "robots".
    Comment moderated. ˜Shan

By the way: This is Tosk, not "Grant" (could have figured it out had you actually used your brain)!
  • t<G>e  Roonist<G>e Roonis ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018

To suggest someone can play for 48 You either need a math class, or are blindly misplacing your trust. The only way that is feasibly possible over that period of time is if the player themselves is a bot.

Trust me, I went to school. Comment moderated. ˜Shan

Did it ever occur to you that people SAVE their chronitons for events like Galaxy or Skirmish?! Of course not! Instead of spreading your fake news, THINK before you write next time.

I don't know if you think we are all dumb, or just blindly trusting a friend who is lying to you as well. The event is a feedback loop, a bot wouldn't grant you more Chrono, you are just trying to distract.

A human being cannot perform the same menial task for 48 hours straight with no drops or spikes in efficiency. that's just not possible. their pattern allows for something like 1 minute of variant action between periods. so icing their hands for days? either every period identically, or no. taking chat breaks? for the exact same amount of time each period, or no.

• Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Unnecessary comment removed. ˜Shan
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!

• I don't know if you think we are all dumb,

Yes, I do think that. It's hard not to, actually.

And yes, I believe every word Proton and Arachnia write! They have no reason to lie to anyone...can't say the same about you all, though.

But hey, you think they cheated? Fine! Let DB investigate then! I'm done with your crap!