Home The Bridge
Options

Wiki edits that need to be added

Comments

• Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Wiki is missing the following trait categories: Innovator, Prodigy, Survivalist

What I mean is that if you enter: Trait into the search bar on the Wiki, a list of all the traits, with all the crew comes up. Those 3 are missing from the list.

Until such time as that page can be fixed, I suggest you refer to the following:

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Category:Traits

that's ok. Between the datacore, the wiki, and the actual game site, I've compiled an accurate list of all the traits and the crew with them. The datacore is missing many of the crew, the wiki, some crew. But now that I've got the full list, I'm good to go.

That’s good news, then. If you would also be kind enough to share which crew you identified as missing which traits on the Wiki, then perhaps some of us can bring the Wiki up to date. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    That’s good news, then. If you would also be kind enough to share which crew you identified as missing which traits on the Wiki, then perhaps some of us can bring the Wiki up to date. 🖖[/quote]

No. I didn't mark the changes. But here's what I'll do. I'll post a link to the Trait sheets I've created.

I don't claim to be perfect. I made these for my own reference, and shared them with my fleet. There might be mistakes; there might be duplicates, there will certainly be mistaken omissions. I'm not interested in a debate or critique. Look at them, use them, but leave me out of a commentary about them.

These sheets are a combination of the datacore download, the wiki, and the actual game. I've done the best I can to get all the Traits correctly catalogued. I've purposefully left off Humans, Starfleet, and the Federation traits. They're each over four hundred, and being that plentiful, really not worth adding to the sheets.

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AsncERq1gLWhhCkIZHk22lgeLsHh?e=LwdkTY
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    No. I didn't mark the changes. But here's what I'll do. I'll post a link to the Trait sheets I've created.

I don't claim to be perfect. I made these for my own reference, and shared them with my fleet. There might be mistakes; there might be duplicates, there will certainly be mistaken omissions. I'm not interested in a debate or critique. Look at them, use them, but leave me out of a commentary about them.

These sheets are a combination of the datacore download, the wiki, and the actual game. I've done the best I can to get all the Traits correctly catalogued. I've purposefully left off Humans, Starfleet, and the Federation traits. They're each over four hundred, and being that plentiful, really not worth adding to the sheets.

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AsncERq1gLWhhCkIZHk22lgeLsHh?e=LwdkTY

Thanks for the help. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Working on my 3/5 Elnor over the next few days. Heres what I have so far. More to come over the next couple of days

Let me know if im reporting the stats at the right levels

o3qym7m67fk6.png

Added screenshots in the 'Spoiler' section below
    Lvl 1
    8kpzcby76og1.jpeg

Lvl 10
    dpa8dyq7gcas.jpeg

Lvl 20
    rgeuemk1p0fp.jpeg

Lvl 30
    8nqig1e7gz9r.jpeg

Lvl 40
    ag8rx0148pph.jpeg

Lvl 50
    4vgqq9cy7tld.jpeg

Lvl 60
    z4cta8up73hc.jpeg

Lvl 70
    lzn6cp78lgb4.jpeg

Lvl 80
    v0cjkozykhlg.jpeg

Lvl 90
    pqmsfwkdfo12.jpeg

Lvl 100
    2yb40qq0k6dn.jpeg
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    mejoyh wrote: »
    Working on my 3/5 Elnor over the next few days. Heres what I have so far. More to come over the next couple of days

These look correct, and have been added to the wiki.

• Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    mejoyh wrote: »

These look correct, and have been added to the wiki.

Ok updated Elnor with all his stat levels up to 100. Hope this helps
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about Rescue Team Uhura having her episode added? She is from the episode "The Lorilei Signal" from The Animated Series.....
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, this isn't so much about wiki edits, but I've noticed this before, and just decided to mention it — there are a number of items that don't come up in a wiki search unless they're capitalized (Title Case). Examples are the Science Experiment, Flux Coupler, and Micro-Optic Drill — but I'm sure there are quite a few others. Seems really odd that the internal search wouldn't recognize a lower-case search, but there are obviously some internal things that are preventing that in those cases.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    So, this isn't so much about wiki edits, but I've noticed this before, and just decided to mention it — there are a number of items that don't come up in a wiki search unless they're capitalized (Title Case). Examples are the Science Experiment, Flux Coupler, and Micro-Optic Drill — but I'm sure there are quite a few others. Seems really odd that the internal search wouldn't recognize a lower-case search, but there are obviously some internal things that are preventing that in those cases.

Same for partial entries but not for every page. For example, you can type “Science” to see the Science Lesson Page but not the Science Experiment page. Worse yet, you can’t even type some of these partial entries and get them to show anything useful in the search results.

4arjt4m9082i.jpeg
    6fb9br21rtof.jpeg
    3b1zi9ie6hhr.jpeg

• Options
    Crash41Crash41 ✭✭✭
    Pah-wraith Cult Dukat image comes from the DS9 episode, Covenant.
  • Options
    JoeSage 2JoeSage 2 ✭✭✭
    Crash41 wrote: »
    Pah-wraith Cult Dukat image comes from the DS9 episode, Covenant.

Updated
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    FYI Regarding the Apostrophes used in game

WRG tends to mix up the apostrophe types used in game. There's a subtle difference, but there can be two types of apostrophes that WRG uses in item names.

There is the "Right Single Quotation" mark, which is a U+2019, vs a regular apostrophe (U+0027).

The apostrophe is what you find on your everyday keyboards, usually right next to your Enter/Return button. However, the single quotation mark is what often comes from apps like Microsoft Word, which WRG/DB often copies data from directly into the game.
    • ‹'› - This is the apostrophe (U+0027) found on your keyboards, at least in the US
    • ‹’›- Thjs is the single quotation mark (U+2019) - notice the curly tail.

You notice this in game

qwy72ofq831r.png

If you are a wiki editor and are entering item names/creating pages, please be sure to match the apostrophe/quote to whatever it is in game. I've had to delete entire item pages in the wiki and recreate them so that they match whatever is used in game. the CrewCost page relies on the wiki matching the game.

Thanks!
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shan

For Humanoid Figure.

The skills as announced, and on the wiki, are in the order command/diplomacy/science.
    The skills on the level one card are in the order diplomacy/command/science.

Please be careful to get the skills in the correct order when adding to the wiki.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arandis’s note says she was added Jan 14, 2017. It should be 2020.

I only noticed it since she showed up in Dabo for me today (didn’t get her) and I had no recollection of when she entered the game. Her art was too good for 2017 so I knew something was off!
  • Options
    Thanks for that offer! I've been working on compiling a spread sheet that lists every crew along with their ship abilities. I pulled the data off of the wiki but then found that there are some holes and also many errors. Since then, I've been pulling each frozen crew member I have out of cryo to check the wiki data. I have corrected the data in my sheet and noted where the wiki was wrong. I am about 2/3 of the way through my cryo vault right now (3 characters a day) but should finish the crew that I am able to verify in the next couple of weeks. I will have correct information for all 3* and lower and most of the 4*. I do not have enough 5* immortalized to be much help there. When I am done, if I made a list of just the edits that need to be made, would you be interested in pursuing that? Keep in mind that it will be at least 40 or 50 edits to make :(

You do realise the Wiki data is about base stats, while the crew in your roster or in cryo have stats affected by collection and star base buffs.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the wiki perfect? No. But it is dang helpful and I use it every day and appreciate the players that worked on it, Datacore, and the other player tools.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Don't forget to add to the wiki that you may be arbitrarily banned due to pressing any button that TP themselves have added to the game :thumbsup:
  • Options
    Is wiki still being updated, just wondering as the ranking system i use hasn't had new crew added to it. The picture is what I'm talking about.
    mmf1vgjso2a0.jpg
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is wiki still being updated, just wondering as the ranking system i use hasn't had new crew added to it. The picture is what I'm talking about.
    mmf1vgjso2a0.jpg

I would say if you are looking for objective ranks of crew best to use one of the other resources. I have a couple in my signature and there are others in the Ready Room like the DNA sheet and the L100 sheet.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they are simply referring to the newer crew not showing up in their rightful places when you sort by base, prof., et c., on the various skill pages. The wiki still shows T'Pring as #2 Diplomacy base, when she's now #5, behind Human Saru, Xindi-Aquatic Councillor, and Adam at second, third, and fourth respectively. I know because I just had to use a source other than the Wiki to update my top ten base skill lists.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best check the Timelines Discord, I know Merwinian, Chukwu, Titan and Weakinteraction do a lot of work on the wiki from there. Best place to ask.
  • Options
    It's an old glitch that has happened before. The script doesn't add them to their relevant skill page automatically, so they aren't there to be sorted.
    Here's the Diplomacy page, but no Human Saru.
    b0gugpndg86v.png
    I think it either required a patch or some update to a script before. (It happened in '19, iirc.) It was discussed back somewhere in this thread. I just read the last ~200 posts of it to catch up and saw it.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Found it! October of 2018 on page 9, my bad. Is there a problem with the script again? Or is it a matter of the base software being out of date?
    A Group of NEW Crew has never made it to the Wiki SKILLS Pages (when I say skills pages, I mean for example, this one for COMMAND: http //stt.wiki/wiki/Command)

So far I've found (16) MISSING Crew as:
    Admiral Ross 4*
    Army Chaplain Odo 4*
    Ahdar Ru'Afo 5*
    Breen Disguise Dukat 4*
    Commander Donatra 4*
    Diseased Changeling Founder 4*
    Festive Lwaxana Troi 4*
    Herbert Rossoff 4*
    Ikat'Ita 4*
    Lady Beverly 4*
    Minuet 5*
    Mirror Keiko 4*
    Pugilist Q 4*
    Tourist Reed 4*
    Tuxedo Nog 5*
    Yelgrun 4*

I saw that these have CREW pages about themselves, however are missing from all the sort-able skill pages. So I guess its not automatic that they get included there.

How do these crew get their data added? Is there any instructions I could learn to help do it correctly?
    middlehead wrote: »
    It is supposed to be automatic, but there's a bug stopping those skill pages from updating right now.

We used to have to add new characters manually, but somebody (I think it was Siguard) converted those pages to update themselves based on the Category pages. That's where the issue actually lies then trickles down to the Skill pages; the version of MediaWiki that the site is on has a bug stopping Category pages from updating, so there's no new info to pick up.

One of the Technical admins has acknowledged the issue, but the only fix is to upgrade the site and that's apparently a huge pain in the **tsk tsk** .

Edit: 1317 EDT July 19 and the Wiki seems to be down. I was going to look at possible Paxton surrogates and get nowhere.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Agents Dulmur and Lucsly? They are not in the crew lists under Character Pages {Alphabetical} or Character Pages {Series/Movies}

Noticed because they apparently are "Tribbled" when you search the Vault for the Trait.

EDIT: They are in the Collection:

peptc1dy7hjt.jpg

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    du8whqrj54cn.jpeg

Be aware I just added Fuse level 2 data. I found a discrepancy in diplomacy. Ihad to subtract 21 from the L100 base stat for F1, F2(from my crew), and F5. Those are known. I decided to subtract 21 for F3 and F4.

I was going to make an estimate and subtract 20 from F1 for L50 to L90.
    But, this does not seem right for F4 there seems to be an error in the L40 number, but more likely by 10. So I did not change any of the other levels.
    This is what it looks like now.

80vfajaqt291.png

Again, only L100 numbers were changed. Changed to known values which were off by 21. So I decided to subtract 21 for other L100 numbers.

Also this is diplomacy's base stat.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Returning Saru, has the item Saru's Uniform, but is not the same as previous Saru's Uniform
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happened to the Wickie anyway? Looks like only 20 purrcent or less of all pages exist, it doesn't look at all like the early 2021 version. :(
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhamel wrote: »
    What happened to the Wickie anyway? Looks like only 20 purrcent or less of all pages exist, it doesn't look at all like the early 2021 version. :(

Are you using?
    https://sttwiki.org/wiki/Main_Page
  • Options
    JoeSage 2JoeSage 2 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    Returning Saru, has the item Saru's Uniform, but is not the same as previous Saru's Uniform

Saru's Uniform changed to Saru's Uniform (Returning), TY someone else for putting in recipe!
  • Options
    In the Cadet Challenge: "The United Federation", the Emergency Medical Holoprogram Mk. 1 is a useable alien/part alien character.