Home Make It So!
Options

Trait Audit Thread

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elim wrote: »
    Diseased Founder and Stranded Odo shouldn't have the changing trait. They are locked into form in both instances.
    The Diseased Founder should have the desperate trait

I would argue they should have the Changeling trait -- it's still their species -- but not the Shapeshifter trait as they can no longer shift their shape.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Elynduil wrote: »
    The 5-star "Changeling Founder" should have the Cultural Figure, trait, surely? The Founders were revered "as living gods" by the Jem'Hadar and, to a slightly lesser extent, the Vorta. And then this particular Founder was chosen by the group to represent them all.

Yes, the Dominion is a bit of an artificially-created culture, in some respects, but is it not a culture nonetheless?

Agree 100%. The cultural figure trait needs a bit of an overhaul. Changeling Founder and Emperor Georgiou should both have it. Admiral Ross should not. There are probably some others.

I second this agreement in its entirety.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated the OP. Lemme know if I missed anything. Some things recently suggested were already on the list (like Cultural Figure and Shapeshifter for Changeling Founder).

Ships make sense to me to also audit, but I think I'd rather those be in a separate thread just to make it a little easier to keep things straight given how lengthy the crew trait list has already become.

Also, how does anyone feel about Criminal and/or Thief for Waitress Ezri, given that she was part of a heist?
  • Options
    Updated the OP. Lemme know if I missed anything. Some things recently suggested were already on the list (like Cultural Figure and Shapeshifter for Changeling Founder).

Ships make sense to me to also audit, but I think I'd rather those be in a separate thread just to make it a little easier to keep things straight given how lengthy the crew trait list has already become.

Also, how does anyone feel about Criminal and/or Thief for Waitress Ezri, given that she was part of a heist?

I think that's a stretch. More like she was an undercover operative.
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Diseased Founder and Stranded Odo shouldn't have the changing trait. They are locked into form in both instances.

I'm watching "Strange Bedfellows" right now, in which the Breen join the Dominion. I had forgotten that the Founder was still able to morph at that time despite being heavily afflicted with the virus by then. She manages to change her appearance to be healthy for her first meeting with Thot Gor. The artwork of the card reflects her state at the time of this episode, rather than the heavier deterioration from later when her shifting ability had been too diminished to use. Ergo, it's reasonable for Diseased Changeling Founder to have the Shapeshifter trait.

This isn't a hill I'm going to die on or even fight for, though. Just thought I'd expand our topographical information.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm watching "Strange Bedfellows" right now, in which the Breen join the Dominion. I had forgotten that the Founder was still able to morph at that time despite being heavily afflicted with the virus by then. She manages to change her appearance to be healthy for her first meeting with Thot Gor. The artwork of the card reflects her state at the time of this episode, rather than the heavier deterioration from later when her shifting ability had been too diminished to use. Ergo, it's reasonable for Diseased Changeling Founder to have the Shapeshifter trait.

This isn't a hill I'm going to die on or even fight for, though. Just thought I'd expand our topographical information.

I recall that both the Founder and Odo could temporarily (and with great effort) hide the visible signs of the disease but I don’t think they could completely change forms. I could be wrong, it has been many months since I last re-watched DS9.
  • Options

I recall that both the Founder and Odo could temporarily (and with great effort) hide the visible signs of the disease but I don’t think they could completely change forms. I could be wrong, it has been many months since I last re-watched DS9.

The disease progressed with each shift. Odo, for instance was still performing infiltration work during that period, and each job left him visibly worse for wear when it was over. His last such operation included morphing into the Founder in her diseased state. It's pretty fortuitous that he happened to so exactingly guess her state of deterioration at that point in the episode to match what we--but not he--had seen previously in that same episode. Lucky guy, that Odo.

As regards the Founder, it's a little harder to gauge since we have no real sense of how she spent her time on Cardassia. Damar notes at one point that she had stopped coming to the command center very much and that she'd seemed unwell the last he saw her, but that's it. Then we get to a point later in the arc where she's considerably more hands-on, but she also shows advanced symptoms during all that. To my thinking, this suggests that she tried to spend as much time in her liquid state as she could, until circumstances forced her to revert into the solid state that she was stuck in for the remainder of the war.

Though for all we know, she like to sneak out as various things and flit around the city. Flying around parks as Cardassian birds, playing pranks on Cardassian yuppies, robbing Cardassian banks, who knows?

Also, upon closer review, I think the Diseased Changeling Founder's face is at least intended to evoke her more advanced state. Her body, however, looks more like it did at the time of "Strange Bedfellows" than "What You Leave Behind". So.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shouldn't Graduation Burnham have the Prodigy trait?
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

The disease progressed with each shift. Odo, for instance was still performing infiltration work during that period, and each job left him visibly worse for wear when it was over. His last such operation included morphing into the Founder in her diseased state. It's pretty fortuitous that he happened to so exactingly guess her state of deterioration at that point in the episode to match what we--but not he--had seen previously in that same episode. Lucky guy, that Odo.

As regards the Founder, it's a little harder to gauge since we have no real sense of how she spent her time on Cardassia. Damar notes at one point that she had stopped coming to the command center very much and that she'd seemed unwell the last he saw her, but that's it. Then we get to a point later in the arc where she's considerably more hands-on, but she also shows advanced symptoms during all that. To my thinking, this suggests that she tried to spend as much time in her liquid state as she could, until circumstances forced her to revert into the solid state that she was stuck in for the remainder of the war.

Though for all we know, she like to sneak out as various things and flit around the city. Flying around parks as Cardassian birds, playing pranks on Cardassian yuppies, robbing Cardassian banks, who knows?

I binge-watched the entire series recently, and I the Founder did say in one of the last episodes something about her not able to change at all for the last several days, or something like that. However, the Changeling trait is as much a race in this case, so I would say that's something that should be kept no matter what — even when Odo was made "human", he was still, I feel, a "Changeling".

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Zhian'tara Odo should have the diplomat trait. Curzon was a diplomat.
  • Options
    Data1001 wrote: »

I binge-watched the entire series recently, and I the Founder did say in one of the last episodes something about her not able to change at all for the last several days, or something like that. However, the Changeling trait is as much a race in this case, so I would say that's something that should be kept no matter what — even when Odo was made "human", he was still, I feel, a "Changeling".

The Changeling-is-a-species thing is embedded in the OP list already, and isn't a factor in the conversation at hand about whether the Diseased Changeling Founder is also still a Shapeshifter.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Changeling-is-a-species thing is embedded in the OP list already, and isn't a factor in the conversation at hand about whether the Diseased Changeling Founder is also still a Shapeshifter.

I was going by the person originally quoted, Elim, who stated that they didn't think Diseased Founder should have the Changeling trait.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options

I was going by the person originally quoted, Elim, who stated that they didn't think Diseased Founder should have the Changeling trait.

Ah. Didn't piece that together. My apologies. Carry on.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Very interesting discussion about Diseased Founder's ability to shape shift. I had forgotten some of that. Close call on the Shapeshifter trait then.
  • Options
    I think Zhian'tara Odo should have the diplomat trait. Curzon was a diplomat.

Diplomat so far has been bestowed only on crew members who have been seen functioning in official diplomatic capacities--negotiations, formal representation of a government, etc. Curzon was a diplomat, but Zhian'tara Odo was a security officer without any diplomatic function. The know-how may well still be there, but that's not what the trait has signaled to date.
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish I could print our big list and just smack it down on the DB CEO's desk lol. I'm just tired of this not getting taken care of.

One that bugs me especially of late is now that I finally got Temporal Prisoner Chakotay, I am enraged that I can't use him as optimally as possible during my voyages since he still doesn't have the Starfleet trait. I put in a support ticket asking them to send that info on up to the higher-ups, and all I got was a 100 chron "sorry" gift, there weren't even any words in the message so... that was disappointing.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Some more that crossed my mind:

Bashir, Julian Bashir - Duelist, Hero, Resourceful, Romantic, Survivalist
    Benny Russell - Maverick
    Borg Queen - Romantic, Tactician
    Commander Kira Nerys - Tactician
    Emperor Philippa Georgiou - Duelist
    Revolutionary Damar - Brutal, Saboteur, Veteran
    Tempted Data - Romantic
    Vengeful L'Rell - Brutal, Geneticist, Romantic, Tactician, Veteran

Also, it occurred to me that most of the Disco crew should have the Veteran trait given that the entire season was set against the war with the Klingons and then the Terran Empire.

Armed Philippa Georgiou (Desert has the trait)
    First Officer Saru
    Captain Lorca
    Reinforcements Stamets
    Cadet Sylvia Tilly
    Lt. Ash Tyler
    Tactical Michael Burnham
    Dr. Hugh Culber
    Torchbearer Voq
    Vengeful L'Rell
    Celebratory Ash Tyler
    Prisoner Katrina Cornwell
    Away Team Saru
    Commander Ellen Landry
    Off-Duty Tilly
    Emperor Philippa Georgiou
  • Options
    Similarly, a lot of the DS9 crew ought to have the Veteran trait. That's a long list that I'll have to compile later.
  • Options
    Some more that crossed my mind:

Bashir, Julian Bashir - Duelist, Hero, Resourceful, Romantic, Survivalist
    Benny Russell - Maverick
    Borg Queen - Romantic, Tactician
    Commander Kira Nerys - Tactician
    Emperor Philippa Georgiou - Duelist
    Revolutionary Damar - Brutal, Saboteur, Veteran
    Tempted Data - Romantic
    Vengeful L'Rell - Brutal, Geneticist, Romantic, Tactician, Veteran

Also, it occurred to me that most of the Disco crew should have the Veteran trait given that the entire season was set against the war with the Klingons and then the Terran Empire.

Armed Philippa Georgiou (Desert has the trait)
    First Officer Saru
    Captain Lorca
    Reinforcements Stamets
    Cadet Sylvia Tilly
    Lt. Ash Tyler
    Tactical Michael Burnham
    Dr. Hugh Culber
    Torchbearer Voq
    Vengeful L'Rell
    Celebratory Ash Tyler
    Prisoner Katrina Cornwell
    Away Team Saru
    Commander Ellen Landry
    Off-Duty Tilly
    Emperor Philippa Georgiou

I think the Discovery crew only get the Veteran trait added after surviving the Klingon war -- people are generally called veterans only after the relevant war is over. Further, Captain Lorca, who is not the Mirror Universe counterpart, shouldn't get it in any case.

Captain Killy and Emperor Georgiou, however, should have the Veteran trait, and maybe even the Hero trait (from a Terran point of view), for their exploits in wars now over in the Mirror Universe.
  • Options
    Reverend Phlox needs Spiritual and possibly Counselor. It’s also possible he should have Physician removed but Med is his primary and he doesn’t stop being a doctor just because he’s switched to being more psychological/spiritual in nature. I’m now assuming that he IS the real Phlox who for some unknown reason decided to change professions, at least partially, and is now ordained. That or he just really liked Archer’s dream.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    Beowulf Kim needs Starfleet, he has Federation, it makes no sense for him to not have Starfleet.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
  • Options
    Would anyone be kind enough to take over this list? I can't reassign the OP, so the easiest thing would be to copy that first post and start a new thread. We could then ask for this one to be locked and redirected to the new one.
  • Options
    Zann Calcore (ISA)Zann Calcore (ISA) ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Ikat’ika needs the Clone trait added, as well as Duelist.
  • Options
    Would anyone be kind enough to take over this list? I can't reassign the OP, so the easiest thing would be to copy that first post and start a new thread. We could then ask for this one to be locked and redirected to the new one.

Is there a reason someone else should take it over? I can if need be.

Are Jem'Hadar clones? I don't remember Remata'Klan or Goran'Agar having the clone trait.
  • Options
    Zann Calcore (ISA)Zann Calcore (ISA) ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

Are Jem'Hadar clones? I don't remember Remata'Klan or Goran'Agar having the clone trait.

All Jem’Hadar and Vorta are clones. If they don’t, they should.

Finally, I just noticed that Changeling Martok doesn’t have the Dominion trait and he should have that. He’s a bloody fracking Founder for crying out loud.

Oh, and as for Fleet Commander Martok, I’m assuming this is suppose to be Martok before he lost his eye and before he got replaced by a Changeling. I can’t recall but I think he did appear in an episode like this before the whole Dominion War and all so it seems fine to me. I’d have to rewatch DS9 to see if it warrants an addition of the Hunter trait as some have suggested on the Bridge(or Changeling or whatever).

EDIT: I just went back and checked on the Jem’Hadar. None of them have the Clone trait but I do recall that being mentioned in DS9. I’m guessing that either DB didn’t notice this or their reasoning is that they’re not exact clones like the Vorta so it doesn’t count, even though it should. *Shrug*
  • Options

All Jem’Hadar and Vorta are clones. If they don’t, they should.

Finally, I just noticed that Changeling Martok doesn’t have the Dominion trait and he should have that. He’s a bloody fracking Founder for crying out loud.

Oh, and as for Fleet Commander Martok, I’m assuming this is suppose to be Martok before he lost his eye and before he got replaced by a Changeling. I can’t recall but I think he did appear in an episode like this before the whole Dominion War and all so it seems fine to me. I’d have to rewatch DS9 to see if it warrants an addition of the Hunter trait as some have suggested on the Bridge(or Changeling or whatever).

EDIT: I just went back and checked on the Jem’Hadar. None of them have the Clone trait but I do recall that being mentioned in DS9. I’m guessing that either DB didn’t notice this or their reasoning is that they’re not exact clones like the Vorta so it doesn’t count, even though it should. *Shrug*

I actually think DB has this one right. Jem'Hadar are genetically engineered, and bred in hatcheries, but they aren't duplicates of one another; they aren't clones. Each Jem'Hadar is unique, and when he dies he is not replaced by a copy of himself, the way the Founders did with the Vorta.
  • Options
    They recently created the "Terran Rebellion" trait to clear up the confusion regarding Terrans of DS9, after the Terran Empire is no more (see here). Some crew just had "Terran Rebellion" added, while others who had "Terran Empire" before, had that replaced with "Terran Rebellion".

But Mirror Leeta slipped through the cracks (perhaps because the change was not too long after her initial release) and still holds the "Terran Empire" trait. Needs a fix, right?
  • Options
    t<G>e  Roonist<G>e Roonis ✭✭✭✭
    I feel like Professor Sato having Civilian AND Starfleet should be on the list, as well as the inventor of the Universal Translator missing Innovator.
  • Options
    I feel like Professor Sato having Civilian AND Starfleet should be on the list, as well as the inventor of the Universal Translator missing Innovator.

Came here to say this. I felt like she should have had Federation instead of Starfleet?