Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    I guess I am one of the few that want this T'Pol

I was thinking the same thing about myself

DOWANT DOWANT DOWANT DOWANT DOWANT DOWANT DOWANT DOWANT DOWANT DOWANT DOWANT DOWANT

🖖👍🖖👍🖖
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally, a weekend off :wink:

This
  • Options
    Finally!... A Damned Expedition. Shame its a rerun.. but Ill take it.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    It occurs to me that with The Professor involved, this is technically "The Game's Afoot 2" Flashback. It also occurs to me to offer a quick primer for players who have never done an Expedition.

Expeditions are basically Skirmishes for crew instead of ships. (Or, rather, Skirmishes are Expeditions for ships instead of crew.) The most notable difference is that you cannot use a crew member in the event if they are assigned to a shuttle or a Voyage, so plan accordingly. My personal strategy is to complete a ticket, then send out shuttles. Leave the game alone until the shuttles return, then complete another ticket. This helps me stave off event burnout, too.

Your crew will fatigue after each use, as they do in the Gauntlet. Featured and Bonus crew (The Professor, Data & La Forge variants) will fatigue ten percent per node. Everyone else will fatigue at twice that pace. Ergo, you can use Featured & Bonus crew twenty times per ticket and everyone else just ten times.

As they fatigue, their stats will decrease, both base and proficiency. So too will the value of trait bonuses per node.

You have to complete the first mission to unlock the next, and on each difficulty to unlock the next highest. Once you have unlocked a mission/difficulty, it will remain unlocked for the duration of the event, so you only have to start from the bottom once. The best approach is to unlock everything with your first ticket, and on subsequent tickets, start with Mission 5 on Epic and work your way backward. That way as your crew fatigues, they're facing less difficult node skill levels.

You must crit a node in order to earn VP; just clearing it is insufficient. During the original run of this event, only Featured Crew were guaranteed VP for crits. Bonus crew had a higher chance of earning VP. In subsequent Expeditions, all crits were guaranteed VP. It remains to be seen which rules will be in place for this Flashback.

Just going through each ticket once for the max VP was usually sufficient to clear thresholds. However, that was before threshold rewards were expanded. It remains to be seen what the rewards table will look like. If the current schema is used, you will almost certainly have to grind it out for additional VP per ticket, or purchase additional tickets.

Most importantly, you will fatigue along with your crew! Pace yourself! Expeditions are the most accessible events for players to chase rank because a lot of players hate the format and will bail early. The key to competing is to repeat missions once you've claimed the maximum VP and grind it out to earn lesser VP per node. Most players are unwilling to do that, giving the advantage to those who will.

I have not read though all the messages yet this might have been mentioned. But it looks the bonus crew fatigue is 5% not the 10% you mentioned. Everything else you said on fatigue seems right👍

Edit: all you need to do is change ten percent to five percent and everything else is right

D'oh! *cheerleader voice* Math is hard!
  • Options
    So much scrolling through the crew selection screen. What are the odds that favorited/event crew could sort to the top of the list?

Zero? 😕

oh no, that's going to be horrible. I can't imagine the pain of scrolling through 200 crew looking through one for each ticket holy crap this sounds like torture without auto-sorting. back to the pain of the first skirmish with trait bonuses for each ship battle. my head hurts.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    OK!

So this expedition flashback will follow the same rules that applied the last time we ran an expedition event (hybrid event Auld Lang Syne) - meaning no timer on a ticket and no RNG when criting a VP node.

As for the rewards structure, this flashback was adapted to be in line with what has been done in events recently.

Detective Data will not be part of the rewards however.

With all these changes, I fail to see how this qualifies as a Flashback except as a classification reason not to tack Detective Data onto the thresholds. That's especially disappointing given the history of the event. Data was a rank reward the first time, and pack only the second. Why not throw us the bone and put him in the thresholds? Feels kinda unfair to Detective Data and those of us who have wanted another chance to earn him in an event.

Amen
  • Options
    CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    "... DB needs to seriously rethink this event and put some incentive for older players to want to play this event."

Yeah, life gets REALLY GD boring when one is one of those folk that have 700 or so mindless FF/FE minions at their beck and call. (like Brainless Spock maybe???)

Well, life isn't always fair.

:wink: I'm really, really, just teasing you ...

(... but maybe you should delete all your existing accounts and start from scratch again if you desire to combat that nagging ennui! LOL LOL :) )
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    After some thought it occured to me... There is only one purple (Dr. La Forge) so if he is the threshold reward who will be the ranked purple? Same if it is switched, if La Forge is ranked who will be the threshold purple? After considering this it isn't too unimaginable that they put La Forge as the ranked purple and Detective Data in the threshold...
    ...considering Data made a debut in Picard
    Here is to hoping that happens.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    After some thought it occured to me... There is only one purple (Dr. La Forge) so if he is the threshold reward who will be the ranked purple? Same if it is switched, if La Forge is ranked who will be the threshold purple? After considering this it isn't too unimaginable that they put La Forge as the ranked purple and Detective Data in the threshold...

I share your hope, but Shan was fairly clear in her last statement:
    *snip*
    😢
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options

*snip*
    😢

And now I feel like a dunce cause I missed that.... Double whammy as I've also been chasing Detective Data... Oh well
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope at least T’pol is Command Medical combo cause I am feeling very underwhelmed by this event. Give me a reason to do a tedious awful expedition event DB. Something.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Damn I thought these events went the way of the dodo....
  • Options

*snip*
    😢

And now I feel like a dunce cause I missed that.... Double whammy as I've also been chasing Detective Data... Oh well

Ditto on the chasing. 🖖

enbi4k998fwe.jpeg

Would it really be difficult for them to make it not a flashback...as far as I remember the past 3 or 4 events that were replays were flashbacks instead of reruns....and I finally have a handle on my resources to be able to actually get to 400k now!
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

*snip*
    😢

Ditto on the chasing. 🖖

enbi4k998fwe.jpeg

Would it really be difficult for them to make it not a flashback...as far as I remember the past 3 or 4 events that were replays were flashbacks instead of reruns....and I finally have a handle on my resources to be able to actually get to 400k now!

It's not difficult, they've done it for years, the excuse is not making any new crew, which might be expensive, but that doesn't mean they can't put some crew at 400k if they want to.

They started doing flashbacks to save on art and design resources when they announced their next product. I'll let you draw your own conclusions.
  • Options
    Ren~ wrote: »

*snip*
    😢

Ditto on the chasing. 🖖

enbi4k998fwe.jpeg

It's not difficult, they've done it for years, the excuse is not making any new crew, which might be expensive, but that doesn't mean they can't put some crew at 400k if they want to.

They started doing flashbacks to save on art and design resources when they announced their next product. I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

Ah ok I didn't know that, that's a bummer but I guess I should be glad expeditions aren't dead....just been in a coma
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Delete this.
  • Options
    edited January 2020

*snip*
    😢

Ditto on the chasing. 🖖

enbi4k998fwe.jpeg

Given that they're changing the gameplay mechanics and the rewards schema, I don't see how it can be argued that it's a Flashback anyway. The distinction was supposed to be that a Flashback is identical to the first run, save a substitution for the rank reward 5*. That doesn't apply here.

That seems valid but I hope DB doesn't walk back and decide to play this event like they did the last time...the timer on each ticket was horrible and I also believe that back then the rare reward VP wasn't guaranteed
    So.....
    yh9t7gwvg3f0.gif
    Just gonna leave this here to embody how I'm sure all of us feel at hearing that thought.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember the Faction / Expedition hybrid on Christmas 2017, and Voyages were already a thing there. I couldn't even get my voyage to 8 hours because I needed literally all good crew for the expedition. :D
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is quite a long thread, so please forgive me if I missed it...

How many tickets will it take to clear the 350k VP threshold, assuming we only do one full run for max VP on each ticket?

How many tickets will we get for free of we use them as soon as we get them?

Basically, I'm wanting to know if I'll need to buy extra tickets or grind harder to make threshold. Thanks in advance!
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember the Faction / Expedition hybrid on Christmas 2017, and Voyages were already a thing there. I couldn't even get my voyage to 8 hours because I needed literally all good crew for the expedition. :D

Hopefully it will be better now. You have two years worth of newer Crew. But, at this point, I would not be surprised if they "adjust" the Missions to reflect the new Crew. Since it sounds like instead of this being a Rerun or a Flashback, they are just picking and choosing which parts of each to use.

It absolutely is not that much work to plug in an existing 5 🌟 if they are making other changes to the original format.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?