Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion: Skirmish Event Blight - ME#1 - 2022-06-02

Comments

• Options
    DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Here we go again……. Lets play. Wait? What are we playing for????? Idk if i should continue or not? Because what im possibly playing for is very unclear.
    nw240t877dsn.jpeg
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    The delay for today's packs is part of the communique that was sent out earlier :)

Thank you, Shan. And please thank the Team for including the Citation! I think that was satisfactory {from the comments} for at least some of the people initially upset.

I just wish it hadn’t taken more than 36 hours of outrage to get there.
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    The delay for today's packs is part of the communique that was sent out earlier :)

Thank you, Citation was nice addition.
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the citation & other resources, Shan & @WRG Team ! 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    DAE wrote: »
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Here we go again……. Lets play. Wait? What are we playing for????? Idk if i should continue or not? Because what im possibly playing for is very unclear.
    nw240t877dsn.jpeg

I got something similar last week. Glad to see l am not the only one.

v7bpf8bijmou.jpeg

• Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Citation was nice. Spent it on Spock already (which I barely slid in under the new 2k wire on this one).
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are times when I have to say my heart goes out to people working through issues not of their own making who have to deal with situations in real time who act promptly and fairly with the best of intent.
    Anyone who has worked in any kind of forward facing service industry support role will understand what has happened and will give credit for the communication and resolution of the problem.
    To retain the ability to be courteous,considerate, and respond in real time ( over a weekend) and generally remain cool means that in my book WRG employees have acted in the exemplary manner and shown a logical constraint that is exemplified in the character release for this event.
    Thank you.
    I hope I can speak for everyone when I say that our frustrations are not with Shan but with WRG itself.
  • Options
    DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    DAE wrote: »
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

nw240t877dsn.jpeg

I got something similar last week. Glad to see l am not the only one.

v7bpf8bijmou.jpeg

Lol. Thats what i got last week also. Woohoo. Your not the only one. Screenshots like this i send in a ticket addressed as “please forward to tech dept” all the time. I expect no reply, ask for no compensation or reply. Simply, “please forward”.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

So apparently Una is a Lt Cdr. I guess there is no Commander on the Enterprise.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

Rank on the Enterprise seems to go by most hair. Like Pakleds with helmet size. Pike has the most with that giant mountain of hair on his head, then Number One on down.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Stripes seen on the uniform correspond to the Commander rank
    znlcz9fhocad.jpg

Maybe we can do a bingo card for rank mismatch in any Star Trek episode, by series etc ^^

I loved this tweet. Apparently the writers and costume designers can't keep things straight. Either that or they're just trolling fans.

How about doing an O'Brien collection with all the different ranks/pins he was given one the years. He must have enough to fill a collection by himself.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    I have no idea why they don't use the Navy pattern.

Four bands Captain
    Three Bands Commander
    Two full bands flanking a narrow band Lieutenant Commander
    Two Bands Lieutenant
    One full band with a narrow band above Lieutenant Junior Grade
    One Band Ensign

Admirals have one wider band with higher ranks having more bands above.

j3htlp1jqwo7.jpg

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    The shirts are all so bright I am not sure how anyone would see rank when they are in motion.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Soooo back to the the important things... NEVER EXTEND AN EVENT , its the worse thing you can do. The majority will suffer for it.
  • Options
    Princess_UhuraPrincess_Uhura ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Soooo back to the the important things... NEVER EXTEND AN EVENT , its the worse thing you can do. The majority will suffer for it.

And to even be more universal with the lesson that I hope wrg learned, don’t treat us like we dont matter. If there is anything holding this game together, it is the loyalty that the players have to it, despite issue afeter issue and bugs after bugs. Dont make the problems worse by ignoring us, tryong to shut us up, nickel and dime us, or pretending there arent problems when there are.

The way the event was exrendted sucked, but what was worse was the lack of communication from wrg after that. Shan comes here a lot, but they really are only allowed to be advocates for us to be patient, over and over. Even though the players are loyal, issues like the one in this event will lose more players than it retains. I promise that
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no idea why they don't use the Navy pattern.

Four bands Captain
    Three Bands Commander
    Two full bands flanking a narrow band Lieutenant Commander
    Two Bands Lieutenant
    One full band with a narrow band above Lieutenant Junior Grade
    One Band Ensign

Admirals have one wider band with higher ranks having more bands above.

j3htlp1jqwo7.jpg

The issue is not what they use, it's that they're not consistent. Use the US Navy, use the classic TOS, make up something new, any of those would be fine. But figure out what rank each character is, have them be addressed correctly, and give them the appropriate uniform indicator for that rank.
  • Options

And to even be more universal with the lesson that I hope wrg learned, don’t treat us like we dont matter. If there is anything holding this game together, it is the loyalty that the players have to it, despite issue afeter issue and bugs after bugs. Dont make the problems worse by ignoring us, tryong to shut us up, nickel and dime us, or pretending there arent problems when there are.

The way the event was exrendted sucked, but what was worse was the lack of communication from wrg after that. Shan comes here a lot, but they really are only allowed to be advocates for us to be patient, over and over. Even though the players are loyal, issues like the one in this event will lose more players than it retains. I promise that

I had no time for most of the event. I didn't even expect to finish threshold or get the extra Tam's I needed. When I found out the event was extended I was able to complete threshold, complete Tam, and nearly had enough time to rank for the Spock in the extended ranks. Throw in the free compensation for the screwup and I came out much better off for it.

Ok then thays great for you.

For many other people, who have lifestyles that are different from yours, the change up was much more detrimental.

My post had more depth than some kind of a blind stab in the dark at how it may have specifically affected you. Maybe when you post you should keep perspective that for the game to run, there needs to be more players than just you. That advice is free.
  • Options
    Kim-NovakKim-Novak ✭✭✭
    What do I get for paid advice & what are the rates? 🤔
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    Kim-Novak wrote: »
    What do I get for paid advice & what are the rates? 🤔

After three times you get ignored. :smirk:
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I go for a goal rather than a rank and end up getting the rank. I ended Top 750. Barely. But Top 1000 would have done the same for me. And since I wanted 2 copies, Top 2000 would have worked since they gave a citation. That citation means that anyone up to Top 2000 got effectively 2 copies. I would argue that far more people benefited because of the extension. That doesn't mean we should want them, but this benefited lots of people.

I wasn’t a fan of the extension but I aimed for top 750 and still got that. Since that’s a moving target, I kept burning intel until I ran out. The upside of that, I ended up with a bunch of extra credits and honour. The extra citation allowed me to finish a collection earlier than planned.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    I had an interesting experience with this event and the extension. I have been stockpiling dilithium for a while to go hard at recap packs to fuel my IKS Bortas so my plan for all 4 events of the mega was to just clear thresholds for the Honor and then count on the recap packs to get me the cards I missed.

So by the time the event glitch happened I was sitting around 4,100th place and had barely cleared thresholds. Then the glitch happened and I was working with people in my fleet to help them coordinate around the outage to make sure they could hit their goals. All told, I think I spent several hours that night helping folks.

Then I made the mistake of coming here. There were a handful of players throwing tantrums, hijacking threads, being a nuisance, aggressively coming after other players for not agreeing with their perspective, and just generally speaking with an arrogant, entitled tone and I will confess, it REALLY rubbed me the wrong way. And it woke up the skirmish monster I had worked hard to suppress for 3 days.

I spent about 6 hours during that extended 24 hour period and charged down the top 750. I finished with 2.1 million VP, which was good for 510th place. Not sure whose place I took but I REALLY hope it was one of the complainers, and in closing I will just add that I managed that on only 6 hours of work, so a lot of the people upset that their weekend of hard work was being undone did not work NEARLY as hard as they claimed.

I also know for a fact that I was not alone, I am just the second person (so far) who is publicly saying it (respect to @AviTrek ).

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and only they know their own experiences in this outage.

For you, it looks like you have the means to hoard dilithium, to purchase honor for a very expensive ship, and you have adequare time to spend on an event, looks like 6 hours plus whatever you took to do thresholds.

But judging feom that, i am fairly certain that you also have plenty of chrons in general and you probably can do well in events for many weeks on end. Other players dont have that lixury and have to pick their spots, so allowing 24 extra hours for resource rich players, such as yourself, to crank up the resource drain on people who have varying amounts of resource reserves, including time, was definitely an impact, which your post proves.

People will have varying experiences as far as how much of an impact this had to their ling game, but from what you described in your post, you werent one of them. Thats fine. No one is saying that you were, and just dont know it. That wojld be absurd.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    I had an interesting experience with this event and the extension. I have been stockpiling dilithium for a while to go hard at recap packs to fuel my IKS Bortas so my plan for all 4 events of the mega was to just clear thresholds for the Honor and then count on the recap packs to get me the cards I missed.

So by the time the event glitch happened I was sitting around 4,100th place and had barely cleared thresholds. Then the glitch happened and I was working with people in my fleet to help them coordinate around the outage to make sure they could hit their goals. All told, I think I spent several hours that night helping folks.

Then I made the mistake of coming here. There were a handful of players throwing tantrums, hijacking threads, being a nuisance, aggressively coming after other players for not agreeing with their perspective, and just generally speaking with an arrogant, entitled tone and I will confess, it REALLY rubbed me the wrong way. And it woke up the skirmish monster I had worked hard to suppress for 3 days.

I spent about 6 hours during that extended 24 hour period and charged down the top 750. I finished with 2.1 million VP, which was good for 510th place. Not sure whose place I took but I REALLY hope it was one of the complainers, and in closing I will just add that I managed that on only 6 hours of work, so a lot of the people upset that their weekend of hard work was being undone did not work NEARLY as hard as they claimed.

I also know for a fact that I was not alone, I am just the second person (so far) who is publicly saying it (respect to @AviTrek ).

I agree with you except for one detail.
    I find 6 hours hard work and respect how much work top 100 players are putting in this game each weekend event.

Thanks to the extended 24 hours I managed 2.06m VP - 535th place. I played 4 hours extra of what I already had.

The forums brings up indeed internal monsters.