Home The Bridge
Options

Fleet Boss Battles - Feedback thread

Comments

• Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    Why is there a cap on the ability for players to contribute to solving more nodes after already solving a node in a combo chain?

This is a silly limitation to have. If a player wants to carry a fleet by solving nodes to complete the combo chain, let them. How does that hurt wrgs bottom line? It dosnt. They get more resources from escalating costs for valor. How does it hurt players? It dosnt. Because you dont get credit for combo chains anyway.

Come on wrg.

I think they can still do it. But they have to seat the crew in the attack screen.
    If they think they know a combo, put the crew into the attack.
    I think Shan did mention that this can happen. And , why people can get combos on the same tier in two separate battles of the boss.

Can you show me where this one is discussed? (Sorry for first post)

You know I am having trouble finding it I thought it was in this thread when Shan answered questions about more than one crew teaming up to unlock a node.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »
    Yesterday I was playing, and I had a nodes with three traits, one shown and two hidden.

No nodes had been cleared in the combo.

I selected several crew with different matching traits and attempted to clear several nodes in one go. I cleared two of them.

One of the nodes I cleared had the traits Physician, Hero, Human.
    One of my crew had Physician and Human (It was a Bashir).
    Another crew had the Hero trait.

Between them they cleared the node.

@Shan

Is this intended behaviour?
    Is it a bug that happens sometimes?
    Is is likely to stay in the Fleet Battles?, i.e. can we aim to use multiple crew to match different traits on the same node?

It is intended, it was covered in the FAQ :)

This is the quote from the FAQ:
    A Combo Chain consists of several nodes that must be discovered in order to trigger the combo that will deal a significant amount of damage to the boss.

For each node of a Combo Chain, only 1 trait will be shown, with additional traits to be discovered among the list of traits displayed at the bottom of the screen. Finding the correct trait combination will require experimentation with various crew, working with fleet mates will help narrow your choices down.

Attacking the boss with a crew with the correct traits combination will unlock the relevant node.
    When all nodes are unlocked the Combo Chain will trigger to deal a huge amount of Boss Hull Damage, then a new Combo Chain will appear.

Depending on the Boss difficulty level, Combo Chains number and their length (# of nodes) will vary.

Once you've discovered a node for a particular Combo Chain, you will not be able to participate in the discovery of the other nodes for that chain. You can however continue to attack to deal damage to the boss.

On some occasions, it will be possible that crew used for an attack will unlock multiple nodes, that's the only circumstance in which a single player will be able to unlock multiple nodes in the same Combo Chain.
    https://startrektimelines.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/7014846676887-Fleet-Boss-Battles-Captain-s-Bridge-FAQ

That reads like you need one single crew to have all the traits to match the node. If it's intended that you only need the traits spread out over all the crew, can you update the FAQ verbiage to be more clear? From Ben's demo it seemed like most people thought that you needed one crew with all the traits to unlock that node.

@Princess_Uhura
    Sorry I have read so many posts. It was not a Shan post.
    But a post from a member showing the info from FAQ

Edit: just before the link click on show post
    Here is the pertinent paragraph.
    On some occasions, it will be possible that crew used for an attack will unlock multiple nodes, that's the only circumstance in which a single player will be able to unlock multiple nodes in the same Combo Chain
  • Options
    Princess_UhuraPrincess_Uhura ✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday I was playing, and I had a nodes with three traits, one shown and two hidden.

I selected several crew with different matching traits and attempted to clear several nodes in one go. I cleared two of them.

@Shan

Is is likely to stay in the Fleet Battles?, i.e. can we aim to use multiple crew to match different traits on the same node?

A Combo Chain consists of several nodes that must be discovered in order to trigger the combo that will deal a significant amount of damage to the boss.

For each node of a Combo Chain, only 1 trait will be shown, with additional traits to be discovered among the list of traits displayed at the bottom of the screen. Finding the correct trait combination will require experimentation with various crew, working with fleet mates will help narrow your choices down.

Attacking the boss with a crew with the correct traits combination will unlock the relevant node.
    When all nodes are unlocked the Combo Chain will trigger to deal a huge amount of Boss Hull Damage, then a new Combo Chain will appear.

Depending on the Boss difficulty level, Combo Chains number and their length (# of nodes) will vary.

Once you've discovered a node for a particular Combo Chain, you will not be able to participate in the discovery of the other nodes for that chain. You can however continue to attack to deal damage to the boss.

On some occasions, it will be possible that crew used for an attack will unlock multiple nodes, that's the only circumstance in which a single player will be able to unlock multiple nodes in the same Combo Chain.
    https://startrektimelines.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/7014846676887-Fleet-Boss-Battles-Captain-s-Bridge-FAQ

That reads like you need one single crew to have all the traits to match the node. If it's intended that you only need the traits spread out over all the crew, can you update the FAQ verbiage to be more clear? From Ben's demo it seemed like most people thought that you needed one crew with all the traits to unlock that node.

@Princess_Uhura

On some occasions, it will be possible that crew used for an attack will unlock multiple nodes, that's the only circumstance in which a single player will be able to unlock multiple nodes in the same Combo Chain

Oh ok, yeah ive definitely had that happen, but after that occurrence of a double or triple node unlock as part of one battle, it blocks the player from further contributing to the combo chain.
  • Options
    PhdPhd ✭✭✭
    Feedback from a one person fleet - apologies if this has already been raised by others.

Firstly, really enjoying the new feature. I have been playing the game for over 2 years now and hope to do so for the foreseeable future, so keep up the good work.

I was really hoping that the FBB wasn't going to force one person or small fleets to join larger fleets. I am sure that there are many like me who want to do things at their own pace and don't join larger fleets only because they don't have the time to devote to them etc. I am quite prepared to to "grind" and wait to get to the next stage etc (as long as the goal is achievable).

Having got to Captain's Bridge Level 3, I now realise that I won't be able to go any further as I will need to beat the easy boss in order to get Kemocite on the Normal Boss etc. The only way to beat the easy boss would be to spend thousands of dilithium (but as the boss hull strength noticeably increases with each difficulty then this option would unlikely be feasible).

I was initially hoping (wishful thinking) that the bridge bonuses would keep increasing with each bridge level until I could defeat the easy boss eventually and progress to the next level.

Can there be some other way to get Kemocite and other required elements etc i.e. via Campaign Tiers, voyages or even make them available to buy. I am sure there are other ways they could be made available for one person/tiny fleets that would enable them to compete (otherwise the feature will just become a white elephant very quickly).

Maybe I have missed something, so if any player has a suggestion how to get around this issue (short of joining a larger fleet, which I am not interested in at present) then as Spock would say "I am all ears" .
    Many Thanks

Supra

Same here! I reached level 3 bridge, but cannot progress without Kemocite.
    My fleet is small and cannot kill the boss, I can easily get over 800K for max rewards, but no Kemocite :(
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Phd wrote: »
    Feedback from a one person fleet - apologies if this has already been raised by others.

Firstly, really enjoying the new feature. I have been playing the game for over 2 years now and hope to do so for the foreseeable future, so keep up the good work.

I was really hoping that the FBB wasn't going to force one person or small fleets to join larger fleets. I am sure that there are many like me who want to do things at their own pace and don't join larger fleets only because they don't have the time to devote to them etc. I am quite prepared to to "grind" and wait to get to the next stage etc (as long as the goal is achievable).

Having got to Captain's Bridge Level 3, I now realise that I won't be able to go any further as I will need to beat the easy boss in order to get Kemocite on the Normal Boss etc. The only way to beat the easy boss would be to spend thousands of dilithium (but as the boss hull strength noticeably increases with each difficulty then this option would unlikely be feasible).

I was initially hoping (wishful thinking) that the bridge bonuses would keep increasing with each bridge level until I could defeat the easy boss eventually and progress to the next level.

Can there be some other way to get Kemocite and other required elements etc i.e. via Campaign Tiers, voyages or even make them available to buy. I am sure there are other ways they could be made available for one person/tiny fleets that would enable them to compete (otherwise the feature will just become a white elephant very quickly).

Maybe I have missed something, so if any player has a suggestion how to get around this issue (short of joining a larger fleet, which I am not interested in at present) then as Spock would say "I am all ears" .
    Many Thanks

Supra

My fleet is small and cannot kill the boss, I can easily get over 800K for max rewards, but no Kemocite :(

Normal only needs 50% for one.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    My suggestion would be to do 1 damage batt

@Shan

@Princess_Uhura

Oh ok, yeah ive definitely had that happen, but after that occurrence of a double or triple node unlock as part of one battle, it blocks the player from further contributing to the combo chain.

Ya, it is open to interpretation, so I could be wrong in interpreting my way.
    Your's might be right. I will test tomorrow night.

Edit: I am taking it to mean two separate battles. One done from combo screen , the other from an attack which includes traits that unlock combo.
    I had the opportunity today, but I am still thinking I could not do it with that account.

Edit: If I can get past normal with 3 accounts (not looking good, so far) . I will definitely need it in the future.
  • Options
    If you can have crew retrieval point to portal only then you can have fleet boss battles point to portal only.

Really says a lot about where their priorities are.

• Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve seen others post about it but now, after having it happen I have to say it is completely upsetting to have only a crew that is not available in portal be the one that can unlock a combo chain. This needs fixing right away. If you can have crew retrieval point to portal only then you can have fleet boss battles point to portal only. This needs corrected.
    +1, exactly so
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    If you can have crew retrieval point to portal only then you can have fleet boss battles point to portal only.

Yes. And truthfully, it seems like this is intentional.

The crew that is not in portal is a 4 star that was released in april.

Also in the possible traits, vedala.

While vedala is a 5 star and therefore not a usable trait in the difficulty i am playing, im seeing a possible pattern of potential traits pointing toward crew that are not in portal.

Im going to keep watching this. But if this pattern continues to show up, i think its safe to say that wrg wants to see the pitchforks come out.

• Options
    Mirror McCoyMirror McCoy ✭✭✭✭
    Request: If the boss is low on health, let us complete the battle anyway.
    My latest battle got cut very short because the boss died during it. I would have done about 4x the amount of damage I actually did, which would have been enough to get me to the next reward level.
    Instead, I basically just wasted that Valor.
    I could have done one attack at a lower level and actually gotten something for it.
  • Options
    Bound2FateBound2Fate ✭✭✭✭

Many Thanks

Supra

Exactly the same situation for me too--just hit level 3.
    Admiral of Historians of Starfleet Join! Looking for daily players.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭

While vedala is a 5 star and therefore not a usable trait in the difficulty i am playing, im seeing a possible pattern of potential traits pointing toward crew that are not in portal.

Im going to keep watching this. But if this pattern continues to show up, i think its safe to say that wrg wants to see the pitchforks come out.
    Don't forget Hanlon's Razor:

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by neglect ..."

I seem to remember @Dirk Gunderson had a useful codicil to that, though:

"... but don't rule out malice."

I'm much more inclined to believe incompetence in this case. Someone wrote code that randomly picked from all crew. They never thought to exclude crew out of the portal. They also seemed to do a lot of their testing on low levels(at least from the demos at saw), so they never saw the issue. Their test accounts also probably have a lot of crew so they didn't think about crew not in the portal.

Shan also acknowledged the issue and said they're working on it. Her response didn't sound like it was something they intended and now regret. It was more like, "oh (snip), we didn't catch that and we need to fix it".

Besides, what's the benefit of making it crew out of the portal, it's not like they're selling the crew out of the portal? Why intentionally block players on something impossible if they can't sell something to unblock the players?

Perfection.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peets wrote: »

Many Thanks

Supra

That's my Fleets approach. Peck it it death by ducks!😂 Going forward is progress, regardless of distance.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options

Don't forget Hanlon's Razor:

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by neglect ..."

I seem to remember @Dirk Gunderson had a useful codicil to that, though:

"... but don't rule out malice."

I'm much more inclined to believe incompetence in this case. Someone wrote code that randomly picked from all crew. They never thought to exclude crew out of the portal. They also seemed to do a lot of their testing on low levels(at least from the demos at saw), so they never saw the issue. Their test accounts also probably have a lot of crew so they didn't think about crew not in the portal.

Shan also acknowledged the issue and said they're working on it. Her response didn't sound like it was something they intended and now regret. It was more like, "oh (snip), we didn't catch that and we need to fix it".

Besides, what's the benefit of making it crew out of the portal, it's not like they're selling the crew out of the portal? Why intentionally block players on something impossible if they can't sell something to unblock the players?

I want to believe that. I want to give them the benefit of the doubt.

But there are more traits than can fit in our inventory, yet, i hear more and more people seeing vedala trait.

Call it confirmation bias. But i dont think thats what is going on here
  • Options
    Love fleet boss so far. I do see one obvious problem. Fleets are limited to 50 members spread across time zones or different countries. With everyone able to start a battle it up us hard to get a successful defeat when more than 2 levels are open at the same time, specially with 1 valor every 3 hours and a max of 4 valor. It would be a lot easier to get a defeat if only officers are allowed to start a battle. If someone else has already suggested I apologize for the re-posting.
  • Options
    PhdPhd ✭✭✭

In a fleet where only 2 or 3 members play, an generally on I get over 1mil damage,
    that's me done, it seems a waste of time!

• Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    My main account is at 277 merits needs 5 more wins in gauntlet
    My 2nd account is at 662 merits needs 3 more wins in gauntlet
    My 3rd account is at 2007 merits needs 12 more wins in gauntlet.

Game almost over for me.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭

Many Thanks

Supra

Hard only needs 50% for one.

In a fleet where only 2 or 3 members play, an generally on I get over 1mil damage,
    that's me done, it seems a waste of time!

Correct, this mode is created for filled fleets.

Will be hard to adjust, otherwise the filled fleets will be at level 20 in a month and yell "What do we do now?" but they are yelling now "We can't progress fast enough"

There are even wild conspiracy theories floating around.

Oh well, same thing as always.
    Expecting AAAA quality of 2000 man from a team of 10.
  • Options
    JanewayRocks2JanewayRocks2 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    qtgu4lztv1pe.png
    After server update we should only have 18 traits to correct for the loss of thebottom line of traits. Something obviously went wrong. I now only see 12 traits on iphone 12 pro. See screenshot. Note: this is AFTER restarting the game
  • Options
    I'm much more inclined to believe incompetence in this case. Someone wrote code that randomly picked from all crew. They never thought to exclude crew out of the portal.

That would be an extreme level of incompetence.

The benefit is that the boss can still be defeated without completing combo chains, if players spend a lot of dilithium for Valor refreshes. So they either spend dilithium grabbing up every new crew that shows up in a special booster pack to make sure they don't miss a combo chain requiring that crew, or they spend dilithium making up for the combo chains they couldn't get (and of course, they spend real cash to get more dilithium).

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

I keep finishing first in my group for the Easy. And I am useless. So that should say something.

Also, the Trait that is showing for Crew will not allow you to use Crew that have that Trait? Kind of useless.

suprbt6k8e3l.jpg
    6ng8zg1q6jdg.jpg

Kira is Bajoran and Burnham is Human

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    qtgu4lztv1pe.png
    After server update we should only have 18 traits to correct for the loss of thebottom line of traits. Something obviously went wrong. I now only see 12 traits on iphone 12 pro. See screenshot. Note: this is AFTER restarting the game

Guys, they did something cool that several people asked for the bottom only shows the traits that are possible hidden traits for all nodes, The revealed node specific traits aren't below since they are locked for the specific node you are matching. So for this combo, you have 4 revealed traits (shapeshifter, casual, bajoran, changeling) and 12 possible traits to match with them at the bottom. That is 16 for your combo.

This makes matching traits a lot easier, since you could get confused and think a combo was viable when it wasn't because one of the traits you were trying to match actually was one of the revealed node specific traits.

Nice job!

Edit: Probably would have been good to mention in the communication, because now if a trait appears in the bottom and the top, that means its on the list twice. its node specific AND could be used for another node as a match. Could be confusing for people, but overall is a better user experience.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    qtgu4lztv1pe.png

You should see a max of 18 traits, you could see less.
    This is the case here.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep finishing first in my group for the Easy. And I am useless. So that should say something.

Also, the Trait that is showing for Crew will not allow you to use Crew that have that Trait? Kind of useless.

suprbt6k8e3l.jpg
    6ng8zg1q6jdg.jpg

Kira is Bajoran and Burnham is Human

In 'select crew' you will only see crew that have at least 2 relevant traits.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding crew not readily available, I want to reiterate that we are looking at a solution.
    I do not have an ETA.
    For the issue with 'vedala' this is primarily due to having a new species trait and having to have it visible in game for the event announcement.

We are looking into it.

If you are blocked by 'vedala' please contact support and put it clearly in the subject line so it is easily identifiable as there is a backlog of tickets. Thank you!