Home The Bridge
Options

Fleet Boss Battles - Feedback thread

Comments

• Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    I was dealing with the same thing on Easy vs Normal. We've all been piling on Normal to get Kemosite and build up to taking it down. (69% damage this last time), but Easy gets triggered a lot. We're all getting used to playing Normal now. I'm hoping for 75% damage this time and beating him within a week. Being able to mark one battle would be nice.
    I also support the Boss rewards going to every player that contributes, even if they don't make personal thresholds. I've got EIGHT of my players that haven't made it yet, though there's 15 hours to go. I know three didn't make it last time, including one player that finished a chain for us.
    72kvj79lbk20.jpg
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Mirror McCoyMirror McCoy ✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    Going as far back as SATURDAY I started putting out daily messages in Fleet chat giving everyone ample notice of our plans to go all in on the Nightmare boss Tuesday (we have people from Europe, NZ, Asia so I like to give plenty of notice since all of our schedules/time zones are scattered). A few officers and I have been coordinating times, charting data, coming up with ship setups to recommend to people, developing attack plans to make sure that our lowest level people know that all the big hitters will be unavailable to assist the lower ranks and possible plans for them to jump in on Nightmare and give them the best shot at getting rewards, and buying/spending dilithium to get fully prepared. Hell, we even gave the operation a cute name.

Yesterday I laid the plan out in fleet chat in game, sharing the cute name, the basic plan, and I gave a directive to everyone to NOT start a new nightmare FB when the current one expired...

...care to guess what happened?

For the love of god and all the is holy PLEASE either give us the ability to lock people out of specific difficulties or make it so that only officers can start battles!

Ben addressed this in the Discord Q&A. He said, "we thought about locking but we felt like it could cause certain members of the fleet to be blocked if the admiral locked a lower difficulty and some members needed to play that difficulty to get bridge components."
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    Going as far back as SATURDAY I started putting out daily messages in Fleet chat giving everyone ample notice of our plans to go all in on the Nightmare boss Tuesday (we have people from Europe, NZ, Asia so I like to give plenty of notice since all of our schedules/time zones are scattered). A few officers and I have been coordinating times, charting data, coming up with ship setups to recommend to people, developing attack plans to make sure that our lowest level people know that all the big hitters will be unavailable to assist the lower ranks and possible plans for them to jump in on Nightmare and give them the best shot at getting rewards, and buying/spending dilithium to get fully prepared. Hell, we even gave the operation a cute name.

Yesterday I laid the plan out in fleet chat in game, sharing the cute name, the basic plan, and I gave a directive to everyone to NOT start a new nightmare FB when the current one expired...

...care to guess what happened?

For the love of god and all the is holy PLEASE either give us the ability to lock people out of specific difficulties or make it so that only officers can start battles!

Ben addressed this in the Discord Q&A. He said, "we thought about locking but we felt like it could cause certain members of the fleet to be blocked if the admiral locked a lower difficulty and some members needed to play that difficulty to get bridge components."

Mixed locks. Keep Hard, Normal, Easy open. Lock harder difficulties.

Or just lock Normal and Easy forever after they’re complete because they’re neither Normal or Easy. Have I mentioned recently that 2/3* ships are trash?
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options

...Which wouldn't have been a problem if they had just made 1 damage the bottom threshold for personal rewards. It's just shoddy design all the way.

• Options
    PhdPhd ✭✭✭
    Seen message this morning about rebalancing Magnesite, but nothing about alternatives to obtaining Kemosite! Also, keep getting problem of multiple valor taken for single attacks! Sometime 2 and even 3 taken for 1 attack. That needs sorting.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone else suddenly seen their damage go down? I was averaging about 3.8m-4.2m on brutal and then suddenly last night I'm getting 2-3m. I've now had 4 tickets all behave the same way so I don't think it's RNG. The only other change I can think of is my bridge went from 6 to 7. But that shouldn't have been reduced my damage.
  • Options
    I've had about 2 or 3 crashes a day lately and costing me as much Valor. I send a CS ticket every time. This is crazy.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do they realize how difficult it is to have a large fleet coordinate an attack, when they usually are not all in the same time zone. The problem here I believe is also the way things jump around. Usually the active battle gets put first. Many times with my 3 account fleet, I almost accidentally started a different difficulty. No big deal since they are all my accounts. But I would be very frustrated if I wasted valor on a difficulty I did not intend to battle on.

Something is needed. The easiest would be only one battle going on at a time. Harder would be to give more control to the leader to allow some other difficulties to be started if they so choose.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    One other thought , how about the lower difficulty rewards being available at higher difficulties with much lower thresholds.

There , then you can lockout all other difficulties.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    This is on Normal. What is the answer? Cretak didn't work according to a fleetmate.
    6o8b69qghm53.png
    Three traits don't occur at this level and two don't match with politician, one at any level.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have one of your Pikes try this.

acvxwbyeb06x.jpg
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is on Normal. What is the answer? Cretak didn't work according to a fleetmate.
    6o8b69qghm53.png
    Three traits don't occur at this level and two don't match with politician, one at any level.

Yeah, i'd try cretak again, we've noticed that

A) sometimes the game can refresh if you add them in the combo screen and the crew never got on board the ship even if they thought it did

B) Some people don't realize you can't clear a node again. We've had people say crew didn't work when they already unlocked a node.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    6o8b69qghm53.png

I had a similar problem I thought I had smiley on my ship. But I remember having another crew who unlocked another combo (was the one with shield repair) and I had another crew with hull repair(this was the one that should have been Smiley) had to be Commander Scott. If I had not remembered the hull and shield , I would have been convinced that I had Smiley on my ship.
    Smiley was the only one who had the traits to unlock it.
    But then I realized it had to be Commander Scott who I had on the ship on my other account.

• Options
    I'll tell him to try it again. Hope he hasn't froze him back.
  • Options
    6o8b69qghm53.png

Yeah, i'd try cretak again, we've noticed that

A) sometimes the game can refresh if you add them in the combo screen and the crew never got on board the ship even if they thought it did

B) Some people don't realize you can't clear a node again. We've had people say crew didn't work when they already unlocked a node.

Try Acting Negus Brunt or Leader Pav, they are the only 2 other 2* or 3* Politicians
  • Options
    The amount of crew makes trait combos nearly impossible if they can be divided among multiple crew. My fleet is absolutely stuck on this one - we have several people trying to figure out a combination, but no luck

mwww89a54rj1.png

Combos are absolutely the weakest part of this feature, from the enormous merit cost to the sheer number of possible permutations, it just isn't viable in my opinion.

If you look at the traits, there are two Smugglers, both are dimmed, but only one was used. Your missing crew is a smuggler. I have run into this many times, very frustrating.