Home The Bridge
Options

Fleet Boss Battles - Feedback thread

Comments

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peets wrote: »
    Our most recent battle (just ended)had non-portal/retrievable crew showing as possible node matches. Also of our 16 possible modes half of them had matches running into 100s.

Is it possible that you forgot that it is not crew based but trait based? I never saw more then 5-6 possible matches.

You can still use a non portal crew to match the node. The change made was to guarantee there would be a portal crew as an option. But if a non portal crew shares the traits you can still use them too.
  • Options
    @Shan, can you confirm whether this is the correct breakdown of bridge rewards, and also the part about it being 75 schematics short of getting the Constellation to level 10? If so, is that ever gonna be addressed, or will it just never be possible to max out the Constellation?
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    v6eobn01uzca.png

Had this last night, the node would not be unlocked. I tried all of the different node possibilities of this Federation + node, Camp Janeway for Nurse or Starfleet or Human, B-4 for casual, Robin Hood for thief, Science Officer Tilly for theoretical engineer, Lt. Booker for courier, Author Doctor for diplomat, the only Ikaaran is Karyn Archer who doesn’t have the Federation trait, and the only Terrellian is 5* Irina who also isn’t Federation. So what did I miss? Why didn’t this node unlock? It shows only as a 2 trait node, is it a visual bug and it’s really a 3 trait node? Are there secret traits I can’t see?
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wowies, Kudos to the team that they calculated the sum of schems right and thought of adding 75 extra schems on Bridge Level 16. It would be nice to see the total requirements of each bridge level as well (not only the rewards, I mean).
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    I am short on time to verify the whole list but I did check on the schematics and at Bridge Level 16 I see 675 schematics and not 600.

Oh, that's great news!

• Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    @Shan I just had a conversation with one of my fleetmates and we were wondering if we misunderstood the meaning of "only one crew can unlock a node".

For example, if the visible trait is Federation and the hidden trait is Jury Rigger, does it mean that:

1) Every crew that has Federation + Jury Rigger and the correct rarity will be able to unlock it

or

2) Only one specific crew among those with Federation + Jury Rigger and the correct rarity will be able to unlock it?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shan I just had a conversation with one of my fleetmates and we were wondering if we misunderstood the meaning of "only one crew can unlock a node".

For example, if the visible trait is Federation and the hidden trait is Jury Rigger, does it mean that:

1) Everyone who has Federation + Jury Rigger and the correct rarity will be able to unlock it

or

2) Only one specific crew among those with Federation + Jury Rigger and the correct rarity will be able to unlock it?

Everyone with federation +jury rigger and an eligible rarity can unlock it.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avitrek is correct :)
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

Then why didn’t mine above?
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    edited August 2022

Thank you both for your answer!

I had read comments from players saying the opposite, so I wanted to be sure :)
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

Then why didn’t mine above?

I do not know.
    Without being able to look at the battle itself and what the hidden trait was, it's impossible to say.
  • Options
    v6eobn01uzca.png

Had this last night, the node would not be unlocked. I tried all of the different node possibilities of this Federation + node, Camp Janeway for Nurse or Starfleet or Human, B-4 for casual, Robin Hood for thief, Science Officer Tilly for theoretical engineer, Lt. Booker for courier, Author Doctor for diplomat, the only Ikaaran is Karyn Archer who doesn’t have the Federation trait, and the only Terrellian is 5* Irina who also isn’t Federation. So what did I miss? Why didn’t this node unlock? It shows only as a 2 trait node, is it a visual bug and it’s really a 3 trait node? Are there secret traits I can’t see?

Just because it only shows 2 Traits (1 revealed and 1 hidden) doesn't mean the crew that will unlock it only has 2 traits; they may have more.

I just had one where the revealed trait was Prodigy, and my fleet had tried many different crew, but I tried an unused trait of Villain; using Dr. Hippocrates Noah unlocked the node. But...he was also Human (which had already been used in another node) and a few other traits I can't remember.

So, the selected crew may have more traits than the node is calling for, and 1 or more of those may also be "dead" traits from other nodes.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Peets wrote: »
    Our most recent battle (just ended)had non-portal/retrievable crew showing as possible node matches. Also of our 16 possible modes half of them had matches running into 100s.

Is it possible that you forgot that it is not crew based but trait based? I never saw more then 5-6 possible matches.

You can still use a non portal crew to match the node. The change made was to guarantee there would be a portal crew as an option. But if a non portal crew shares the traits you can still use them too.

Yeah, I thin
    DaiMon Bok wrote: »
    v6eobn01uzca.png

Just because it only shows 2 Traits (1 revealed and 1 hidden) doesn't mean the crew that will unlock it only has 2 traits; they may have more.

I just had one where the revealed trait was Prodigy, and my fleet had tried many different crew, but I tried an unused trait of Villain; using Dr. Hippocrates Noah unlocked the node. But...he was also Human (which had already been used in another node) and a few other traits I can't remember.

So, the selected crew may have more traits than the node is calling for, and 1 or more of those may also be "dead" traits from other nodes.

Apollo is right, he should have unlocked it. It might be that he encountered the bug by picking crew in the node selection but it did not appear on his slots to attack.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Is anyone else seeing a decrease in their average damage per run? It's come up in our Fleet, still on Normal, so I'm throwing about 500-550k on average and I was doing more like 600k.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Is anyone else seeing a decrease in their average damage per run? It's come up in our Fleet, still on Normal, so I'm throwing about 500-550k on average and I was doing more like 600k.

Your crew for the Klingon K't'inga Battlecruiser, should be Kang, Commando Crusher, and Smiley O'Brien.

As someone suggested run a ship battle say at 'On Their Heels' to get use to battling in manual. If you win to quickly , try on next level difficulty.

You need to use the 2nd ship ability first (cloak), followed by Kang, then Crusher and the 1st ship ability, then maybe after two seconds O'Brien. Then repeat it again. If you get an evasion in, repeat again . You should be able to average 1 million damage. If an evasion gets in 1.5 million (might be lower might not get the immediate damage from ship ability in)

Edit: I have noted in the past a reduction in damage that does not seem to be explained as of yet.i thought it might be the "Reduce damage taken from Boss" but Shan I think said it was not the case. So I do not have any idea why damage was reduced. Actually, what I really noticed was not lasting as long in battle. And, if you do not last as long, you will do less damage when the ship and crew are the same.
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also have come across a node that seemingly was unlockable. It was only a two trait node (Hero+1).
    I listed all the options, and there were a lot that weren't possible (e.g. Hero+Kzinti).
    This left me with trait combinations that could be covered by one of 3 crew.

However, I tried all three (I even tried the first one twice because I started to doubt myself that I had tried it) but the node wouldn't unlock.

So I think there is still a bug floating around somewhere!
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    Aldude wrote: »
    I also have come across a node that seemingly was unlockable. It was only a two trait node (Hero+1).
    I listed all the options, and there were a lot that weren't possible (e.g. Hero+Kzinti).
    This left me with trait combinations that could be covered by one of 3 crew.

However, I tried all three (I even tried the first one twice because I started to doubt myself that I had tried it) but the node wouldn't unlock.

So I think there is still a bug floating around somewhere!

There is one that I haven't seen mentioned a lot yet, similar to the one that leaves both copies of the same trait greyed out, after it's been used only once.

If a trait (say Crafty) is the known trait for a node and the hidden trait for another, then it will obviously appear only once in the trait list. If the node where Crafty is the known trait gets unlocked first, for some reason that trait will be greyed out in the list, as if it had been already used, but it hasn't, because known traits aren't in the list.

That happened to my fleet yesterday and it was confusing, because we were left with an impossible node, until we figured out that the trait that we needed had been greyed out by this bug even if it had not been used yet.
  • Options
    When a new combo chain starts, check if any of the known traits also appears in the trait list for the hidden ones. If they do, you might run into this bug.
  • Options
    0zif3r5zwa2a.jpg

So true, except that the initial "bug" was just something that made the game more fun for plenty of players, and didn't ever need to be fixed at all. Their greed made the product worse, when simply doing nothing would've made it better than they had originally intended.
  • Options
    duplicate traits
    in random traits, example: 2x Starfleet, human or federation
    in fixed + random traits, example: desperate as fixed trait but also as random trait

with dupe traits and one character found with one of them both traits are marked as done,
    same with fixed + random trait - if fixed desperate is found the random one is marked as done too

in the combo chain menu if you click on one empty slot to show possibly matching characters it even shows character with traits already found and marked as done
    had one slot with fixed caregiver with +Diplomat (Promoted Sisko) or +Betazoid (Bridge Officer Troi) it showed Caregiver + Starfleet for both
  • Options
    Denniss wrote: »
    in the combo chain menu if you click on one empty slot to show possibly matching characters it even shows character with traits already found and marked as done
    had one slot with fixed caregiver with +Diplomat (Promoted Sisko) or +Betazoid (Bridge Officer Troi) it showed Caregiver + Starfleet for both

That one is annoying. It might not even be a bug and just an intentional design to make things as difficult as possible, but it means that all the players who don't want or have the time to use external tools or search things manually with crew retrieval will probably make a lot of useless attempts with impossible crew recommended by the game, if they don't pay attention. So casual players that might unlock nodes for the fleet won't, because they'll assume that the crew recommended by the game are actual options and waste their valor trying them out.

• Options
    Ok this has to be a glitch right? This is for brutal. We can only use up to super rare crew, but literally the only crew that matches anything are 5 star crewzy6igt09rt81.jpg
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like Krell Mossett or Gladiator Spock. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Jhamel wrote: »
    Looks like Krell Mossett or Gladiator Spock. :)

Yes but they can't be used. This is for brutal. You can only use up to super rare crew.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Ok this has to be a glitch right? This is for brutal. We can only use up to super rare crew, but literally the only crew that matches anything are 5 star crewzy6igt09rt81.jpg

@Sisko's Self-Sealing Stembolaya [FF] It's the bug that I mentioned: it greyed out the Romantic trait because it was the known/fixed trait on a node you unlocked. You're looking for Exobiology+Romantic.

EDIT: the Romantic or Telepath trait, not sure which one was the known one on the first node.