Home The Bridge
Options

Fleet Boss Battles - Feedback thread

Comments

• Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shoot, I didn't check the treats. Yes, it's Romantic, because it was used as a main treat and then it got greyed out on the buttom when it didn't have to be greyed out. Empurror is correct. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    I believe the fixed trait is always shown on top, the random traits below
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    And even if you can kill Brutal, you will be stuck at Level 9 anyway as you will need Bilitrium II there. Nightmare - in my opinion - is easier (in relation) than Brutal, because you can use 5* ships and 5* crew on Nightmare which (over)compensates for the boss HP increase.

About locking battles, I think everything has been said and the support with "meowsomes" given also speaks a clear language. I hope the developurrs are going to act on the clear opinion of the seasoned part of the commewnity.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    Jhamel wrote: »
    And even if you can kill Brutal, you will be stuck at Level 9 anyway as you will need Bilitrium II there. Nightmare - in my opinion - is easier (in relation) than Brutal, because you can use 5* ships and 5* crew on Nightmare which (over)compensates for the boss HP increase.

About locking battles, I think everything has been said and the support with "meowsomes" given also speaks a clear language. I hope the developurrs are going to act on the clear opinion of the seasoned part of the commewnity.

Nightmare is definitely easier than brutal. It takes roughly 3.5x as much damage to kill nightmare, but you can easily do 3-4x as much damage with 5* ships so that pretty much events out. You can do considerably more than that if you have the right ships maxed out (I don't, yet).

But nightmare allows you to remove 50% of the total with combo chains, brutal is limited to 40%. So that's what makes the difference.

If you have ideal ships, you can do 3.5x as much damage. Most people don’t have 10/10 Artifacts. Or 10/10 Blimps. They do have 10/10 Kraytons. Maybe. And they’re going to be using some variation of Ardra/3xHammers. But that’s only going to be double a Brutal set up.

My fleet can pretty regularly clear Brutal but our one time in Nightmare land involved spending dilithium and some using the 10 free Valour. Nobody has a 10/10 artifact with an ideal repair build.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »

Nightmare is definitely easier than brutal. It takes roughly 3.5x as much damage to kill nightmare, but you can easily do 3-4x as much damage with 5* ships so that pretty much events out. You can do considerably more than that if you have the right ships maxed out (I don't, yet).

But nightmare allows you to remove 50% of the total with combo chains, brutal is limited to 40%. So that's what makes the difference.

If you have ideal ships, you can do 3.5x as much damage. Most people don’t have 10/10 Artifacts. Or 10/10 Blimps. They do have 10/10 Kraytons. Maybe. And they’re going to be using some variation of Ardra/3xHammers. But that’s only going to be double a Brutal set up.

My fleet can pretty regularly clear Brutal but our one time in Nightmare land involved spending dilithium and some using the 10 free Valour. Nobody has a 10/10 artifact with an ideal repair build.

What setup are you using for krayton? I've been trying to find a more achievable nightmare setup.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    AviTrek wrote: »

What setup are you using for krayton? I've been trying to find a more achievable nightmare setup.

I don’t do Nightmare. If I did and used a Krayton (or Tong) it would be Killy/UOB/Garth/TKK. I use UOB because I figure a <5% chance at causing the boss to miss is better than nothing.

I do have a 10/10 Blimp. A lot of fleet mates don’t. I can reliably hit 4-4.5M damage in Brutal. I’m not likely to do better than double that Nightmare.

It occurs to me that I’ve passed on irretrievable First Officer Chekhov numerous times in game. He might now be one of the best FBB crew available.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the appeal of checkov the +9 attack with a hull repair?
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    High attack and short cycle time. I have Determined Janeway and Little Riker (1/5) but I can’t spare any valour to play around.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once you reach Bridge Level 12, First Officer Checkoff won't be needed anymore and can be replaced with Demo Man Scotty on the last ENG seat (Artifact tank setup Nightmare) as the resistence will be so high that two 25% hull healers and the big ship heal (one-time use 75%) will carry the player through the entire battle time. That leaves the extra spot open to Scotty ... or of course - no tests possible yet - Vindy Mariner.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    High attack and short cycle time. I have Determined Janeway and Little Riker (1/5) but I can’t spare any valour to play around.

Wouldn't Kal'Hyah Bashir have a higher attack and even shorter cycle time?
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭

FWIW, I don't have the Artifact either. That would be one of the "right ships" that I mentioned not having yet (next month's arena should do it). My estimate of 3-4x the damage was based on using the T'Ong.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think its about time to hear from wrg about what they are going to priotitize from our feedback on this BETA TEST.

PERIOD.

6eyzab0eb0rs.jpg

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? :|
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

FWIW, I don't have the Artifact either. That would be one of the "right ships" that I mentioned not having yet (next month's arena should do it). My estimate of 3-4x the damage was based on using the T'Ong.

My estimate of double damage was based on using decent ships with relatively easy to obtain crew. Which includes the T'Ong. The average player isn't going to score 10-12 million damage with a T'Ong.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

My estimate of double damage was based on using decent ships with relatively easy to obtain crew. Which includes the T'Ong. The average player isn't going to score 10-12 million damage with a T'Ong.

I've been testing T'Ong with Maco at 1/5 and either 3 hull boost or 2 hull boost and an attack boost(either bashir for pure boost or EMA for boost with his own burst). They've all been around 5m in damage. FFing MACO would help a little but I have trouble seeing how that gets me to 10m.
  • Options
    EdwynEdwyn ✭✭✭
    My last two runs with tong were 9.8 and 10.3, using maco 5/5, dereth (1/5 on first run and 5/5 on second), laborer kirk 1/5, and karate crusher 1/5. It's a far cry from the 20+ I'm seeing here with artifact but seems like good results to me.
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is one that I haven't seen mentioned a lot yet, similar to the one that leaves both copies of the same trait greyed out, after it's been used only once.

If a trait (say Crafty) is the known trait for a node and the hidden trait for another, then it will obviously appear only once in the trait list. If the node where Crafty is the known trait gets unlocked first, for some reason that trait will be greyed out in the list, as if it had been already used, but it hasn't, because known traits aren't in the list.

That happened to my fleet yesterday and it was confusing, because we were left with an impossible node, until we figured out that the trait that we needed had been greyed out by this bug even if it had not been used yet.

Sorry in the lateness in replying to this:

I have been including greyed out traits all through, so the node I came across which was seemingly impossible was accounting for greyed out nodes already.

However, it was very much an isolated incident and hasn't happened again so it may well be that I missed a combination.
    I'm almost certain I didn't, but I can also be wrong!
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a little shocked to see Bridge Level 13 already requires 20 Bilitrium III (even though neither I nor II). It would be - and that's the main point of the issue - much more doable if Ultra-Nightmare offered Bilitrium I on top of II and III, so you wouldn't have to fight Nightmare and Ultra-Nightmare at the same time. Ultra alone is hard enough to kill on a daily basis, even for the most advanced fleets, trust me.