Fleet Boss Battles - Feedback thread

Comments

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »
    @Shan Are we reading the server release correctly, that you just made it 20% harder to get the same magnesite on UNM? I like adding extra tiers, but now we need an additional run just to get the same reward?

I think this has to do with the buff that will be added but I will ask confirmation.

Cool, without having tried them, if buffs are increasing damage output 20-30% this seems reasonable. Are you guys finally addressing the node clearing penalty though? Because otherwise this just got way worse for the people actually clearing the node.

I can confirm that we did a balance pass taking into account what our current damage data is showing and taking into account the upcoming buff.

As for the node clearing penalty it's something we are continuing to assess once the buff system is in place. That will allow us to see what should be tackled with 9.2.0.

Just give people a free Valour for clearing a node. I can do 20M with a Keldon. Or I can do the Trait Clown Car and score 1M. And then maybe get nothing. Bonus Valour is a reasonable compromise for gambling.

While it is nice to reward those that clear a node, what about everybody who burns tickets in an attempt to clear a node and provide data to their fleet about what trait(s) don't work? They don't get credit for clearing a node AND they effectively waste tickets with minimal damage.

The easiest thing would be to do away with reward qualification requirements and tiers altogether, since this is meant to be a collaborative fleet event. Just simplify the rewards so that any fleet member that plays a ticket gets all the rewards.

This could be a sore point if some people only play a single ticket to take advantage of the hard work done by others, but leave that to the fleet to iron out themselves.

1 valor is probably worth more than clearing a node. So you wouldn't earn the reward every time when you miss, but when you succeed you'd get that valor to make up for the earlier misses. Over the long term it roughly evens out.

Anything that is done will need to be a case of ignore the misses and reward the trait hits. Otherwise there is no way to tell when someone misses while trying for a trait and when someone misses because they were going for max damage.

Personally I still like my idea of a random drop on a trait hit of merits, valor, and bilitrium. That way in addition to rewarding players who try for traits, it gives a slow path for small fleets to grow their bridge without needing to beat the higher level bosses.
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starting now: https://youtu.be/rSFWPiP0Xw

Going to be the announcement that Bilitrium 1 is being added to Ultra, I can feel it
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starting now: https://youtu.be/rSFWPiP0Xw

Going to be the announcement that Bilitrium 1 is being added to Ultra, I can feel it

wamp wawwwwww
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Well, objective events centered around fleet boss battles ... who knows if Bilitrium I will be a reward there, Sisko. :) Would be meowsome!
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate fully extending the damage thresholds. Thank you for acting on player feedback with that.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's kind of nice we can go straight to the Bridge from the main screen now. Little button above Fleet button.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    Bound2Fate wrote: »
    Feedback from a one person fleet - apologies if this has already been raised by others.

Firstly, really enjoying the new feature. I have been playing the game for over 2 years now and hope to do so for the foreseeable future, so keep up the good work.

I was really hoping that the FBB wasn't going to force one person or small fleets to join larger fleets. I am sure that there are many like me who want to do things at their own pace and don't join larger fleets only because they don't have the time to devote to them etc. I am quite prepared to to "grind" and wait to get to the next stage etc (as long as the goal is achievable).

Having got to Captain's Bridge Level 3, I now realise that I won't be able to go any further as I will need to beat the easy boss in order to get Kemocite on the Normal Boss etc. The only way to beat the easy boss would be to spend thousands of dilithium (but as the boss hull strength noticeably increases with each difficulty then this option would unlikely be feasible).

I was initially hoping (wishful thinking) that the bridge bonuses would keep increasing with each bridge level until I could defeat the easy boss eventually and progress to the next level.

Can there be some other way to get Kemocite and other required elements etc i.e. via Campaign Tiers, voyages or even make them available to buy. I am sure there are other ways they could be made available for one person/tiny fleets that would enable them to compete (otherwise the feature will just become a white elephant very quickly).

Maybe I have missed something, so if any player has a suggestion how to get around this issue (short of joining a larger fleet, which I am not interested in at present) then as Spock would say "I am all ears" .
    Many Thanks

Supra

Exactly the same situation for me too--just hit level 3.

Unfortunately I think the only option is to join a fleet. Maybe may rename one of yours to the "singles" fleet. I know its not ideal, but it sure seems to be the direction. My fleet isn't much better off. we can't beat normal without spending so we'll be stuck just a little way past you.

We have spare room in Argentina Unida and we Speak English there too!
  • Options
    As a one-man fleet, here's my feedback: WRG does not care about me. That was obvious when my bridge got to level 3 and I found there was no possible way for me to upgrade it any further. With no way to get kemocite or whatever the other item is, there's literally no point in clicking the boss battle button.

Not everyone wants to be in a giant fleet. I tried doing the big social game experience before, it just gave me more anxiety than anything else. I just want to be able to play the same game available to everyone else by myself.

I'm not asking to be put at the same reward level as the big fleets, I understand they deserve more and that's fine. But look at the way starbases are run. The big fleets are at a significantly higher level than me, but I can still participate just the same, and slowly build up by rooms and make some gains. I run at a disadvantage in the gauntlet as a result, but I can still participate. I don't have to be at the top level, I just need to be able to make progress. With no way to gain kemocite and the other, I'm blocked on the bridge. I'm essentially being told I'm not wanted, and can't participate in the game the same way as others. Just make some way for me to acquire that, not at the same rate as the big boys but at least give me a path, and I'd be happy.

I'm not a whale by any means. But I have played since nearly day 1, and I have spent real money on this game. To introduce a new game mode and essentially be told don't play, your type of player isn't wanted is a bit of a kick in the teeth.

Argentina Unida won't make you take a decision as chat or leave, you simply play and chat if you feel you need advise, we have around 12 player in Bridge Level 8
  • Options
    Peets wrote: »
    We can finish Hard mode with only 20 people and without doing the nodes.
    Brutal is a different story but most of us are still around lvl 5. So we'll see when we are lvl 7 and what the upgrades will do on our damage output.

Hard mode should achievable with about 12 players, if they are sufficiently coordinated and organised.

Wait 12 hours before starting the battle for 4 valour to build up, and hit the nodes, you could probably manage it with 8 players.

Brutal should be achievable with an organised size 50 fleet, unfortunately mine is not organised.

We take down hard mode in less than 6 hours without Dilithium, most time we used to put a break in order to let other players participate and earn rewards
  • Options
    I'm curious - I saw that nodes with more than one "Known" trait have been added. Is 2 now the maximum number of known traits?

Is 2 also the max number of hidden traits still?
    CABTools.app
    Ov (Overall) | Vo (Voyage) | Fa (Faction) | Ga (Gauntlet)
    Sb (Ship Battle) | Bt (Boss Battle Traits) | Co (Collection) | (Cd (Cadet)
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Here is how to make 5M+, 7.7M max and average of 6.9M in my case to Brutal Boss:

https://youtu.be/xo5yVBLEu1o

Play it manual and pay attention to this few rules:
    1) On the earlier stages of the fight, when you have every crewmen ready to be activated, just use 1 of the 2* crew when you have enough damage for it to repair and leave the rest for later use
    2) Use the Ship's Shield skill just after the boss shoots, because the shield grows when there is some of it available but does not grow whenre there is no shield at all
    3) After you pass the second 142 of the fight, every time a Hull Repair crew is ready use it, there will be enough to repair.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is how to make 5M+, 7.7M max and average of 6.9M in my case to Brutal Boss:

1) On the earlier stages of the fight, when you have every crewmen ready to be activated, just use 1 of the 2* crew when you have enough damage for it to repair and leave the rest for later use
    2) Use the Ship's Shield skill just after the boss shoots, because the shield grows when there is some of it available but does not grow whenre there is no shield at all
    3) After you pass the second 142 of the fight, every time a Hull Repair crew is ready use it, there will be enough to repair.

This would be a great addition to the following discussion in Ready Room! :)
    https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/19487/fleet-boss-battles-strategies-and-advices-thread
  • Options

This would be a great addition to the following discussion in Ready Room! :)
    https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/19487/fleet-boss-battles-strategies-and-advices-thread

Done! Sorry, I didn't realize it would be better off there.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a specific time today that the FBBs start back up? I just checked the Coms threads and didn't see anything more than "Sept 6th."
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »
    Is there a specific time today that the FBBs start back up? I just checked the Coms threads and didn't see anything more than "Sept 6th."

Ditto. I was just going to ask this myself. We have had a long absent fleet mate return (family issues and moving a dairy across three timezones) and I'm trying to catch him up. I'd like to have a better timeline to work with.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    EnderW wrote: »

Whenever the Update is done. Usually around 1200 Eastern, IIRC. If all goes well.

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Honour beGolds are in the Portal, but FBB is still not active. And No Uhura yet.
  • Options
    Honour beGolds are in the Portal, but FBB is still not active. And No Uhura yet.

I think the Uhura card is available tomorrow?
  • Options

Wednesday, 2022-09-07 - 5:00 UTC

We’re honoring Nichelle Nichols and the upcoming Star Trek Day with:

- A crew giveaway: the brand new ‘Pathfinder Uhura’ will be available as a special free pack in the Time Portal.

- The ‘Star Trek Legacy’ Objective event will allow you to gain 3 additional copies of ‘Pathfinder Uhura’! It will run until Wednesday, 2022-10-05 at 5:00 UTC.
  • Options

I think the Uhura card is available tomorrow?

Wednesday, 2022-09-07 - 5:00 UTC

We’re honoring Nichelle Nichols and the upcoming Star Trek Day with:

- A crew giveaway: the brand new ‘Pathfinder Uhura’ will be available as a special free pack in the Time Portal.

- The ‘Star Trek Legacy’ Objective event will allow you to gain 3 additional copies of ‘Pathfinder Uhura’! It will run until Wednesday, 2022-10-05 at 5:00 UTC.

That explains that, then.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can run my battles but it won’t let me use crew that are on shuttles which doesn’t make sense.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    POST-FBB RESTART.

Members of my fleet are reporting to me that they are tapping the button to begin the fight, the game is freezing up (requires restarting the app), and that when they log back in their Valor has been consumed despite not having run the battle.

Just had one work okay. And Bewbie Hunter Mudd unlocked a Node.

Might be a hit or miss problem.
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I've lost 2 valor. First time I tried, it hung up and froze. I restarted and lost nothing. Then I got to play one. Then the next 2, it hung up and I had to restart both but in those instances, I lost my 2 valor.
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently we are back to not being able to see all the hidden traits. Honestly, having this bug in the first place was embarrassing enough, reintroducing it as part of an "upgrade" is just inexcusable.
    g5ssa123m7g9.jpg
    The Saboteur and Human traits are apparently on the row that I can't see.

Also, blocking us from using crew that are on voyages or shuttles has just made things worse. Please change this back ASAP.
  • Options
    So I've lost 2 valor. First time I tried, it hung up and froze. I restarted and lost nothing. Then I got to play one. Then the next 2, it hung up and I had to restart both but in those instances, I lost my 2 valor.

I can run my battles but it won’t let me use crew that are on shuttles which doesn’t make sense.

Kind of sad that there are yet more issues, after the Update was delayed to get things in place right.
  • Options
    Wasnt it supposeddkksl66xnhn5.png
    to be one time use when greyed out meaaning having been used elsewwhere?