Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    SNW season finale spoilers!!!!!

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS!!!!!
    Med Clinic Chapel
    EV Suit Chapel
    EV Suit "Jury Rigger" Spock
    EV Suit Gorn
    God-Awful "Scottish" Accent Lieutenant Montgomery Scott

Umm, he's the first actor (Martin Quinn) to portray Scotty who actually is Scottish
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    SNW season finale spoilers!!!!!

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS!!!!!
    Med Clinic Chapel
    EV Suit Chapel
    EV Suit "Jury Rigger" Spock
    EV Suit Gorn
    God-Awful "Scottish" Accent Lieutenant Montgomery Scott

Umm, he's the first actor (Martin Quinn) to portray Scotty who actually is Scottish

But, that is kinda the point. Scottie never had THAT deep of an accent. He might sound more Scottie if he turns the dial from 11 to aboot 5.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Because Doohan was Canadian.

Care to chime in here @W.W. Carlisle ?

This calls for an epic

fm6ao7al9b05.jpeg

• Options
    @DScottHewitt if you thought Quinn needed to dial it down, then you should watch this video 🤣

https://www.ayecan.com/

@W.W. Carlisle my dad was born in the Outer Hebrides & Gaelic was his first language. It's such a shame it's not embraced in the way Welsh is
  • Options
    @DScottHewitt if you thought Quinn needed to dial it down, then you should watch this video 🤣

@W.W. Carlisle my dad was born in the Outer Hebrides & Gaelic was his first language. It's such a shame it's not embraced in the way Welsh is

It's just something I need to adjust to, I guess. Took me out of the moment, kinda.

Doohan was a great linguist. Kinda like a real-life Hoshi or Uhura. He not only was good at accents, he actually did the early groundwork building the Vulcan and Klingon languages! Did not know until a few seconds ago he is of Irish ancestry. So, the new Scottie using the Western accent does kind of compliment that!
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, that's why I found Quinn's accent being called an eleven funny. It's more a five or six, with Doohan's a two.

My ancestors are mostly Lowland and Ulster Scots, so Scots would be their language. The farthest back I've traced on any branch is a John Nickell, born in 1599 in Edinburgh. I have a lot of more recent ancestors, early 1700's, that are Ulster Scots that came to the colonies in the mid-1700s and settled in the Appalachian region within a generation or two. All my decent lines have either been here since before the Revolution or, the sole exception, Mom's mom's mom's parents and oldest brother came over from Germany on the SS Oder in 1878. Most surnames in my direct line are either Scottish or German. I've learned some German and have been learning some Scots here and there. I'm fairly functional in German. The Scots is a few scattered phrases, a few numbers, and sheep dog commands.😂 I picked up a few words in the Gaelic, but, honestly, I know more Czech or Polish from dealing with scale model instructions. I love languages and pick up words and phrases whenever I can.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options

Yep, that's why I found Quinn's accent being called an eleven funny. It's more a five or six, with Doohan's a two.

My ancestors are mostly Lowland and Ulster Scots, so Scots would be their language. The farthest back I've traced on any branch is a John Nickell, born in 1599 in Edinburgh. I have a lot of more recent ancestors, early 1700's, that are Ulster Scots that came to the colonies in the mid-1700s and settled in the Appalachian region within a generation or two. All my decent lines have either been here since before the Revolution or, the sole exception, Mom's mom's mom's parents and oldest brother came over from Germany on the SS Oder in 1878. Most surnames in my direct line are either Scottish or German. I've learned some German and have been learning some Scots here and there. I'm fairly functional in German. The Scots is a few scattered phrases, a few numbers, and sheep dog commands.😂 I picked up a few words in the Gaelic, but, honestly, I know more Czech or Polish from dealing with scale model instructions. I love languages and pick up words and phrases whenever I can.

You are literally my favorite Renaissance Person!

Just in case I never said.

🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Am I the only one bothered by the missing milestone on the Casual collection? Also, why does Tourist Reed not have Casual? Because he's surrendering?

You are literally my favorite Renaissance Person!

Just in case I never said.

🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠

Such a great euphemism for ADHD. I'll remember that.
    I really do love language though. I took two in high school and five in college- Spanish, German, Classical Latin, Ancient Attic Greek, and French.
    It's great. Telemarketers? "Hola!" *Whispers to colleague- "They speak Spanish" Call transferred. "Guten tag." *Whispering to original guy* "That's not Spanish, you idiot. I think it's German." Transfers call back. "Hola!" Gets hung up on.
    Nothing gets rid of Jehovah's Witnesses or other religious recruiters like working around to the New Testament and when the issue of translation comes up, brushing it off by saying "Ah, I don't worry about it. I read it in the original Greek anyway. English can't match it exactly anyway. It only has active and passive verbs. Greek has middle and they can have an entirely different meaning when in middle versus active or passive. I was a Classics major. We read it for class." Never had a conversation continue more than five minutes after that.😈
    If you want an idea of what the rest of my "Renaissance Person" day looks like after finishing here-
    *Check FBB on my fleet.
    *Bring up the trash can
    *Find out if my other two truck tires came in. They back ordered two on me two weeks ago and sent two the wrong size. I got those exchanged, but still need two.
    *Buy animal feed.
    *Unload feed.
    *Feed the gang.
    *Fix wonky door on cat shed.
    *Fix toilet. Sometimes it runs. Sometimes the tank doesn't fill. I need to take some vinegar and clear the lime scale off the spindle for the float so it can move like it needs to.
    *Figure out what is wrong with this Caudron C714 kit. It's an absolute pig. I'm seriously double checking that these are even the right wings. The fit is so bad, I'm hoping they got put in the wrong bag, when this lot of bagged kits was sorted and they are in a different bag.
    *Finish the inventory card for a set of cloth British parachute wings. Think they are RAF post 1972 based on backing color, but I'm double checking. British navy blue and black are really similar.
    *Oversee the FBB for the fleet and prep for the Midweek mini.
    *Make up to do list for tomorrow.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Lower Decks Season Four.

Episode One:
    T'Illups
    Whatever they called Carol and the green bird doctor

Episode Two:
    Menage Mariner
    Narj
    Moopy
    Livik
    Berengaria VII Dragon
  • Options
    Lower Decks Season Four.

Episode One:
    T'Illups

Episode Two:
    Menage Mariner
    Narj
    Moopy
    Livik
    Berengaria VII Dragon

The first two would literally be the perfect additions to the fusion crew and there is precedent. You can't say ST doesn't do homage well. They still need to add Billups and Migleemo anyway. Billup's mother is a hoot!
  • Options
    Lower Decks Season Four.

Episode One:
    T'Illups

Episode Two:
    Menage Mariner
    Narj
    Moopy
    Livik
    Berengaria VII Dragon

The first two would literally be the perfect additions to the fusion crew and there is precedent. You can't say ST doesn't do homage well. They still need to add Billups and Migleemo anyway. Billup's mother is a hoot!

Can't believe I forgot.....
    Leotard Ransom
    Leotard Shaxs
    Fused into Stretching Exercise Ransom & Shaxs

And

"Lower Decks" Klingons
    "Lower Decks" Romulans
  • Options
    Found my "Worlds of the Federation" book.

Now, I'm not sure if the big flying critter in the glass cylinder was a Berengaria Dragon or an Eel-Bird. I'll have to watch the episode again, and see if it looks like one or the other more......

Still want, though.
  • Options
    I would like to see the u.s.s. centaur from DS9 or the u.s.s. archer OR any of the single nacele ships or any of the federation ships from the battle of the binary stars. Or the new stargazer from Picard or the u s.s. titan either version rikers or shaws
  • Options
    I think that we should get non-animated Boimler, non-animated Mariner, and animated versions of the SNW characters.
  • Options
    I would think that they'd need special permission from the non animated boimler and mariner. There could be contractual issues. For instance the voices are part of their contracts but not necessarily their real likenesses if that makes sense
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would think that they'd need special permission from the non animated boimler and mariner. There could be contractual issues. For instance the voices are part of their contracts but not necessarily their real likenesses if that makes sense

The actors appeared in a live action Strange New Worlds episode. They should be able to get approval for them the same as any guest star on Strange New Worlds.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »

The actors appeared in a live action Strange New Worlds episode. They should be able to get approval for them the same as any guest star on Strange New Worlds.

This. They played them live-action in a "very special episode", as the kids used to say.....

k3rcj2w0bs20.png
  • Options
    A great canon ship I would like to see is the ambassador class Enterprise -C and I'd like to see the clipper ship Enterprise from generations so my age of sail crew has somewhere appropriate to hang out I mean we have captain origins rocket ship which is also a hologram
  • Options
    I think that we should get non-animated Boimler, non-animated Mariner, and animated versions of the SNW characters.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get a mega around the episode

I think the next mega might be SNW. but I'm hoping it will be Picard. If it won't be, then will there ever be one? 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Mark Twain Boimler, Rutherford, Captain Freeman, and Coqqor.
  • Options
    Mark Twain Boimler, Rutherford, Captain Freeman, and Coqqor.

And:

"Orion Casual" Tendi
    "Orion Casual" Mariner
    "Orion Casual" New Vulcan
    Prime D'Eryka
  • Options
    Bursa & LutorBursa & Lutor ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    u9j0fg88s9f4.gif

Dog

Edit: I just saw that there is a Tendi and The Dog lol I don't know how I didn't know that.
  • Options
    u9j0fg88s9f4.gif

Dog

I'm surprised they did not do Tendi & Dog as a Fusion, instead of being together.

Solo Dog 🐕 would be cool!
  • Options
    "Human females are so repulsive" Lursa & B'Etor- Star Trek VII Generations

there is a 76% chance I'd sell my soul to see the masterpiece that the amazing artist that you guys have do the crew illustrations comes up with... The face she makes in that scene is one of the funniest things ever and I cant help but laugh every time I see it... I also believe that Lursa and B'Etor are akin to cowbell... and I have a fever.
  • Options
    u9j0fg88s9f4.gif

Dog

I'm surprised they did not do Tendi & Dog as a Fusion, instead of being together.

Solo Dog 🐕 would be cool!

Hmm here's an interesting idea: something that 'defuses' crew... it would be an interesting way to introduce a few new crew such as the dog. It could also be used to revert crew that have been fused (why would they want to? It's not about the why. It's about having the option, LOL!) I need to go to bed, I'm up way too late and I'm spouting nonsense, lol!
  • Options
    AvatruneiAvatrunei ✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    We have 3(!) Crossfield class vessels, which all are 5*, in the game, but only two Galaxy class vessels, which are 3* and 5*. Maybe this iconic class gets, like the Constellation class, a 5* variant? Like the 'All Good Things...' Enterprise-D variant with the three nacelles?
  • Options
    Avatrunei wrote: »
    We have 3(!) Crossfield class vessels, which all are 5*, in the game, but only two Galaxy class vessels, which are 3* and 5*. Maybe this iconic class gets, like the Constellation class, a 5* variant? Like the 'All Good Things...' Enterprise-D variant with the three nacelles?

We sent word to the team Captain! Thank you for reporting. LLAP
  • Options
    Avatrunei wrote: »
    5*

We sent word to the team Captain! Thank you for reporting. LLAP

I have been saying for ages that we need an Enterprise D Hull Ship - 5* & possibly a 4* saucer section

Ben said that there was a new Enterprise coming which I imaging will be from Picard, either refurbished D or more likely the renamed Titan

But PLEASE give some love to the Ent D. Just 1 at 4*(actually named)

Voyager: 3 - 2 of the 5*
    Enterprise NX 01: 3 - 4 if you includethe ISS - 3 of them 5*
  • Options
    I think Picard S3 was Frakes' best performance of Riker, with some of the best writing for him. I want an awesome Captain Riker crew. I also want Make It So Picard sitting in the chair doing the Picard Maneuver shirt tug.

Also there should absolutely be one low star plus one 5* variant of all the major ships from all the series - I want a Restored Enterprise-D.