Home The Bridge

What Is Your Personal Best Voyage Without a Refresh?

Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2019 in The Bridge
I know I don’t but she was a beaut!k8u8vhonljfs.png

Comments

• [10F] NewtonianQBalls[10F] NewtonianQBalls ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    This is my current voyage. My best was 8h 50m.

I let it run out and extended it to benefit from being able to avoid more hazards with the 11k in security.

7g811ykt85hn.png
  • Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only 8:34 :,( :'(:'(:'(
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    My best was pre nerf, cannot come close to it now.
    But now for a little voyage humor
    07fs6ks5h5ha.png

Hmmm I am glad Mobile Doc’s injuries were minor 😊
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    My best was pre nerf, cannot come close to it now.
    But now for a little voyage humor
    07fs6ks5h5ha.png

Hmmm I am glad Mobile Doc’s injuries were minor 😊

This voyage required a refresh. Oh never mind. Sorry. It was posted for the humor. I love it when my android Data gets the stomach flu

• WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    @Banjo1012
    I was going to say you will never see ones best having Med as one of the favored skills. Then I looked at OP

Which was you 😉🙂

I was going to start a new discussion with that voyage humor. Just did not think it warranted its own post.

For me my best will come with DIP and CMD or possibly SEC. Not sure if that holds for you or not. So you might still be able to top that, but still need RNG luck.
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    @Banjo1012
    I was going to say you will never see ones best having Med as one of the favored skills. Then I looked at OP

Which was you 😉🙂

I was going to start a new discussion with that voyage humor. Just did not think it warranted its own post.

For me my best will come with DIP and CMD or possibly SEC. Not sure if that holds for you or not. So you might still be able to top that, but still need RNG luck.

I have a TON of MED/DIP. Cornwell, Two Mirror Trois, Guinan, Crell Moset, Dark Ages McCoy, Drunk Troi. All of them are over 1000 each

• <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is indeed possible to get more than 10 hours without a refill, but only just barely. Saw a fleetmate do it recently... another fleetmate has shown several of his that made it to 9 hours and 58 minutes or so. (:
    It is indeed possible to get more than 10 hours without a refill, but only just barely. Saw a fleetmate do it recently... another fleetmate has shown several of his that made it to 9 hours and 58 minutes or so. (:

Wow!! Most impressive! I just got the fifth star for Moset yesterday, then landed DIP/MED again. Also a fifth star for Captain LaForge so I have better stats this time around. Perhaps I can crack 9 hours this time. I’ll have 2 tries.ebefik009hs0.png
    yjw5tnz967s8.png

• Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    10hrs 15mins, recalled with 13AM left.
    Recently, this week in fact, made it to 10hrs, recalled right after the dilemma with like 43AM left.

I think we crunched the numbers some time ago (featuring the forums FAVORITE number cruncher, Peachtree Rex!) and figured that with the absolute best available crew and best available trait bonuses, you can't hit 11hrs without a refresh.

That's bound to change as Starbase levels increase.

The caveat to that is:
    If you stack CMD and load up with the best CMD crew and get CMD hazards for EVERY SINGLE HAZARD, you can last just shy of 20 hours.

Gooooood luck.
    edited March 2018
    Double double post post
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    I had one get to 10:43 on January 10th
    q1qxg7nu1bne.png
    l2un2q8l9v7n.png

Wow!!! That’s awesome!!

• sorinevsorinev ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    My crew s*cks I guess. I've only been to 8h14m. And I've only been to 8h or more 3 or 4 times. I'm usually around 7h to 7h30m.
    [SSR] Sorin08
    I feel like it took me quite a while to find the right balance. I was struggling with do you totally stack up the gold and silver and let the other numbers be where they may or do you beef up the non-gold and silver some at the expense of a thousand or so more on the gold and silver? I’m still not quite sure.
    edited March 2018
    I developed this spreadsheet to help my estimation:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bm0emOz-eNHU-_YCH741vG4DxRltoyS4tWvA6cee3V8/edit#gid=0

I used to use this to gauge how well I expected to do. I use a slightly more personalized version of it that lets me type in my crew, which it'll pull over. It lets me update the calculations significantly faster than just retyping the totals every single time.

My general strategy for hitting 8 hrs is to stack primary/secondary skills to 10k and then get everything else as high as possible.

Similar strat for 6 hrs would be to stack primary/secondary to 7.5k and then everything else as high as possible.

EDIT: And hitting 8 hours is extremely good. Don't be down on your crew. It takes a combination of very strong crew and fair to good luck to break 10 hours.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorinev wrote: »
    My crew s*cks I guess. I've only been to 8h14m. And I've only been to 8h or more 3 or 4 times. I'm usually around 7h to 7h30m.

How many immortal 5*'s do you have? I only have two. Around when Voyages started I could probably get 8 hours if its SEC/CMD with a bit of luck.

Since then I've gotten a few 4/5's, some more efficient 4*'s and proficiency bonuses. If I can get 2800-2850 AM I have a fair chance at 8 hours for most skill sets. I hit 8h40m last week for my longest Voyage.
    VIP 13 - 305 Crew Slots - 915 Immortals
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bm0emOz-eNHU-_YCH741vG4DxRltoyS4tWvA6cee3V8/edit#gid=0

I used to use this to gauge how well I expected to do. I use a slightly more personalized version of it that lets me type in my crew, which it'll pull over. It lets me update the calculations significantly faster than just retyping the totals every single time.

My general strategy for hitting 8 hrs is to stack primary/secondary skills to 10k and then get everything else as high as possible.

Similar strat for 6 hrs would be to stack primary/secondary to 7.5k and then everything else as high as possible.

EDIT: And hitting 8 hours is extremely good. Don't be down on your crew. It takes a combination of very strong crew and fair to good luck to break 10 hours.

Thanks for the advice! My goal is always to keep them out there as long as possible. My current voyage has a good shot at 9 hours. Fingers crossed as this is my current game goal.en2rlo0kewg8.png

Banjo1012 wrote: »

Thanks for the advice! My goal is always to keep them out there as long as possible. My current voyage has a good shot at 9 hours. Fingers crossed as this is my current game goal.en2rlo0kewg8.png

You're a bit heavy on the DIP. With a starting AM value of 2750, my spreadsheet estimates you'll last 8:40. Based on your actual hazards, this probably has an accuracy of +/- 30 to 60 minutes. Since it's random, there's really no way to quantify it when all you get on an output is an average.

At 8:40, the current "difficulty" is around 10850, so all of the DIP you have higher than that point is basically just being wasted.
  • sorinevsorinev ✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    How many immortal 5*'s do you have? I only have two. Around when Voyages started I could probably get 8 hours if its SEC/CMD with a bit of luck.

Since then I've gotten a few 4/5's, some more efficient 4*'s and proficiency bonuses. If I can get 2800-2850 AM I have a fair chance at 8 hours for most skill sets. I hit 8h40m last week for my longest Voyage.

There's a link in my sig to a spreadsheet of my crew. I have 8 immortal 5*, 38 more 5* who are not immortal, and 98 immortal purples. I can get 9k on some combos (not CMD DIP oddly, it was with ENG SEC, which is where my 8h14m happened), with the res being about 2500 - 4k.
    [SSR] Sorin08

You're a bit heavy on the DIP. With a starting AM value of 2750, my spreadsheet estimates you'll last 8:40. Based on your actual hazards, this probably has an accuracy of +/- 30 to 60 minutes. Since it's random, there's really no way to quantify it when all you get on an output is an average.

At 8:40, the current "difficulty" is around 10850, so all of the DIP you have higher than that point is basically just being wasted.

Ah! So if I could have I should’ve took about 1400 off of the diplomacy and added it to science? Assuming it would be an easy swap of course?

Ah! So if I could have I should’ve took about 1400 off of the diplomacy and added it to science? Assuming it would be an easy swap of course?

Well, you'd get the most mileage out of investing it into your secondary stat (MED in this case). At least until the point where your secondary exceeds your primary.

But the next priority is really just "as many points as possible". Specific stat allocation doesn't matter a whole lot beyond the Primary/Secondary. The only real advantage keeping them "even" has is that it will somewhat reduce the variance you will see from getting different hazards. Reducing variance is a double-edged sword, though, as it has the ability to make your voyage go shorter or longer.
    edited March 2018

Well, you'd get the most mileage out of investing it into your secondary stat (MED in this case). At least until the point where your secondary exceeds your primary.

But the next priority is really just "as many points as possible". Specific stat allocation doesn't matter a whole lot beyond the Primary/Secondary. The only real advantage keeping them "even" has is that it will somewhat reduce the variance you will see from getting different hazards. Reducing variance is a double-edged sword, though, as it has the ability to make your voyage go shorter or longer.

All that is a lot to consider. Voyages are definitely a great addition to the game for the very reason you’re taking about, all the factors that go into the thinking behind setting up your crew. I totally dig all the trial and error. I will post my ending time so we can see how close to the actual time your estimator is. I will give you a chance to tweak it though as I started with 2600 AM versus 2750.

fr1ggz7znvj3.png
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    10:43 hours is impressive ... got lucky on the tertiary 9k skill for sure, but who cares ... it's a record for the historyboox! :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • [DC] Principia[DC] Principia ✭✭✭✭
    The best I've squeezed out without a refresh is just over 10 hours, but those are pretty few and far between. Much more common to hit 8 hours without a refresh.
    fr1ggz7znvj3.png

pd8p8m3967xh.png

@Peachtree Rex that is totally amazing!!! I bow to your statistical abilities!!!

fr1ggz7znvj3.png

pd8p8m3967xh.png

@Peachtree Rex that is totally amazing!!! I bow to your statistical abilities!!!

They don't all end up that way (mine just finished was forecasted to 8:40 but died at 8:10) but it's always nice to nose it.