Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: The Prime Directive (re-run) - 03/29 - Edited 1:44 PM

Comments

• Options
    Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    Ahhhhhh yes.. I’d forgotten the sorry reward
    Chrons only. At least the apologies have gotten better with game development
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Edited the OP with the following:

Factions: Section 31, Terran Empire, Ferengi Alliance

Bonus crew:
    • high bonus: event crew
    • small bonus: variants of Tucker, and Section 31 crew.

Please note that while we have been able to provide the bonus information early recently, it will not always be the case. The announced schedule of key info on Friday and bonus crew on Tuesday remains.

Other Section 31 Crew:
    Luther Sloan
    Agent Janeway
    Section 31 Reed
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind getting another star on Zek. I'll just try for him in a pack since I know I won't want to finish top 1k.

Also, Bravo DB on another rerun. I think the majority of us want to see reruns more often.
  • Options
    @Travis S McClain thanks for the story!
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a galaxy event, they don't really need a larger pool of bonus crew.
  • Options
    Wait a second.. actually?!!?!?
    dhz6wa7tbf13.jpeg
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    dhz6wa7tbf13.jpeg

My understanding is that was a thing in previous events, but hasn't happened in a while.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    dhz6wa7tbf13.jpeg

That was a voting option we experimented with, and it is no longer being done.
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't Kes win one of those? Am I wrong? Expected a new copy for a while.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    dhz6wa7tbf13.jpeg

That was a voting option we experimented with, and it is no longer being done.

Any there are still a pool of us who wish it would come back :(
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    cool. do i finally go for the 2 stars? eh probably just 1 but will be happy to get it.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extra stars on Zek would be nice... We shall see
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am looking forward to adding another star to Zek. Also getting this Anje person.

Weirdly I've never seen Insurrection. Its the only Trek thing I haven't seen.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anij will be DIP/SCI I'm assuming?
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    I am looking forward to adding another star to Zek. Also getting this Anje person.

Save your time, it's putrid... Riker also pilots the Enterprise with a Logitech joystick... need I say more?
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wasn’t around when the event first played sooo.. why does everyone call this the cursed event?

Gather 'round, young'uns, I'mma tell y'all a story. It began on the twenty fifth day in the month of August in the Year of Our Lord two thousand and sixteen, when "The Prime Directive" went live at noon Eastern Standard Time, the same as every event before and since. Except this time, there was a flaw in the slaw. Every time any of us crafted an item, the game crashed and had to restart. Didn't make no difference whether 'twas one item or another, or who was doin' the craftin'. Nope, it just set that game into a tizzy. Within the hour, the event was "paused". All our progress was preserved (what little there was, anyway).

The team scrambled throughout that evening to write an entirely new Faction Event on the fly, which they dubbed "Unlikely Heroes"--surely a nod to their own valiant work to rescue the weekend. The Faction Event format in those days only featured one 4* crew; three copies in the Thresholds and up to four in the Rank Rewards. It was decided to make Agent Harris the event's 4*, though Tucker variants qualified for the event bonus.

For our troubles, we were all sent an in-game message with an unprecedented 1000 "we're sorry" chronitons, thereafter referred to as "sorrytons". "Unlikely Heroes" unfolded as intended, and we were assured that "The Prime Directive" would be "unpaused" as soon as the bug that interrupted it had been squashed. Sounded find to all of us, except it kept not happening.

See, it needed to be fixed with the 1.4 build.

Then it needed to be fixed with the 1.5.1 build. By now, we're into the month of October. It was decided by now to give us all a break--DB staff included--and run no event the weekend of 20 October 2016. We got a free weekend...and 1000 "sorrytons".

The new build would be approved by Apple and "The Prime Directive" would "unpause" the following weekend (27 October). Except that didn't happen, either.

Nope, instead, there were still problems, which is how we got "Ghost in the Machine" and another 1000 "sorrytons". "The Prime Directive" was pushed back to 4 November, except it didn't happen then, either. We got "Dictators, Unite!"...and another 1000 "sorrytons".

It wasn't until 17 November 2016 that "The Prime Directive" finally "unpaused", with any and all progress made in that scant hour it was originally live preserved as promised. By then, we'd gone through at least three delays, two server builds, one eventless weekend, and 3000 "sorrytons".

And that's the legend of the Cursed Event.

Funnily enough, I started playing just a few weeks after the original failed attempt, so I got a lot of the Sorrytons, and I read all of the messages in my in-game mail about it, but actually had no idea what the deal was with it at the time. xD

I just kept reading them like, “Oh, you’re sorry that this one event isn’t happening this weekend. That’s cool. Okay. Erm.... What event would that be...?”

I very much appreciated the chrons, though! They helped me along nicely as a newer player. (:
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    Ivanstone wrote: »

Save your time, it's putrid... Riker also pilots the Enterprise with a Logitech joystick... need I say more?

I thought that "manual pilot mode" was awesome.
  • Options
    Other Section 31 Crew:
    Luther Sloan
    Agent Janeway
    Section 31 Reed

uh, why does janeway have section 31 trait?
  • Options
    WundigoreWundigore ✭✭✭
    KTz wrote: »
    But Mirror Tucker just ran in the recently mirror mega event.
    Come on, after that there are so many characters, now you repeat some over and over.
    Be more professional!

He is probably the pack only card for this event. Nice for folks that only got 3 stars when he recently featured.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    guest_7456 wrote: »
    Other Section 31 Crew:
    Luther Sloan
    Agent Janeway
    Section 31 Reed

Non canon Janeway for storyline reasons.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »
    Other Section 31 Crew:
    Luther Sloan
    Agent Janeway
    Section 31 Reed

...and because someone at DB loves tossing out Janeways and Burnhams like cheap candy at parades.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other Section 31 Crew:
    Luther Sloan
    Agent Janeway
    Section 31 Reed

...and because someone at DB loves tossing out Janeways and Burnhams like cheap candy at parades.

They haven't done a new Janeway since the Mirror mega have they?
  • Options
    The team scrambled throughout that evening to write an entirely new Faction Event on the fly, which they dubbed "Unlikely Heroes"--surely a nod to their own valiant work to rescue the weekend.

Unlikely Heroes was my first event! I only kinda remember all this. Guess I didn't pay much attention in the early days.

Hope I can do better than my original #18287.
    Sisko: What are you gonna learn in the next few months that you haven't already learned in the last 300 years?
    Ezri Dax: Oh, how to keep from breaking into tears for no reason...
  • Options
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Other Section 31 Crew:
    Luther Sloan
    Agent Janeway
    Section 31 Reed

They haven't done a new Janeway since the Mirror mega have they?

Thats because April's mega event is all Janeway ALL THE TIME!!! :p
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope DB gets some good voice clips of Donna Murphy’s dulcet tones - might actually make me turn the sounds back on!
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't we vote away one of the Ferengi factions at one point?
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't we vote away one of the Ferengi factions at one point?

Rule 125 we voted for their defeat in the Ferengi Civil War, not sure if that was supposed to destroy them or just drive em underground,
  • Options
    Other Section 31 Crew:
    Luther Sloan
    Agent Janeway
    Section 31 Reed

Agent Janeway is a version of her Katrine character in the episodes The Killing Game Parts 1 and 2. Why she was given the "Section 31" trait still baffles me since Section 31 was never mentioned or shown in Voyager.
    There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

DB: Do Better.

Member of Starship Trista
  • Options
    SvenLundgrenSvenLundgren ✭✭✭✭
    Please make Anij the threshold...
    Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agent Janeway is a version of her Katrine character in the episodes The Killing Game Parts 1 and 2. Why she was given the "Section 31" trait still baffles me since Section 31 was never mentioned or shown in Voyager.

Agent Janeway is inspired by The Killing Game, but introduced in an event featuring Section 31, and given the trait for the event story.

The canon version of Janeway from The Killing Game is called Katrine.