Home The Bridge
Options

Continuum Missions & Quipment Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just going to add my name here to second a couple of points that keep coming up - get rid of that gold flash or whatever going across the character art (art is so important to some in this game and that effect ruins it), and get rid of the annoying exclamation point on the crew menu. Those are really my only complaints.

Those issues are #2 and #3 on my list. Once they fix the bugs and I can run missions again they'll go up to #1 and #2.
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Right now I just need to find my strongest crew in all 6 skills. Level them up so I can put 3-4 quipment on them. And then make sure they're not fatigued. Worst case I run the mission with 1 crew who can win the final node, 1 crew who can crit the one node I need, and then a third crew that doesn't matter. I can repeat that enough times to clear every node without ever needing to think about trait bonuses or secondary skills. And the time/effort it takes to start leveling a different crew negates any benefit of better optimizing crew selection.

last time I'll pound this drum, but that is also why its SOOO important to be able to put quipment onto a crew without having to run them 4 times first. Thats what stops you from actually using crew that fit different trait matches.

That first slot is not going to make a difference. At most the traits give you ~600 point bonus. Trait bonus + 1 quipment is not enough compared to 3-4 quipment. If my best crew with 3 or 4 quipment can clear a node I'm just going to use them. And even if it's just a chance to crit, i'd rather take a couple shots with that crew than run 20-30 missions with another crew before they can quip enough to matter.

That’s fair, i agree that traits should be worth a lot more so you have a reason to bother. Perhaps if 2 traits plus 1 equipment were enough, that would be worth it. So more like 500 points on elite per match, Either way the leveling requirement just makes it un-fun. Maybe I do equip the crew with good traits if it doesn’t require 30 missions first
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have just refreshed the rewards, and done a couple of missions.

There is no indication on the mission screen which missions still have rewards, only that they all have 3/3 stars.

This is something it would be good to add once all the bugs have been ironed out.

I also cannot see the timer for how long until the missions reset. I thought we had one before.
  • Options
    I have just refreshed the rewards, and done a couple of missions.

There is no indication on the mission screen which missions still have rewards, only that they all have 3/3 stars.

This is something it would be good to add once all the bugs have been ironed out.

I also cannot see the timer for how long until the missions reset. I thought we had one before.

The timer is active whenever the next set of missions is pre-loaded so that the system knows they're there to count down to. Under normal circumstances they plan to load far in advance so we should always see it, but they haven't loaded next week's yet because they're still fixing bugs. It will still be Tuesday's server reset.

(Source: Ben on the livestream.)
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    rcvvhsd89ka2.jpeg
    New concerns: Why are components Sooo out of whack. I have tons of command research but almost no command databases. Then the opposite for science. If you are going to have 2 types of components for each skill, they should be available at a similar rate, or basically all the extras are worthless.
  • Options
    Greetings Captains. Thank you for all the feedback gathered in this last couple of days. We will make sure to send this to the devs & team to improve some mechanics and overall state of the game. LLAP
  • Options
    My short list:
    1. I don't mind having to use crew not on shuttles or a voyage - it's making me prioritize who to use where. Also since continuum missions only requires my best combined crew for each of the 6 skills it isn't like it's that big a hardship to have them dedicated for a few days.
    2. I think the merits/quantum/dil rewards are a great idea, but I think they should refresh and be earnable again when you spend the dil to refresh the rewards.
    3. I'm starting to wish the UI was more configurable by preference. At this point if I'm on the main screen I don't care how much dil or ISM I have. I'd rather see the cooldown countdown for my container so I know when I can run through continuum missions again. (Also the gauntlet recovery time.)
    4. I don't like having to run crew through continuum missions to get xp to unlock slots. I don't think that adds any value to this feature and I know I will be really annoyed by it when I decide I want to use quipment on crew for event purposes.
    5. As others have mentioned, I agree that the traits don't really seem to matter as long as you have the slots to put quipment in. (Unless you don't have solid combined immortalized crew in the first place).
    6. UI thing - sometimes the little star on the bottom row of nodes isn't very visible since the trait text and the star are similar colors and overlap.
  • Options
    Good: This feature has turned me round from having a vague plan to slowly wind down my Level 99 account to having a silly, but rewarding for me, long-term project on it (getting all the Quipment slots unlocked for all of my favourite cards, including 1-4 stars). I'm one of those people who've been wanting more expeditions/chapters on the main map and this scratches the itch very well, with the need to consider the trade offs between traits and overall scores and so on.

Neutral: The relatively easy to obtain 250 quantum a week has already completely changed my relationship with retrieval. I used to be mildly obsessive about making sure I had 5m credits by the time my quantum ticked up to 900, but now I'm just going to retrieve when I hit the credit threshold and be confident the quantum will be there. I suspect after one go round of the Critical Chroniton Levels OE, I'll never have my quantum below the cap again.

Bad: as almost everyone else has said, the lighting effect on immortal cards has not come out the way it was presumably intended. It makes scrolling through crew quarters an unpleasant experience where I used to enjoy it because of the cool art. Please turn it off.
  • Options
    Maybe a silly question: how does one run out of credits? I have more than I could ever spend.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe a silly question: how does one run out of credits? I have more than I could ever spend.

I run out building Equipment and Retrieving Crew.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

After retrievals are taken care of, I’ll burn surplus on 90k pulls. There’s little point in having over 10M credits.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been plowing my monthly dilithium card into CRs; it's become more reliable than packs at moving up my 5* cards. But it's also eating into my credits; I'm currently at 80M credits (had been around 120M) for the first time since about 2019. It doesn't help that skirmish events have been few and far between.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1508 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    05pqkq6kglpu.jpg
    My current Quipment count,
  • Options
    weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023

For me, it's being impatient about getting crew I'm excited about finished, and using the replicator on gold items with fiddly builds that need lots of components (especially if they only come from high-chroniton-cost missions and even then at a low drop rate).
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023

I got into the habit of spending all my credits on basic reward packs to build up my honor total, especially if there's an honor sale on. It's got me in trouble before when I got hit by a Critical Chroniton Levels OE and didn't have enough credits to afford two retrievals at once. I'm more careful about it now, and even more with the bonus 250 quantum each week.
  • Options

Retrievals. With the "Critical Chroniton Levels" events getting rather frequent, I have 7000 Quantum banked up that I can't use unless the game starts also providing credits much more rapidly.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    I run out of credits on my 3rd account because I am leveling crew.
    If I did not level crew, I probably would not run into needing credits.

I think now , this continuum equipment, is making my need for credits worse on my 3rd account. Also, I believe we occasionally would get credits for failed faction missions. Now of course no rewards for failed missions,

Edit: Also, on my 3rd account, I use up my Chrons everyday unless I am exhausted from playing the game.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a way to opt out of this feature? I have never attempted a single mission in this thing and yet all my cards are now glowing gold and look awful.
  • Options
    where is the FAQ's? I'm sick of scrolling through all this looking for what should be simple answers about how this thing is actually supposed to work
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    The Slaver's stats should be his full immortalised stats with bonuses added, not his level 1, 1/4 stats.

I also think crew in my quarters should be above frozen crew in the list.

1lci1hy66eoo.jpg
  • Options
    Not to mention, why bother creating nice art for the Legendary characters if you’re just going to obliterate it.
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it interesting that a number of people have posted that they are not interested in playing the Continuum part of the game. Personally, I find the Continuum has revived my level of engagement. The ability to apply temporary boosts gained through the Continuum to improve performance in other parts of the game (Voyages, Gauntlet, shuttles and some events) is a significant attraction to me. As an example, the current event has a small pool of bonus crew, which would normally limit the number of shuttles I could run with a high chance of success (I don’t run any below 95%). By applying temporary boosts to the event/bonus crew I have been able to run 7 shuttles continuously with the lowest chance of success at 97%. So far I haven’t failed a shuttle mission.

To maximise the Continuum boosts benefits in other parts of the game requires some thought to be applied when making decisions about which crew to unlock slots for, what skills to boost, when to apply boost etc. I like having plan my progress and this is probably the most attractive part of the Continuum for me.

• Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it interesting that a number of people have posted that they are not interested in playing the Continuum part of the game. Personally, I find the Continuum has revived my level of engagement. The ability to apply temporary boosts gained through the Continuum to improve performance in other parts of the game (Voyages, Gauntlet, shuttles and some events) is a significant attraction to me. As an example, the current event has a small pool of bonus crew, which would normally limit the number of shuttles I could run with a high chance of success (I don’t run any below 95%). By applying temporary boosts to the event/bonus crew I have been able to run 7 shuttles continuously with the lowest chance of success at 97%. So far I haven’t failed a shuttle mission.

To maximise the Continuum boosts benefits in other parts of the game requires some thought to be applied when making decisions about which crew to unlock slots for, what skills to boost, when to apply boost etc. I like having plan my progress and this is probably the most attractive part of the Continuum for me.

For me it is pretty simple: I am not interested in being an unpaid beta-tester learning a new game mode that converts my permanent game resources into temporary buffs designed to help me in other game modes I do not do unless I absolutely have to (Gauntlet), do not require assistance (shuttles), or ones where I'm already generating a massive surplus (voyages -188 revival tokens and 461,000 chronitons). I hit 12 hour voyages every day now and my entire daily routine involves recalling my daily voyage at the 12 hour dilemma before going to bed so it will be back and ready to go again when I wake up, doing a lot of extra work just to disrupt my daily voyage schedule to me makes no sense.

If other people enjoy this that is wonderful, I'm not trying to be a hater, I just don't want to do it. I also just want my cards to look right, so I'm kind of annoyed that something I am not doing is ruining one of the things I used to really like about STT.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »

For me it is pretty simple: I am not interested in being an unpaid beta-tester learning a new game mode that converts my permanent game resources into temporary buffs designed to help me in other game modes I do not do unless I absolutely have to (Gauntlet), do not require assistance (shuttles), or ones where I'm already generating a massive surplus (voyages -188 revival tokens and 461,000 chronitons). I hit 12 hour voyages every day now and my entire daily routine involves recalling my daily voyage at the 12 hour dilemma before going to bed so it will be back and ready to go again when I wake up, doing a lot of extra work just to disrupt my daily voyage schedule to me makes no sense.

If other people enjoy this that is wonderful, I'm not trying to be a hater, I just don't want to do it. I also just want my cards to look right, so I'm kind of annoyed that something I am not doing is ruining one of the things I used to really like about STT.

While I agree with you about the silliness of temporary buffs, you are forgetting the 250 quantum and 250 dilithium (the merits are no big deal), which are worth running approximately 33 away missions. Once you fully unlock the Quipment slots for 1 highly skilled crew in each skill and build an abundance of Qbits, the whole feature becomes another boring exercise to do on a weekly basis for quantum and dil. The quantum alone is worth the effort, cutting your retrieval time by almost a third of the time, and that’s from just one set of continuum missions in a 3-week period.

Once we figure out the timeline (ie: once a week) of the continuum missions, we’ll be able to get even more efficient and equip a single set of Quipment to clear 2 weeks worth of continuum missions, by waiting until near the end of one round and then first thing the next round. It will effectively become something you only need to do twice a month, and they are just away missions that count towards your dailies at a cost of 100 chrons each (if you run them every two hours). There is no reason to waste dilithium on the extra tubes, making it a huge net-gain of valuable resources - quantum and dilithium… even if it is a redundant waste of time involving multiple unnecessary new stupid resources (Quipment and Qbits).